Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,407 members, 7,958,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:26 AM

Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title (18693 Views)

David Mark Bags Chieftaincy Title In Ohimini, Benue (pics) / Fayose Openly Declines Omojuwa’s Invitation / Dino Melaye Bags Chieftaincy Title (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by solomon111(m): 11:00am On Sep 09, 2012
Dotman01: Hell no. . . Lagos isnt an ordinary state. A state with population more than Togo and Benin rep.
yeah,but it has federal allocation of almost double of the GDP of those countries.
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by DonaldGenes(m): 11:03am On Sep 09, 2012
I haven't been to lasqidi before but i do hope all these incohorent hype about fashola doinq qreat work in lagos is true 'cos definitetly i wouldn't hesitate to campaiqne for him free of charqe
but i like him and his personality,it speaks volume of him than some of his Other Gov's who wouldn't stop to collect any damn or silly award confered on them.Lonq live Fed Republic of Niqeria! Lonq live everybody on NL!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by sheyguy: 11:10am On Sep 09, 2012
We shouldn't be too quick to rate BRF high based on his rejection of cheifaincy title or performance on infrastructural projects. Lagos state is a tricky one in the aspect of infrastructure because it has large population with smaller landmass, it is far more easier to populate the state with certain types of structures. Fashola needs to finish strong like he started, to be a strong presidential canditate come 2015
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by wawaboy1(m): 11:11am On Sep 09, 2012
I WILL VOTE FOR BRF FOR PRESIDENT, HE IS WORKING

1 Like

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Torch1(m): 11:12am On Sep 09, 2012
2buff: please let this man run for president...please
i hav been offered a chieftaincy title, i will decline it so that i can run as Vice presidential candidate for Gov. Fashola..
Hope you guys will vote for us?
Fashola/Torch1 2015...
Decline Oba's title and become president comes 2015

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 09, 2012
Desola:

Enlighten me then, please. How hard is it to receive money from 36 states and then redistribute it? The retardeen receives tax revenues from Lagos and gives a percentage of the oil derivatives to Lagos and other states and the huge percentage it keeps for itself is used for foreign trips and paying for a tummy tuck for a greedy obese woman who eats a billion pounds of her own flesh in food. The remaining percentage which is meant to use to provide security for the lives of the citizenry is being used to pay for the upkeep for an asewo in the name of Deizani and to keep the pockets of the millitant filled so as to stop them from bombing their avenue for looting and you tell me that is difficult? You have got to be a joker or betterstill from the moon.
you'v got to stop criticising negatively. All those heap of insults isnt civil. Calling her asewo is uncalled for unless you have concrete proof.

Presidency is surrounded with alot of forces. And in nigeria case,you will have to battle with not only numerous ethnic groups but with cabal of wealthy elites. It will take more than human effort to overcome these forces. Goodluck have alot of good policies and projects. But these cabals can buy off the whole national assembly or various govt agencies and any such good policies or projects, not in their favour, will never be see the light of the day. Jst watch how oil subsidy probe is goin. Check out what is happening in privatisation of power and so on.
Am not saying fashola wont be able to rule nigeria but bn successful as a governor does not automatically mean he can do better than our past or present president.
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by moshmusth(m): 11:25am On Sep 09, 2012
Sam Milla:

Because he declined chieftancy title ?

E tire me oooo.. Acn with their ways of seeking public appraisal at the expense of mediocrity of the royal house
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Dotman01(m): 11:28am On Sep 09, 2012
centje: you'v got to stop criticising negatively. All those heap of insults isnt civil. Calling her asewo is uncalled for unless you have concrete proof.

Presidency is surrounded with alot of forces. And in nigeria case,you will have to battle with not only numerous ethnic groups but with cabal of wealthy elites. It will take more than human effort to overcome these forces. Goodluck have alot of good policies and projects. But these cabals can buy off the whole national assembly or various govt agencies and any such good policies or projects, not in their favour, will never be see the light of the day. Jst watch how oil subsidy probe is goin. Check out what is happening in privatisation of power and so on.
Am not saying fashola wont be able to rule nigeria but bn successful as a governor does not automatically mean he can do better than our past or present president.
cabals are not the one feeding themselfs with #1 billion worth of food annually.
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by y2kaustin(m): 11:33am On Sep 09, 2012
berem: Nice one from BRF! If it were some other silly governors they would gladly accept to be conferred with chieftancy tiltles as if its a gateway to heaven! undecided
,..Igbotic/biafran governors.Most especially.
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 09, 2012
Dotman01: Hell no. . . Lagos isnt an ordinary state. A state with population more than Togo and Benin rep.
yeah we all know that. Former capital of nigeria,yeah.
But nigeria is 160million made up 250ethnic groups with different ideologies.
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 09, 2012
y2kaustin: ,..Igbotic/biafran governors.Most especially.
why dnt you focus on the topic and stop bn silly!
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 09, 2012
Dotman01: cabals are not the one feeding themselfs with #1 billion worth of food annually.
that's not the issue now.
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Demdem(m): 11:48am On Sep 09, 2012
centje: you'v got to stop criticising negatively. All those heap of insults isnt civil. Calling her asewo is uncalled for unless you have concrete proof.

I disagree completely with ur post but I do respect it however just want to point something out.
Are u aware that the retardeen failed miserably as a governor of one of the least populated but well funded states in Nigeria?

