Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya (43615 Views)

Innocence Of Muslims: The Controversial Movie Responsible For Recent Protests / Riots In North London 6th August 2011 Black Man Short Dead By Police! / Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by oluMyderz(m): 3:38pm On Sep 13, 2012
AMvanquish: I can undastand why so much of you hate muslims and islam. You sit behind your computers and spit so much hate. If you really hate it, why not go out piblicly and express how you really feel instead of spewing it here. im sure in your daily interactions most of you come across muslims, please next time you meet them; express how you really feel. I dont support violence of any sort but why should a numb skull put out such an insensitive video. If jesus christ was potrayed in such manner which has never been done would you all keep quite. Salman rushdie wrote a book like that in the 1990's, the danish newspaper editor took his share too, terry jones almost nicked it too, and now this. Extremists would always look for scape goats to vent their anger on, can you blame them. As long as the rubbish videos and hate acts keep coming, these extremists would retaliate on what or whoever they can lay their hands on. its unfortunate how a significant few can give billions of believers a bad name. I know my faith well and my beloved prophet had so much prosecution in his time, all this hate for muslims is childs play compared to what he went through in his time. So please keep on expressing the hate and hypocripsy. Well, its behind a computer. Who cares undecided

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by abdulkayus(m): 3:38pm On Sep 13, 2012
As a good muslims i condem d killin of d US ambassador and i knw millions of muslims will condem it also cos d US ambassador is innocent and even d Holy Prophet dat we are defendin condem d killin of innocent ones. Bt ppl shld knw dat we muslims love d holy prophet more dan anytin else except God, so tryin to slander him affect us emotionally. If some1 slap, beat or molest ur galfrnd in ur front wen she is innocent, wil u jus stand and be watchin? NO, even if u can beat him/her, u wil shw ur displeasure at dat tym. D only problem is dat some too emotional or xtremists take law into their hand and cause havoc. The intent of d producer is too shw muslims as violent ppl and some ppl has play into his hand. Y nt jus protest peacefully, and boyco America product if dey dont take actions against d coward ediots dat produce and promote d movie. Freedom of speech stop wen it encroach into ppl domain.
Sincerely, i condem d killin of d innocent one and d movie also. Islam is a religion of peace, take it or leave it bt some muslims are nt helpin matter.
CIAO
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Classicalman(m): 3:39pm On Sep 13, 2012
Babaji111: May Allah continue to guide and protect His only religion, ISLAM (the religion of Adam, Solomon, Moses, Noah, Abraham,Ismael, Jesus, etc).
So it's not enough that you muslims copied the bible to come up with your Koran, you alsonow claim all the above named as muslims? Better forsake that cult and embrace the true light of being a born again in Christ.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by oradee: 3:40pm On Sep 13, 2012
AMvanquish: I can undastand why so much of you hate muslims and islam. You sit behind your computers and spit so much hate. If you really hate it, why not go out piblicly and express how you really feel instead of spewing it here. im sure in your daily interactions most of you come across muslims, please next time you meet them; express how you really feel. I dont support violence of any sort but why should a numb skull put out such an insensitive video. If jesus christ was potrayed in such manner which has never been done would you all keep quite. Salman rushdie wrote a book like that in the 1990's, the danish newspaper editor took his share too, terry jones almost nicked it too, and now this. Extremists would always look for scape goats to vent their anger on, can you blame them. As long as the rubbish videos and hate acts keep coming, these extremists would retaliate on what or whoever they can lay their hands on. its unfortunate how a significant few can give billions of believers a bad name. I know my faith well and my beloved prophet had so much prosecution in his time, all this hate for muslims is childs play compared to what he went through in his time. So please keep on expressing the hate and hypocripsy. Well, its behind a computer. Who cares undecided

Hate? did u say hate?
and which religion is trying to convert Nigeria to their mode of worship?
and has even gone to the point of shedding blood?
The proverb of a log in one's eye is truly true...
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by sharpman1(m): 3:40pm On Sep 13, 2012
inurmind: @shymexx

.......and who gave them the weapons to kill those people?? And were those people not the same people who manipulated them into destroying their own country and taking Libya 50 years back??

