Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,722 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:02 AM

Dos And Don'ts On A First Date - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dos And Don'ts On A First Date (18868 Views)

The DOS And DONTS On A First Date... / 10 To-dos For A Healthy Relationship In 2013 / Long Distance Relationship - Advice On Dos And Don'ts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 12, 2012
Dating can be a nervous experience for both men and women. What advise would you give to someone going on a first date?

1 Like

Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 12, 2012
Keep your hands to yourself.
angry

8 Likes

Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by cindyrella(f): 7:36am On Sep 12, 2012
Be yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by Sijo01(f): 7:40am On Sep 12, 2012
Don't ping!

1 Like

Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 12, 2012
Be modest
Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 12, 2012
AmBeautiful: Keep your hands to yourself.
angry
No handshakes?
Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 12, 2012
CFCfan:
No handshakes?

Why not?

What I meant is: no 'touchy-touchy' angry
Some guys will invite you for lunch or lunch date , you never even sit down for chair or order what you want but they have touched you tire. And if you convert all the 'touchy-touchy' angry to dollars, you are hitting $500,000 or more grin

The annoying part is that at the end, the guy can't even buy a decent lunch.
Even if he does, he would come to Nairaland to complain of 'all this Nigerian Girls' undecided

14 Likes

Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by dlex21(m): 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2012
AmBeautiful:

Why not?

What I meant is: no 'touchy-touchy' angry
Some guys will invite you for lunch or lunch date , you never even sit down for chair or order what you want but they have touched you tire. And if you convert all the 'touchy-touchy' angry to dollars, you are hitting $500,000 or more grin

The annoying part is that at the end, the guy can't even buy a decent lunch.
Even if he does, he would come to Nairaland to complain of 'all this Nigerian Girls' undecided
u are mos def speaking from experience

2 Likes

Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by omega25red(m): 3:28pm On Sep 12, 2012
1. have a plan that you discuss with your date before hand
2. bring your wallet (not necessary depending on what you planned)
3. be yourself. Dont be someone you aren't like over spending while you are broke or trying to over impress
4. keep it simple. dates are a chance to get to know each other so you would want to have casual convo that allows you to gather info without seeming like a stalker
5. restrict bodily function. Dont fart if you have to burp (belch) make sure you cover your mouth and dont eat with your mouth open
6. end the date by telling the truth. if you like her, let her know that you enjoyed the time together and you would like to see her again. if you hated her tell her you dont think it will work out and thank her for a pleasant date (dont promise that you would call if you hated her)
7. at the end of the date, if a girl
a. extends her hand to shake your hand = bad sign
b. gives you a hug while smiling = good sign

8. the good night kiss: this is the tricky part. you can always feel the chemistry of the date. Sometimes you can tell if she is feeling you so you should make sure you had a mint or gum before you try to plant one on her. easiest way to get a kiss at the end of the date is to ask.
say something like i'm so happy with this date and i was wondering if it would be ok if i kissed you. most of the time abou 7 out of 10 times (ok maybe 5 out of 10) she would say yes but if you had judged the night wrong she might say no. Then again some girls just don't have any contact on a first date so just ask to see her again.

23 Likes

Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 12, 2012
@ AmBeautiful and Omega25red: I agree with your points. People tend to bring out fake personalities during dates.
Even if its the girl that asked me out, I'll still bring my wallet in case of any 'unforeseen' circumstances. Kissing on the first date might seem to soon. Maybe doing so on subsequent dates would be more appropriate. Though E get as e be if a girl gives her date a ride grin

1 Like

Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by tpia5: 4:10pm On Sep 12, 2012
dont know!!

will be reading others' contributions.
Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by tpia5: 4:10pm On Sep 12, 2012
no goodnight kiss btw.

no kissing at all- its a first date for crying out loud.

just eat the darn food, make small talk and go siddon for park and watch the flowers or something.

Then deposit una selves for una parent's house.

5 Likes

Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 12, 2012
scheeeew who have time to waste angry angry angry

while she is eating, ask her may I nyash you? angry angry angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 12, 2012
@OP
it all depends on WHO that girl is, and what your intentions are/were when you approached her.
some women are approached for the only purpose of getting into their pants (and some women fully know it and use that as a way to get a free meal), and therefore such women should be handled just as what they truly are.

so no two dates should be evaluated the same and there is no need to treat a dog like a horse or a donkey like a lion, its disrespectful to the dog/donkey!

4 Likes

Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by pearlhapi(f): 6:00pm On Sep 12, 2012
Be confident,smart and not boring[how I hate timid pepo]crack jokes and make him or her laugh!I repeat don't be boring
Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by poyet(m): 6:00pm On Sep 12, 2012
Don't try to impress by speaking or using vocabs u are not sure of.

2 Likes

Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by Afam4eva(m): 6:04pm On Sep 12, 2012
AmBeautiful: Keep your hands to yourself.
angry
What do you mean by that?

