Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,698 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola (17513 Views)

SARAKI: Code of Conduct Tribunal Refuses Entry Of Journalists Into Its Premises / Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides / Pandemonium As Presidential Aircraft Lands On School Premises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by diesel86: 10:10am On Sep 13, 2012
JAIL, JAIL, JAIL .... What is it with Fashola and jail self, i would suggest that he should go and take up a job as a prison warden after this tenure.
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by warrior01: 10:35am On Sep 13, 2012
Baawaa: A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the quality of his actions and the integrity of his intent.Fashola,you are a leader!!
I hope you'll say this again when GEJ approves 100% fuel subsidy removal.
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by dabossman(m): 11:13am On Sep 13, 2012
It is now obvious why we have a poor maintenance culture in this country. It obviously starts from the home. A landlord refuses to properly maintain and give his premises and it's surroundings a regular face lift and nobody sees anything wrong with that. Even the tenant who is paying through his nose annually is quite content to live in near squalor. it doesn't really matter after all. We even carry the same practice to our work places. Company property and equipment is usually used with great disregard. You should see company drivers at work. They are worse than danfo drivers. The company can afford to replace it anyway, especially since no one ever owns up to being the cause of the damage. We even treat government property with greater disdain.

And then we wonder why government doesn't maintain civic and government facilities properly? We wonder why our roads are filled with potholes, why our national stadiums are falling apart, why NEPA, Nigerian Airways, Nigerian Railways and many more government utilities and services are dead or almost comatose.

It's because the average Nigerian will grouch about maintain and beautifying his own premises. Surely you don't expect him to change when he gets into government?

3 Likes

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Rossikk(m): 11:19am On Sep 13, 2012
Fashola has no shame it seems. This is the same Lagos where streets are built with open drainage and no pedestrian sidewalks, (except on major highways). People forced to walk along sand and jumping gutters here and there. Has Fashola never been abroad? Has he ever seen open gutter in his travels, or a street without a sidewalk or pavement? In this day and age? Why doesn't he start by FIRST ensuring that the streets are well constructed, before talking RUBBISH about peoples 'beautifying' their houses? Why should I bother 'beautifying' my 'premises' when my street is a mess?

1 Like

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by phantom(m): 12:10pm On Sep 13, 2012
Rossikk: Fashola has no shame it seems. This is the same Lagos where streets are built with open drainage and no pedestrian sidewalks, (except on major highways). People forced to walk along sand and jumping gutters here and there. Has Fashoila never been abroad? Has he ever seen open gutter in his travels, or a street without a sidewalk or pavement? Why doesn't he start by FIRST ensuring that the streets are well constructed, before talking RUBBISH about peoples 'beautifying' their houses? Why should I bother 'beautifying' my 'premises' when my street is a mess?

grin grin classic!
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by ruth42k3(f): 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2012
Biggyd2: This is no problem for people living in their beautiful houses in VI, Ikoyi, Lekki, etc. What about many in Mushin, Makoko, Oshodi, Adeniji etc? Where do most of the enforcers(the foot soldiers) of the law live? So long as it will apply to everyone, I have no problem, at all. N250,000 and the jail term! Bring it on Fashola. I will advise Lagos State to build more prisons though. With all the punitive laws made by the state, many people are going to go to jail because many of the people who this law will affect don't have money to pay the fine or even go to court.
lolzzzzz very true joo...
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by dabossman(m): 1:28pm On Sep 13, 2012
Rossikk: Fashola has no shame it seems. This is the same Lagos where streets are built with open drainage and no pedestrian sidewalks, (except on major highways). People forced to walk along sand and jumping gutters here and there. Has Fashoila never been abroad? Has he ever seen open gutter in his travels, or a street without a sidewalk or pavement? Why doesn't he start by FIRST ensuring that the streets are well constructed, before talking RUBBISH about peoples 'beautifying' their houses? Why should I bother 'beautifying' my 'premises' when my street is a mess?

Typical! Blame it on the government of the day. Did Fashola 'build' your street that has open drainage and no pedestrian sidewalk? or hasn't it been there for ages? is this this not the same Fashola administration that has repaired several roads in Surulere,Ikotun-Iyana Ipaja-Iyana Iba axis, Western Avenue, Idi-Araba, Shasha and so on and ensured that they have sidewalks and street lights? The same one that has built several bridges and pedestrian bridges and cleaned up Oshodi which none of us dared pass through before? The one who has consistently tried to give our derelict commercial city a facelift with green areas and parks?