Manipulated ke? Dude u really need a history lesson.
People even complained of america not taking part in the civil war in libya. To u moving forward is going backwards.
I truelly wonder when u will start thinking.
And from what see its like u support the dictatorship and oppression of ur muslim leaders.

It's clear that shymexx does not have the ability think.

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 13, 2012
Islam! bloody bloody, bloody religion! angry angry

Always searching for the slightest excuse to shed blood! their taste for blood surpasses that of a vampire!

the so-called poorly scripted amateurish movie looks more like what someone put up with the sole aim of being mischievous. its obviously not a Hollywood production, the actors are so amateurish, none of the faces are on any Hollywood films nor have any of them been seen by any actor in Hollywood. The filming is sooo amateurish that every right thinking person will see it for what it is - TRASH!

Even the so-called producer is not known to have produced any movie in recorded history!

Putting into consideration the issue of how fast the movie was translated into Arabic, how are we sure this film was not made by Al-qaider or any of the numerous Muslim terrorist groups for the sole purpose of using it as a reason to attack the west undecided undecided

after all, every right thinking person knows how sensitive and volatile the Muslims are when it comes to matters concerning their religion [some part of the movie "2012" was edited out simply because the producers felt it will enrage the Muslims]!

I am scared of only two things - snakes and Muslims! i get so terrified and alert anytime i hear their call for prayers - it always sound like a call to arms!embarassed embarassed

3 Likes

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 13, 2012
inurmind:
Manipulated ke? Dude u really need a history lesson.
People even complained of america not taking part in the civil war in libya. To u moving forward is going backwards.
I truelly wonder when u will start thinking.
And from what see its like u support the dictatorship and oppression of ur muslim leaders.

I don't want to derail the topic, but why are you simpletons quoting me?

Let me help you use your brain cells and not repeat the crap you saw on TV..

Who owns the cruise missiles that were used to destroy Libya's air defense system?

Who owns the Apache helicopters used during the Libyan intervention?

Who owns the air craft carriers used for surveillance and logistics?

Who owns the drones use throughout the Libyan thing?

Didn't an American F16 crash in Benghazi at the start of the intervention?

Who was in charge of the NATO command during the Libyan intervention??

Answer those questions by yourself and meditate - don't derail the thread..
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by maclatunji: 3:43pm On Sep 13, 2012
debosky:

What a load of tosh - so picking Dubai (an exception) excuses the preponderant violence and mindless killings that dominate the Muslim world?

I wonder who was re-inforcing what when Muslims stoopdily went on a rampage in NIGERIA, killing innocent NIGERIANS to protest a Danish cartoon?

How much has been done to 'denigrate' Jesus in the Western Media? How many people get killed because of that daily?

I will never paint Muslims with a broad brush, but it will amount to the greatest form of self deception not to recognise the VIOLENT response of Muslims to any alleged criticism of their prophet.

It has been said that actions speak louder than words - the ACTIONS of Muslims is to resort to killing people each time someone says something they don't like about Mo.

Ha! My analytical friend is here. Why is Dubai "an exception" in your opinion? Of course, there are other places I can mention, but that's beside the point. Yes Muslims in Northern Nigeria have been violent but it is also a well-established fact that Muslims from other tribes who maybe even more knowledgeable about Islam than their murderers are killed in such cases. That would tell anybody with insight that such violence is not based on Islam ditto for the Arab world. Many Arabs have a deep-seated resentment against America in particular and protests like this are Channels they use in venting such anger. Islam is just the cover as its teachings are against such.

If Christians were subjects of systemic oppression and imperialism, you would find them ready to kill for Jesus. Go to Southern Kaduna if in doubt.

Mention the most troubled Muslim countries today, you find Non-Muslims deeply involved from behind the scenes- why?

As for your "brush", tell someone who cares about it.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by TerryCarr(m): 3:43pm On Sep 13, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
America and their disrespect for other ppl's religion, culture, etc.

Very crappy movie. More like a home video.
freedom of speech
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Eneze1(f): 3:43pm On Sep 13, 2012
paris10: Hundreds of brainwashed Muslims will start defending this heinous and devilish act on this forum now. There's nothing moral about killing of people for religious sake.

