Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,736 members, 7,824,085 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (880048 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ACL(m): 3:08pm On Feb 08, 2011
Hi everyone, happy 2011.

@Katty

i just changed my gyn cos d previous one was only suggesting i remove fibroids of 24,22 & 23mm thru operation.
he was not interested in finding out y am having heavy bleedings with clots, and also spottings wc always lead to bleeding after several days. some of our nig Gyn could b funny sometimes. thank God for internet.

The new Gyn wants me to go for Endometrium biopsy for histology , i hope its what am suppose to do .he says its to investigate the irregular bleeding.
i pray after this i dont have to do more test, tot hav done all d womanly test b4 now. wish me luck.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by homedoctor: 7:47pm On Feb 08, 2011
EVERY HOME DOCTOR

A Comprehensive Health and First Aid Manual

1. RULES FOR STAYING HEALTHY
General causes of Diseases, Environmental Sanitation, and Body Care.

2. HEALING POWER OF FOOD AND WATER,AIR AND SUNLIGHT
Food (Classes,Source,Function and Deficiency effect),
Constipation,Diarrhea,Dehydration,Cough,Pneumonia,Asthma,Stuffed up
Nose,Fever,Skin infections, Eye
irritations,Suffocation,Fainting,Pimples,Acne,Rickets

3. COMMON AILMENT: CAUSES ,SYMPTOMS AND TREATMENTS
Malaria, Typhoid Fever, Fever, Jaundice, Headache, Cold, Cough,
Asthma, Pneumonia, Convulsion, Constipation, Diarrhea, Dysentery,
Dehydration, Vomiting, Toothache, Stomach Ulcer, Backache,
Rheumatism, Painful Joints, Hernia.

4. SERIOUS AILMENTS: CAUSES ,SYMPTOMS AND TREATMENTS.
Bleeding, High Blood Pressure, Hypertension, Sickle Cell, Amaemia,
Stroke, Diabetes, Tuberculosis, Measles, Chicken Pox, Insomnia, Cholera,
Fainting, Gonorrhea, Syphilis, HIV/AIDS.

5. TREATMENT OF BODY WOUNDS AND INJURIES.
Burns, Cuts, Sores, Fractures, Nosebleeds, Reptiles Bite, Sprains,
Dislocations, Sting, Breath Stop, Poison.
6. CARE OF THE BODY SENSE ORGANS.

The Eyes, Ears, Nose, Skin, Throat And Tongue.
7. FAMILY HEALTH AND BABY CARE
Family Planning, Safe period Calendar, EDD Calendar, Sterility (in
man),Infertility (in woman), Baby Health Rules.

For more information send email: buchiconsult@yahoo.com
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ceasyc(f): 6:36am On Feb 10, 2011
hi, my cousin is in her early 30's
she used to see her menstrual period (bleed) 4-5 days every month (1st day of period starts every 28 days)
but since 2009 her period only last for 1 day. though she said she has not had sex in over 3 years, she is wondering what could be d problem?

would this affect her from having kids when she is ready? what can she do to rectify it?
will she still b able to ovulate and will her ovulation period change?
her ovulation period used to be 9 days from d 1st day of her period to the 15th day (i.e 9th - 15th day counting from d 1st day of her period)

she knows her ovulation cos her mom taught her n also because she has a child already and a miscarriage
thx in advance
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ijeomaobi1: 9:10pm On Feb 10, 2011
doc,

i did all you said,gyn evaluation.my husband did semen analysis and he did varicocele.
pls explain varicocele to me and am still not pregnant.
he did it over 2 months now. i have been on clomid for the 2 months 50mg.
what have we not done doc? please help me.
on my gyn evaluation, everything is ok.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by just4just: 1:15pm On Feb 14, 2011
doc,
my wife fibrid operation b4 we married, now we be married 4 6month what help to get her pregnant.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ceasyc(f): 4:10am On Feb 19, 2011
ceasyc:

hi, my cousin is in her early 30's
she used to see her menstrual period (bleed) 4-5 days every month (1st day of period starts every 28 days)
but since 2009 her period only last for 1 day. though she said she has not had sex in over 3 years, she is wondering what could be d problem?

would this affect her from having kids when she is ready? what can she do to rectify it?
will she still b able to ovulate and will her ovulation period change?
her ovulation period used to be 9 days from d 1st day of her period to the 15th day (i.e 9th - 15th day counting from d 1st day of her period)

she knows her ovulation cos her mom taught her n also because she has a child already and a miscarriage
thx in advance

NO REPLY OR SUGGESTIONS STILL OR HAS D DOC LEFT D BUILDING FINALLY
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by moduperola(f): 5:02pm On Feb 19, 2011
Dr Kathy,

God bless you for the good work. I once talked to you about recurrent miscarriages and that God i am 32wks pregnant now.

