Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya (43613 Views)

Innocence Of Muslims: The Controversial Movie Responsible For Recent Protests / Riots In North London 6th August 2011 Black Man Short Dead By Police! / Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2012
Food for thought:

You guys keep demonising Islam by saying Islam is bad, but do you know Islam is the fastest growing religion among black youths in diaspora?? The more you isolate Islam, the more Islam becomes more appealing to isolated black kids in all the slums in black diaspora...

The trend is scary because these youths believe Islam is the religion that would save the world and anything white people don't like, is definitely for black people... And these youths are not even following moderate Islam but the extreme ideology... The future is scary!!

I'm not into religion but isolation has its consequences... I live in peace with my believe in God and not religion - but it's dangerous to isolate people and their faith/belief system.. This problematic trend has to stop..
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by TerryCarr(m): 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2012
0l'dirty:
Islam is by no way a peaceful religion. Even though I do not respect the likes of Terry Jones or the integrity of the Film's producer, I feel that only the most barbaric and violent response from such a low budget piece of crap of a film can be enlisted amongst Muslims alone.
The average arab-muslim are natural born troll-baits when it comes to dumb shiit like this but I know for sure that this orchestrated protest was planned and funded by neo-cons in the pentagon (read the Iran-Contra scandal and see my thread on it https://www.nairaland.com/1046858/iran-contra-scandal-republicans-libyan-siege

But what the bottom line is that we have muslims here posting and supporting the killing of the ambassador as justified due to a remote film produced for limited and brainless trolling.

Islam should be trashed and the whole arab world sunk!
Indonesia has the most Muslims in the world

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by maclatunji: 4:29pm On Sep 13, 2012
sweetcheecks:

Mmmhhhmm, did not get anything. You are all over. Try again i need to get spmething out this.

It wasn't meant for you. Get MEANING from a store near you if you need it.

#Hehehe
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by oradee: 4:31pm On Sep 13, 2012
d_surrogat: buh i dnt undastand d conx btw d movie and d murder...are they sayng the dude in d movie is mohammed is dat ow mohd luks like?abi why al dis violence...and why d malevolence against american flag? is Jesus from america

Exactly...and they have refused to bomb isreali embassy even when the dude says he's Isreal.

truth is, America is just a hated country everyone wants to pin down but the more they try,the stronger America becomes.

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by sweetcheecks(f): 4:31pm On Sep 13, 2012
Boblegacy10: I don't like bloodshed but how can the producer and co. deliberately attack another faith. Muslims anywhere in the world, just like any other religion faithful, will defend their religion. It is proven that muslim don't attack but defend. Peace must reign supreme.

Where is the proof? Please dont pass hot air. Waste of breath.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 13, 2012
When Leonardo Da Vinci wrote a book about Christ, christians did not kill anybody. Once you know that what is in that movie is not true, there is no need killing anyone to prove it. You don't fight for your God, He is even meant to fight for you if truly He is God. Pls muslims don't justify murder. It does not show that Islam is a religion of peace.

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by 0ldirty: 4:33pm On Sep 13, 2012
TerryCarr: Indonesia has the most Muslims in the world

i made reference to arab muslims who are by far the least democrated and civil beings on the planet.

The average tenure of the despots that where overthrown during the arab spring was 30yrs!

The arabs cannot exist in a civilised and stable enviroment.

I blame Obama for actively and covertly giving support to the arab spring uprising. He should have back down and let the whole arab world get drawn in a long and bloody civil war like what is currently happening in syria.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by sweetcheecks(f): 4:36pm On Sep 13, 2012
shymexx:

That wasn't even my point, my point is that both the 'attackers' and the 'attacked' had a cosy relationship a couple of months ago... They know each other inside out and helped each other, so why are they blaming Islam for the 'devil' they helped create??

I am with you there but can they stop terror in the name of religion? I was against what NATO did but this bothers on thin line of freedom ofexpression. The thing is they will start in Libya and pass in Nigeria, only God knows where it will end. Where do we draw the line?
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by oradee: 4:38pm On Sep 13, 2012
Kay-Dee:

[size=13pt] The answer is obvious, you can choose to set up a big screen in Kabul City square and enjoy the movie on it, the marketers and importers can also choose to hawk the movie on the streets of Kandahar. My point is, you don't stir up a buzz that puts innocent people in harms way while you observe from your comfort zone. If Bacile's bravery was as high as his level of stu.pidity, he would have gone to the middle east to promote the movie himself.
It is a provocation coming from outside (the US) and it puts people in the danger zone. If the movie was produced by an Arab in Afghanistan then they can kill themselves and no outsider would get hurt.
[/size]

and wasnt the davincci code together with Angels and Demons shown in movie theaters? and isnt the book still sold on the streets till this day?