Ok, accepted, the Movie shouldn't have been made in the first place, but why not criticize or even ask for apology from the producer? Or don't we still have virgins in the world anymore that you so crave for that 70 virgins which your Allah promised you?

Religion is a cankerworm, not worth it. It makes you blind and deprive you of that true love that bond us together as people. It is a better to be an atheist than join a religion where killing is justified.

American embassy in Yemen is currently on attack. There's something missing and wrong with this sect. Can't Islam sort thing out by way of dialogue rather than violence?
I dont know y they cant sort their grieviances by dialogue o, this waste of human life in the name of fighting for religion is not worth it, God is not a man who anybody should fight for,He is God and he can fight for himself. PERIOD
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by sweetcheecks(f): 3:44pm On Sep 13, 2012
shymexx:

.....and do the thousands of Libyans who died from Nato bombs also deserve to die??

Let me take you back to last year; I saw a video of thousands of black Libyan men from Tawergha in a convoy, heading towards Misrata to defend their city - but what happened?? NATO bombed every single one of them from the sky - and Islamists from Misrata cleansed their city - men, women, and children were massacred for being black, under NATO's supervision... Today, Tawergha(a city of 20,000 black Libyans)
is a ghost town...

OK
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Adematic(m): 3:45pm On Sep 13, 2012
I dnt disagree wt isam nd muslim bt lets check www.answering-islam.org or www.islam-watch.org to hear frm xpert
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by AMvanquish: 3:45pm On Sep 13, 2012
oradee:

Hate? did u say hate?
and which religion is trying to convert Nigeria to their mode of worship?
and has even gone to the point of shedding blood?
The proverb of a log in one's eye is truly true...

Come clean! Which religion is that?
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by sweetcheecks(f): 3:45pm On Sep 13, 2012
shymexx:

.....and do the thousands of Libyans who died from Nato bombs also deserve to die??

Let me take you back to last year; I saw a video of thousands of black Libyan men from Tawergha in a convoy, heading towards Misrata to defend their city - but what happened?? NATO bombed every single one of them from the sky - and Islamists from Misrata cleansed their city - men, women, and children were massacred for being black, under NATO's supervision... Today, Tawergha(a city of 20,000 black Libyans)
is a ghost town...

OK, get your point but can we not use Mohammed to fight NATO? Thats corwardice!!! And creates confusion.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by mathskill: 3:46pm On Sep 13, 2012

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by tope24(m): 3:47pm On Sep 13, 2012
american rock band greenday in their album American idiot< had a track titled Jesus of suburban, they named another album "bullet in the bible". Dan brown in his book Da vinci code called, portrayed Jesus as gay, no form of violence was recorded as to this events. i pray that God will open their eyes that they may understand the truth.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by ginnyluv(f): 3:48pm On Sep 13, 2012
crappy movie, from a nimrod producer, dint finish watching it though, d beginning was silly enough dere was no need for me to cont watching. n yes am not a Muslim
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by austinreal1: 3:48pm On Sep 13, 2012
May God touch their hearts. They r heartless people. Their religion preaches violence. shocked cool. They r glad killing innocent souls. God will soon wipe them away
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 13, 2012
sharp man:
Guy....you are a M.O.R.O.N. (Sharp man & Chapman)

You even had time to check my profile. What do you know about international politics? and what has that got to do with living in or out of Nigeria? You are certainly demented. Ode osi.

You might want to respond to this....I've got plenty of time.

Sorry mate, I don't have time for you... I can't let you mess up my IQ with your medieval mentality.. Oh yeah, America is the big saviour of the world, simpleton... grin

Come back when you finally get a functioning brain, the one you've got right now seems to be dysfunctional...

Better yet, feed your brain to a scavenger and go buy a new one... undecided
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Boblegacy10: 3:50pm On Sep 13, 2012
I don't like bloodshed but how can the producer and co. deliberately attack another faith. Muslims anywhere in the world, just like any other religion faithful, will defend their religion. It is proven that muslim don't attack but defend. Peace must reign supreme.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Classicalman(m): 3:51pm On Sep 13, 2012
sdiq: HOW I WISH I CAN LAY MY HAND ON ONE XTIAN HE OR SHE WILL BE DEAD IN TEN SECONDS FOOLS
You are even a bigger fool. Oya come and kill me, i'm wiping my a$$ with a page from the Koran now. Msheww....