And all they've asked us to do is play our own part as citizens by beautifying our own premises and we are grumbling. To whose benefit is it if your house looks presentable and well kept? You ask why you should bother beautifying your own premises? For the same reasons you take a bath everyday even though the government probably doesn't supply you water. For your own good.

2 Likes

Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by tpia5: 2:41pm On Sep 13, 2012
Why should I bother 'beautifying' my 'premises' when my street is a mess?

see them.
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by temidre1: 7:43pm On Sep 13, 2012
Pple need visa to stay in this lagos.kai!!!
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Rossikk(m): 7:58pm On Sep 13, 2012
dabossman:

Typical! Blame it on the government of the day. Did Fashola 'build' your street that has open drainage and no pedestrian sidewalk? or hasn't it been there for ages? is this this not the same Fashola administration that has repaired several roads in Surulere,Ikotun-Iyana Ipaja-Iyana Iba axis, Western Avenue, Idi-Araba, Shasha and so on and ensured that they have sidewalks and street lights? The same one that has built several bridges and pedestrian bridges and cleaned up Oshodi which none of us dared pass through before? The one who has consistently tried to give our derelict commercial city a facelift with green areas and parks?

And all they've asked us to do is play our own part as citizens by beautifying our own premises and we are grumbling. To whose benefit is it if your house looks presentable and well kept? You ask why you should bother beautifying your own premises? For the same reasons you take a bath everyday even though the government probably doesn't supply you water. For your own good.

You see, this is when when some of us talk, you'll think we're just blabbing. My brother, right now, the ONLY THING that should be preoccupying Fashola's mind as far as the urban environment of Lagos is concerned is THIS: Ensuring that our streets look like this (below)... Not just the major highways, but ALL streets EVERYWHERE. This is basic infrastructure. He needs to put in place an underground drainage system that can accommodate this urban convention. When he does this (and continued by his successors), no one will need to tell Lagosians to 'beautify' their own premises.

See how these people just made life easy for themselves:

See the way the street was built? No need for 'clean up day'. No need to clear any gutters, or clear up any sand. A designated, concrete space for pedestrians to walk.

You see, road building is not just about cars. There must by law be a requirement that pedestrians MUST have a designated walkway when building any urban road. That walkway must be free from impediments or parking. By law.

But when you're presiding over a city with a preponderance of THIS:

Then you know you have a lot of work to do as a govt that wants to be taken seriously.

and...it becomes ridiculous in the extreme - a slap in the face of the people - to demand that they ''beautify their premsies or [holy of holies] face jail''.
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by teyman: 4:01am On Sep 14, 2012
its a good thing though,lets see how de goverment will take action.talk is cheap/
Re: Beautify Your Premises Or Go To Jail – Fashola by Litmus: 11:58am On Sep 14, 2012
Rossikk:

See the way the street was built? No need for 'clean up day'. No need to clear any gutters, or clear up any sand. A designated, concrete space for pedestrians to walk.

These hard concrete pedestrian walks are probably the primary reasons so many in the West need hip-replacement. I believe they cause severe wear an tear in the human joints. We don't always have to follow blindly, we could learn to adapt things, having learned from their mistakes. What about turf covered pedestrian walks nee well executed grassy pedestrian walks?

Having stated that, i am in league with Rossikk. I would go further and pray for the governor to continue to hit the people with these developments. People were/are blind to the beauty and freedoms of Nigeria, preferring to see only negatives in everything and now Fashola has come to give them the Oyibo standards,which they craved and now they are howling. Remember, Nigeria was a hell-hole? Well, Fash has come to deliver Heaven-hole so enjoy and stop complaining.

The human is a creature driven by dissatisfaction and i have come to believe that God welcomes to heaven only those capable of satisfaction.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

JUST IN: Buhari Sets Targets For Incoming Ministers / Presidency Outlines Buhari’s Achievements / Aregbesola Orders Redeployment Of Prison Officers Who ‘Cannot Shoot To Kill’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.