Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola (17509 Views)

SARAKI: Code of Conduct Tribunal Refuses Entry Of Journalists Into Its Premises / Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides / Pandemonium As Presidential Aircraft Lands On School Premises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by MeGaStReEt: 12:15pm On Sep 12, 2012
bravo mr govano
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 12, 2012
jmaine:

Lol . .But the good news is that in Lagos, you rarely find the Anopheles spps who are vectors of the malaria causing pathogens . . .they ( Anopheles), are clearly minute in the scheme of things . . .

Relief huh !! grin
who told you that? Did you conduct a census to find out if the female anopheles mosquitos are rare? The male aedes mosquitoes(which causes yellow fever) are the rare types of mosquitos.the rate at which lagosians fall ill of malaria shows you that there are anopheles mosquitos everywhere.
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by free2ryhme: 12:23pm On Sep 12, 2012
doing the right thing in the wrong place

1 Like

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by manosteel(m): 12:25pm On Sep 12, 2012
By so doing, sanity will gradually return to Lagos. He should take it one step further by making it mandatory that all those corroded roofs that is giving Lagos a bad look be replaced with Aluminium roofs.
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Desola(f): 12:31pm On Sep 12, 2012
afam4eva:
I've been thinking about this for some time now. lagos is very smaall in land mass but has a huge population. Just imagine an earthquake or Hurricane(God forbid) in Lagos. Our best brains, human resources, infrastructures etc will be wasted. We have to decentralize and fast.

we, we, we. Who are these "we"? Abeg keep your we's to your okrika brodas jo. Na wen e dey sweet you go dey hear we. Awon ole, jegudujera. E jo o, iya egbe mo iye omo toun bi o. Awa infakstukshos. Oleeee!! barawo banza!!!
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Babaji111(m): 12:32pm On Sep 12, 2012
Then start paying beautification allowances to each and every household before enforcing the new law.

2 Likes

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by jmaine: 12:35pm On Sep 12, 2012
berem: who told you that? Did you conduct a census to find out if the female anopheles mosquitos are rare? The male aedes mosquitoes(which causes yellow fever) are the rare types of mosquitos.the rate at which lagosians fall ill of malaria shows you that there are anopheles mosquitos everywhere.

My dear, we have more of the Culex spps than Anopheles, i have a PHD colleague who goes hunting for Anopheles regularly but comes back empty . . .He even has to rely on alerts on where he can get them grin . .and am serious here. . .

Around Makoko/Iwaya with the largest population of Mosquitoes in Africa sorry Nigeria cheesy . . A population sampling will yield Culex 7/10 . .afterall . .the other 3 are capable of causing Malaria as well wink . . .

If we had enormous amount of Anopheles as we have Culex . . . . People like me who go for an average of 14 months without malaria won't boast of such . . .

Well back to the thread sweet . . . .
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Desola(f): 12:36pm On Sep 12, 2012
afam4eva:
I've been thinking about this for some time now. lagos is very smaall in land mass but has a huge population. Just imagine an earthquake or Hurricane(God forbid) in Lagos. Our best brains, human resources, infrastructures etc will be wasted. We have to decentralize and fast.

I wish that earthquake on your papaland fest. Oloshi, doomsayer. When it's not your land, how would you not wish ill upon it. Awon omo koniran jatijati.
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by emcaluv(m): 12:38pm On Sep 12, 2012
Na today?
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 12, 2012
jmaine:

My dear, we have more of the Culex spps than Anopheles, i have a PHD colleague who goes hunting for Anopheles regularly but comes back empty . . .He even has to rely on alerts on where he can get them grin . .and am serious here. . .

Around Makoko/Iwaya with the largest population of Mosquitoes in Africa sorry Nigeria cheesy . . A population sampling will yield Culex 7/10 . .afterall . .the other 3 are capable of causing Malaria as well wink . . .

If we had enormous amount of Anopheles as we have Culex . . . . People like me who go for an average of 14 months without malaria won't boast of such . . .