For those of you that are into dating and stuff. I've always wondered if dates are like how it's painted in Hollywood movies, where the guy and lady will go out for dinner and then the guy walks the lady to her house and kisses her before saying goodbye. is the kissing part true. Won't the girl give the guy a dirty slap when he attempts to lock pis with the girl? Or do the guys say something "Pls bring your mouth, i want to kiss you".

2 Likes

Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 12, 2012
Make Eye-Contact
Making eye contact on a date is very important. It makes the other person feel important and that you are actually interested and paying attention to what he or she is saying.

Give Compliments
Be sure to give your date a nice compliment- whether it be on their hair, clothes, smile or whatever you personally notice. Giving compliments will show your date that you cared enough to take the time to observe the efforts they made in putting themselves together.

Laugh at His/Her Jokes whether is funny or not
whether you truly think your date’s jokes and sense of humor is actually funny, it is always polite to give a laugh. To laugh at his/her jokes and humor will show the appreciation you have for the efforts they made to make the date interesting. So give him/her a laugh, without being over the top or making it look fake or forced

11 Likes

Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by chii8(f): 6:08pm On Sep 12, 2012
Dnt chew foods wt mouth open n dnt ever allow those silly,annoyn,irritatn sounds come out of ya mouth while chewing tins

1 Like

Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 12, 2012
~vicky~:
Make Eye-Contact
Making eye contact on a date is very important. It makes the other person feel important and that you are actually interested and paying attention to what he or she is saying.

Give Compliments
Be sure to give your date a nice compliment- whether it be on their hair, clothes, smile or whatever you personally notice. Giving compliments will show your date that you cared enough to take the time to observe the efforts they made in putting themselves together.

Laugh at His/Her Jokes whether is funny or not
whether you truly think your date’s jokes and sense of humor is actually funny, it is always polite to give a laugh. To laugh at his/her jokes and humor will show the appreciation you have for the efforts they made to make the date interesting. So give him/her a laugh, without being over the top or making it look fake or forced

Seconded!

2 Likes

Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by toygod2: 6:13pm On Sep 12, 2012
REMEMBER TO COMB UR HAIR BFO U LEAVE UR HOUSE wink

2 Likes

Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by Sike(m): 6:16pm On Sep 12, 2012
Enough Said already!
Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by dammytosh: 6:16pm On Sep 12, 2012
BE YOURSELF. DON'T TRY TO BLOW YOUR TRUMPET OR IMPRESS.

1 Like

Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 12, 2012
don't be Late because It gives the impression that you do not respect your date’s time and that you are also someone that cannot be relied on

Nothing is ruder than talking on your cell phone during your date, or checking messaged constantly while on a date. It expresses only rudeness, but that you may also be bored and uninterested in your date, making him/her feel insecure and upset. So wait until the end of your date to check messages and if you must keep your cell-phone on and answer it, then keep your talk short and let the caller know that you are busy and will get back to them later.

2 Likes

Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by PaulJohn1: 6:25pm On Sep 12, 2012
Make sure you eat locus bean(iru) or fried fish before opening you mouth to alter a word, you don win already. The girl go too like you

3 Likes

Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by wandeay: 6:29pm On Sep 12, 2012
Dont ever talk about sexx!

3 Likes

Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 12, 2012
Paul John: Make sure you eat locus bean(iru) or fried fish before opening you mouth to alter a word, you don win already. The girl go too like you
grin grin grin grin
Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by millyville(f): 6:37pm On Sep 12, 2012
Evryone wil appreciate a real person. So jst b urself n avoid tellin lies simply becos u wnt 2 impress ur date
Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by 4reigningqueen: 6:39pm On Sep 12, 2012
dont keep looking at her breast eventhough you are tempted to .

4 Likes

Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by opetiti: 6:49pm On Sep 12, 2012
Na wao.all dis

1 Like

Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by pearlhapi(f): 6:53pm On Sep 12, 2012
4reigningqueen: dont keep looking at her breast eventhough you are tempted to .
dis part is very annoying and I wonder why guys do this•i can actually slap a guy for it

1 Like

Re: Dos And Don'ts On A First Date by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 12, 2012
Also learn to eat appropriately.

The way you eat in public matters.
Though some girls don't mind,but I hate guys that eat like garage touts,banging their cutlery,on the plate, chewing and breaking bones,spitting food from mouth, messing their eating area with crumbs of food, pinging& over talking while eating, licking fingers, and some other irritating ones I don't want to mention.

Many Nigerian guys have quite an irritating way of eating in public,from my observations which I normally do when I eat out.

Please eat& drink, but then mind ur manners.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Advises Men In Relationships To Stop Acting Single / 7 Signs You Are Ready For Marriage / Ladies Arrange Order Of Preferred Attributes In Men!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.