Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,736 members, 7,831,342 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. (14360 Views)

This Family Wants To Rent A Groomsman Fo Their Son's Wedding / Nobody In Her Family Wants Me Except Her / My Family Wants Me To breakup with My Fiancee For A Wealthy Older Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by kevotek1000(m): 5:23pm On Sep 06, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]Let the heart leads... I pray that God will see you through.
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by yeye4live(m): 5:25pm On Sep 06, 2012
My question 4u posta, if u mary dat man cuse of money n his money mistakely vamus wat wil u do,4get ur pple ooh n dat fake pastor,love out weight moni, mariage na evalasting ooh
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Mynd44: 5:25pm On Sep 06, 2012
acidtalk: Please go ahead and marry the RICH but warn your parents and family not to come and cry on nairaland when the man uses you for money rituals when he is becoming broke.

So many people are just too short sighted that's why more people are miserable in their marriages today than ever before.
She should make her own choices. They won't be living her hell for her you know.
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Lenny5000(m): 5:26pm On Sep 06, 2012
septua: Hi.i am young woman in my early 20s. I have been seeing a young man of 30 for about a year now and about 2 months ago he started talking about marriage plans although he hasn't proposed but i took that as one.

He has rented a 3 bedroom apartment and promised to take me to his parents towards the end of the year. Long story short we planned to get married next year.

I trust him although i fear he might disappoint me as he is still struggling. But 3 weeks ago my people called me home from were i was doing my service to meet a man that has come for my hand in marriage. The man is handsome and wealthy but he is 16 years older than me and that alone makes me uncomfortable. Plus i dont really like him.

we seem not to have much in common, But my mum and my aunty have been begging me to marry him as we are sort of going through financial breakdown and they see him as a kind of saviour. Plus my mums pastor says he has seen the marriage in vision before now.

The marriage will be done in less than 4 months if i say yes, And if i say no then i will have to wait for my man till mid next year.

So i ask please will you consider your family and go into the marriage or wait for your love.

Since your Mum's Pastor can see Vision, so why didnt he see one in which your Mum find ways of making her own money rather than pimping her Daughter? One thing I hate hearing is that word BEG.. Pls tell me what has begging got to do with this? Since y'all believe so much in begging, then why dont you BEG your Mum and the rest to allow you decide who to marry?.. Prostitutes Sleeps with Total Strangers for Money and material things and now they are Begging you to Marry a Total stranger for Money and Material things. Please tell me the difference? If you allow your Mum Sell you to that Rich stranger then whatever happens at the end, you have yourself to blaim. Begging you to marry a Stranger indeed! These people just dont get it

1 Like

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by alaoeri: 5:29pm On Sep 06, 2012
fankasibe: As a gud fwend of yas, me ganna advace ya ta keep dating da tu men secwitely, and also tway to callect mani fram dem regulaly.
Your user name really tells alot. undecided
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Beync(f): 5:32pm On Sep 06, 2012
don't marry a stranger u know nothing about him. With ur education you can make ends means if you support the one your heart yearns for. many people who start from a humble beginning most times find their ways up their.

1 Like

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by hardbody: 5:34pm On Sep 06, 2012
septua: Hi.i am young woman in my early 20s. I have been seeing a young man of 30 for about a year now and about 2 months ago he started talking about marriage plans although he hasn't proposed but i took that as one.

He has rented a 3 bedroom apartment and promised to take me to his parents towards the end of the year. Long story short we planned to get married next year.

I trust him although i fear he might disappoint me as he is still struggling. But 3 weeks ago my people called me home from were i was doing my service to meet a man that has come for my hand in marriage. The man is handsome and wealthy but he is 16 years older than me and that alone makes me uncomfortable. Plus i dont really like him.

we seem not to have much in common, But my mum and my aunty have been begging me to marry him as we are sort of going through financial breakdown and they see him as a kind of saviour. Plus my mums pastor says he has seen the marriage in vision before now.

The marriage will be done in less than 4 months if i say yes, And if i say no then i will have to wait for my man till mid next year.

So i ask please will you consider your family and go into the marriage or wait for your love.

