Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,185 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title (18489 Views)

David Mark Bags Chieftaincy Title In Ohimini, Benue (pics) / Fayose Openly Declines Omojuwa’s Invitation / Dino Melaye Bags Chieftaincy Title (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 09, 2012
all4naija: Seriously, I need a list. I am not here to defend anybody!

Google is your friend, mate... If you have got a problem with surfing google, you can ask any older person who was in Lagos during his tenure..

I got my info. from my parents and I used google as well..
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 09, 2012
shymexx:

What has he done about all the complaints they have made to him?? Does he look like someone who cares about normal people?

And why are they so keen about the Lekki-Ajah-Epe axis, when the mainland is crying for development? - and that's why most Lagosians live anyway.
I don't know. Doesn't it seem like priority than anything else. Is Lagos so divided as you are making it to look? I want to ask you this question, who are the indigenous people of Lagos?

Don't forget the list, please.
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 09, 2012
shymexx:

Google is your friend, mate... If you have got a problem with surfing google, you can ask any older person who was in Lagos during his tenure..

I got my info. from my parents and I used google as well..
I can't find it on Google. Please, stop pointing to Google for information which are limited.

Has Google now become excuse for every failure to provide evidence?
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by solomon111(m): 2:58pm On Sep 09, 2012
all4naija: This is always the problem. Is there anybody saying there are not people who can do better? But, with what has been achieved so far compare with others he has,at least, done something recommendable. PERIOD!

What is your argument though?
My point is that those,who are asking for a fashola presidency and maligning GEJ should take a chill pill.
Fashola is not significantly better than Gej.
If we must term Gej a failure,it means the next president must be very very good.
Fashola as far as am concerned, is not a significant improvement on Gej.
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 09, 2012
all4naija: I don't know. Doesn't it seem like priority than anything else. Is Lagos so divided as you are making it to look? I want to ask you this question, who are the indigenous people of Lagos?

Don't forget the list, please.

The indigenous people of Lagos are the: Ijebus(Epe, Ajah, Iru land, Ikorodu, and part of Badagry), Egbas, Aworis, and the Eguns... I'm trying to build a house in my hometown in future, but with these corrupt clowns thieving everything and making it overly expensive - that's probably going to be difficult... Just look at how expensive Lekki is for a mini-slum... It's just madness!!

Let me help you with the list:

He also recalled that the House of Assembly complex where the event was held was also built by Jakande along with the Lagos State Television, Lagos Radio, Lagos State University as well as countless low cost houses in places such as Ijaiye, Dolphin, Oke-Afa, Ije, Abesan, Iponri, Ipaja, Abule Nla, Epe, Amuwo-Odofin, Anikantamo, Surulere, Iba, Ikorodu, Badagry, Isheri/Olowu, Orisigun and the like. Ikuforji added that but for Jakande’s foresight, “the kind of housing crisis that we would have been faced with in Lagos today would have been monumental.”

kuforiji continued: “The Jakande-led government established the Water Management Board and Waste Disposal Board on the 18th of August, 1980. He constructed the Adiyan Water Works to increase water supply in the state to 18,16 million litres per day. He modernized and expanded the Iju Water Works which was first commissioned in 1915. This increased daily capacity from 159 to 204 litres per day.

“Alhaji Lateef Kayode Jakande’s government purchased and commissioned the giant car crusher equipment. The equipment was designed specifically to crush derelict vehicles in Lagos State. It had the capacity to crush 45 vehicles per day. It was Alhaji Jakande that started the creation of additional local government areas in Lagos State. Similarly, he constructed or rehabilitated and resurfaced the following roads amongst others – Epe –Ijebu-Ode Road, Oba Akran Avenue, Toyin Street, Town Planning Way, Alimosho-Idimu-Egbe Road, Idimu-Iba-LASU Road, the new secretariat road and several others.The same person we are celebrating today was the person that constructed Victoria Island/Epe Road and thereby creating an ‘oil rig’ for Lagos State.