Well back to the thread sweet . . . .
tell that your friend to come to my area and collect anopheles mosquitoes as much as he wants.the thing yapa for my area.infact there is a breeding ground where he needs a trailer to carry them.lol! Anyway I haven't heard much about the culex. Good for you that you aint the malaria prone type.
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by john365: 12:47pm On Sep 12, 2012
omayyi :
Furthermore, something needs to be done to curtail the population explosion in lagos. Something like visa requirement before u come to lagos. That place is too congested.

LOL...if d congestion tire U, i believe ur village de scanty, go back there na.
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Nightshift(m): 12:49pm On Sep 12, 2012
Well, personally Lagos is synonymous with mosquitoes . It's census in that filthy city will shock experts . Seems the state govt care less about it....
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by destinedtee(m): 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2012
Although its a good intention but it should be carried out with diplomacy. smiley

1 Like

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by COOLDUN: 12:52pm On Sep 12, 2012
Your Excellency, your idea is very good and the intention very nice, but the problem is the people. Neatness leads to Godliness. There are houses and areas you cannot stay for an hour in Lagos without contacting a disease. Many houses have outlived their relevancies while the landlords are still taking the rents at the modern day’s house rents. Your Excellency I would like you to sign into a law for the landlords of the poorly constructed buildings in all the Lagos state to go into partnership with government, business men, co-operate bodies, local and foreign partners to construct high stories buildings in a well arranged form as we see in the western world, so that the city will be more beautiful and lesson the accommodation problems in Lagos. Thank you for your great visions and zeal to make a change in the country. You and Owelle Rochas A.Okorocha ‘s transformation agenda are the only visible and noticeable ones. God bless you guys for your sincere and laudable leaderships in your respective states.

1 Like

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by jmaine: 12:53pm On Sep 12, 2012
berem: tell that your friend to come to my area and collect anopheles mosquitoes as much as he wants.the thing yapa for my area.infact there is a breeding ground where he needs a trailer to carry them.lol! Anyway I haven't heard much about the culex. Good for you that you aint the malaria prone type.

Lol . . Which area be this abeg cos my guy don hunt tire cheesy.You might just be that breakthrough he desires in his research work cheesy . . .

Meanwhile, E fit be culex wey yapa soo . . .cos na small thing differentiate them from Anopheles appearance wise undecided . . .
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by 76Naira(m): 12:58pm On Sep 12, 2012
If you don't like the rules, go to "your own state".

Fly into Lagos and see how the outskirts look like shit.
We complain about the government not doing enough but how many homes in Lagos actually do their part?

Nigeria is inhabited & governed by Nigerians; neither of these is outsourced. Help fix the country or keep running abroad as second class in most cases.

1 Like

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by cstan(m): 12:59pm On Sep 12, 2012
good work Fashola....ride on boss!
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by prettyboi1(m): 1:17pm On Sep 12, 2012
I looove this Fashola guy & his government man. The guy is blllleeeeesseeed with the knowledge & ability of great leadership. Nigerians are very veeery undisciplined & the only thing that can work for us is the attachment of stringent punishments to laws. That's the only way Nigeria can move forward. God Bless Fashola. Amen. We need more leaders like him.
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by dont8(m): 1:19pm On Sep 12, 2012
What is beautification in this context- Painting of building, Cleaning the environment, Planting of flowers and trees?

They need to be specific please, else innocent lives will rot in jails, couple with our overzealous law enforcement officers.
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by dabossman(m): 1:22pm On Sep 12, 2012
pro01: This man is fast becoming a lunatic, perhaps intoxicated by his executive powers as governor. I have since lost all regard for him. You can't just go about criminalising every ridiculous thing you deem fit. Not even in the heyday of Abacha's tyranny did we witness such reckless abuse of state power.

Smoking in my own car is now a criminal offence, refusing to wear an unhygenic and filthy public helmet when using an 'Okada' is now a criminal offence. Refusing to 'beautify' (by whose standards?) my own house is also now a criminal offence. Is this guy a bloody m0ron? I thought this oaf was supposed to be learned?

