Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola (17510 Views)

SARAKI: Code of Conduct Tribunal Refuses Entry Of Journalists Into Its Premises / Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides / Pandemonium As Presidential Aircraft Lands On School Premises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by searchcorp(m): 9:58am On Sep 12, 2012
Seems like the Lagos State Government is planning on building more prisons in the state.

Pls try and put dstv in the prisons sha... Since some decent, hardworking people who don't seem to have time for beautification nor money for bail would soon be going there.

4 Likes

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by jhydebaba(m): 9:59am On Sep 12, 2012
Fashola is Working!!!
Lagosians are going to jail!!!
2015 is around the corner.

1 Like

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Afam4eva(m): 10:00am On Sep 12, 2012
Good Intention, bad timing.

3 Likes

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by MajeOfficial: 10:01am On Sep 12, 2012
Nigerians come to America and respect all of these laws.
You never see a Nigerian in american defecating on the road and urinating in a bush,
You never see them even throw waterproof on the ground.

but in their home country they'll defecate like wild animals outside. Pathetic. Lagos is only asking people to respect themselves
Someone asks you not to urinate outside like a dog and you call him a despot. Nigerians want their country to look like dubai but they want to keep acting like it's a jungle.

13 Likes

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by kosire(m): 10:02am On Sep 12, 2012
Good intention; excellent policy. a very big thumbs up to fashola.

3 Likes

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by noholdsbarred(m): 10:06am On Sep 12, 2012
As long as we have law enforcement agencies that are out to get the people no matter what-whether innocent or guilty, the law can never the enforced the right way. The government should spend money psycho-analysing some of those weed-smoking criminals called police, lastma or kai officers, so that we can have sane people who enforce the law not for selfish reasons. Can you imagine those lastma officers that blamed the death of their colleague on a woman that had committed another offence just because they had agreed among one another to do so. The same situation with our police-they pick up people randomly at night, only to be paraded as criminals in front of cameras with guns and ammunitions the next day. smh

2 Likes

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Afam4eva(m): 10:08am On Sep 12, 2012
All this laws will make that a huge chunk of Lagosians will end up in jail because these laws are not only alien but are not suitable for a country like Nigeria where basic social amenities are not readily available. I understand that the Fashola administration is trying to make Lagos work like cities like New York, London, Chicago, Tokyo and other first world cities, but they have to understand the quality of social amenities in Lagos compared to those other cities are embarassing. The quality of life here is ridiculous compared to those cities. The level of enlightenment is negatively astronomical. It's imperative that we take things one step at a time. This laws will only make more Lagosians to be in prison than in their homes. Though i commend Fashola's resolve to make Lagos a law....state.

3 Likes

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by kosire(m): 10:09am On Sep 12, 2012
WAI-WAR AGAINST INDISCIPLINE. NIGERIANS MUST LEARN HOW TO LIVE LIKE HUMAN BEINGS, WE ARE NOT ANIMALS, WE ARE HUMAN BEINGS. IF WE MUST LEARN THE HARD WAY, SO BE IT. IF GOING TO PRISON WILL MAKE US BETTER, THEN IT IS A GOOD MOVE IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. WE MUST HAVE TO CHANGE. "GOOD POLICY, EXCELLENT INTENTION"

1 Like

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 12, 2012
This man is fast becoming a lunatic, perhaps intoxicated by his executive powers as governor. I have since lost all regard for him. You can't just go about criminalising every ridiculous thing you deem fit. Not even in the heyday of Abacha's tyranny did we witness such reckless abuse of state power.

Smoking in my own car is now a criminal offence, refusing to wear an unhygenic and filthy public helmet when using an 'Okada' is now a criminal offence. Refusing to 'beautify' (by whose standards?) my own house is also now a criminal offence. Is this guy a bloody m0ron? I thought this oaf was supposed to be learned?

1 Like

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by noholdsbarred(m): 10:14am On Sep 12, 2012
searchcorp: Seems like the Lagos State Government is planning on building more prisons in the state.

Pls try and put dstv in the prisons sha... Since some decent, hardworking people who don't seem to have time for beautification nor money for bail would soon be going there.

Person neva get money put food for belle finish, na beautification come be priority?

1 Like

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 12, 2012
Then he should be ready to jail 3 million ppl in Ajegunle (ajay city) grin grin
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by PointB: 10:16am On Sep 12, 2012
Perhaps we should wait for Lag State government to define 'beautify'. One man's beautiful might just be Lagos State 'ugly'. Keeping fingers crossed!