“In the same vein, he established Asphalt Plant for the Department of Public Works as well as Electricity Board for Rural Electrification, provision of street lights and other related essentials. He modernized, expanded and commissioned Onikan Stadium in 1982. At this juncture, it is imperative to underscore the fact that this great man who abolished the tripartite shifting educational system in Lagos, where some children go (sic) to school in the morning, some in the afternoon and others in the evening. He established a singular school system and built several hundreds of schools across the state with facilities. Not only this, he ensured genuine free education in Lagos State and the beneficiaries of this policy are in different positions of eminence in the country and around the world even some are seated here with us today,” Ikuforiji submitted.

Furthermore, Ikuforiji recalled that whereas there were only 605 primary schools when Jakande took over the reins of government in 1979, with 434,545 pupils and 105 secondary schools with 107,835 students, by 1981, barely two years after, he had raised the primary schools to 812 with 533,001 pupils and secondary schools to 223 with 167,629 students. He also stated that between March and August 1980, he constructed 11, 729 classrooms with the maximum of 40 children per class adding that by 1983, the government of Jakande had constructed over 22,000 classrooms. He also revealed that Jakande had commenced the process of executing a metroline project before the military struck in December 1983 and stopped the project.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/27-years-after-lagos-honours-jakande/83935/

^^^^Make sure you read and digest that... Fashola and Tinubu were present when the speaker of the Lagos house of assembly eulogized the achievements of that great man - and they all called him the best thing to ever happen to Lagos..
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:19pm On Sep 09, 2012
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola SAN (left) with his Father, Alhaji Ademola Fashola (2nd left) former Deputy Governor of the State Sen. Kofoworola Akerele- Bucknor (2nd right) and the Senator representing Lagos East Senatorial district, Senator. Gbenga Ashafa (right) during the Adamu Orisa Play in honour of Chief Yesufu Abiodun Oniru (1864-1984) at the Tafawa Balewa Square Lagos on Saturday November , durring the Eyo Festival in honour of the Orisha Gods.

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by EkoIle1: 3:20pm On Sep 09, 2012
solomon111: The only place witnessing fashola govt,are the island,ikeja and ikoyi.
The mainland have been completly isolated despite the fact they are completly pro-acn.
And most of the so-called projects he claims to carry out are federal govt collaboration.
Fashola represents an elitist form of govt,and is not what lagos and Nigeria needs now.

Wrong as usual. Nearly every state project I and others posted on NL are on the mainland, not on the island.

I know its a waste of time going back n forth with with people like you because even he he did everything you are complaining about and God reached down and gave the man a pat on the back, its still going to be the same pointless and bogus complaints from you simply because your motives has nothing to do with what you are complaining about, its just the same generic NL hate by any means necessa mentality.

The folks on the island should be the one complaining because the only major project in that part of the state is the ikoyi link bridge and that's not even island proper.

Many of these criticisms are just too ignorant and laughable.
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 09, 2012
shymexx:

The indigenous people of Lagos are the: Ijebus(Epe, Ajah, Iru land, Ikorodu, and part of Badagry), Egbas, Aworis, and the Eguns... I'm trying to build a house in my hometown in future, but with these corrupt clowns thieving everything and making it overly expensive - that's probably going to be difficult... Just look at how expensive Lekki is for a mini-slum... It's just madness!!

Let me help you with the list:

^^^^Make sure you read and digest that... Fashola and Tinubu were present when the speaker of the Lagos house of assembly eulogized the achievements of that great man - and they all called him the best thing to ever happen to Lagos..
Why won't they in the a ceremony like such? There is nothing there that really serve the interest of the poor than what Fashola has been doing.