You lot are really justifying and supporting the killings...No wonder Boko Haram has the guts to do wht they do
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by maclatunji: 4:39pm On Sep 13, 2012
shymexx: Food for thought:

You guys keep demonising Islam by saying Islam is bad, but do you know Islam is the fastest growing religion among black youths in diaspora?? The more you isolate Islam, the more Islam becomes more appealing to isolated black kids in all the slums in black diaspora...

The trend is scary because these youths believe Islam is the religion that would save the world and anything white people don't like, is definitely for black people... And these youths are not even following moderate Islam but the extreme ideology... The future is scary!!

I'm not into religion but isolation has its consequences... I live in peace with my believe in God and not religion - but it's dangerous to isolate people and their faith/belief system.. This problematic trend has to stop..

No problem, their persistent and dedicated Islam-bashing on Nairaland will see them through.

#Hahahaha
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by debosky(m): 4:40pm On Sep 13, 2012
shymexx: Food for thought:

I see - so in order to 'placate' black youths in the diaspora you should refrain from demonising a murderous trait in Muslims whenever Mo is criticised?

Heck, with this type of thinking slavery would never have ended - don't demonise it because the Southern folk in the US are strongly in support of it. The more you isolate it, the more they want to hold on to their slaves. undecided
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Princesaha: 4:41pm On Sep 13, 2012
I will still be here wen the real gbege go start, and lets c who will have d last laugh. Dis muslims tink dat dey can kill americans and get away with it. D same pple (muslims) on dis forum dat sees notin wrong with d killings will still be d ones 2 cry 2 high heavens. For goodness sake, must u kill innocent pple 2 drive home ur point. Y nt luk 4 d producer who is a jewish man, neither xtian or muslim. Anyway tym shall tell cos america must pay them back in their own coin whether directly or indirectly. I rather worship Sango dan a god dat cant fight 4 himself.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Ramtzy: 4:42pm On Sep 13, 2012
See as den gaddafinize d Guy...

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by oradee: 4:42pm On Sep 13, 2012
mathskill: Why didnt your God save himself when he was being nailed on the cross.

i refuse to reply ur silly comment but i hear urs is also dead... undecided
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 13, 2012
sweetcheecks:
I am with you there but can they stop terror in the name of religion? I was against what NATO did but this bothers on thin line of freedom ofexpression. The thing is they will start in Libya and pass in Nigeria, only God knows where it will end. Where do we draw the line?

'Freedom of expression' has always been superficial... Forget about that fallacy, there are certain things we're not allowed to say... Non-black people are not allowed to say, 'nigger', no one is allowed to say anything negative about the holocaust etc...

The problem with Northern Muslims in Nigeria isn't just a religious thing, it's a mixture of religion, politics, and tribal intolerance - more like a three-headed monster... Take religion out of it, and that won't end the violence over there. But it's easy to blame everything on religion, even when it has been documented that they kill Muslims from other ethnic groups..
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by oradee: 4:47pm On Sep 13, 2012
mosh_musth:

Ur dumb, that was what the FG told u and made u belive it so... Open ur eye

Oh dear...And the governor of borno just lied when he said "Boko haram, wldnt convert Nig" or something like that.

U watch too many cartoons...leave African Magic and watch Channels or read the dailies
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by debosky(m): 4:50pm On Sep 13, 2012
maclatunji:

Actually a fanatical Christian girl went to UI last year I believe pretending to be a Muslim on a Friday and then started screaming for Muslims to accept Jesus whilst prayer was on. Our dear friends ensured that "their" girl got a soft-landing. By the way, we "violent" Muslims didn't kill her before the authorities could dream of rescuing her O.

So because Muslims didn't kill one Christian we should ignore the THOUSANDS that have been killed and are being killed in NIGERIA by Muslims?

oradee:

and wasnt the davincci code together with Angels and Demons shown in movie theaters? and isnt the book still sold on the streets till this day?