1 Like

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by glimpse(f): 10:16am On Sep 12, 2012
sm pple compound go soon turn jungle... grin

1 Like

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 12, 2012
Excellent Policy. More jobs for gardeners and cleaners

1 Like

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by kosire(m): 10:19am On Sep 12, 2012
WAI-"WAR AGAINST INDISCIPLINE." NIGERIANS MUST LEARN HOW TO LIVE LIKE HUMAN BEINGS, WE ARE NOT ANIMALS, WE ARE HUMAN BEINGS. IF WE MUST LEARN THE HARD WAY FOR US TO BE GOOD,THEN LET IT FLOW. IF GOING TO JAIL WILL MAKE US BETTER PEOPLE, I ADVOCATE THAT MANY PRISON BE BUILT.WE MUST HAVE TO CHANGE. "GOOD POLICY, EXCELLENT INTENTION"

2 Likes

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by omodapson(m): 10:20am On Sep 12, 2012
Thumb up Fashie! At last, some sanity. We can't continue to live like swines, we deserve better environment.
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by ignis: 10:22am On Sep 12, 2012
Na everybody for lag go enter jail be that now
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Flakeey(f): 10:23am On Sep 12, 2012
CHESSBOARD: Then he should be ready to jail 3 million ppl in Ajegunle (ajay city) grin grin

hahahaha
Is it that bad
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 12, 2012
omayyi :
Furthermore, something needs to be done to curtail the population explosion in lagos. Something like visa requirement before u come to lagos. That place is too congested.

Best comment so far!!

50% of the people there shouldn't be there in the first place - something has to be done about the population... 50% of the people there should be taken to other parts of Nigeria, just spread them across the other states, and the allow the state to breath...
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Afam4eva(m): 10:29am On Sep 12, 2012
shymexx:

Best comment so far!!

50% of the people there shouldn't be there in the first place - something has to be done about the population... 50% of the people there should be taken to other parts of Nigeria, just spread them across the other states, and the allow the state to breath...
I also think something should be done to minimize the population of Lagos but it will be silly to introduce visas for someone to require a visa to enter a state in their own country. Do people from liverpool require a visa to enter London? I just think the FG should make deliberate efforts to decongest lagos by giving some other cities a similar status that was given to Lagos. If they do this, people will leave without being told.Everybody musn't be in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by born2boink(m): 10:32am On Sep 12, 2012
Crazy intention, stupid policy from useless government,dem no fit solve problem but they good to add to your problem. me, I dey go ask my Mama our village, dem born me for lagos no means say make i die for lagos prison untop of say I no kill, I no Bleep free toto and I no steal,na ordinary flower left wey villages they use to clean nyansh after poo for village wan send people to prison for lagos
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Afam4eva(m): 10:33am On Sep 12, 2012
born2fuck: Crazy intention, stupid policy from useless government,dem no fit solve problem but they good to add to your problem. me, I dey go ask my Mama our village, dem born me for lagos no means say make i die for lagos prison untop of say I no kill, I no Bleep free toto and I no steal,na ordinary flower left wey villages they use to clean nyansh after poo for village wan send people to prison for lagos
lol grin Vintage borntofvck
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 12, 2012
afam4eva:
I also think something should be done to minimize the population of Lagos but it will be silly to introduce visas for someone to require a visa to enter a state in their own country. Do people from liverpool require a visa to enter London? I just think the FG should make deliberate efforts to decongest lagos by giving some other cities a similar status that was given to Lagos. If they do this, people will leave without being told.Everybody musn't be in Lagos.

But you don't see people from Liverpool and other parts of the UK flocking in droves to London, it's the other way round - people are leaving London for other cities... Lagos is expensive, crowded, and almost inhabitable as it is - yet everyone and their mum stay moving there in their millions... If something isn't done, 50% of Nigeria will end up trying to live in the place... What's in Lagos, anyway??

Some of the other cities already have 'similar' status, but it seems people are just stuck in Lagos - maybe they need to change the name... Abuja is the capital, yet no one wants to live there.
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Afam4eva(m): 10:40am On Sep 12, 2012
shymexx:

But you don't see people from Liverpool and other parts of the UK flocking in droves to London, it's the other way round - people are leaving London for other cities... Lagos is expensive, crowded, and almost inhabitable as it is - yet everyone and their mum stay moving there in their millions... If something isn't done, 50% of Nigeria will end up trying to live in the place... What's in Lagos, anyway??

