Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,123 members, 7,953,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:59 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (895128 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 11:53pm On Aug 03, 2013
Lerin: Hello Doc. Good evening and more wisdom from God upon you. I had an evacuation in june due to health reason,up till date I have not had my menstral period but I see creamish discharge in my pant,could it be that am ovulating withount having menses,and can I be pregnant even without seeing my menses since after evacuation. Thanks as I wait for ur response.

Firstly, you are not ovulating.Ovulation will always occur within your cycle days.The creamy discharge is possibly an infection.Does it smell and itch you?
It is very necessary I know why you had evacuation.So as to know the extent of the procedure.Any way, your periods should resume anytime soon.You do not have to worry too much.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 11:59pm On Aug 03, 2013
frostylook: Welcm Doc,
I have 2 problems as of now
1. My private is prone 2 easy laceration,especially
during sex. Other times,
I just see micro cuts from nowhere.
2. D use of condoms during intercorse
is a big problem. It ends up chafing me
sore with any attempt 2 use it
What can I do to reduce both?

In one word, use lubricants. Pls do not use Vaseline.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by onyinyechika: 9:02am On Aug 04, 2013
onyinyechika: hi doc,thanks for the good job uve been doing and welcome back.
sometime ago in d past i had c.albicans which continued to reoccur for more than 2 years with itching and white thick discharge as symptoms. i took so many anti fungal drugs and creams that finally reduced the symptoms. for 1yr now av nt had itching but stil hve white discharge bt not much. my v.flora has also been disorganized cos i dont see that ewcm during ovulation and av been ttc for 7months now. recently, i came across saliva test for candida which i did and found out my saliva sank inside d water with some cloudy strings. my question is..
1. does this test result mean i stil have the candida even without any symptoms.
2. how do i restore my v.flora cos i want to start seein that ewcm again.(i used to have lots of it) i only have creamy discharge during ovulation nw.
3. could it b the reason why i havnt been able to concieve? cos my hormonals and mc re normal.
pls what drugs can i take to cure this candida entirely. pls help. thanks n God bless.
[quote author=onyinyechika]
Doc pls u havnt attended to my question. Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Lerin(f): 6:12pm On Aug 04, 2013
[quote author=infogenius]

Firstly, you are not ovulating.Ovulation will always occur within your cycle days.The creamy discharge is possibly an infection.Does it smell and itch you?
It is very necessary I know why you had evacuation.So as to know the extent of the procedure.Any way, your periods should resume anytime soon.You do not have to worry too much.

[/quote The discharge is creamish,smelly and rough.infact 3 days ago that I put my finger in my womaniless to clean up,I was just bringing out rough discharge that looks like disolved drugs. The evacuation was done cos of the foetus not developing. Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Lerin(f): 6:15pm On Aug 04, 2013
[/quote The discharge is creamish,smelly and rough.infact 3 days ago that I put my finger in my womaniless to clean up,I was just bringing out rough discharge that looks like disolved drugs. The evacuation was done cos of the foetus not developing. Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by frostylook: 8:52pm On Aug 04, 2013
Dear Doc,
Durin intercourse,I lubricate well and there's just enough pre-intimacy,bt once d condom is introduced,it changes,and no matter wot,it stills chafe me. I hv had 2 stop my man right in d middle or drag myslf away cos I can't stand d pains. It is really frustrating him. The wierd thing is,I don't get chafed in absence of condom,but its a risk I can't continue taking. The lacerations most times,comes on its own. Bt it is inevitable durin intercourse. I really need help.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by fungramot(f): 9:56pm On Aug 04, 2013
[quote author=infogenius]

Answers
1.Miscarriages occurs when the foetus has genetic problems,others could be as a result of infections, hormonal issues, physical problem with the mother, immune disorders , history of previous miscarriages,thyroid or diabetes related issues and more common in women over 35yrs.

2.Eat healthy fertility boosting foods which must include dark green leafy vegetables, fruits and of course supplements.I will recommend fertility blend.

