Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,761 members, 7,813,524 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya (43607 Views)

Innocence Of Muslims: The Controversial Movie Responsible For Recent Protests / Riots In North London 6th August 2011 Black Man Short Dead By Police! / Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by elliottibanga(m): 3:09pm On Sep 13, 2012
The thought patterns of those that fight, kill and destroy in the name of or in defence of their own interpretation of "God" borders on insanity!

If your god was really "God" (with all the required "Godly Attributes) why would he need or even desire mortal men to fight for him?

Any religion that responds to verbal, written or filmed criticism with violence, and then claims to be a religion of peace is not only suffering from a case of critical self delusion, but by its own actions, is showing its true nature.

Gbam! undecided

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Azumy(f): 3:09pm On Sep 13, 2012
highlandre: I'm a christian, but feel this so called movie is senseless and disrespectful of muslims. As much as I won't applaud the riotous activities of muslims particularly in the Arab nations after the release of this piece, I think Americans deserve some form of sanction/reprimand in constantly denigrating other people's religious belief.
sincerely i respect ur personality pple lyk u r rear!
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by KayDee4: 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2012
Sabogida: Excuse me House!!! Question Please:

Who says dis Sam guy dat produced d movie is a Xtian?
Are dere no other religions around the world apart from Xtianity and Islam?

These Islam brothers are just people full of hate,thirst for blood and highly condemn-able religious views!!!!

Xtian Brothers oo! We need to pray for dem as our dear Jesus Christ did for He's persecutors, and show dem the the true meaning of religion - LOVE!!!

My sincere condolences to the bereaved family..........

[size=13pt] He's been reported to be Jewish-Christian or Arab-Christian, but it doesn't really matter if he is atheistic or belongs to any other religion. People should learn not mock other people's religion and beliefs or at least leave them in peace. The movie was produced and being promoted in the US and hence the attacks on the American embassies. He knew what the reaction of the Muslim world would be and he was just being plain stu.pid. Now he's hiding in a hole, probably sipping champagne down there and innocent people have to pay the price for his foolishness and insensitivity. [/size]
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by sweetcheecks(f): 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2012
sdiq: HOW I WISH I CAN LAY MY HAND ON ONE XTIAN HE OR SHE WILL BE DEAD IN TEN SECONDS FOOLS

Go outside, maybe fresh air will change your mind if not you bound to run into one in Naija, but pray to the living God you might parish at his hand.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by debosky(m): 3:13pm On Sep 13, 2012
maclatunji:

OK, is it Islam's fault if some Muslims committed Murder? I am following your logic and wisdom here.

Kindly show how you can extricate Islam from Murders committed in defence of Mohammed - Islam's Prophet.

What is the connection between those who committed the murders and the movie other than Islam and Mohammed?

What justification was provided for Murders other than the 'defence' of Islam and Mohammed?

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Aifey(m): 3:14pm On Sep 13, 2012
America is so proud. Islam is peoples religion n so it deserves respect. They caused war in iraq, libya, egypt nw syria next is iran. After they will paint us black.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by lordmassac(m): 3:14pm On Sep 13, 2012
"well, it serves America right for
giving guns to those imbe.ciles to force Ghaddafi
out..."

As for me, I will rather say the libyans (gadaffis faithfuls) sees it as a chance to draw some blood from America for killing their former leader... Just my own thinking.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Leemak: 3:16pm On Sep 13, 2012
oradee:

Christians condemn the film but was the film produced by a[b] Christian[/b]? and have the muslims behind their laptops and phones comdemned the killing?

look eh,islamic killings cannot be justified ok, whether its bone by Boko boys in Nigeria or done internationally.
.....e b like say u can reason to some xtent apart from other unreasonable christians here, pls can u tell me d reason y international christian organisations condemned d film? is because they vehemently know dt dis Jews want to cause trouble between muslims and christians...ok, let me ask u dis again, how many Jews are living in all these Arab countries? pls find answer to dis and continue to reason in a reasonable manners, im not saying as a muslim i want u to defend me but i want u to look at dt situation objectively.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Azumy(f): 3:17pm On Sep 13, 2012
Leemak: @ all Islam haters: d truth is very bitter particularly for u dis slowpoke nigerian christians, look until there is respect for every religion from other religions dt d world will gain peace...even d heads of abroad christian organisations outrightly reject and condemned d film, u dis murafucker christian here in nigeria are just vomitting rubbish, go to Arab countries and protest.....'Islam our pride, their fear'
abiooo
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by sharpman1(m): 3:19pm On Sep 13, 2012
shymexx:

Yo, who the fvck are you? Are you stupid, or something?? If your IQ wasn't lower than that of a worm(the dumbest animal on this planet) - you won't have quoted me and posted the dumbest and most ret.arded comment ever in cyberspace..

Why are some Nigerians so stupid and dumb?? Your brain should be fed to scavengers, you consummate ret.ard..