Some of the other cities already have 'similar' status, but it seems people are just stuck in Lagos - maybe they need to change the name... Abuja is the capital, yet no one wants to live there.
Abuja was not built for the middle class not to talk of the poor. There was a concerted and deliberate effort made by the government that moved the capital to keep away poor and middle class people from Abuja. So far, they've succeeded in doing that to a greater extent. lagos on the other hand is an all comers affair. Whether you're rich, middle-class, poor, beggar, designer, trader, web programmer, white, collar, blue collar, yellow collar, purple collar, agbero, kidnapper, rapistts etc. Lagos provides the opporutnity for everyone.

3 Likes

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by redsun(m): 10:41am On Sep 12, 2012
kosire: WAI-"WAR AGAINST INDISCIPLINE." NIGERIANS MUST LEARN HOW TO LIVE LIKE HUMAN BEINGS, WE ARE NOT ANIMALS, WE ARE HUMAN BEINGS. IF WE MUST LEARN THE HARD WAY FOR US TO BE GOOD,THEN LET IT FLOW. IF GOING TO JAIL WILL MAKE US BETTER PEOPLE, I ADVOCATE THAT MANY PRISON BE BUILT.WE MUST HAVE TO CHANGE. "GOOD POLICY, EXCELLENT INTENTION"

Very very untamed.I can see where Fashola is coming and somebody has to take the bull by the horn.

I dont like a stringently controlled system where the government controls everything the people does,but i don't like the one where people act like wild animals without an atom of common sense,either.
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by animari(f): 10:47am On Sep 12, 2012
Mister Fashola is on a mission! We need him in South Africa
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Kx: 10:47am On Sep 12, 2012
Are Lagos State govt laws applicable in Lagos Island where the houses are built without enough space for fence?

How about Okoko and those other environs, are they bound by these upscale highbrow city kind of laws?

Dem dey force person plant flowers and trees?

Why not start with laws banning potholes on the highways
Laws banning agberos at bus stops
Laws banning KAI officials from converting confiscated and impounded offenders goods?

3 Likes

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 12, 2012
afam4eva:
Abuja was not built for the middle class not to talk of the poor. There was a concerted and deliberate effort made by the government that moved the capital to keep away poor and middle class people from Abuja. So far, they've succeeded in doing that to a greater extent. lagos on the other hand is an all comers affair. Whether you're rich, middle-class, poor, beggar, designer, trader, web programmer, white, collar, blue collar, yellow collar, purple collar, agbero, kidnapper, rapistts etc. Lagos provides the opporutnity for everyone.

That's FCT, just like certain areas in Lagos are not for the poor... Abuja has satellite towns in its proximity, why can't people move there?? Almost everything in Lagos(and more) except the ports is in Abuja, and the satellite towns and neighbouring states are cheaper than Lagos and those places have easy access(in realtime with good roads) to the FCT... But everyone stays trooping to Lagos because of the hype..

No other city in the world has the same population explosion Lagos is experiencing, it's just too much - and the people are indirectly making life hard for themselves... The higher the demand, the higher the price you have to pay - hence why everything is so pricey in Lagos...

London provides opportunity for everyone and has things most other cities don't have, but you don't see people trooping there - because they make things happen wherever they live... The only people trooping to London are the immigrants... People can make things happen anywhere they live, and the internet has made it easy for everyone.
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Bawss1(m): 10:52am On Sep 12, 2012
shymexx:

I wouldn't exactly say no one wants to live in Abuja, that's another city that is witnessing a sharp increase in population and if things aren't handled properly there it may end up like Lagos.

Before the population of Lagos sees any reduction other cities and states have to be attractive enough to keep their indigenes from relocating. It is because of all the opportunities that Lagos holds that people keep flocking there.

3 Likes

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 12, 2012
Bawss1:
I wouldn't exactly say no one wants to live in Abuja, that's another city that is witnessing a sharp increase in population and if things aren't handled properly there it may end up like Lagos.

Before the population of Lagos sees any reduction other cities and states have to be attractive enough to keep their indigenes from relocating. It is because of all the opportunities that Lagos holds that people keep flocking there.

Not exactly the same with Lagos... The population of Abuja isn't even up to a million, while Lagos has almost doubled in the last 7-10 years... The population of Lagos should be about 15 million now, and it's like one of the smallest states in Nigeria(if not the smallest)... It's just too much...
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 12, 2012
Imagine BRF being a military administrator of lagos in a country ruled by the military! What would become of lagos state? Na quesion I ask o! embarassed
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Yornandrew: 11:00am On Sep 12, 2012
mega city project must be realised, enforced and attained, Eko oni baje oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bandits Break Into Islamiyya School In Katsina, Abduct Pupils, Teacher / COVID-19: PDP Says Buhari Offered No Solutions / Rural Sensitization For Peter Obi In Maiduguri, Borno State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.