Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,689 members, 7,820,400 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879633 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 10:42pm On Jun 14, 2013
Elizadath: Plz Dr, i am 11 wks preg, but i still feel slight pains in my breast and serious daily occasional pains in my abdominal. And dia is dis something hard in my abdominal. Pls what cld be d course of dis feellings? Thanks.

I will strongly advice you see your doctor for examination.

ijeaify: Gooday Dr! Please I have a pressing problem I took clomid on my own after which I went to d hospital doctor said I hav an ovarian cyst I did not repeat visit again till january when I got dere he said I have fluid in my abdominal cavity meaning cyst has ruptured he told me fluid can only be removed thru surgery which I refused so each time I go to d hospita for scans dey kip seeing ascites I changed gynae doctor who sent me for HVS and it came back no pathogen please my question is when is d fluid likely to clear and also can I still be pregnant with all dese.

I will like to ask how or what did ur dr do b4 he diagnosed ascites,was it through an ultrascan or what? And to answer ur question,depending,u may have to seek proper treatment and not assume it will go like that.Nevertheless, you can still be pregnant.But it is important that u do something about that thing....
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 11:57pm On Jun 14, 2013
oluplus: Hello Doctor, thanks for the good work. My wife is preg and the EDD is here. she did CS in 1st delivery after which it was discovered she has hynea ( aring in d stomach). now, it's time for 2nd delivery. Is it advicable that she goes thru CS again so that the hynea could be corrected at the same time, instead of opening her again.

Yes,that will be the safest option.

Spiciechi: Pls doc, im a lady of 31yrs old, not yet married. I recently went for a scan and dis wat d test said ' noted in d myometrium are multiple circumscribed hypo-echoic mass. Features r those of intrmural fibromyoma, d largest one at d posterior segment measuring 45mm x 43mm, anterior segment measuring 24mm x 25mm in their largest diameters respectively. And also pelvic inflammatory disease was found.' could u pls explain better to me and any thing i can use to eliminate d fibroid and PID. Thanks. Pls help its urgent

pelvic inflammatory disease is mostly as a result of untreated or improper treatment of STI and of course u know what fibroid is.PID can be treated using antibiotics and of course depends on the degree of infection and its response to antibiotics.
You will need to see gynae for proper examination.Though there are drugs that you can use to alleviate your condition.

timiege: Good day Doctor,
Doc,can one be experincing bossom discharge and still be ovulating becos I went for hormone profile text n d result shows I am ovulating but d discharge is still coming out.what should I do.thank you for ur respond.
Use Dostinex or Bromocriptine.

@ll I am feeling sleepy now.Will attend to ur questions in a few hours.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ijeaify: 7:01am On Jun 15, 2013
Yes doctor it was thru ultrascan he saw ascites and he gave me some injections after the HVS and UTI test.My present gynae is saying it will clear on its own
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ifeomaconstance: 3:31pm On Jun 15, 2013
ufobabe:

DOCTOR, ME SELF I NO UNDERSTAND.

maybe, u can tell the type of bacteria from her symthoms.

1. she had crawling insects all over her body.worm like movement.

2. she is reducing everyday. she is negative 2 HIV, AA genotype, O+ blood group,xtra test NORMAL SIZE

3. at times stifeness in her legs just can't move the right leg.

4. irregular menstration.

5. lost of memory. she sometimes forget easily.

from all these, i guess u can tell the type of bacteria she had.
  please help her
  thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tibunmilehin: 12:44pm On Jun 16, 2013
dr good afternoon.thanks for your advice on the forum.l am nine weeks pregnant but feel so tired everyday,lost of appetite, (this is my first pregnancy).please what is your advise
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Liffe: 11:17am On Jun 17, 2013
Liffe: After seizing for 6 months, Primolut-N was recommended to induce the period (Jan 24). My period is normally a 28 days circle.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Ehibeca(f): 1:25pm On Jun 18, 2013
pls doc, wat Erythromycin stearate tablets bp500 mg n Doxycycline use for?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 10:31pm On Jun 18, 2013
Ehibeca: pls doc, wat Erythromycin stearate tablets bp500 mg n Doxycycline use for?
they have so many uses which includes the treatment of bacterial infections

tibunmilehin: dr good afternoon.thanks for your advice on the forum.l am nine weeks pregnant but feel so tired everyday,lost of appetite, (this is my first pregnancy).please what is your advise
congrats,it is not an unusual experience in the first trimester.You will feel better in the coming weeks.Just make sure you take B complex and folic acid.And if you are not to comfortable,you can see a dr.In one word no cause for alarm.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Liffe: 11:54am On Jun 19, 2013
Hi doc, my question was not answered.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Julieni: 3:24pm On Jun 19, 2013
Hi doc,

i must confess, this is the best forum on nl, i have been searchin Fø̲̣̣я̅ a solution and i hope i get it here.