Furthermore, Ikuforiji recalled that whereas there were only 605 primary schools when Jakande took over the reins of government in 1979, with 434,545 pupils and 105 secondary schools with 107,835 students, by 1981, barely two years after, he had raised the primary schools to 812 with 533,001 pupils and secondary schools to 223 with 167,629 students. He also stated that between March and August 1980, he constructed 11, 729 classrooms with the maximum of 40 children per class adding that by 1983, the government of Jakande had constructed over 22,000 classrooms.
Jeez! It what you are accusing Fashola of is what I am seeing in this over-bloated Jakande rule.

Please, the list are nothing to write home about because petty compare to Fashola projects done and ongoing. The bridges, Eko atlantic, the 10 lanes road project, the light-rail projects, the schools contructed, the waste disposal, the reform state sanity control system, cctv, the water supply, the demolitions of slum (probably heighten at Jakande administration),BRT, the Lagos taxi, .

FASHOLA ACHIEVEMENT

He said his administration had improved the infrastructure and academic programme of the state university with completion of the University Staff School, the University Auditorium, and the University Law Library, and progress on the construction of the School of Transportation building.

He said the government had awarded contracts for the rehabilitation and reconstruction of 197 classrooms, at the secondary and primary school levels.

Fashola stated that his administration had ramped up efforts to manage the environmental effects of severe rainfall with massive cleaning and construction of drainages in Agege, Babs-Animashaun, Somolu, Lekki, Ijora, Ilasamaja, and other parts of the state.

On transportation, Fashola said his government had improved on road condition across the state with the erection of street signs, traffic lights, and the thermo-plastic lane marking and zebra crossings to help in the management of traffic and assist motorists and pedestrians.
Government has also paid special attention to inner-city roads with the award of contracts for rehabilitation of eight roads in Aguda, rehabilitation of 16 aging roads in Mushin and three roads in Ogudu, in addition to the completion of the design of the Mile 12-Ikorodu Road, which is estimated to cost over N30 billion, he said.

In the area of security, the governor said his administration had improved the rapid response capacity of security agencies in the state with the purchase of 60 additional power patrol bikes and six patrol boats.

Meanwhile, Fashola has described the new tenancy law enacted by the state as popular with residents and, therefore, self-enforcing.
A release by his special adviser on media, Mr. Hakeem Bello, said the governor told an interactive session with journalists as part of activities marking his 1, 600 days in office that anyone that enters a contract outside the provisions of the law cannot ask for remedy under it, as he is deemed to have perpetrated an illegality.

Fashola also spoke on the introduction of a device used to measure level of alcohol intake – breathalyzer – that was launched on Thursday, saying it will help to reduce accidents and improve healthcare by not only detecting alcohol but also the abuse of substances such as marijuana, cocaine and others.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fashola-recounts-achievements-in-1-600-days/100613/

I still think Fashola is not bad at all. He has done his best and would be the best governor for time being Lagos has seen.
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Demdem(m): 3:21pm On Sep 09, 2012
centje: am still very optimistic based on records in our economy and other areas.

However,There're still few aspects of his policies i dont like.

All na propaganda abegii. its what i see with my eyes not what one useless document that has been thoroughly doctored by the same govt says. Its not the first time and it wont be the last.
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by EkoIle1: 3:34pm On Sep 09, 2012
solomon111: My point is that those,who are asking for a fashola presidency and maligning GEJ should take a chill pill.
Fashola is not significantly better than Gej.
If we must term Gej a failure,it means the next president must be very very good.
Fashola as far as am concerned, is not a significant improvement on Gej.

You are wrong. Fashola is more than significantly better gej on all scales, saying he is not betrayed your own best judgement and honesty.

Gej used to be a governor like fashola and I can not point to anything gej achieved as a governor and even with gej as the president of Nigeria, fashola delivered more than the entire federal government combined.

Can you people just set aside your hate and be honest with yourselves. These comments are so ridiculous, they even defy logic and plain truth. This is insane.
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 09, 2012
all4naija: Why won't they in the a ceremony like such? There is nothing there that really serve the interest of the poor than what Fashola has been doing.
Jeez! It what you are accusing Fashola of is what I am seeing in this over-bloated Jakande rule.