I see......u don't seem to be alright. Sorry child!!! Don't forget to use your medications next time.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by maasoap(m): 3:20pm On Sep 13, 2012
Why would somebody put 5million US dollars to produce a movie with intent to hurt feeling of people of "other religion" when this same amount of money could easily make impact through charity activities? If Islam and Muslims are known to be violent, why provoking them? To make a point, I got it. But do you disturb a sleeping dog just to prove that dogs easily bite at a slightest provocation? When are we going to start respecting people's feelings, faith and believe? I hope the producer and the sponsors of the said movie knew that US ambassador would pay an ultimate price for their insensitivity. It is just a pity that the ambassador died in vain. Yes, he died in vain because there is no national figure or leader in Libya at the moment that will pay the price neither there is anything left to invade. The business and relationship between US and Libya will continue as if nothing really happened, this was confirmed by Clinton. US have no choice. And why nobody blames the man who felt that insulting people's faith and believe is really part of freedom of expression? Oh, I forgot, it has to do with Islam.

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by sweetcheecks(f): 3:21pm On Sep 13, 2012
sdiq: Bleep NL, Bleep SEUN THE OWNER, AND ALL THE STUPID PEOPLE WHO CONDEM ISLAM. AS FOR U SEUN I DONT CARE IF U BAN ME IF U CAN BAN GARRI STUFF AND U CANT BAN DOES SAYING RUBBISH ABOUT ISLAM THEN U ARE A FOOL LIKE THEM

Mmmhh, and you are

ANGRY - EST. suuger water helps to calm one doown. SOOORRRRY!
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by oradee: 3:23pm On Sep 13, 2012
Azumy: sincerely i respect ur personality pple lyk u r rear!

Your funny o...did ur blood boil when Boko haram killed innocent lives in Nigeria (both Christians and other wise)?

Your defending ur "muslim brothers' and ur 'religion" cos done internationally?

Its obvious from the history of this thread that any killing done by a Muslim is Right and the victim being killed is wrong..
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by ademlabi(m): 3:23pm On Sep 13, 2012
I am not supporting the Libya attack that took the lives of the Ambassador. There is a huge difference between Islam and Christianity. Why should someone come from no where and use Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) as an advocate. No one has the right to potray a religion negatively. A good muslim will never do such a thing, like making a negative film about Jesus, Isa (Asaw) because they believe in him.

Therefore, You people here should stop making stupid statement about Islam and Muslims. Muslims dont often make negative statement about Christians. Why whould someone burn the holy book Quran for the sake of making a film, it looks like he has this strong hatred for Islam. Good muslims love Christians. Shikena.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Raxz(m): 3:23pm On Sep 13, 2012
And who told u Christian do call JESUS God, he is nt God but the son of God whom ws send to redeem mankind, pls note that ok
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by AMvanquish: 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2012
I can undastand why so much of you hate muslims and islam. You sit behind your computers and spit so much hate. If you really hate it, why not go out piblicly and express how you really feel instead of spewing it here. im sure in your daily interactions most of you come across muslims, please next time you meet them; express how you really feel. I dont support violence of any sort but why should a numb skull put out such an insensitive video. If jesus christ was potrayed in such manner which has never been done would you all keep quite. Salman rushdie wrote a book like that in the 1990's, the danish newspaper editor took his share too, terry jones almost nicked it too, and now this. Extremists would always look for scape goats to vent their anger on, can you blame them. As long as the rubbish videos and hate acts keep coming, these extremists would retaliate on what or whoever they can lay their hands on. its unfortunate how a significant few can give billions of believers a bad name. I know my faith well and my beloved prophet had so much prosecution in his time, all this hate for muslims is childs play compared to what he went through in his time. So please keep on expressing the hate and hypocripsy. Well, its behind a computer. Who cares undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by milliams(m): 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2012
TO THE WHOLE HOUSE:
See, until we start seeing these Americans as the real terrorist, the world won't be at PEACE. They preach democracy to the world as a way of life and the world accepted it, which is all about right, respect and justice for all. And everybody is happy.

However, these same Americans go behind to infringe on thier neighbours' right while to them, Americans' justice look the other because they believe na only them wan make foriegn currencies. Honestly, I am not a muslim but we need to respect each other for the world to be at peace.

I want to believe that american movie industry "HOLLYWOOD" as they called would have reviewed and screened this same movie before approving. Religion movies are very sensitivity one. I have never seen An Arabian defying JESUS CHRIST AS THIS , AS THAT. But it is always these Israel, be it American-israel or what have that are always lookin for Wahala.

HOLLYWOOD should share in the blame. May God the soul of Ambassedor Chris rest in peace. " WHAT A PRICE TO PAY?! sad

....ONCE YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR NEIGNBOUR DON'T LIKE AND YOU RESPECT IT, THERE WON'T BE ANY FIGHT....
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by olasesi(m): 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2012
..........And even reasonable people know that you can't judge a group of people from the action of a few.......
.........But how many are reasonable nowadays.(SMH)........

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Classicalman(m): 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2012
kheart: and when ll u people (xtians) stick ur insults to jesus alone (whom u claim to be ur god).
And if you muslims believe muhammad was neither a pedophile or womaniser, why don't you prove it, instead of reverting to violence. Is the movie producer not a jew? What now makes him a christian?