Gurl, you sink and swim with the man you love. When the hulabaloo (not sure of that spelling) is over, you ALONE will live with your misery. Take a decision that will make you happy and a decision that if you are unhappy thereafter, you can look back and tell yourself, 'it was my choice'. There is no guarantee that the rich man will remain rich or that your struggling boyfriend will not step up his game and start doing well, experiences abound along those lines. My views.
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by mcevans1(m): 5:39pm On Sep 06, 2012
DICKtator:

seconded.
Why are some parents this selfish??

grin grin grin grin

Hahahaha you just murdered my dog with your ENGLISH! R u a mixed breed?
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 06, 2012
Are these things still happening?why would parents use their offspring as a bait to financial freedom?my advice,pls Marry the man your heart choose,your parent wont live with u forever.dont mind them,but pls do it politely when refusing their request,in order not to create unnecessary animosity in the family..a Marriage is to be Enjoyed,and not Endured...
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by freemanrule: 5:44pm On Sep 06, 2012
As 4 me ll say say no to both.take sometime and tinnk coz its nt boyfriend nd girlfriend ting b ds oh.bebe its a life time ting we taking abt.
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 06, 2012

remember say bible say obey ur parents
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by swtchicgurl: 5:48pm On Sep 06, 2012
lefulefu:
remember say bible say obey ur parents

are you drunk? or why insinuate rubbish?! you don't have to comment you know angry
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by MrsChima1(f): 5:48pm On Sep 06, 2012
Most families want their members to marry for money.
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Okontami: 5:51pm On Sep 06, 2012
@Poster . Please kindly do a true and sober reflection and analysis of your present life , state 3 values you want to add to these men. Please note that sex should not be part of your list. Thank you .You better don't be a burden. Do something meaningful with your life. Add value to it first. OKONTAMI
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by toomy51: 5:53pm On Sep 06, 2012
Seek spiritual help. Let a __̅_̅̅_̅̅̅G̲̣̣̣̥o̲̣̥O̲̣̣̥ό̲̣̣̣̥̥̊ƌ̲̣̣̣̥ prophet tell U̶̲̥̅̊ d right 1.
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 06, 2012
swtchicgurl:

are you drunk? or why insinuate rubbish?! you don't have to comment you know angry
why are u vex? sad
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by MrsChima1(f): 5:58pm On Sep 06, 2012
lefulefu:
why are u vex? sad

Your family is pressuring you to marry for money huh? grin grin grin grin grin grin

The cost of garri went up! grin grin grin grin
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Thereishel: 6:05pm On Sep 06, 2012
WHO TELLS YOU THAT THIS MAN IS NOT MARRIED, DIVORCED OR HAVE CHILDREN AT THE AGE OF 40. BE PREPARED TO FIGHT YOUR "OROGUNS" AND STEP CHILDREN IF YOU MARRY FOR MONEY. YOU SAID YOU DON'T LOVE HIM AND HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON AND WHY YOU WANT TO CONCOR TO LOVELESS MARRIAGE. THE PASTOR WHO SAW THE VISION WOULD NOT LIVE WITH YOU! BE WISE AND CAREFUL.
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 06, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Your family is pressuring you to marry for money huh? grin grin grin grin grin grin

my family no need to pressure me.i be smart guy and i am goin to marry a fine yankee babe for greencard cool
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Oxytocin712: 6:25pm On Sep 06, 2012
Personally i will advice you to wait, marry someone dt you love and who loved you, ur mum and aunty will not be there with u and why did they want to use u to settle monetary issues?. As of ur pastor, i believ in REALL ONES and to me they are there to confirmed what u have seen. pls be wise let him deceive u not in d name of 'vision' and why can't u go extra mile in prayer and to genuine men of God who will not lie JUST TO CONFIRMED IT. Also what is ur father's opinion?. STAYBLESS.
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by DeCleff(m): 6:27pm On Sep 06, 2012

LEARN FROM THIS STORY.

I was dating a young girl (Edith) and we really loved each other. But along the line while she was in Port Harcourt, her parents called her to come home for an important meeting and she went.

When she came back from Umuahia, she told me that HER PARENTS ASKED HER TO MARRY ONE OPPRESSOR ( A WEALTHY GUY) Who based in Lagos and haue come to ask for her hand in marriage. I couldn't stop her because she came from a poor home and her parents wanted the money without considering their daughter's happiness.

Three days to her tradhtional marriage, she came to invite me, passed the night with me and we made love. But i didnt attend the ceremony. Though everything went on well.

But a year later the man died and she already had a daughter for the man and THE FAMILY OF THE MAN CHASED HER AWAY WITH THE DAUGHTER.

Now the poor girl who was forced against her will, is suffering with no one to help. I have search for her but couldnt find her.

SO ASK YOURSELF IF YOU ARE READY FOR IT BEFORE GIVING IN TO YOUR PARENTS DESIRE.

1 Like

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Ariyke: 6:28pm On Sep 06, 2012
if u agree to marry becus of ur financial prob. u'll soon wake up to d reality of life cus the man is gonna make u pay for every cent spent on u and ur family will b out of sight to help so follow ur heart and stand ur ground on the issue so as nt to bite ur fingers and say HAD I KNW.