But how many past governors have been celebrated, the way they celebrated him? I forgot it's the same all4naija guy, who just love to argue based on his linear point of view, and anything contrary to his point of view is utter tosh.. undecided

Please, the list are nothing to write home about because petty compare to Fashola projects done and ongoing. The bridges, Eko atlantic, the 10 lanes road project, the light-rail projects, the schools contructed, the waste disposal, the reform state sanity control system, cctv, the water supply, the demolitions of slum (probably heighten at Jakande administration),BRT, the Lagos taxi, .

All the projects you cited in defence of Fashola are still on going and he's in his second term, but Jakande achieved everything within a single term in office... And most of the achievements of Fashola aren't across the board - just massive developments around a particular axis...

If you want to argue about who's better, we can do a comparative analysis based on the funds available to the two men during their tenures - and cite what they were able to achieve in reference to the funds and the time span of each tenure...

I still think Fashola is not bad at all. He has done his best and would be the best governor for time being Lagos has seen.

I doubt it, he might be the best governor in Nigeria in the pseudo-democracy dispensation in Nigeria(a democracy without any real opposition party/opposing ideology) - but Jakande thumps him in every facet for grading good administrators... I studied the man, and he's probably the closest thing Awolowo...
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by EkoIle1: 4:07pm On Sep 09, 2012
shymexx:

But how many past governors have been celebrated, the way they celebrated him? I forgot it's the same all4naija guy, who just love to argue based on his linear point of view, and anything contrary to his point of view is utter tosh.. undecided

All the projects you cited in defence of Fashola are still on going and he's in his second term, but Jakande achieved everything within a single term in office... And most of the achievements of Fashola aren't across the board - just massive developments around a particular axis...

If you want to argue about who's better, we can do a comparative analysis based on the funds available to the two men during their tenures - and cite what they were able to achieve in reference to the funds and the time span of each tenure...

I doubt it, he might be the best governor in Nigeria in the pseudo-democracy dispensation in Nigeria(a democracy without any real opposition party/opposing ideology) - but Jakande thumps him in every facet for grading good administrators... I studied the man, and he's probably the closest thing Awolowo...

Jakande was indeed an excellent governor and we love him for his hard work and dedication on behalf of the people of lagos state and Nigeria in general.

That said, your arguments were not only flawed, they make ni sense, they even sound like a layman's points of view.

Lagos of today is not lagos of Jakande era. The population and needs is not the same. The cost of labor is not the same, cost of material is not the same, money doesn't have the same value like back then, we didn't have 20 million people to deal with.

We now have millions of more kids to educate and many more schools to build because of our present population,more healthcare delivery systems, more toads and bridges. We didn't have 16 vocational.centers, we didn't have drivers institutes, we didn't have 15 water works and 2 power plants, we now have more low income houses than what Jakande built, we have major bridges and more roads.

Fashola in a lot of ways trippled Jakandes achievements if not even more. Comparing a different time and different sets of circumstances and situations is really re.tarded, misguided and pointless.

This is nothing but a layman's talk and point of view.
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 09, 2012
Eko Ile:
Jakande was indeed an excellent governor and we love him for his hard work and dedication on behalf of the people of lagos state and Nigeria in general.

That said, your arguments were not only flawed, they make ni sense, they even sound like a layman's points of view.

Lagos of today is not lagos of Jakande era. The population and needs is not the same. The cost of labor is not the same, cost of material is not the same, money doesn't have the same value like back then, we didn't have 20 million people to deal with.

We now have millions of more kids to educate and many more schools to build because of our present population,more healthcare delivery systems, more toads and bridges. We didn't have 16 vocational.centers, we didn't have drivers institutes, we didn't have 15 water works and 2 power plants, we now have more low income houses than what Jakande built, we have major bridges and more roads.