2 Likes

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Mustay(m): 3:52pm On Sep 13, 2012
oradee:

International Christian Organisations have and wld condemn the movie cos no one permits slander and they want the public to know they have no hand in the movies production whatsoever.
Now has any international Muslim organisation (including those on NL) condemned the killing or are they still justifying it?

----^,^,^,^-----
"
For the first 13 years of his mission, the Prophet Muhammad and his followers were exposed to demeaning abuse, mockery and torture on a daily basis in Mecca. Not only did he resist violence, he did not even return an insult with another insult. At one point in Mecca, his enemies twisted his name to call him 'Mudhammam' (The Loathsome) instead of 'Muhammad' which deeply offended his followers. But the Prophet calmly comforted them by stating, "Doesn't it astonish you how God protects me from the Quraish's abusing and cursing? They abuse Mudhammam and curse Mudhammam while I am Muhammad."

[Source: Bukhari]

On Tuesday, September 11, extremists in Libya and Egypt reacted to an obscure film which attempts to insult the Prophet Muhammad with profane inaccuracies. But their reaction, which included vandalism and the murder of innocent civilians, completely contradicts the character and message of our beloved Prophet. In a famous Islamic tradition, he stated: "It is not allowed to cause harm to others nor to return harm for harm."

The Quran teaches us that we cannot blame or punish a person for the crime of another and instructs believers to "disagree with them in the most courteous way."

CelebrateMercy Founder Tarek El-Messidi stated, "When lies are spread about our Prophet, we simply respond with the truth. And the most effective response is to embody his merciful character on a daily basis. Violence and vandalism carried out in his name are more offensive than the content of any film.

The Quran tells us that the Prophet is praised by God and His Angels; even a million films cannot threaten his status as the Best of all Creation nor his love in our hearts."

In response to the crimes carried out in the Prophet's name, CelebrateMercy will soon launch a letter- writing campaign to the families of the innocents killed in Libya. We will also release more videos this week about the Prophet's life and character to remind us and others why we love our Prophet, peace be upon him. - Celebrate Mercy
Source -
http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=kkoe5idab&v=001X6jYJeFlGfKc82g7lQ-CfpEjFd1TytlIa1okgR5DKCWKaFbb3FMAGsFMoApLQw4lnPTC4xsgE0eo4EQ6v6td0btESjkbue-2TEdhdleyKOrBkF2sDkQYZg%3D%3D

“Christians and Muslims in Africa were living together in peace and harmony for centuries before the arrival of conspirators and dirty politicians,” who deliberately created enmity and hatred among people of different faiths, tribes and regions for selfish gains.

Source -
http://www.punchng.com/opinion/interfaith-relations-an-encounter-with-sheikh-khalid-yasin/

Source -
http://www.onislam.net/english/news/global/459006-muslims-urged-to-ignore-prophet-film.html

After moderating on the religion section years back, I've realised it's best sometimes not to comment on such issues for the behavior and actions of some members one assumes are literate enough to read and understand different faiths and act not like the average agbero boy is something else. People are on a mission to completely damage another's religion which ironically makes a mockery of their faith.
Everyone 'll be judged according to their intentions anyway.

Peace cool
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 13, 2012
sweetcheecks:
OK, get your point but can we not use Mohammed to fight NATO? Thats corwardice!!! And creates confusion.

That wasn't even my point, my point is that both the 'attackers' and the 'attacked' had a cosy relationship a couple of months ago... They know each other inside out and helped each other, so why are they blaming Islam for the 'devil' they helped create??
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by maclatunji: 3:52pm On Sep 13, 2012
Lord_Reed:

So as America allows freedom of speech so islam allows murder of innocents. I am also following your logic.

As America would not want to be hit for the actions of those who decide to be intolerant in their speech, so would Muslims not want to be hit for the actions of those who decide to react violently to the intolerance of the first offender.