Doc pls, i took depo provera shot in march, and its 3months already, and i want to try Fø̲̣̣я̅ a baby. M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ problem is, i did Ŋφτ̲̅ mentruat thru the 3months till now. What can i do to induce M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ period. As i want to go on a fertility pill as well, bur i need M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ period first...

Please help doc... Pls
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jaypee4(f): 12:02am On Jun 20, 2013
Thanks doc
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Elizadath: 10:08am On Jun 20, 2013
kathyekiti: @ nenebran
The normal menstrual cycle is 21-35 days but there is a lot of variation. It is more important to determine whether you are ovulating with these menses than the interval between them. As long as you are not bleeding for extended periods of time, I would say you are a normal variant. Good luck
Pls doctor, reply my post. Am now 13 month pregnant now . Feeling feverish n very weak. I was treated for malaria but am still feeling sharp pains in my abdomen. And my bosom still pains me slightly. Pls what could be the course of this? Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Lerin(f): 5:58pm On Jun 20, 2013
Hello Doc.I went for scan abt 4wks ago cos I was having pain,the scan showed I was 6wks pregnant with a 5.5mm renaL stone. The pain is quite horrible,right now am even scared of anything happening to the formation of the baby cos of all the strong pain relieve I ve been taking before I discovered I was pregnant. The drugs are tramal slowpoke, declofenac and some other ones I can't remember and I was told surgery cannot be done now to remove the stone cos of the pregnancy,am so scared let my baby not have any deformity. Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 1:27am On Jun 21, 2013
Julieni: Hi doc,

i must confess, this is the best forum on nl, i have been searchin Fø̲̣̣я̅ a solution and i hope i get it here.

Doc pls, i took depo provera shot in march, and its 3months already, and i want to try Fø̲̣̣я̅ a baby. M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ problem is, i did Ŋφτ̲̅ mentruat thru the 3months till now. What can i do to induce M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ period. As i want to go on a fertility pill as well, bur i need M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ period first...

Please help doc... Pls

You can try Proveral.Please take this drug once daily for 5-10 days during the second half of the planned menstrual cycle.

@jay-pee
what if it is growing?Is it growing?Again if it is not infected,worry less about it.The more attention you give to it the wonders you begin to enjoy from it.

Elizadath:
Pls doctor, reply my post. Am now 13 month pregnant now . Feeling feverish n very weak. I was treated for malaria but am still feeling sharp pains in my abdomen. And my bosom still pains me slightly. Pls what could be the course of this? Thanks

I would not say this or that is the cause as I have not examined you.Pls I will advice you see a dr ASAP.Pleeee....ease!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 1:34am On Jun 21, 2013
Lerin:
Hello Doc.I went for scan abt 4wks ago cos I was having pain,the scan showed I was 6wks pregnant with a 5.5mm renaL stone. The pain is quite horrible,right now am even scared of anything happening to the formation of the baby cos of all the strong pain relieve I ve been taking before I discovered I was pregnant. The drugs are tramal slowpoke, declofenac and some other ones I can't remember and I was told surgery cannot be done now to remove the stone cos of the pregnancy,am so scared let my baby not have any deformity. Thanks.

And what was ur dr's advice?

Liffe: Hi doc, my question was not answered.
Really?You did not answer mine.I wanted to know which Day in ur cycle you took the test.
For your hubby,the sperm analysis is incomplete,the count is ok but infected with staph which will
have to be treated.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bettylee01719: 4:31am On Jun 21, 2013
Dear doctor
Btw 16 n 19 I notice spottin which I tot was inplantation bleeding wit minor cramping. I went 4 scanning below is the result;
A marginal bulky non gravid anteverted uterus 72.4mm x 48mm x 54.2mm wit inhomogenous myometrial echotexture
Uterine outline is lobulated across the anterior segment
Endometrial plate is noted thin n empty
No extra uterine gestation.no retained products.acyesis
Distinct ovoid shaped,echolucent solid mass about 32mm x 30mm(subserous)attached to d antero-fundal segment within corpus uteri.
Sizeable echo free fluid is noted within cul-de sac,?PID
NB: Hvs/mc/s to R/o PID