Fashola in a lot of ways trippled Jakandes achievements if not even more. Comparing a different time and different sets of circumstances and situations is really re.tarded, misguided and pointless.

This is nothing but a layman's talk and point of view.

To be honest, I'm not really interested in your point-of-view because you have vested interest in Fashola's government, and you're a card carrying member of his party... Good luck to Fashola for whatever he has achieved, still achieving, or lack thereof - but I'm arguing based on being a bonafide Lagosian and the son of the soil... I'm neither partisan, nor am I trying to discredit Fashola - I'm just the voice of people like me whose ancestry is in Lagos... I've interests in where my people came from - and would love to own a property over there in future, but this administration has shown that it's like a thief in the night that's trying to steal everything - without leaving anything behind for the owners..

May I ask you what provision this administration put in place for those people whose ancestry is in Lekki and Ajah? - because I know darn well that most of them can't afford the hundreds of millions/billions of naira houses on that axis are being sold for?? And why the hell are those places that pricey, anyway?? These clowns keep stealing people's land all in he name of 'megacity', and awarding the land to themselves and their corrupt cronies... Can you tell me how anyone working a legit job in Nigeria could afford to build a house worth billions of naira(I heard there are houses worth that much in Lekki)

I'm from that axis and I'll like to build a holiday home in my hometown there in future, but my legit job won't be able to afford the hundreds of millions they go for... So, what 'provision' is he making for people like me whose ancestry is over there?? Seriously, he needs to take that megacity crap to the mainland and fix that place - the expansion into Epe axis is getting scary...

If at all I'm going to live in Nigeria, I want to live where my people came from... These people need to make provisions for the people from there, or stop this megacity and land grabbing expansion crap.. It's scary!!
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Gbawe: 4:43pm On Sep 09, 2012
solomon111: The only place witnessing fashola govt,are the island,ikeja and ikoyi.
The mainland have been completly isolated despite the fact they are completly pro-acn.

And most of the so-called projects he claims to carry out are federal govt collaboration.
Fashola represents an elitist form of govt,and is not what lagos and Nigeria needs now.

Why do some of you enjoy lying to yourselves and others? Why, why, why for god sake? How many times will people like you repeat this spiteful and wicked lie that is an insult to Lagosians? This is how you people peddle lies around carelessly ,in the process, deceiving others who cannot be bothered to think or inspect issues for themselves.

I have lived in Mainland Lagos for virtually all my life and for over 30 years. The Bode Thomas, Adeniran Ogunsanya, Eric-Moore, Iponri axis to be precise. I don't even know where to begin talking about the physical transformation in those areas alone that everyone can see and feel.

Below are pictures taken with my own camera showing superb drainage work , by Julius Berger, along Bode Thomas and extending all the way to Eric Moore. I just don't know what is wrong with people like you. I took the pictures below because another liar, edicolove, went around Nairaland lying that Fashola has not carried out one single drainage project in Lagos. I did not even have to leave my area to prove him a spiteful liar. You guys should stop the lies. Whatever your agenda/motivation for telling spiteful lies, fight it. You only embarrass yourself and appear unreasonable.

https://www.nairaland.com/826649/what-big-deal-fashola-nonsense/1

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by EkoIle1: 4:51pm On Sep 09, 2012
shymexx:

To be honest, I'm not really interested in your point-of-view because you have vested interest in Fashola's government, and you're a card carrying member of his party... Good luck to Fashola for whatever he has achieved, still achieving, or lack thereof - but I'm arguing based on being a bonafide Lagosian and the son of the soil... I'm neither partisan, nor am I trying to discredit Fashola - I'm just the voice of people like me whose ancestry is in Lagos... I've interests in where my people came from - and would love to own a property over there in future, but this administration has shown that it's like a thief in the night that's trying to steal everything - without leaving anything behind for the owners..