You lot are really justifying and supporting the killings...No wonder Boko Haram has the guts to do wht they do

Is Christianity not being 'isolated' in the same West with movies depicting Jesus as gay and married?

Shameless apologist behaviour - you can 'defend' them from today till next year, but if they start their Mohammed blood lust near you, you WILL be killed - no exceptions.

2 Likes

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by oradee: 4:51pm On Sep 13, 2012
mathskill: Being deceitfull again. PAGAD stands for People against gangstarism and drugs just because muslims started it makes terrorist abi.They began as local vigilantes given the level of crime in southafrica.Now you come on nairaland and claim they are terrorist.Who designated them that label only you.

Thats how Boko Haram Started (claiming to be against Western Education) till they evolved into an ugly butterfly everyone is suffering with..
dont worry,the world is wiser to their gimmicks and pranks..

2 Likes

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by tlops(m): 4:53pm On Sep 13, 2012
Senseless people.

At least they have killed 4 diplomats who has no known connection to the film, shouldn't they sheath their sword by now?
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 13, 2012
maclatunji:

OK, is it Islam's fault if some Muslims committed Murder? I am following your logic and wisdom here.
[color=#006600][/color]

Follow it well and you will see i did not condemn islam or put the blame on any one. I have noticed you muslims always jump on the throat of Americans and Christians in particular., forgetting that there is Judaism and the producer of this movie is an isreali-american jew. Open your minds ppl
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by 0ldirty: 4:55pm On Sep 13, 2012
Mohammed never performed any miracles and when he fled Mecca for Medina he was well received by both the jews and arab polythesist.

On cross-examination by the much respected Jewish settlers on his faith, they discovered he knew next to nothing about the Torah and his developing theology was just plain religious plagiarism of both Jewish and Christian doctrine.

When asked by the pagan Arabs if Mohammed was the long awaited messiah, the Jews responded that he was nothing but a fraud.

From then on the relatioship between the jews and mohammed soared to the point that he directed his muslim faithfuls to change their direction of prayer from jersusalem to mecca.
After that mohammed became reduced to ridicule by the host communities.

He never forget the insult from the Jews and also their wealth.

He ordered their slaughter after unsuccessful seige by Mecca army to get rid of him.

After the siege was withdrawn and the coalition to get rid of him disbanded, mohammed interpreted this as a victory even though there was no confrontation. He just dug in and waited for the enemy infantry horses and camels to start dying off from lack of vegetation and water in the barren scorched desert.

Mohammed then needed to get rid of the jews and allocate to himself their wealth.

Mohammed during his jihad was directly involved in raids of caravans in the name of allah.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Princesaha: 4:56pm On Sep 13, 2012
Wen i c pple saying dat islam z d fastest growing religion in d world, i laff at dem due to their ignorance. Point of correction, islam is growing steadily among d blacks only in d USA and nt d whites. Then go to asia and c 4 urselves, hundreds of pple are converting to xtianity daily. In africa here, xtianity has made more converts in d last thirty years. In our own nigerian case, xtianity has grown more dan any oda religion since independence.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by tayo4me(f): 4:57pm On Sep 13, 2012
First of all, as Muslims, we do not use anyone to depict the Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW). If you watch "The Message" most especially, no actor was used to depict him, not even his voice, because he is held in high regards.

I then wonder why some non-muslims will decide to depict him in ridicilous ways, thereby disrespecting him and our religion.

And for the person who said Muslims would have laughed at the movie depicting Jesus as gay, I want to state categorically that no true Muslim would have found it funny. I personally will not watch such movie, as I find it to be insulting Prophet Isa ASW (Jesus).

Muslims see Jesus as a Prophet sent by God like all other Prophets to preach and save souls. But Christians have chosen to worship him- humans have free will to choose. Despite this fact, Muslims never use degrading words on him, but non-Muslims are always quick to insult Prophet Muhammad.

I am never in support of the activities of some Muslims, as Islam preaches that killing an innocent soul is like killing the entire mankind. A closer look at the so-called terrorists shows that they are being oppressed either politically or economically, and these are the only known methods for them to vent their anger.

My only wish is that non-Muslims will actually find the time to learn about Islam and not rely on the media or start passing derogatory remarks on Islam and Muslims based on the actions of some minority.

2 Likes

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 13, 2012
debosky:
I see - so in order to 'placate' black youths in the diaspora you should refrain from demonising a murderous trait in Muslims whenever Mo is criticised?