Thanx doctor. a̶̲̥̅♏ just 27yrs in age. I Will work on Ūя̲̅ suggestion. God bless u!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by yemitosin(f): 11:26am On Aug 05, 2013
thanks
for your response doc.please i have two questions for you, my pregnance
will be 8 weeks this week my and i was ask to go for scan. is it safe
to do that and secondly have not been feeling any symptom since except
missed period and swellen and tender breast is it normal because i read
that morning sickness is a sigh that the baby is healthy.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by RukkySuzy(f): 1:22pm On Aug 05, 2013
Hi Dr. Kathy, u av been a great help to me lately may God continue to bless u and increase ur wisdom. I am 12wks pregnant and I avnt started ante natal clinic yet but av bin taking pregnacare for almost a month now and it has really helped my appetite. But my major concern now is dat I hardly get enof sleep especially during d day and most times I sleep late at night and still wake up early and dis has always given me headache. Doc pls is dere any drug u can recommend for me cos am scared dis sleeplessness won't affect my baby. I shall expect ur reply soon doc. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sumblee(f): 4:38pm On Aug 05, 2013
Dear Dr Kathy i have two kids, but after the birth of my second child i add a tear due to her size which was later sewed up. But later when i started to have sex with husby it tore up. Dough its being long cos she is eight years now, and my husby doesnt seem to mind, but am not comfortable with it. Do you think it could still be stitched after all this years? And again for like three days now i feel itchy down there. What do you think i should do? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 3:00am On Aug 06, 2013
onyinyechika: hi doc,thanks for the good job uve been doing and welcome back.
sometime ago in d past i had c.albicans which continued to reoccur for more than 2 years with itching and white thick discharge as symptoms. i took so many anti fungal drugs and creams that finally reduced the symptoms. for 1yr now av nt had itching but stil hve white discharge bt not much. my v.flora has also been disorganized cos i dont see that ewcm during ovulation and av been ttc for 7months now. recently, i came across saliva test for candida which i did and found out my saliva sank inside d water with some cloudy strings. my question is..
1. does this test result mean i stil have the candida even without any symptoms.
2. how do i restore my v.flora cos i want to start seein that ewcm again.(i used to have lots of it) i only have creamy discharge during ovulation nw.
3. could it b the reason why i havnt been able to concieve? cos my hormonals and mc re normal.
pls what drugs can i take to cure this candida entirely. pls help. thanks n God bless.
I am sorry I missed ur post so I didn't answer them when I made my earlier posts.
Answers to ur question in same order
1.Yes, but you do it again to be very sure.
2.Drink plenty of water, about 6 - 8 glasses everyday,use evening primose oil,there is this cough syrup called Robitussin that you can use too.Garlic also helps as it thins mucus in lungs and cervical fluid and eat grape fruits.Any one of them will do but whichever way you go drink plenty of water.
3.Yes,the yeast infections kills the sperm cell when they try to find their way up. If u want a permanent cure pls call me or shoot me a mail.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 3:11am On Aug 06, 2013
Lerin: [/quote]
Please do go for treatment.It is that important.

[quote author=yemitosin]thanks
for your response doc.please i have two questions for you, my pregnance
will be 8 weeks this week my and i was ask to go for scan. is it safe
to do that and secondly have not been feeling any symptom since except
missed period and swellen and tender breast is it normal because i read
that morning sickness is a sigh that the baby is healthy.

Who asked u to go for a scan? The procedure is usually safe anyway.
There is nothing to worry about if u do not experience morning sickness.
My wife was never sick and she kept her pregnancy full term.

RukkySuzy: Hi Dr. Kathy, u av been a great help to me lately may God continue to bless u and increase ur wisdom. I am 12wks pregnant and I avnt started ante natal clinic yet but av bin taking pregnacare for almost a month now and it has really helped my appetite. But my major concern now is dat I hardly get enof sleep especially during d day and most times I sleep late at night and still wake up early and dis has always given me headache. Doc pls is dere any drug u can recommend for me cos am scared dis sleeplessness won't affect my baby.I shall expect ur reply soon doc. Thanks in anticipation.

Congrats.Trust me I will not recommend to you any drug.It is advisable you start ante natal if need be, or u see a dr so that u can get better attention.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 3:14am On Aug 06, 2013
sumblee: Dear Dr Kathy i have two kids, but after the birth of my second child i add a tear due to her size which was later sewed up. But later when i started to have sex with husby it tore up. Dough its being long cos she is eight years now, and my husby doesnt seem to mind, but am not comfortable with it. Do you think it could still be stitched after all this years? And again for like three days now i feel itchy down there. What do you think i should do? Thanks

Interesting,I will advise u 2 just let it be unless it is disturbing u.Then u may need to see a dr.
For the itch,give ur vg some air and if it does not stop c a dr.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 3:27am On Aug 06, 2013
Goldenbaby: Good evening Doc, please I went for Blood count test (FBC), and this is what the result says::
Hb - 13.3g / 100ml
Pvc - 40%
Wbc - 8,200 /mm3
Diff
Nev - 55
Lyrph -42
Eos -2
Mono - 1
Baso - 0
Please Doc explain the meaning of the result to me.

I want to believe the lab u had the test will provide the normal range of values
for their units as some units where are not specified in the report you have pasted.
But for those with specified units they fall within the normal range of values.
Below are the interpretations
Hb - Haemoglobin
Pvc - Packed Cell Volume
Wbc - White Blood Cell Count
Diff
Neu - Neutrophils
Lyrph-Lymphocytes
Eos -Eosinophils
Mono - Monocytes
Baso - Basophils
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 3:29am On Aug 06, 2013
fungramot: Thanx doctor. a̶̲̥̅♏ just 27yrs in age. I Will work on Ūя̲̅ suggestion. God bless u!