2 Likes

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by demmie1: 6:29pm On Sep 06, 2012
AmBeautiful:
Next time you see your mother and Aunt ask them this question:

If i marry him now,when i don't love him because of money, what happens tomorrow when money finish undecided

Then come and tell me their answer undecided
and tell your mother and aunt that they can marry the man themselves if they want his money. or are they the ones that will live your life?
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Mmiriariugwu: 6:36pm On Sep 06, 2012
ndcide: if i say that the OP is not ready for marriage some persons will take it too far. go and develop yourself first. befor you get married you should be abel to hear from your God.(chi). you want to base your marital decision on the opinion of nairalanders? thats crazy.

that you date a guy does not make him the right person for you. poor or rich. may i ask, are you 100 percent sure the rich guy is not the right man for you? who says he cant be. are you 100percent sure the other guy won't change his mind about you in future?. leave nairaland alone and go on your knees and pray and stop this rubbish. you want to get married into another family blindfolded? or as blind as a bat? or from the opinion of strangers. Do you know your God?

Marriages are way-too complex that all psychological theories have failed. and people are failing every day. Go and pray seriously. if possible fast for days. and God will speak to you. don't be lazy. God is more interested in your marriage than you are interested in it. so ask him some how he'll speak and give you peace. whatever happens in future you'll be consoled you heard from God. All human reasoning have failed in issues of marriage. don't reason like the multitude coz you'll get what they get/have.

CIAO
brother u've said it all.who says the rich man can't b d ideal man?If she's backing out because of age difference it s a difrent thing.Why r some folks so sceptical about his forune not lastin are the God?One thing is certain here, d man is ready&willing,as for ur "loverboy",2moro is uncertain!

2 Likes

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by occam(m): 6:42pm On Sep 06, 2012
DeCleff:
LEARN FROM THIS STORY.

I was dating a young girl (Edith) and we really loved each other. But along the line while she was in Port Harcourt, her parents called her to come home for an important meeting and she went.

When she came back from Umuahia, she told me that HER PARENTS ASKED HER TO MARRY ONE OPPRESSOR ( A WEALTHY GUY) Who based in Lagos and haue come to ask for her hand in marriage. I couldn't stop her because she came from a poor home and her parents wanted the money without considering their daughter's happiness.

Three days to her tradhtional marriage, she came to invite me, passed the night with me and we made love. But i didnt attend the ceremony. Though everything went on well.

But a year later the man died and she already had a daughter for the man and THE FAMILY OF THE MAN CHASED HER AWAY WITH THE DAUGHTER.

Now the poor girl who was forced against her will, is suffering with no one to help. I have search for her but couldnt find her.

SO ASK YOURSELF IF YOU ARE READY FOR IT BEFORE GIVING IN TO YOUR PARENTS DESIRE.

Well life is a risk it doesn't mean this can happen to her.

Abeg don't frighten people with Nollywood story
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Mynd44: 6:44pm On Sep 06, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

That is the only food they could afford and now, the price has gone out of their reach
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by nneh1(f): 6:50pm On Sep 06, 2012
Mynd_44: I will advice you to marry according to your heart. Don't ever marry because of financial problems cos there is no difference between that and prostitution
i agree with you.
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by freecocoa(f): 6:53pm On Sep 06, 2012
OP the fact that you are giving this a thought is kinda disappointing for an educated person.

Even if that your guy disappoints you, that doesn't mean you should marry just anybody talk more of an old man because of money.

If your mum and aunt love him that much then they should marry him.

1 Like

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by methodman(m): 7:00pm On Sep 06, 2012
bortu y?
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by septua: 7:06pm On Sep 06, 2012
Oxytocin_712: Personally i will advice you to wait, marry someone dt you love and who loved you, ur mum and aunty will not be there with u and why did they want to use u to settle monetary issues?. As of ur pastor, i believ in REALL ONES and to me they are there to confirmed what u have seen. pls be wise let him deceive u not in d name of 'vision' and why can't u go extra mile in prayer and to genuine men of God who will not lie JUST TO CONFIRMED IT. Also [b][/b]what is ur father's opinion?. STAYBLESS.

Father said in as much as he want me to marry a rich man dat dey shuld allow me to follow my heart.
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by ujukala: 7:08pm On Sep 06, 2012
Your feelings matters most. Parents should know that. It is up to you.
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by pduka: 7:19pm On Sep 06, 2012
@ndcide
infact you just spoke my mind...the decision is between her and her God. The table can turn either way - ONLY GOD side is genuine...s-e-e-k GOD.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See How Dangerous It Is To Patronize Prostitutes / The Costly Mistake Many Men Make When Choosing A Marriage Partner / Safer To Marry: Virgin Or Disvirgined?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.