I have been having pain on my left side(though it started on the right side), just below the breast in the last 2weeks. Just yesterday, my doctor said it is an upper tract infection though i await the urine culture result.

What is your opinion and what do you recommend? I seem to always have urinary tract infection yet i complete recommended treatment each time.

I await your response, please.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by stello(f): 11:47am On Feb 21, 2011
Hi Dr KattyEkiti,
hubby and i have been trying for a year now to have a child. i discovered last month that i started having this serious stomach upset (like i want to have my period). this pain started 3 days after my period. this month i felt the same stomach upset exact day i felt the one of last month but this time a bit mild.
kindly advise on what the possible cause of this could be
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Ikandmc(f): 7:57am On Feb 23, 2011
Thank you for your posts, they are very helpful,
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Ochlux(f): 9:06am On Feb 25, 2011
thank you for the good work. keep it up.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Lynakenz: 4:03pm On Feb 28, 2011
good day doctor and may God bless you for all the good work. we have been marries for 10 months now and am yet to concieve. i and my husband are o.k. we went for test, my husband did sperm count and he was o.k, but had to treat a little ntrace of stasphh. i did hvs, hsg, and scan and i was o.k.
now my mc runs between 27 to 29 days. but i have come to notice that during my ovulation i dont get to see that colourless discharge, but i feel abdominal pain. again, sometimes when i meet with my husband, the sperm comes out.
recently, in december, i missed my period for 9 days i.e 38 days,before it came out again in january, then in february it came on the 34th day. what could be the cause, was i pregnant because i had no infection. how do i correct the irregularities and know my actual ovulation date.

what can be used for me to ovulate properly. i need answers to all these confusion plssss,
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Croport: 11:31pm On Mar 07, 2011
u
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Ivynwa(f): 7:01am On Mar 08, 2011
OMG I just came across this una thread for the first time today and the greatness and helpfulness of this forum dawned on me. I was also swayed by the clamourings for the fruit of the womb by most of us, may it be done unto us all according to the will of God in our lives. May God heal the sicknesses, take away the mountains and problems preventing some of us from cuddling their babies and may God be praised for those who announced the births of their babies. I am really very moved by this thread.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nekkyihe(f): 7:20pm On Mar 08, 2011
Hi Doctor Kathy, Am 16 weeks pregnant and am having quite a good amount of creamy cervical mucus. is it normal? this is my first.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ceejayclas(m): 2:27pm On Mar 09, 2011
Buy 100 Books Collection on Medicine & Surgery For your research, Project and Academic purpose
Call 08062685918

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by knownrocka(f): 3:39pm On Mar 09, 2011
Hi Doctor Kathyekiti,

Am in my mid twenties and trying to get pregnant but have irregular menstrual period; as a matter of fact, its becoming disorganising for me. this problem started gradually from 32days, 40days, 60days and now i cant seem to find it anymore all in a space of 9months. Done HSG & its clear, done scans & PTs. Could it be an infection of some sort that has locked up my system? what could be the problem or rather if am your new patient, what would be your first advise?

Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Sammiejo: 6:54pm On Mar 10, 2011
Dr Kathy how are u?

I had a MC in Nov 2010 . I am now 6 wks preggers. My gyn want to play safe and gave me Duphaston.
What do you think? Is it Ok to use it?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by knownrocka(f): 4:24pm On Mar 11, 2011
Hi Doctor Kathyekiti,

Am in my mid twenties and trying to get pregnant but have irregular menstrual period; as a matter of fact, its becoming disorganising for me. this problem started gradually from 32days, 40days, 60days and now i cant seem to find it anymore all in a space of 9months. Done HSG & its clear, done scans & PTs. Could it be an infection of some sort that has locked up my system? what could be the problem or rather if am your new patient, what would be your first advise?

Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chopper(m): 3:45pm On Mar 17, 2011
Thank God u are here Dr Kathyekiti, i have a question for about my wife. For close to %months now she has been having irregular menstrual cycle which has made us to loose track of best time to have sex for a baby> And i am the very busy type. Please advise on what we should do. She also has a history of regular stomach pain, though she has seen a pharmacist who has recommended drugs to help get pregnant. Please advise needed as we really need a baby> Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tammyswits(f): 10:27pm On Mar 21, 2011
hey doc, i have been getting midcycle bleeds for the last 5 months and my period is sooo irregular,i am not taking any contraceptives nor am i sexually active, i had my last period on 18th FEB, had some spotting after about two weeks,followed by some thick jelly like cervical mucous (clear and stretchy), now i am spotting brown, Wats going on, Iam 23yrs
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by AngelNeky(f): 1:54pm On Mar 24, 2011
Please doc. what is colyfon and yeast infection all about?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by shollzy: 4:57pm On Mar 24, 2011
Doctor in the house pls can i get ovulation predictor kit in pharmacy store? pls im in okota isolo

Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nekkyihe(f): 9:42am On Mar 25, 2011
@ Angelneky, do u mean mean colyfon or coliform. I can help u with the explanation. Am a microbiologist by profession and this is my field.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by amoisi: 9:39pm On Mar 27, 2011
Hi Dr kathyekiti i ve bin viewing this thread and seeing the marvellous work u ve bin doing here, more grease to ur elbows. I just discovered that i am pregnant about 5 weeks,its my first .How early do i see a doctor and i was adviced to abstain from sex for now,what is ur advice?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nekibull: 11:01pm On Mar 30, 2011
hi Dr kathy, i really need your honest opinion abt my case. Im 26yrs old and hve been told i have bilateral tubal occlusion at the proximal end of the tube. Diagnosis was made by hsg and also multiple uterine polyp was found which was removed via D and C. My gyn recommended a laparoscopy but im so scared of the surgery. Are there any methods aside surgery? And what are my chances for a sucesful opening of my tubes via surgery?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Thinthin: 3:39am On Apr 03, 2011
Goodday Doc. I missed my period,it is my first experience since i recently got married,so i am a little confused as i don,t know if i am pregnant although i have been having some strange feelings within.How do i confirm? And pls educate me, am i supposed to abstain from having sex as soon as i discover i am pregnant or any side effects? Pls advice

Thnx a lot, awaiting ur quick responce.
Omarion
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by olamide123: 1:11pm On Apr 05, 2011
Hello Doctor,
i had premature rupture of the membranes at 24weeks, was pregnant up until 24+3 then had an anteparum haemorrhage which has been referred to as an abruption. The post-mortem placental examination showed acute chorioamnionitis with funsitis, a retroplacental clot and intrauterine pneumonia for the baby.

Do u think an incompetent cervix could have caused the rupture even though my cervix was closed at 24weeks and i stayed pregnant for 3days afterwards? What are the chances of it happening again? How soon can i try again? Am i a candidate for a cerclage? and please what other factors could have caused the rupture asides an incompetent cervix?
About the abruption, what are the chances of it happening again? Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Ivynwa(f): 4:50am On Apr 06, 2011
Good day all!
Please I have a thread with this topic and link below

What Are The Factors/things That Can Affect Pregnancy & Pregnant Women?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-638131.0.html

We are already discussing such issues about pregnant women like avoiding pounding things, stressful situations that may cause miscarriages like taking long rides over bumpy and pothole-filled roads, taking uncontrolled/unregulated or dangerous medications.
I feel that members of this thread may know much about the things being discussed therein and I am inviting any interested person that wants to contribute to the enlightenment and education of young women in our society to contribute their views and experiences there. It will be highly appreciated.
Thanks to you as the Lord is visiting each and every one of us, healing/granting us our heart's desires and restoring all the years that the cankerworm have stolen as he promised in Joel 2 vs 25. Alleluiah! Somebody Shout!   grin  grin  kiss Smile! Amen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.