Actually, he is learned. Anything can be criminalized if backed by the law. Even whistling in a public place can become a criminal offense if passed into law. Governor Fashola is actually using his knowledge of the legal practice and constitution to create laws through the state legislature to achieve his governments goals. He is acting within the law. Sorry!
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by haruna1970(m): 1:24pm On Sep 12, 2012
Not again! Too many laws in a short period.
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by prettyboi1(m): 1:25pm On Sep 12, 2012
Desola:

we, we, we. Who are these "we"? Abeg keep your we's to your okrika brodas jo. Na wen e dey sweet you go dey hear we. Awon ole, jegudujera. E jo o, iya egbe mo iye omo toun bi o. Awa infakstukshos. Oleeee!! barawo banza!!!

With all due respect, you're the dullest Nigerian I know.

1 Like

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by victorian(f): 1:26pm On Sep 12, 2012
why most people troop to Lagos, is due to buisness oportunities.. buisness abounds everywhere in lagos. take a look at d environment and figure out wat pple need most, and yur product will sell.. buisness wise, it pays to stay in lagos for some period of years.
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by calabaman(m): 1:27pm On Sep 12, 2012
So many rules n regs already in place, now this? fashola i hail thee. . .
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by dabossman(m): 1:34pm On Sep 12, 2012
I wonder what some people here are complaining about. Landlords are collecting from as little as N250k - to N800K or more in areas like Igando, Iyana Ipaja, Mushin, Agege, Isale Eko and so on for a 3-bedroom flat and they can't set aside some money to repaint and beautify their premises every 3-5years? Won't you want to live in a house that looks clean and presentable. Land developers are building estates all over the place with no drainage and basic road networks and we don't complain about that?

This same Fashola tried to put a law in place to get landlords to collect just a years rent and even tenants where saying it can never work. What is our problem. Let's get serious abeg. Abi suffer-head don enter our body so tey we no want better thing?
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by moshmusth(m): 1:40pm On Sep 12, 2012
Thss now become offensive to kiss your babe or admire another man babe in the public.. If u do so 6 month of madt sex in bed
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by onyx79(m): 1:52pm On Sep 12, 2012
Misguided laws from a loose cannon.Wrong priorities,wrong execution.
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Elueme: 1:57pm On Sep 12, 2012
A tyrant in the make.. Gross abuse of people's rights all in the name of social orderliness.. End results of over praising a propaganda..
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Clemzy16(m): 2:02pm On Sep 12, 2012
This is not a bad policy coming from the lagos state government. I've always thought of something like this, but can't but pounder how It's going to work. Esp in Nigeria. Whenever i watch foreign movies and see how beautiful there street are, fully decorated with flower. That alone is natures' welcoming. Knowing fully well that It's gonna help in reducing the rate of transpiration, and reduce the level of rainfall in a particular area. Which will also help to control flooding and erosion. Not to mention the few. Indeed, it is a welcome development for the people of lagos state. What they should do now is to create a platform where people can be enlightened about the effects and benefit of this policy. Which will also checkmate the number of people that might be prosecuted. Also, the lagos state government should assist in the whole process, because quite a number of people are not financially standard in executing this policy. And it would be a good thing if other state government emulate lagos. With that, I believe this will go a long way to build a better lagos and a better Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by drnoel: 2:03pm On Sep 12, 2012
IMAO! this is a Govenor Fashiola turned Gardner Fashiola grin grin. May God bless Lagos state and Nigeria.
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by dabossman(m): 2:05pm On Sep 12, 2012
onyx79: Misguided laws from a loose cannon.Wrong priorities,wrong execution.

And what would you suggest? We have already turned compulsory monthly sanitation exercise to Saturday football fiesta. So what's your own great advice?
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by mystikal(m): 2:06pm On Sep 12, 2012
its like that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bandits Break Into Islamiyya School In Katsina, Abduct Pupils, Teacher / ₦31 Million Stolen At Katsina Government House / COVID-19: PDP Says Buhari Offered No Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.