U can imagine the jet speed at which Nigeria will move unlike the current snail speed if a well known success like fashola takes over in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Demdem(m): 11:48am On Sep 09, 2012

I disagree completely with ur post but I do respect it however just want to point something out.
Are u aware that the retardeen failed miserably as a governor of one of the least populated but well funded states in Nigeria?

U can imagine the jet speed at which Nigeria will move unlike the current snail speed if a well known success like fashola takes over in 2015.
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by y2kaustin(m): 11:50am On Sep 09, 2012
centje: why dnt you focus on the topic and stop bn silly!
...R u silly enough,not to see my coment was backin up a coment,dat is topic compliance?
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Dotman01(m): 11:51am On Sep 09, 2012
centje: that's not the issue now.
u were the one that mentioned cabals.
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Demdem(m): 11:53am On Sep 09, 2012
But that alone completely rubbishes the excuse u are giving on behalf of the presidency
centje: that's not the issue now.
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Dotman01(m): 11:55am On Sep 09, 2012
centje: yeah we all know that. Former capital of nigeria,yeah.
But nigeria is 160million made up 250ethnic groups with different ideologies.
and am very sure all these 250 ethnic groups are LARGELY present in lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 09, 2012
Demdem:

he, definitely, wsnt the best among the crop of governors in power then but i don't agree he failed miserably.
He may not be the best president nigeria can offer but to a large extent he is doing better than most past presidents
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 09, 2012
Dotman01: and am very sure all these 250 ethnic groups are LARGELY present in lagos.
the same with most states in nigeria. But very minute number contribute to decision making.
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by DSoj(m): 12:00pm On Sep 09, 2012
Hypocrites and cheap talk.... So becos person decline chieftancy...he's fit to be president?? Taaaa

I'm not saying Fash is not a good guv, but as far as I'm concerned...Lagos income in comparison to development are nit at par...

And who called Tinubu a thief? Tell me which political leader/pub office holder is not...? Fashola Taaa.
Give me free hand and I'll uncover d ills in Lagos accounts..........
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Dotman01(m): 12:00pm On Sep 09, 2012
centje: he, definitely, wsnt the best among the crop of governors in power then but i don't agree he failed miserably.
He may not be the best president nigeria can offer but to a large extent he is doing better than most past presidents
gej was the worst governor, name any tangible project he executed,
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 09, 2012
y2kaustin: ...R u silly enough,not to see my coment was backin up a coment,dat is topic compliance?
the post you quoted never mentioned any particular ethnic group. Why start tribal war?
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Demdem(m): 12:04pm On Sep 09, 2012
centje: he, definitely, wsnt the best among the crop of governors in power then but i don't agree he failed miserably.

Am on ground here in south south and I can tell u that with all sense of responsibility. Av asked peeps to furnish me with his acheivements here and am still waiting. These fools where just sharing money throughout his tenure and that's why even till date alams the thief still remain the best governor so far.

Going by what is going on presently, I disagree with u again.
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Jarus(m): 12:10pm On Sep 09, 2012
This guy is a great administrator walahi. You can't just help admiring him. The guy get sense.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by playboy19(m): 12:13pm On Sep 09, 2012
centje: the post you quoted never mentioned any particular ethnic group. Why start tribal war?

Please disregard the idiiot.. He is one of the idiotic SSS officers on the board. It's just one of their moronic ways of derailing any thread crediting any of the opposition parties.

On the other thread, he wrote Yoruba as Yoruba and in the same sentence wrote Igbo as ibo, just to infuriate either of the two tribes and spark up another tribal tussle and make them forget the main purpose of the thread. That's what they do

1 Like

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 09, 2012
Demdem:

But that alone completely rubbishes the excuse u are giving on behalf of the presidency
i dnt think so dear,i also question that amount budgeted for feeding but you can't single that out as a failure of his administration. Moreover,I doubt House culd have passed it if the amount waz that outrageous.

Am sure when you find yourself in that seat you will appreciate better the true situation of things.
Its far easier to govern a state.
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by unwanaabasi(m): 12:20pm On Sep 09, 2012
Tellam mek him carry am com gif ma governor 4akwa ibom.
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Demdem(m): 12:21pm On Sep 09, 2012
centje: i dnt think so dear,i also question that amount budgeted for feeding but you can't single that out as a failure of his administration. Moreover,I doubt House culd have passed it if the amount waz that outrageous.

Am sure when you find yourself in that seat you will appreciate better the true situation of things.
Its far easier to govern a state.

Actually I can. It simply shows the mindset and priorities of those in power. Why should they even conceive such in the first place?.av u ever wondered why one of the first bills this govt sent to NASS has to do with tenure elongation. I never believed him when he promised transformation. What we still have its the continuation of the status quo. We need someone that will stop this malady.
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by SisiKill1: 12:23pm On Sep 09, 2012
Question -What is the difference between those who grew up with shoes and the shoeless?

Answer - NO WOBIA BEHAVIOR.

Bakare was right after all.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 09, 2012
Demdem:

Actually I can. It simply shows the mindset and priorities of those in power. Why should they even conceive such in the first place?.av u ever wondered why one of the first bills this govt sent to NASS has to do with tenure elongation. I never believed him when he promised transformation. What we still have its the continuation of the status quo. We need someone that will stop this malady.
well,he still has roughly 3 more years to go. I hope you wont be disappointed if he turns things around.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP / Nigerian Governors Meet In Abuja(photos) / "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.