Amen and God bless u too.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 3:32am On Aug 06, 2013
frostylook: Dear Doc,
Durin intercourse,I lubricate well and there's just enough pre-intimacy,bt once d condom is introduced,it changes,and no matter wot,it stills chafe me. I hv had 2 stop my man right in d middle or drag myslf away cos I can't stand d pains. It is really frustrating him. The wierd thing is,I don't get chafed in absence of condom,but its a risk I can't continue taking. The lacerations most times,comes on its own. Bt it is inevitable durin intercourse. I really need help.

Then it is possible that you change the condom you use.I want to believe that you know that there various types of condoms suited for different interactions.
And if u're still single,I will advice u abstain completely from s3x.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by yemitosin(f): 5:06am On Aug 06, 2013
Thanks for your response. It was my gynaecologist. I had miscarriage in my first pregnance at 11 weeks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by RukkySuzy(f): 3:16pm On Aug 06, 2013
Thanks so much doc for ur advise. May d lord continue to bless u.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by esmeralda1(f): 3:51pm On Aug 06, 2013
Weldone doc, im 19wks preg and for 3 days now i av been feeling a sharp pain on the right side of my abdomen (lower part), when i want to poo or pee it aches even more, i av not complained to my doc as it just started n my next appointment is still 3wks away. Pls is there a cause for alarm cos i know there's the normal once-in-a-while pain in d lower abdomen before but this one is more than the usual pain i feel before.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Sleekbaby(f): 5:09pm On Aug 06, 2013
[quote author=marvis5077]I am not a DR.but have u heard about GREEN LIFE HEALTHCARE? It is a Chinese company that Produces varieties of herbal products. With their medical and sales executives here in Nigeria, u are sure of quality healthcare. Green Life herbal products are toxic free, with 96.4% success result provided its used as prescribed. These herbal products works like magic.I can attest to that.(for I was once in ur shoes before I learnt about Greenlife. It worked so well for me)send me a mail if interested.