May I ask you what provision this administration put in place for those people whose ancestry is in Lekki and Ajah? - because I know darn well that most of them can't afford the hundreds of millions/billions of naira houses on that axis are being sold for?? And why the hell are those places that pricey, anyway?? These clowns keep stealing people's land all in he name of 'megacity', and awarding the land to themselves and their corrupt cronies... Can you tell me how anyone working a legit job in Nigeria could afford to build a house worth billions of naira(I heard there are houses worth that much in Lekki)

I'm from that axis and I'll like to build a holiday home in my hometown there in future, but my legit job won't be able to afford the hundreds of millions they go for... So, what 'provision' is he making for people like me whose ancestry is over there?? Seriously, he needs to take that megacity crap to the mainland and fix that place - the expansion into Epe axis is getting scary...

Unfortunately for you the points that I echoed are not my view point, these are the obvious realities in lagos today. The huge gap about the population between back then and today and the achievements of both governors are not my views, these are documented facts that you ignorantly and cluelessly overlooked, sensible and.logical people don't overlook these basic facts and considerations.

You overlooked these facts and realities because you don't care and you have some other issues and ax to grind.

Bottom line, to be taken seriously, you still have to make sense, be reasonable and honest with the facts.
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 09, 2012
Eko Ile:

Unfortunately for you fhe points that I echoed are not my view point, these are the obvious realities in lagos today. The huge gap about the population between back then and today and the achievements of both governors are not my views, these are documented facts that you ignorantly and cluelessly overlooked, sensible and.logical people don't overlook these basic facts and considerations.

You overlooked these facts and realities because you don't care and you have some other issues and ax to grind.

Bottom line, to be taken seriously, you still have to make sense, be reasonable and honest with the facts.

Rich coming from the mouthpiece of ACN who's notorious for propaganda.. I reiterate, I don't care about your biased point of view - but it's a free world, and you're entitled to your opinion... Lagos today has a higher GDP than Ghana, Benin, Kenya, and most of the countries in sub-saharan Africa with higher populations - but what has the government been able to achieve ?? Lagos is still a slum with dilapidated infrastructures everywhere - and the whole state is a big mess... But rather than fix the problem, they're more interested in elitist land grabbing expansion...
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 09, 2012
I'm not partisan, just fighting for my interests in my hometown... Still young but I want to invest where I'm from in future - and these corrupt elitists need to focus on people oriented projects. Rrather than investing in a pipe dream that would make the whole place elitist - and a haven for corrupt elites... Normal people have a right to live wherever they want, especially if it's ancestral land - and not everyone is interested in the 'get rich or die trying' syndrome... I love living a normal life, and I would love to own a house where I came from as well...

Fashola is an extreme capitalist, period - and I'm not a big fan of people with that shrewd mentality...

Off to watch the NFL!!

I'm out, yo..
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by EkoIle1: 5:20pm On Sep 09, 2012
shymexx:

Rich coming from the mouthpiece of ACN who's notorious for propaganda.. I reiterate, I don't care about your biased point of view - but it's a free world, and you're entitled to your opinion... Lagos today has a higher GDP than Ghana, Benin, Kenya, and most of the countries in sub-saharan Africa with higher populations - but what has the government been to achieve ?? Lagos is still a slum with dilapidated infrastructures everywhere - and the whole state is a big mess... But rather than fix the problem, they're more interested in elitist land grabbing expansion...

Gdp and operational budget are not the same thing. I keep telling you, stop spewing rubbish like a layman. Use your brains or seek knowledge before posting.

If this line of argument sounds good to you and if you are really a sensible person with a functioning brain, the most logical thing to do is to state the population of these countries side by side, their budgets individually side by side and exactly what they've each done and achieved their budgets side by side for logical and sensible comparison.

