Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,853 members, 7,956,210 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:53 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (895514 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bibinwaka: 10:26am On Jul 08, 2013
[quote

author=infogenius]
Ovulation test is essentially to determine if during a particular you
ovulated.You can run such test at home using OPK or the saliva
test.Hormonal assay done on cd21 will be able to show if you ovulated
during the cycle.[/quote]

doc, gud mrning sir. pls how do i get d test kit. am ttc after havin
2kids. bt its takin tym though i waz once diagnsd of staph. its dis a
2nd cause, if yes, how do i get rid of it. thx. pls reply asap.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by SmashingM(f): 12:23pm On Jul 08, 2013
Good day Dr. Please need your help on understanding what this scan result means. I did a scan because I've been having irregular cycles and scanty periods. Here's the result;

TAS/TVS

The uterus is normal in size, 74mmLS x 37mmAP x 47mmTS, pear-shaped, anteverted and has a smooth regular outline. There are no myometrial masses.

The endometrial echo is 9mm thick.

The ovaries are unremarkable, RT 86mm3 and LT 82mm3. No adnexal mass and there's some minimal fluid collection in the POD.
CONCLUSION: Normal Pelvic Scan. Suggest hormonal Assay.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MarJuly(f): 4:04pm On Jul 09, 2013
Hello Doc, pls can opk detect my ovulation with HA result
LH: 47.8
FSH: 30
Proc: 19.1
Prog: 0.5.

MY Cd:
Apr (16-19) ie 29days cycle
May(15-18) ie 29days cycle
June(22-25) ie 38days cycle.

I did the OPk on the 6&8th of july and it was negative and am taking Vit C & Folic Acid. Cheers
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by NoQualms1(f): 8:52am On Jul 10, 2013
infogenius:
Ovulation test is essentially to determine if during a particular you ovulated.You can run such test at home using OPK or the saliva test.Hormonal assay done on cd21 will be able to show if you ovulated during the cycle.

Thank you doctor for the good job you are doing. God bless you.
Can one get the OPK in a pharmacy store in Nigeria? If yes, any suggestions on where to get it in Lagos? And how is the saliva test done? Thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Fvine: 8:57am On Jul 11, 2013
My CD 22 Test Result of a normal 30day Cycle of 4days Menstrual Flow.

LH: 14. Normal Range 4 - 20
FSH: 4. Normal Range 4 - 20
Prolactin: 24. Normal Range 5 - 25
Progesterone: 16. Normal Range 5 - 35.

Comment: Ovulatory

The Prolactin is on the high side of the normal range. Please kindly advise on what I can do for a better Prolactin Levels and generally overall. Thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mayblossom(f): 11:58am On Jul 11, 2013
Hello Doc,
Thanks for the good work you're doing on this thread. God will continue to bless you.
I'm really distressed. I'm a 6 months multigravidae with a 2year old daughter, whom I had via cs in Nigeria(she was breech). Now I've left the country.
I want to know what my delivery options are, if I'll be allowed to have a normal delivery (if there's no need for a cs) or if it must be a cs because I've had my first child thus. I would have discussed this with my doc, but I'm in a spanish speaking country and don't speak the lang yet, while my doc too doesn't speak eng. I usually go to the hosp with my husband, but he's against the idea of discussing this cos according to him, I shouldn't teach the doc his job(I'm not trying to). I just need answers. I know hospital policies differ from country to country. But what is it like in usa where you are? Will it be Compulsory cs or do I have normal delivery options? I just want to prepare my mind. Though I'd give anything to avoid another cs.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by lulukay(f): 10:01pm On Jul 15, 2013
Hi kathy..I need help I'm freaking out..my period only lasted for a day..I'm not pregnant I'm very young just 23..neva really had heavy flows max is 3days..we hav a history of early menopause in my family..I nid to know wats going on please..tnxx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tombeck: 4:39pm On Jul 16, 2013
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by FKBZ: 4:41pm On Jul 16, 2013
hello doc,

i have been wondering a lot about my period.although am ss,but i have never had very flow of blood b4. am just 22.

started my period wen i was 14 and since den till now i menstrurate but it always just droplets of blood,mostimes i dont use pad cos i feel its waste of time i use tissue instead because i know the flow would be very minimal.