Heck, with this type of thinking slavery would never have ended - don't demonise it because the Southern folk in the US are strongly in support of it. The more you isolate it, the more they want to hold on to their slaves. undecided

That wasn't my point, my point is that we need to stop over overemphasizing every blowback that happens between two 'people' who used to have a cosy relationship - that later turned sour... Is Islam a bad religion? I don't think so because all the Muslims I know are decent people... Are the extremists in Islam bad?? Obviously, based on their antecedents... But why do we demonise a religion of about 1.5billion people because of the barbaric nature of the few extremists??

Isolated people would always find solace in an isolated belief system - and it's not surprising that most of these black kids are finding solace in Islam...
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by sweetcheecks(f): 4:59pm On Sep 13, 2012
mathskill: Being deceitfull again. PAGAD stands for People against gangstarism and drugs just because muslims started it makes terrorist abi.They began as local vigilantes given the level of crime in southafrica.Now you come on nairaland and claim they are terrorist.Who designated them that label only you.

No not being decietfull ooo, it was Moslems who were behind the orginasation ( mind you idid not Islam). Please get yourself informed it was called PAGAD but what did hollywood world had to do with drugs? Is BH not suppose to be against western education but kill Christians? When do terrorist really mean what they want? I know this I was there when it
happened.

But you are welcome to hail the insults ooo!

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by maclatunji: 5:00pm On Sep 13, 2012
debosky:

So because Muslims didn't kill one Christian we should ignore the THOUSANDS that have been killed and are being killed in NIGERIA by Muslims?

Na you talk am. If Muslims didn't kill one that violated the sanctity of their place of worship whilst they had the power to do so, you had better learn from them how they managed that and seek to replicate it elsewhere where ignorance and poverty hold sway instead of seeking to bash Islam to make you feel good about yourself. Isn't that what anyone who wants to truly save lives should do?

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by VladimirLenin: 5:00pm On Sep 13, 2012
Ile-Ife:

[size=14pt]God ways are incomprehensible. that's why humans sleep at night without knowing if he would wake up the next morning. that's why terrible things happen to some people and people ask why. he knows how and when to punish, he is the best judge in the world. he knows who to bless, he knows who to curse. he is slow to anger, that's why evil people have time to change for the better. He knows how to fight his battles and who to use. he is the unchangeable changer. the King of Kings, the lord of lords.[/size]

[size=13pt]Let Sembadi south Alleluyah!![/size] grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by muktarmtt(m): 5:00pm On Sep 13, 2012
tchaik: Let me get something straight here; some washed-out two -faced-faggøt-of-a-producer/Director made a film about the Holy Mohammad; and US embassies are being attacked? Ambassador killed?

Don't they have the address of the director/producer/actors? Abi Obama don dey act/direct movie?

Muslims stewpid shaa!
If u 2 if cn give ur address u go knw waz up u will see hw stupid muslim r ur address pls jst a man?
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by 0ldirty: 5:01pm On Sep 13, 2012
What most muslims will not let you know about their faith and Jesus.

Mohammed claimed that Jesus was the first true muslim (believer).

Mohammed also stated that Jesus will come back and fight the last Jihad for muslims.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by natureem: 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2012
This thread don catch fire. The viewers too many as if na ucl final
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by maclatunji: 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2012
shymexx:

That wasn't my point, my point is that we need to stop over overemphasizing every blowback that happens between two 'people' who used to have a cosy relationship - that later turned sour... Is Islam a bad religion? I don't think so because all the Muslims I know are decent people... Are the extremists in Islam bad?? Obviously, based on their antecedents... But why do we demonise a religion of about 1.5billion people because of the barbaric nature of the few extremists??

Isolated people would always find solace in an isolated belief system - and it's not surprising that most of these black kids are finding solace in Islam...

@bolded, they need to feel good about themselves and their religion, I said it before.

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by AMvanquish: 5:04pm On Sep 13, 2012
oradee:

i donno...pls tell us what religion Boko Haram is forcing upon Nigerians?

The religion the morons you claim are forcing upon Nigerians is not the religion I was
I was Brought up with.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes / Jihadists Kill Male Christians In Niger Republic Towns, Women Flee / If Israel Fails, We Are Next - Mosab Yousef, Son Of Hamas Founder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.