I know you people are used to the ignorant and illiterate argument and talk, but please show even the smallest sign of common sense and rational thinking.
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 09, 2012
I need to delete this crap... Who did I even bother to reply a paid mouthpiece?? undecided
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by EkoIle1: 5:40pm On Sep 09, 2012
shymexx:

Fam, who the fvck are you? I didn't even want to get abusive with you, but are you stupid or something?? take your dumb and inane analysis somehwere else, you fvcking ret.arded plonker... Rich coming from a pillock with the IQ of a leper, GTFOH... What do you know, other than suck people's nuts for a nickle in cyber space... Fam, seriously fvck you and fvck off...

I'm more educated than your whole generation put together, you son of an ape man - go suck a fat dyck like you always do, your paid for opinions don't count.... And don't ever speak when I speak, freaking slave...

Obviously, your level of education is below elementary and your thinking faculty sucks than a day day old baby's.

If at your age you are still peddling dumb and irrational comparisons and even spewing ignorant talk, what ever education money spent on you was wasted and in total vain. I do laugh and feel sorry for many of you. Try confine your illiterate argument to your own kind.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 09, 2012
Eko Ile:
Obviously, your level of education is below elementary and your thinking faculty sucks than a day day old baby's.

If at your age you are still peddling dumb and irrational comparisons and even spewing ignorant talk, what ever education money spent on you was wasted and in total vain. I do laugh and feel sorry for many of you. Try confine your illiterate argument to your own kind.

Debating you and you caveman mentality is pointless because you're a case of "He who pays the piper calls the tune." Your opinions are paid for and your penmanship is medieval... Get Fashola himself to debate me... You and I don't belong in the same league, now fvck off!!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 09, 2012
And stop quoting me, I don't have time for your nonsense... undecided

1 Like

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by whitecat007: 5:45pm On Sep 09, 2012
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Desola:

Enlighten me then, please. How hard is it to receive money from 36 states and then redistribute it? The retardeen receives tax revenues from Lagos and gives a percentage of the oil derivatives to Lagos and other states and the huge percentage it keeps for itself is used for foreign trips and paying for a tummy tuck for a greedy obese woman who eats a billion pounds of her own flesh in food. The remaining percentage which is meant to use to provide security for the lives of the citizenry is being used to pay for the upkeep for an asewo in the name of Deizani and to keep the pockets of the millitant filled so as to stop them from bombing their avenue for looting and you tell me that is difficult? You have got to be a joker or betterstill from the moon.
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by EkoIle1: 6:11pm On Sep 09, 2012
shymexx:

Debating you and you caveman mentality is pointless because you're a case of "He who pays the piper calls the tune." Your opinions are paid for and your penmanship is medieval... Get Fashola himself to debate me... You and I don't belong in the same league, now fvck off!!

The fact that you are ignorant is not my opinion, its a fact. The fact that you don't know the difference between GDP and budgets is not my opinion, its a fact.

Like I said, confine your low mentality and ignorance to your kind.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 09, 2012
Eko Ile:
The fact that you are ignorant is not my opinion, its a fact. The fact that you don't know the difference between GDP and budgets is not my opinion, its a fact.

Like I said, confine your low mentality and ignorance to your kind.

You just keep coming back, you're like a gift that keeps on giving... I'll indulge you and see what you've got..

This what GDP means:

***Gross domestic product (GDP) is the market value of all officially recognized final goods and services produced within a country in a given period. GDP per capita is often considered an indicator of a country's standard of living; GDP per capita is not a measure of personal income. Under economic theory, GDP per capita exactly equals the gross domestic income (GDI) per capita.***

So, if GDP per capita is often considered an indicator of a country's standard of living - how come it's not reflective in the lives of the average Lagosian with the amount of tax the state government makes from Lagosians

Answer that, before I proceed..
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 09, 2012
Eko_ile

You and your co-travellers liked your ignorant comment, but when it was time to test your intellectual capabilities - you ran like the coward you're....

Freaking annoying people!!
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by EkoIle1: 6:46pm On Sep 09, 2012
shymexx:

You just keep coming back, you're like a gift that keeps on giving... I'll indulge you and see what you've got..