please what could be wrong with me and what can i use to have a regular period.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by IFY124(f): 9:14pm On Jul 16, 2013
Thank you doctor for this great job you are doing. God bless you. I am a 31 year old lady. I had my second baby in May last year through CS. I noticed that when my period started after my delivery up till now that my menstral flow lasts for 3 days now instead of its previous 5days and its very heavy now. Please what could be the cause?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 17, 2013
hello doc, i am 36 yrs old and husband 45 yrs we have been ttc for 7 months now. have only been taking folic acid for 3 months now.my DH did test his sperm count was 6 million and have staph and i always have back pains after waking up in the morning. pls doc what drugs should we take for the staph and for the fertility
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Fvine: 9:55pm On Jul 17, 2013
Chyvia: hello doc, i am 36 yrs old and husband 45 yrs we have been ttc for 7 months now. have only been taking folic acid for 3 months now.my DH did test his sperm count was 6 million and have staph and i always have back pains after waking up in the morning. pls doc what drugs should we take for the staph and for the fertility
Dearie, am not a Dr but I just replied your post on the TTC thread with my experience on Staph and low Sperm Count, how me and my Dh are tackling this. No one can tell you the antibiotics to take for Staph without a lab test showing a list of Antibiotics that can be used in treatment and those that are resistant. I believe it is only in herbal drugs like Yoruba Agbo and the likes that they have general 'ago' for Staph. My DH took Manix with Liquid Peak milk for 40days and got a raise of 26million in his counts. He was also taking Vit E 400iu for 30days plus fuits too.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 18, 2013
@fvine tanks so much

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chifreke(f): 7:28pm On Jul 18, 2013
hello Kathy,
i have a disturbing problem..i need ur help. i have two miscarriages, one was september 2012 and the other was May 2013... since then i have been having cramping like labour pains and have been bleeding continously, though not heavy but always staining my pants..at a time last week i sneezed and a lump of blood droped and i bleed heavyly throughout the nyte..at a tym it will stop but when i become intimate wit my husband i will start bleeding again... am scared. pls help me power
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Julieni: 7:40pm On Jul 18, 2013
Hi doc,

A̶̲̥̅♏ kind of going crazy here, please help!

i couldn't get provera in M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ region as U̶̲̥̅̊ adviced, but i took clomid, is that ok?

Is there any other asides provera?

Lastly, M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ breast brings liquiid when i apply preasure pressing, and it has been like that since i took the depo provera shot....

A̶̲̥̅♏ kind of so worried abt the breast fluid, Ŋφτ̲̅ avin period Fø̲̣̣я̅ 4months no̝̊̅ώ and am really ttc...

Please help...please, Ǧ̩̥​ọ̥​d̶̲̥̅̊ bless you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ToyinOpa29: 6:31am On Jul 19, 2013
Good morninng Doc. Pls I'm desperately in need of an answer! I was delivered a baby boy through a C/section due to the presence of fibroid(s) 9weeks ago. Now the problem is in the last 5weeks I've bn having excruciating pain in ♏Ɣ stomach.i went back to d Doctor n he ran a scan on me n found out that there were fluid in ♏Ɣ stomach n i was places on some anti-biotics. A week later i was back 4 d same reason i was "cleaned" n blood began to flow though not so much 4 like a week! Just few days ago d pain came back again n grew worst thrrough out d night till this mornin as I'm typing this! Pls wht could be wrong with me! Pls Help me! ♏Ɣ baby needs ♏Ɣ optimum attention!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ayinkerom517: 6:37am On Jul 20, 2013
good morn doc. I am married for 1yr2mths. Immediately after my weddin I discovered I am pregnant but lost it 12wks. Since then I've been TTC. I noticed that my dh fluid flow out when he pour into me. Early this year my mc though regular would run for 6/7days and usually heavy the 2nd dayand start with a pinkish brown discharge. Though @ june cycle it was normal. Using an ovulation calc, I am to ovulate btw 14th and 19th but I did not see any sign of ovulation. Pls what do I do?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Mykikky: 9:01pm On Jul 20, 2013
Hello Dr.my husband and i went for fertility test and result showed that his sperm is 0.4 000 000million pls can it corrected.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:16am On Jul 22, 2013
Just want to know if its ok to keep having sex with a woman with 3months pregnancy?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Fvine: 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
Mykikky: Hello Dr.my husband and i went for fertility test and result showed that his sperm is 0.4 000 000million pls can it corrected.

Am not a Dr but from experience, the answer is Yes. He should be tested for infection as infections like Staph decrease Sperm Count. If he tests positive for any infection, it should be treated. Also Hormaonal Test can also be run to check if he has Low Testesterone and this can also be corrected if that be the case. If non of this is the case, a scan can also be done on his "you know what" to see if there is a blockage and whatever that is discovered will be corrected.

For now, he should take Vit E 400iu, Fruits for Vit C, reduce/stop alcohol, cigarrete,coffee and caffeine drinks. He can also look into this herbal drug/supplement sold in chemists/pharmacies "Manix". It works wonders for Sperm Count. He should also drink plenty of water.

You should also go for a HVS to check if you have an infection and if you do, treat this simultaneously with your husbadn and during infection treatment, you both should sleep together with con.dom to avoid re-infecting each other or moving the infection up and down if. Do not panic, its correctable and there are various options.

