Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya (43611 Views)

Innocence Of Muslims: The Controversial Movie Responsible For Recent Protests / Riots In North London 6th August 2011 Black Man Short Dead By Police! / Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by KayDee4: 3:57pm On Sep 13, 2012
oradee:

so if i get my hands on the movie,i shld expect to get killed for watching it? and the marketers and importers shld be killed too?

[size=13pt] The answer is obvious, you can choose to set up a big screen in Kabul City square and enjoy the movie on it, the marketers and importers can also choose to hawk the movie on the streets of Kandahar. My point is, you don't stir up a buzz that puts innocent people in harms way while you observe from your comfort zone. If Bacile's bravery was as high as his level of stu.pidity, he would have gone to the middle east to promote the movie himself.
It is a provocation coming from outside (the US) and it puts people in the danger zone. If the movie was produced by an Arab in Afghanistan then they can kill themselves and no outsider would get hurt.
[/size]
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Eneze1(f): 3:58pm On Sep 13, 2012
espn: Attack islam..nd u expect us to be silent..u joke!
you people cant be silent because your god cant fight for himself shikena,I belive a God that is worth following should be a God that can fight for himself without the interferance of man, think about that. THATS Y HE'S GOD AND NOT A MAN.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by maclatunji: 3:58pm On Sep 13, 2012
Ile-Ife:

[size=14pt]God ways are incomprehensible. that's why humans sleep at night without knowing if he would wake up the next morning. that's why terrible things happen to some people and people ask why. he knows how and when to punish, he is the best judge in the world. he knows who to bless, he knows who to curse. he is slow to anger, that's why evil people have time to change for the better. He knows how to fight his battles and who to use. he is the unchangeable changer. the King of Kings, the lord of lords.[/size]

[size=13pt]Let Sembadi south Alleluyah!![/size]

Thank you. Simply put, you don't know the way God fights his battles since his "ways are incomprehensible."

So, the ignorant person now wants to give a lecture of what he doesn't comprehend.

#Fantastic
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by sweetcheecks(f): 3:58pm On Sep 13, 2012
Leemak: @ all Islam haters: d truth is very bitter particularly for u dis slowpoke nigerian christians, look until there is respect for every religion from other religions dt d world will gain peace...even d heads of abroad christian organisations outrightly reject and condemned d film, u dis murafucker christian here in nigeria are just vomitting rubbish, go to Arab countries and protest.....'Islam our pride, their fear'

In other countries this is not tolarated!!See how South African country under their president Thabo Mbeki, nipped the Islamic terror called PAGAD in the but. They were also trying to terrorise their country with bombs etc. They bombed the then Hollywood world resturant and that was the last. All the brave leaders are in jail for ever. LAW must prevail!!!
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 13, 2012
sharp man:

Shymex?? IQ?? those two words don't go together. Shymex is synonymous with dumb, foolish, dull, no brain.

Fam, add 'ra' to the sharp man, and sharrap man...

Stop quoting me!!!!!!
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by wewe1(m): 4:01pm On Sep 13, 2012
juman: The film was an insult to the muslim. It's condemned.

so? must you kill to drive home your point?
sometime i wonder why they always say PBH (peace be onto him) whenever the name MOHAMMED is mention, it is now obvious... he was not a peaceful person and Islam was never, is never and will never be a religion of PEACE. PEACEFUL ko PISSFULL ni
Nonsense and stupid religion, religion of misguided elements

2 Likes

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by mathskill: 4:03pm On Sep 13, 2012

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by esn1(f): 4:03pm On Sep 13, 2012
kunle.t.ade:
Why on earth would a producer portray our leader as gay and u expect us to keep quiet maybe the other religion will because they are not sure of their religion if it ever exist.

SHUT THE Bleep UP, MUST YOU REACT TO EVERYTHING? DID WE DIE WHEN OURS, IF YOU HAVE A GOD, ET HIM FIGHT FOR YOU. AND WHY SHOULD THE INNOCENT DIE?
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by sharpman1(m): 4:05pm On Sep 13, 2012
shymexx:

Fam, add 'ra' to the sharp man, and sharrap man...

Stop quoting me!!!!!!

You dey beg?? You need to have a taste of your own medicine.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by oradee: 4:06pm On Sep 13, 2012
oradee:

Hate? did u say hate?
and which religion is trying to convert Nigeria to their mode of worship?
and has even gone to the point of shedding blood?
The proverb of a log in one's eye is truly true...