Can u exPlain wat dis means n d implications.thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Lerin(f): 9:13am On Jun 21, 2013
Either cope with the pain or terminate the pregnancy in other to do the surgery but my own fear is about all the various strong pain relieve I hv been taking not to affect my baby. Drugs like tramal retard cos from my reserch it shouldn't be given to a pregnant woman at all.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Julieni: 4:04pm On Jun 21, 2013
Thanks doc, U̶̲̥̅̊ r Simply d best
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by xlency(f): 12:38pm On Jun 22, 2013
Doc,mine is similar to this,i had an extended period,19th may till around 27th,though my periods av been irregular before then,on d 16th my hubby fingered me and saw blood was full in his finger,he askd me when my period was to come,i said tomorrow.i.e 17th ,we assumed it was my period,after den spots of blood was coming,b4 it later came on 19th and stopd on 27,now ds month my period has not come and it shd come today,
que:is it possible that pre cum of my hubby around my vagina can cause me pregnant?cos we dont wanna av d real sex so for him to release he plays around me buh never released in me?am scared i dont understand.last week or so i took a home pt and was negative.pls hellllllp........am waiting 4 reply pls doctor
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by magarchi: 7:17pm On Jun 22, 2013
Pls doc hw safe ıs fansıdar ın d 2nd trımester of pregnancy?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 10:46pm On Jun 22, 2013
bettylee01719: Dear doctor
Btw 16 n 19 I notice spottin which I tot was inplantation bleeding wit minor cramping. I went 4 scanning below is the result;
A marginal bulky non gravid anteverted uterus 72.4mm x 48mm x 54.2mm wit inhomogenous myometrial echotexture
Uterine outline is lobulated across the anterior segment
Endometrial plate is noted thin n empty
No extra uterine gestation.no retained products.acyesis
Distinct ovoid shaped,echolucent solid mass about 32mm x 30mm(subserous)attached to d antero-fundal segment within corpus uteri.
Sizeable echo free fluid is noted within cul-de sac,?PID
NB: Hvs/mc/s to R/o PID

Can u exPlain wat dis means n d implications.thanks

As short as possible,the solid mass visible is a subserous type fibroid and Pelvic Inflammatory disease (PID)is detected.I believe it is clear.

Lerin: Either cope with the pain or terminate the pregnancy in other to do the surgery but my own fear is about all the various strong pain relieve I hv been taking not to affect my baby. Drugs like tramal retard cos from my reserch it shouldn't be given to a pregnant woman at all.

Why fear are you the one that will sustain the pregnancy? You have taken those drugs out of ignorance except if it was prescribed to you by a dr.Any decision you take finally should be advised by ur dr.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 10:46pm On Jun 22, 2013
magarchi: Pls doc hw safe ıs fansıdar ın d 2nd trımester of pregnancy?
Very safe.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by steph2hot(f): 10:57pm On Jun 22, 2013
Doc, I don't get 2 climax during sex pls wats d cos?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Onyii90(f): 6:19am On Jun 23, 2013
Pls doc I need ur help...I had sex on the 15th day of my period(although I made use of protection) but it got bursted along d line. So I took postinor 2 12hrs later nd another dose in d nxt 12 hrs but its been 3 days since I took d last dose and I felt quite weak nd dizzzy but I've nt seen any withdrawl bleeding sign(as dis is also a sign dat shows d drug actually worked)does it mean d drug didn't work? Pls help me out I'm very worried. (Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by michealismenton: 7:25am On Jun 23, 2013
gdam doc. I am amy 22yrs. Somtime around oct last year i had a D&C. Bt i noticed dat my mensis became irregular and flowin once instead of 3day a mont. Plz wot drug do i take? its goin close 2a year na. Tnx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by umpteen: 3:32pm On Jun 23, 2013
infogenius:

I am sure you stopped taken the prescription that is why it fluctuated after u had it for 28 days.The causes could just be anything from your daily activities,to stress,addition of weight,eating habits,illness,travels,and so on.Any way I will advice you the dr.Make sure eat and live right and you should be ok.
hmmmm!funny but not good enough!its an hormonal imbalance.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Lerin(f): 5:39pm On Jun 23, 2013
Not that am scared,the drugs were prescibe by a doc to relieve me of severe pain caused by kidney stone but when I noticed the way the drugs collapses my system after taking it,I did a research about it and found out that it shouldn't be used in pregnany cos it causes defect in formation of the fetus and I was 7wks gone. The name is TRAMAL RETARD 100mg.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ubaida: 8:36am On Jun 24, 2013
Good Job Doc, Please would like to know.. i have not seen my period for some months now and went for an hormonal profile and result said i have hyperprolactemia. I used bromocriptine for 6mths,it was stable but afta i stopped the bromocriptine the period stopped now i have bought vitex chasteberry pls i need your advice on how to take it. And would like to know if it will make my period regular again.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Liffe: 2:42pm On Jun 24, 2013
Hello Doc, the test was taken on the 14th day of my 28 days cycle.

Appearance - Creamy
Volume - 2.0mls
Viscosity - Non viscous

MORPHOLOGY
Normal - 60%
Head defects - 15%
Neck defects - 15%
Tail defects - 10%

CYTOLOGY/HPF
Pus cells - (2 - 4)
Epith cells - (Few)
Count - 72.9million/ml
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Fruitfulmum: 5:21pm On Jun 24, 2013
Good day doctor I asked you a question but you did not respond

I have another pls
I had a positive opk result on the 16 of June cd 20 at 7pm and the following day about 3 hrs after I took diclofenac tablet I felt serious pain in my lower abdomen . I don't know if it is ovulation cramp or as a result of the diclofenac I took.

Although I and my Hurby bd on the Thursday morning then the day after the positive opk which was 17th of June 2013

Am ttc

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.