You can also visit the TTC Thread here on Nairaland Health Forum for more help and support if you haven't done that already. *hugs*
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by michealismenton: 6:04pm On Jul 22, 2013
doc plz hw do i get a vitex suppliment? My ovulation is normal bt my mc is ones every mont
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Mykikky: 8:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
@fvine tanx he dd d infection test 2 bt no infection.i was tinkin it cannt b corectd since its only 0;4 million its nt up 2 half a million when what is needed for conception is up 2 30million.tanx we will giv it a try.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Skrhema: 10:38pm On Jul 22, 2013
Dr. My fiancee suddenly discover lump in her breast and is over a month now, what can we do to known what is really in there? Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 23, 2013
Skrhema: Dr. My fiancee suddenly discover lump in her breast and is over a month now, what can we do to known what is really in there? Thanks

See a doctor ASAP!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Pink22(f): 6:49am On Jul 24, 2013
Dr, since i'll be seeing an ob/gynea with this results in a week time i believe u can also help me interpret it:
Hb-5.5g/dl
pcv-20%
wbc- 5.0x10/L
platlets- 131x10/L
Retics- 3.9%
ESR- 20
NEUT- 68
LYMPH- 31
MoNO -10
Eosino - 01
RBC:
Hypochromia
Anisocytosis
target cell
schitogytes

Wbc- normal
thromboste or slightly reduced on h/m ( hope i got this correct)
thanx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Julieni: 8:21pm On Jul 24, 2013
Julieni: Hi doc,

A̶̲̥̅♏ kind of going crazy here, please help!

i couldn't get provera in M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ region as U̶̲̥̅̊ adviced, but i took clomid, is that ok?

Is there any other asides provera?

Lastly, M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ breast brings liquiid when i apply preasure pressing, and it has been like that since i took the depo provera shot....

A̶̲̥̅♏ kind of so worried abt the breast fluid, Ŋφτ̲̅ avin period Fø̲̣̣я̅ 4months no̝̊̅ώ and am really ttc...

Please help...please, Ǧ̩̥​ọ̥​d̶̲̥̅̊ bless you.

Doc please, A̶̲̥̅♏ still waiting Fø̲̣̣я̅ answers on the above worries. Please help
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by wumicipm(f): 4:09pm On Jul 25, 2013
Good day doctor,

Have had abortions in the past and the last one was a miscarriage thou very early. The doctor did not evacuate claiming the foetus was still small dat it will come out by itself. After about a week, I wokeup with excruciating pain in my stomach and was giving antibiotics which I believed was not strong enough though the went went away. I got married about 3years ago though I was nt sexually active for almost a year. I discovered I was bleeding. Excessively in Jan 2012 and a scan showed I had uterine fibroid thou small I was advice to get pregnant but uptill now no pregnacy. I bleeded heavy for upto 2weeks at a stretch with cloted blood and pAins all over my body. Every where have bn to have bn advice to have the uterine fibroid removed but am scared. I also did HSG and discovered I had blocked tubes and the only way I can get pregnant is through IVF. Am planning on having the surgery as my hubby is scared of the bleeding. I need your advice please on the impact of the surgery and IVF. Have tried correcting the blocked tubes with fellopio and I guess it worked though have nt gone back for anoda HSG. Please I need an urgent answer!!! Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by EngrAbiodun: 3:00pm On Jul 26, 2013
Pls doctor,I am 22weeks pregnant and did ultrasound the say,bpd is 57m,foetal weight 0.6kg,foetal movement active ,fl 37m,placenta muturity I(one),placenta location anterior,ofd _ 108m,ttd -60m,aptd-53m,cephaticindex-53%,lie unstable,presentation- cephahi pls I need to mean of it because
Have not register for antenatal yet .
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Ennadear: 10:00pm On Jul 26, 2013
Good day!
Im 28 years old and been troubled with my problems. Im married but i wasnt been pregnant. Doctor my issues are Ive been menstruating 2x a month. I record my menstruation and it falls every 1st week and 3rd week of the month ranging from 4 to 7 days of menstruation. Im afraid to go for my gyne cause my mind keep telling me maybe have some critical problems. Thats why i wrote this . Im experiencing this for almost 2 yrs now.. Thanks a lot doctor. Pls help me im really troubled.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 27, 2013
Pink22: Dr, since i'll be seeing an ob/gynea with this results in a week time i believe u can also help me interpret it:
Hb-5.5g/dl
pcv-20%
wbc- 5.0x10/L
platlets- 131x10/L
Retics- 3.9%
ESR- 20
NEUT- 68
LYMPH- 31
MoNO -10
Eosino - 01
RBC:
Hypochromia
Anisocytosis
target cell
schitogytes

Wbc- normal
thromboste or slightly reduced on h/m ( hope i got this correct)
thanx
pink you need a doctor ASAP

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.