AMvanquish:

Come clean! Which religion is that?

i donno...pls tell us what religion Boko Haram is forcing upon Nigerians?
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by maclatunji: 4:06pm On Sep 13, 2012
mathskill: Stand in middle of RCCG when they are in service and shout jESUS isnt God,stand on the great wall of china and shout taiwan isnt part of china,go to Telaviv and claim the holocaust didnt take place,go to turkey and say the PKK are not terrorists,go to tehran and accuse them that their nuclear programe isnt peaceful,go to bayelsa and say you are against resource control,go to ogun state and claim abiola didn't win the june 2003 presidential election,go to borno and shout boko haram are terrorists,enter thailand and abuse thier monarch,go to columbia say coca farming is bad,go to mexico and accuse them of exporting hard drugs to the U.S,get yourself get caught with half an ounce of cocaine in singapore and see etc in all the scenerios above you'l be extremely lucky to escape with your life.

Actually a fanatical Christian girl went to UI last year I believe pretending to be a Muslim on a Friday and then started screaming for Muslims to accept Jesus whilst prayer was on. Our dear friends ensured that "their" girl got a soft-landing. By the way, we "violent" Muslims didn't kill her before the authorities could dream of rescuing her O.

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by IleIfe2(m): 4:08pm On Sep 13, 2012
why has one movie producer trying to get the attention of the world to the sufferings of his christian brothers in Egypt from muslims become America, While we hear on a daily basis that muslims are not terroeist because muslims terrorize people within their vicinity? Why?!!
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by dasparrow: 4:10pm On Sep 13, 2012
@Post

Americans need to learn to respect other people's religion. Not just religion but also culture. Americans are narrow minded bigoted air heads and it shows in the manner in which they behave. They know that Muslims don't like it when you disrespect their Prophet Mohammed or their religion. It has caused problems in the past like the riot that occurred due to the stupidity of that Danish cartoonist and the likes. So the western world (Europeans and Americans) need to stop provoking Muslims and get a life!
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by sweetcheecks(f): 4:11pm On Sep 13, 2012
[quote author=milliams]TO THE WHOLE HOUSE:
See, until we start seeing these Americans as the real terrorist, the world won't be at PEACE. They preach democracy to the world as a way of life and the world accepted it, which is all about right, respect and justice for all. And everybody is happy.

However, these same Americans go behind to infringe on thier neighbours' right while to them, Americans' justice look the other because they believe na only them wan make foriegn currencies. Honestly, I am not a muslim but we need to respect each other for the world to be at peace.

I want to believe that american movie industry "HOLLYWOOD" as they called would have reviewed and screened this same movie before approving. Religion movies are very sensitivity one. I have never seen An Arabian defying JESUS CHRIST AS THIS , AS THAT. But it is always these Israel, be it American-israel or what have that are always lookin for Wahala.

HOLLYWOOD should share in the blame. May God the soul of Ambassedor Chris rest in peace. " WHAT A PRICE TO PA
Y?! sad

....ONCE YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR NEIGNBOUR DON'T LIKE
AND YOU RESPECT IT, THERE WON'T BE ANY FIGHT....[/
quote]

Its YOU TUBE MOVIE, for goodness sake, why cant you know the difference, I give up!
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Eneze1(f): 4:12pm On Sep 13, 2012
sdiq: HOW I WISH I CAN LAY MY HAND ON ONE XTIAN HE OR SHE WILL BE DEAD IN TEN SECONDS FOOLS
IT JUST SHOWS HOW DESPICTABLE YOU ARE

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by oradee: 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2012
mathskill: Stand in middle of RCCG when they are in service and shout jESUS isnt God,stand on the great wall of china and shout taiwan isnt part of china,go to Telaviv and claim the holocaust didnt take place,go to turkey and say the PKK are not terrorists,go to tehran and accuse them that their nuclear programe isnt peaceful,go to bayelsa and say you are against resource control,go to ogun state and claim abiola didn't win the june 2003 presidential election,go to borno and shout boko haram are terrorists,enter thailand and abuse thier monarch,go to columbia say coca farming is bad,go to mexico and accuse them of exporting hard drugs to the U.S,get yourself get caught with half an ounce of cocaine in singapore and see etc in all the scenerios above you'l be extremely lucky to escape with your life.

