Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,650 members, 7,823,842 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed (16668 Views)

Prof Osinbajo Vs Pastor Tunde Bakare, Who Could Have Performed Better? / Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis By German Doctors!! / Patience Jonathan Diagnosed With Ruptured Appendicitis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by Jmkheart: 4:04am On Sep 06, 2012
A spokesperson for the Horst Schmidt Klinik in Wiesbaden, Germany has revealed that the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan was in a bad state of health when she arrived at the hospital last week.

The hospital’s official, who confirmed that initial records showed that Mrs. Patience Jonathan had earlier been treated for food poisoning in Nigeria before being brought to the Horst Schmidt Klinik, however, said she was responding to treatment after she had undergone a major surgery for a ruptured appendix to remove the poisons in her intestine.

During an eight-minute telephone chat yesterday through telephone number +49611433436, a senior consultant of the hospital who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Mrs. Jonathan was brought to the hospital early last week after the management of the hospital had been contacted and briefed on the deteriorating health condition of the first lady.

She said that Mrs. Jonathan was getting better but added that the hospital management would ensure that she was fully fit before she would be allowed to go back to Nigeria.

When we demanded further details, the hospital official said it was improper and unethical for her to make such details available to a third party, ending the call and refusing to pick up subsequent calls.

A reliable source in Aso Rock told us that the decision to take the First Lady to Germany for better treatment was borne out of the fact that her medical aides in Nigeria complained that they could not get accurate diagnosis as a result of insufficient medical facilities in the country.

Twelve days after she left the country, her Media Assistant, Ayo Osinlu, yesterday said there is no definite date yet for her return.

In a telephone conversation yesterday, Osinlu insisted that Mrs Jonathan is on a foreign trip to take a well deserved rest. "I can tell you authoritatively that the First Lady was not lifted by any air ambulance to anywhere, all those things are lies. 

"Nobody is going to put a gun on my head and force me to talk when I have no fresh information," he said.
Asked when the First Lady will return, he retorted: "I don't know. I don't have any information on that.  You don't expect me to call her and ask her when are you returning, is she my mate? Ours is to ensure everything is in order to receive her once her return is made known to us. I do not have fresh information on that".
Osinlu had on Sunday laboured hard to justify Mrs Jonathan's sudden disappearance from the public.
“If you look at her itinerary in August, you will be wondering how she was able to accomplish that,” he told a national daily.
Credit: George Agba, Abiodun Oluwarotimi and Leadership Newspaper.
http://transparencyng.com/index.php/news-categories/111-personality/7048-we-performed-major-surgery-for-ruptured-appendix-on-mrs-jonathan-horst-schmidt-klinik

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by Kobojunkie: 4:09am On Sep 06, 2012
If this turns out to be what happened, this is not only a slap in the face of every Nigerian out there who voted this man in, but disgrace to a Nation at 52.

9 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by CyberG: 6:08am On Sep 06, 2012
Weren't some idiots lying she just went to the rest? As if Nigeria is not big enough to contain her fat ass for rest? Now, progressive countries don't hide all the bullshit, they just say the facts like this woman and move on!
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by floriana(m): 6:23am On Sep 06, 2012
Patience my love! My one and only crush. My long-standing object of infatuation. Am happy your surgery was successful and am convinced you will come back a more beautiful Dame and even damsel. At least that tummy I have always complained about will now go down after the removal of that steupid bloated appendicitis. Looking forward.......

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by Chanchit: 6:32am On Sep 06, 2012
Brb. Still sleeping.
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 06, 2012
Since when is appendectomy major?

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by Biggyd2: 7:21am On Sep 06, 2012
So when will the average Nigerian be empowered financially to enable them make their own trips to Germany or wherever for minor surgeries, since our hospitals are not equipped enough to carry out such operations? Abi, is what is good for the goose not good for the gander? undecided

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by na2day(m): 7:33am On Sep 06, 2012
ogugua88: Since when is appendectomy major?

When the thing don burst inside, the pus from the abscess caused will infect the whole stomach (peritonitis)
Na death be dat o! grin

Na God save am, we for dey plan her burial by now!

Anyways sha, it could still have been treated here in 9ja!

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by excondido(m): 7:45am On Sep 06, 2012
ogugua88: Since when is appendectomy major?
ruptured appendicities can be very fatal as in the case of harry houdini the famous american stunt performer.

a ruptured appendix releases bacterial-rich fluid that tends to affect the normal functioning of organs like the stomach lining and intestine and this have been shown to be life-threatening.
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by na2day(m): 7:50am On Sep 06, 2012
excondido:
ruptured appendicities can be very fatal as in the case of harry houdini the famous american stunt performer.

Na only Houdini?
I lost a relative through that!
The family was treating him with Ogun jedi-jedi for stomach ache!
He got to the hospital too late sad

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by saintobi1: 7:56am On Sep 06, 2012
I cant wait to be banned.
This is gonna be the 12th you be banning. You know what? We re just starting.... Cos i enjoy being banned.
#naijaPSYCHO
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by saintobi1: 7:59am On Sep 06, 2012
Appendicts...... Is that what you get for not eating garri? Just saying....

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by SubsidizeGarri(f): 8:13am On Sep 06, 2012
Kobojunkie: If this turns out to be what happened, this is not only a slap in the face of every Nigerian out there who voted this man in, but disgrace to a Nation at 52.

Dude!!

Leadership Newspaper!!