Dear i am bt d problem nw z hw 2 gt ur e-mail addy, tnx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sumblee(f): 5:28pm On Aug 06, 2013
Thanks alot doc and God bless you. Its not actually disturbing me , its just that its open but if you say there's no probs then i would just let it be. Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by IFY124(f): 6:46pm On Aug 06, 2013
IFY124: Thank you doctor for this great job you are doing. God bless you. I am a 31 year old lady. I had my second baby in May last year through CS. I noticed that when my period started after my delivery up till now that my menstral flow lasts for 3 days now instead of its previous 5days and its very heavy now. Please what could be the cause?Please doctor, am still waiting for ur response. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tolbeem: 11:51pm On Aug 06, 2013
Thanks doc,for d comprehensive reply.I wasn't given any fertility drugs or supplements after d surgery since last year may,and yes I do av breast tenderness and slight increase in temp towards my period and I also noticed it takes 32days.firstly,what drugs shld I take now,and is it after or during d feelings of breast tenderness dat am ovulating and ready to mate or what?pls doc come to my aid.thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by onyinyechika: 12:12am On Aug 07, 2013
infogenius:
I am sorry I missed ur post so I didn't answer them when I made my earlier posts.
Answers to ur question in same order
1.Yes, but you do it again to be very sure.
2.Drink plenty of water, about 6 - 8 glasses everyday,use evening primose oil,there is this cough syrup called Robitussin that you can use too.Garlic also helps as it thins mucus in lungs and cervical fluid and eat grape fruits.Any one of them will do but whichever way you go drink plenty of water.
3.Yes,the yeast infections kills the sperm cell when they try to find their way up. If u want a permanent cure pls call me or shoot me a mail.
thanks doc, dts exactly what i want. a permanent cure. av repeated the tests severally an all came back negative.so i wonder why the saliva test turned positive.
av been taking evening primose oil and robitussin but have not experienced any changes.
pls can i have your E-mail address. God bless.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by phummyaji(f): 6:59am On Aug 07, 2013
Hi doctor I want to ask if this is normal..after putting to birth I saw my menstruation 6 weeks after birth then two weeks after the 6weeks and since then have not wic is over two months now .. I wan to knw if is normal or is there a drug I can take to regulate it back but am stil bosom feeding my 4month old baby....pls reply...tnx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 07, 2013
hi doc, please i need your help, i have been having itching in my private part, and my discharge is not looking good at all. The discharge is creamish,smelly and rough.infact 3 days ago that I put my finger in my womaniless to clean up,I was just bringing out rough discharge that looks like disolved drugs.i did swap test early may, and the result said i have staph aureus and bacterial albecans infection. The doctor place me on (Zinacef injection, which i took through my vein n buttocks, i even took Azithromycin tablet, fluconazole tablet)the infection did not go. I went to another lab to do the test, its still the same thing. Doctors in the house, please help me, am tired of this infection and me and my hubby are even trying to have another baby, but we cant because of this infection. pls help me cry
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chriskeme: 4:07pm On Aug 07, 2013
Gudevenin dr. I had abdominal pain very severe accompany with bleeding each time.was told to go for scan and transvaginal scan,and it concluded ascites,PID and ovarian mass after a weeks on antibiotics injection i was give cefuroxime axetil 4 next 5days..den d pain subside abit..dat was abt 1month ago am now experiencing bleeding blackish brown drops for 2weeks now,so was told to do urine m/c/s i had e_coli in urine.. I want 2knw if its d urinary infection causing the bleeding,been told to go for another scan at mecure,am currently breastfeeding my 13months old baby,was initially an enlarge ovary with ovarian cyst and was given zinat and primolut N den when the bleeding startd..before the 2nd scan said ascites,pid and ovarian cyst
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 07, 2013
Please a friend told me about swiss garde product, is their product good enough to treat this infection. DOCTORS please help me
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by lizzy95(f): 11:49pm On Aug 07, 2013
(please i copied and pasted this from my orginal question)
Hello i'm elizabeth by name, a
friend of mine told me about
nairaland so i'm here to
discuss soime of my issues
with u guys
I've come to notice that many
things are going wrong with
me for a long tym now like: i'm
having alot of problem with
FOCUSING on task long enough
to get them done, Inability to
notice small
details And paying ATTENTION
(especially when in school, my
lecturer can say a million
words and i will just hold my
pen sterring @ him, @ d end
of d class i will berely jote half
a page whn odas hv written
abt 4_5 pgs),Being easily
distracted when i am doing
smth by noises,people, etc
irrational procrastination (alot
of people hate me 4 dis),
Disorganization and
forgetfulness.
inability to stay on one
topic at a time when leading
discusion or stay
focused while others
speak...hmmmm further more i
always move around restlessly
at times (i.e i just can seem to
be seated in a place 4 lon), i
think i'm also impatient
because i find myself
Constantly interrupting
others....the most painful part
is that no MATTER how i
prepare b4 reading (sleeping/
resting 4 hours) i cant study
for long because my head gets
weary and saturated on time
i.e if @ all i pay any attension 2
it.....please i really need you
help on this matter...because it
makes me cry when ever i
think abt it...[NB i knw i'm nt
dull, because i have a gud
understanding when ever my
attension is active BUT i 4get
most things on tym (e.g i can
explain a STATISTICS (math)
problem to a person that is
lost beside me but in d
evening i will go n meet d
person to explain 2 me again)
2. I dont hv any boy friend
now so am nt distracted by
any guy but rather by
ANYTHING)...please it took me
virtually d whole of today to
write and type this message.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 07, 2013
lizzy95: (please i copied and pasted this from my orginal question)
Hello i'm elizabeth by name, a
friend of mine told me about
nairaland so i'm here to
discuss soime of my issues
with u guys
I've come to notice that many
things are going wrong with
me for a long tym now like: i'm
having alot of problem with
FOCUSING on task long enough
to get them done, Inability to
notice small
details And paying ATTENTION
(especially when in school, my
lecturer can say a million
words and i will just hold my
pen sterring @ him, @ d end
of d class i will berely jote half
a page whn odas hv written
abt 4_5 pgs),Being easily
distracted when i am doing
smth by noises,people, etc
irrational procrastination (alot
of people hate me 4 dis),
Disorganization and
forgetfulness.
inability to stay on one
topic at a time when leading
discusion or stay
focused while others
speak...hmmmm further more i
always move around restlessly
at times (i.e i just can seem to
be seated in a place 4 lon), i
think i'm also impatient
because i find myself
Constantly interrupting
others....the most painful part
is that no MATTER how i
prepare b4 reading (sleeping/
resting 4 hours) i cant study
for long because my head gets
weary and saturated on time
i.e if @ all i pay any attension 2
it.....please i really need you
help on this matter...because it
makes me cry when ever i
think abt it...[NB i knw i'm nt
dull, because i have a gud
understanding when ever my
attension is active BUT i 4get
most things on tym (e.g i can
explain a STATISTICS (math)
problem to a person that is
lost beside me but in d
evening i will go n meet d
person to explain 2 me again)
2. I dont hv any boy friend
now so am nt distracted by
any guy but rather by
ANYTHING)...please it took me
virtually d whole of today to
write and type this message.

I'm still a doctor in embryo but this looks like ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER (ADHD). You might need to see a psychologist. I think there are some drugs that could be prescribed. The ogas at the top would soon be here though! cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.