This what GDP means:

***Gross domestic product (GDP) is the market value of all officially recognized final goods and services produced within a country in a given period. GDP per capita is often considered an indicator of a country's standard of living; GDP per capita is not a measure of personal income. Under economic theory, GDP per capita exactly equals the gross domestic income (GDI) per capita.***

So, if GDP per capita is often considered an indicator of a country's standard of living - how come it's not reflective in the lives of the average Lagosian with the amount of tax the state government makes from Lagosians

Answer that, before I proceed..

Do I really have to keep lecturing you? GDP is a gross reflection of the economy, but governments function, pay bills, and build infrastructures with passed yearly budgets which is always a fraction of the GDP. Your ignorance led you to insinuate that Lagos should be doing better because of the GDP when in fact the GDP is not what the state functions with, they function based on a limitation called budgets.

For any sensible person which you are not to come up with such comparison, they have to state the budgets from the places you mentioned, their wage bill, their obligations, the projects executed and under construction, the population and long term goals side by side for logical comparisons. You can not do that simply because you are mentally low and meager.

Without these factors, your argument remains shallow and elementary.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by EkoIle1: 6:48pm On Sep 09, 2012
shymexx: Eko_ile

You and your co-travellers liked your ignorant comment, but when it was time to test your intellectual capabilities - you ran like the coward you're....

Freaking annoying people!!

Why should I run from a brainless dolt like you? I lecture your type, its community service.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Eziachi: 6:58pm On Sep 09, 2012
2buff: please let this man run for president...please
Before he ran and you making his bed in Aso Rock. Let him tell us how he cast his vote in the last presidential election?
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Eziachi: 7:01pm On Sep 09, 2012
Desola: I really don't care for him being the president of Nigeria but willing him to become the governor of the western region or if push comes to shove - the president of Oodua nation. In the meantime however, it would be great if the other ACN governors can borrow leaves from his book and start taking strides to overhaul their respective states in the manner in which 'Fash' has done. In this case, Ogun state has no excuse for not being half as developed as Lagos given its proximity.

Well done, Fash. Yoruba is proud of you!
Funny how you love the idea and the sound of Odua nation and your future president, but the word Biafra often makes you feel melancholic. Funny world isn't it?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 09, 2012
Eko Ile:
Do I really have to keep lecturing you? GDP is a gross reflection of the economy, but governments function, pay bills, and build infrastructures with passed yearly budgets which is always a fraction of the GDP. Your ignorance led you to insinuate that Lagos should be doing better because of the GDP when in fact the GDP is not what the state functions with, they function based on a limitation called budgets.

For any sensible person which you are not to come up with such comparison, they have to state the budgets from the places you mentioned, their wage bill, their obligations, the projects executed and under construction, the population and long term goals side by side for logical comparisons. You can not do that simply because you are mentally low and meager.

Whit out these factors, your argument remains shallow and elementary.

You had to email gbawe to find your voice, and he's the one liking your ignorant comments - but I'll take on the both of you, it's nothing...

If GDP per capita exactly equals the gross domestic income (GDI) per capita, and the people in the state pay tax - it means the higher the GDP, the higher the spending power/budget of the government(the people in Lagos state pay too much for the services they receive with toll-gates etc. everywhere), no So, why has the government of Lagos state refused to spend the huge income it makes judiciously, and distribute developments across the nooks and crannies of the state

The last time I checked all the infrastructures in the state are either dilapidated, or non existent... What do the people get back in return for the huge taxes, fines, toll etc.. they pay for?
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 09, 2012
Eko Ile:

Why should I run from a brainless dolt like you? I lecture your type, its community service.

Lecture my type?? Looooooooool!!

Even your senior ACN colleague on NL can't lecture me, I school hillbillies like you... Your opinions are paid for, mine are honest opinions - peep the difference..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed / OFFICIAL Result Frm Kano Presidential Election / 2023 Presidency: The Decision Of The South Will Shake Nigeria — Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 201
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.