Come on now!! They are the Saharareporters of print media.
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by ChukwuekeDan: 8:18am On Sep 06, 2012
Wow, even hospitals in abj cannot perform the said operation, this is a shame to nigeria medical services/association. Pls nigerians tell us the truth so that this will nt be the second time in this country. Nawao!
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by friedrice1: 8:22am On Sep 06, 2012
The Presidency spokesperson came out and Openly Lied to Nigerians. Nigeria: A Nation of Fools!
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by Callotti: 8:27am On Sep 06, 2012
Thanks to the gods of Okrika land. I did not know how much I loved Mama P. Please, get well sooooon!!! undecided
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 06, 2012
na2day!:
When the thing don burst inside, the pus from the abscess caused will infect the whole stomach (peritonitis)
Na death be dat o! grin

Na God save am, we for dey plan her burial by now!

Anyways sha, it could still have been treated here in 9ja!

excondido: ruptured appendicities can be very fatal as in the case of harry houdini the famous american stunt performer.

a ruptured appendix releases bacterial-rich fluid that tends to affect the normal functioning of organs like the stomach lining and intestine and this have been shown to be life-threatening.

I'm not talking about ruptured appendix. I said appendectomy, as in the removal of the appendix. The procedure doesn't take up to an hour unless the patient has complications, which Perm-Sec did not. So, why are they calling it a major surgery? Considering it was in Germany, I guarantee you the surgery was minimally invasive.

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by spendogram: 8:57am On Sep 06, 2012
Once upon a time we were lied to about the where about of president, YarAdua. Now it's the first lady. We just heard that foreigners owned the patent rights to our current Naira notes hence the need to redesign it (in 5k notes.lol). But the big question is why do they get away with all these lies?

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by Super1759: 8:58am On Sep 06, 2012
My question is, but why are they hiding it? Is it a sin to be sick?

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by bigass(f): 9:01am On Sep 06, 2012
No hospital spokes person will divulge information about any patient if not given the go ahead to do so.The patient holds the right to conceal/reveal information regarding her/his state of health.

So this is false.

NB complicated Appendicitis is still not a Major surgery
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by superior1: 9:03am On Sep 06, 2012
Abeg, what is the big deal about this woman she can go to the moon for English lessons for all I care undecided undecided
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 06, 2012
I hope she doesn`t eventually go the way of Stella.undecided
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by tunapawizzy: 9:09am On Sep 06, 2012
Abeg o Patience must not die o.........we can afford to lose our national comedian o

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:12am On Sep 06, 2012
bigass: No hospital spokes person will divulge information about any patient if not given the go ahead to do so.The patient holds the right to conceal/reveal information regarding her/his state of health.

So this is false.

NB complicated Appendicitis is still not a Major surgery

Maybe there were complications, i had mine removed, was hospitalized for 3 days.. so this could be longer since it had ruptured
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 06, 2012
See what 1billion naira worth of cassava has caused? Smh! undecided

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by Meedu(m): 9:17am On Sep 06, 2012
Message from Nigeria's First Lady on her sick bed in Horst Schmidt Klinik in Wiesbaden, Germany.

"Fellow Nigeria,I am get well soon.It is the handwork of the opponent.They want me to die, so that they will collect my husband,I will rather commit suicide than to die.I am going to be alright,I will soon come to past so that I can come and visit Nigeria again.The Doctors in Germany are trying they are injecting me with fairly used drugs and I am working out.God bless everyone giving me a get well soon message,but for those people saying I will not come to pass,God is looking at you inside Aso Rock.The poison will soon kill them too.On behalf of the Doctors here I'm wishing my family quick recovery for me.

22 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by Tolexander: 9:18am On Sep 06, 2012
Can anybody explain to me what appendicites is? Cos my friend dt claims to be medical student has been bamboozling me that it is a painful swelling of the appendix which may be caused by the accumulation of stony substances like guava seeds, garri points meanin 'koko garri (please dont ban me o)
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 06, 2012
the news is false,how can you post a source's Cell-number in your report?
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by GARRILAND: 9:20am On Sep 06, 2012
Ehen!! So why were they hiding it b4? Is it a bad thing to eat garri made 4rm cassava bread & fall sick?
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by pufectskin: 9:21am On Sep 06, 2012
Nobody is going to put a gun on my head and force me to talk when I have no fresh information," he said.
Asked when the First Lady will return, he retorted: "I don't know. I don't have any information on that. You don't expect me to call her and ask her when are you returning, is she my mate? Ours is to ensure everything is in order to receive her once her return is made known to us. I do not have fresh information on that".

WOW! No wonder Nigeria is the way it is. Why cant he ask her when she would be back? What is disrespectful about that?
She is d first lady which means she is to serve this country and we deserve to know what is going on.
If Obama and/or his wife leave the US, Americans know when they would be back...
Are Nigerian elders/leaders so arrogant that they cannot be questioned anymore...If that is what we call culture, mehn, dis country is done for...i dont think we can ever develop...

6 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by Babamaleazeez(m): 9:22am On Sep 06, 2012
Ok
Re: Patience Jonathan: Surgery For Ruptured Appendix Was Performed by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 06, 2012
Biggyd2: So when will the average Nigerian be empowered financially to enable them make their own trips to Germany or wherever for minor surgeries, since our hospitals are not equipped enough to carry out such operations? Abi, is what is good for the goose not good for the gander? undecided

Enter government. That's the easiest route to make such trips.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC Releases List Of Candidates For Anambra Polls / African Bar Condemns Arrest, Invasion Of Judges’ Homes / President Buhari Promotes Hajo Sani, Aisha’s Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.