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2012
sharp man:

I see......u don't seem to be alright. Sorry child!!! Don't forget to use your medications next time.

I initially thought you were the reincarnation of the great Tracy Chapman, till I checked your profile and found out you're a ret.ard who lives in Nigeria, sharp man... Listen, when I talk about international politics, you listen, ok?? And you only talk when I ask you to talk, you unexposed hillbilly...

Go get a cold shower, it seems the sun has roasted your brain cells, kiddo...
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by oradee: 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2012
Kay-Dee:

[size=13pt] He's been reported to be Jewish-Christian or Arab-Christian, but it doesn't really matter if he is atheistic or belongs to any other religion. People should learn not mock other people's religion and beliefs or at least leave them in peace. The movie was produced and being promoted in the US and hence the attacks on the American embassies. He knew what the reaction of the Muslim world would be and he was just being plain stu.pid. Now he's hiding in a hole, probably sipping champagne down there and innocent people have to pay the price for his foolishness and insensitivity. [/size]

so if i get my hands on the movie,i shld expect to get killed for watching it? and the marketers and importers shld be killed too?
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by pingo(m): 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2012
Can anyone tell me how many people was killed when the movie DaVinci Code was made?
If none, Why should Blood sucking, evil minded sects kill the innocence. I pray their eyes be opened and they see what their so called mathyr are going through after death. They can kill but will neva win.

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by sweetcheecks(f): 3:27pm On Sep 13, 2012
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by oluMyderz(m): 3:28pm On Sep 13, 2012
Alaafia l‘oro:

Typical comment of an al.qaeda member! Weldone,bro!!
mtcheeww mad goat!
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 13, 2012
shymexx:

.......and who gave them the weapons to kill those people?? And were those people not the same people who manipulated them into destroying their own country and taking Libya 50 years back??

Manipulated ke? Dude u really need a history lesson.
People even complained of america not taking part in the civil war in libya. To u moving forward is going backwards.
I truelly wonder when u will start thinking.
And from what see its like u support the dictatorship and oppression of ur muslim leaders.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by oradee: 3:32pm On Sep 13, 2012
Leemak: .....e b like say u can reason to some xtent apart from other unreasonable christians here, pls can u tell me d reason y international christian organisations condemned d film? is because they vehemently know dt dis Jews want to cause trouble between muslims and christians...ok, let me ask u dis again, how many Jews are living in all these Arab countries? pls find answer to dis and continue to reason in a reasonable manners, im not saying as a muslim i want u to defend me but i want u to look at dt situation objectively.

International Christian Organisations have and wld condemn the movie cos no one permits slander and they want the public to know they have no hand in the movies production whatsoever.
Now has any international Muslim organisation (including those on NL) condemned the killing or are they still justifying it?
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Mustay(m): 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2012
"I find it hard to believe this is all over a dumb "movie" which certainly doesn't look like a $five mill to make. and the movie came out of nowhere, and all of a sudden they all saw it? There's more to this" - Political Prisoner
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by turnstoner(m): 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2012
Azumy: abiooo
The resort to violence at every perceived insult (verbal, cartoon, video etc). Is it sustainable? Does it portray Islam in the best light?.The fact that the reactions are often spontaneous and not organised tells me that the perpetrators are usually a fringe section of the Islamic societies were this violence occurs. Consider the fact that the Libyan Govt has apologised to Americans. I do not think that this acts are defensible.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by kaeto(m): 3:34pm On Sep 13, 2012
If allah truely exists, let him show the hell up, so I beat sh.it off him and circumcise him this last time with a blunt spade, figure?

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by oluMyderz(m): 3:34pm On Sep 13, 2012
hbrednic:

the marines are on the way to benghazi,you can meet them there to show your bravery,
one strike,hundreds will be quite forever.only a fool calls for a battle he can never win.
i dey wait u make we go 2geda . F0o1.ish american slave!
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by sharpman1(m): 3:36pm On Sep 13, 2012
shymexx:

I initially thought you were the reincarnation of the great Tracy Chapman, till I checked your profile and found out you're a ret.ard who lives in Nigeria, sharp man... Listen, when I talk about international politics, you listen, ok?? And you only talk when I ask you to talk, you unexposed hillbilly...

Go get a cold shower, it seems the sun has roasted your brain cells, kiddo...

Guy....you are a M.O.R.O.N. (Sharp man & Chapman)

You even had time to check my profile. What do you know about international politics? and what has that got to do with living in or out of Nigeria? You are certainly demented. Ode osi.

You might want to respond to this....I've got plenty of time.

2 Likes

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by skidos4u(m): 3:37pm On Sep 13, 2012
if i were a muslim, i wld ve renounce my religion. i fel muslims al over d world are having inferiority complex dat is y d fel killn is jst d only way der can b heard. wit al due rpect 2 d yoruba muslims though am nt a yoruba person bt ve deep rspect 4 dem whn it has 2 do wit religious tolerance. if i was nt havin yoruba muslims as frnds, i 4 sey muslims re barberians.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Gabriel Attal Becomes France's Youngest And First Openly Gay Prime Minister / Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes / Jihadists Kill Male Christians In Niger Republic Towns, Women Flee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.