#Ha

You misapplied the first person's logic. Try again later.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 13, 2012
Aifey: America is so proud. Islam is peoples religion n so it deserves respect. They caused war in iraq, libya, egypt nw syria next is iran. After they will paint us black.

Are u truelly enlighted about the current affairs of the world?
Or u are just vexed cos US didn't give u visa?
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by IleIfe2(m): 3:53pm On Sep 13, 2012
maclatunji:

Please, I just want to know how God fights his battles. I have read people repeat this often on Nairaland. I am not even interested in the argument about who did what or why.

I just want a manual of how God fights his battles.

Thank you.

[size=14pt]God ways are incomprehensible. that's why humans sleep at night without knowing if he would wake up the next morning. that's why terrible things happen to some people and people ask why. he knows how and when to punish, he is the best judge in the world. he knows who to bless, he knows who to curse. he is slow to anger, that's why evil people have time to change for the better. He knows how to fight his battles and who to use. he is the unchangeable changer. the King of Kings, the lord of lords.[/size]

[size=13pt]Let Sembadi south Alleluyah!![/size] grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by maclatunji: 3:53pm On Sep 13, 2012
shymexx:

That wasn't even my point, my point is that both the 'attackers' and the 'attacked' had a cosy relationship a couple of months ago... They know each other inside out and helped each other, so why are they blaming Islam for the 'devil' they helped create??

Kizonzo (Exactly)!
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by coded777: 3:54pm On Sep 13, 2012
musulumi sha,
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by dsurrogat: 3:55pm On Sep 13, 2012
buh i dnt undastand d conx btw d movie and d murder...are they sayng the dude in d movie is mohammed is dat ow mohd luks like?abi why al dis violence...and why d malevolence against american flag?is Jesus from america

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by oradee: 3:55pm On Sep 13, 2012
greateros: Islam! bloody bloody, bloody religion! angry angry

Always searching for the slightest excuse to shed blood! their taste for blood surpasses that of a vampire!

the so-called poorly scripted amateurish movie looks more like what someone put up with the sole aim of being mischievous. its obviously not a Hollywood production, the actors are so amateurish, none of the faces are on any Hollywood films nor have any of them been seen by any actor in Hollywood. The filming is sooo amateurish that every right thinking person will see it for what it is - TRASH!

Even the so-called producer is not known to have produced any movie in recorded history!

Putting into consideration the issue of how fast the movie was translated into Arabic, how are we sure this film was not made by Al-qaider or any of the numerous Muslim terrorist groups for the sole purpose of using it as a reason to attack the west undecided undecided

after all, every right thinking person knows how sensitive and volatile the Muslims are when it comes to matters concerning their religion [some part of the movie "2012" was edited out simply because the producers felt it will enrage the Muslims]!

I am scared of only two things - snakes and Muslims! i get so terrified and alert anytime i hear their call for prayers - it always sound like a call to arms!embarassed embarassed

grin grin grin Dang..i didnt mean to laugh but I just had to LMFAO.. grin grin
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by redsun(m): 3:55pm On Sep 13, 2012
In actual sense,americans that make thess kind of movies to delibrately the disturb the killers bees hives at the expense of their vulnerable citizens in vulnerable parts of the world should be tried for treason.

The blood of the ambassador and the others and more that may be killed later is in the hands of the psychopatic producer of this movie.There was no need for that,if not for the fact that he thinks like bill o'reily of fox news and the rest of agents of hate in america.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by sharpman1(m): 3:55pm On Sep 13, 2012
shymexx:

Sorry mate, I don't have time for you... I can't let you mess up my IQ with your medieval mentality.. Oh yeah, America is the big saviour of the world, simpleton... grin

Come back when you finally get a functioning brain, the one you've got right now seems to be dysfunctional...

Better yet, feed your brain to a scavenger and go buy a new one... undecided

Shymex?? IQ?? those two words don't go together. Shymex is synonymous with dumb, foolish, dull, no brain.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes / Jihadists Kill Male Christians In Niger Republic Towns, Women Flee / If Israel Fails, We Are Next - Mosab Yousef, Son Of Hamas Founder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.