Exactly...but if u go to Empire State building and shout Abiola didnt win elections,or Climb Eiffle towers and shout Jesus isnt the son of God,wld Nigerians (ogun sons and daughterss) start a killing spree at their embassy or Christians world wide shed blood?

2 Likes

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

Americans need to learn to respect other people's religion. Not just religion but also culture. Americans are narrow minded bigoted air heads and it shows in the manner in which they behave. They know that Muslims don't like it when you disrespect their Prophet Mohammed or their religion. It has caused problems in the past like the riot that occurred due to the stupidity of that Danish cartoonist and the likes. So the western world (Europeans and Americans) need to stop provoking Muslims and get a life!

Cheers mate!!

Honest post from someone who lives in America and understands international relations and race relations...
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by moshmusth(m): 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2012
2sleek2NV: There was this movie that depicted Jesus as Gay, am sure the Muslim's laughed when it was in circulation.
What is freaking wrong with this people?
I try not to generalise cos I have loving Muslim people around me but abeg the larger Muslim family should talk to themselves.

When was the movie released on internet and what is the tittle of the movie in qs, all the Christian movies are what you guys believe the imagination of Jesus and his disipldd but we do not have a picture or imagination of prophet Muhammed s.a.w so for a producer to come up with idea of some one act like him was an act of disrespect to Muslims all over the world Muslim respect Christianity so there has been no proof that a Muslim actor produce a movie to attack or downgrade Christianity in any way .
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by mathskill: 4:16pm On Sep 13, 2012

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by moshmusth(m): 4:21pm On Sep 13, 2012
oradee:

i donno...pls tell us what religion Boko Haram is forcing upon Nigerians?

Ur dumb, that was what the FG told u and made u belive it so... Open ur eye
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by sweetcheecks(f): 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2012
maclatunji:

Ha! My analytical friend is here. Why is Dubai "an exception" in your opinion? Of course, there are other places I can mention, but that's beside the point. Yes Muslims in Northern Nigeria have been violent but it is also a well-established fact that Muslims from other tribes who maybe even more knowledgeable about Islam thany their murderers are killed in such cases. That would tell anybody with insight that such violence is not based on Islam ditto for the Arab world. Many Arabs have a deep-seated resentment against America in particular and protests like this are Channels they use in venting such anger. Islam is just the cover as its teachings are against such.

If Christians were subjects of systemic oppression and imperialism, you would find them ready to kill for Jesus. Go to Southern Kaduna if in doubt.

Mention the most troubled Muslim countries today, you find Non-Muslims deeply involved from behind the scenes- why?

As for your "brush", tell someone who cares about it.

Mmmhhhmm, did not get anything. You are all over. Try again i need to get spmething out this.

2 Likes

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by moshmusth(m): 4:23pm On Sep 13, 2012
mathskill: Being deceitfull again. PAGAD stands for People against gangstarism and drugs just because muslims started it makes terrorist abi.They began as local vigilantes given the level of crime in southafrica.Now you come on nairaland and claim they are terrorist.Who designated them that label only you.

Ty u bro 4 d enlightment, na so dem go dey carry false rumour up and down.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by skidos4u(m): 4:23pm On Sep 13, 2012
y re d muslims behavn like barberians? let d muslims al over d world go 2 d yoruba land n learn religious torelance.
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by oradee: 4:24pm On Sep 13, 2012
Mustay:

----^,^,^,^-----
"
For the first 13 years of his mission, the Prophet Muhammad and his followers were exposed to demeaning abuse, mockery and torture on a daily basis in Mecca. Not only did he resist violence, he did not even return an insult with another insult. At one point in Mecca, his enemies twisted his name to call him 'Mudhammam' (The Loathsome) instead of 'Muhammad' which deeply offended his followers. But the Prophet calmly comforted them by stating, "Doesn't it astonish you how God protects me from the Quraish's abusing and cursing? They abuse Mudhammam and curse Mudhammam while I am Muhammad."

[Source: Bukhari]

On Tuesday, September 11, extremists in Libya and Egypt reacted to an obscure film which attempts to insult the Prophet Muhammad with profane inaccuracies. But their reaction, which included vandalism and the murder of innocent civilians, completely contradicts the character and message of our beloved Prophet. In a famous Islamic tradition, he stated: "It is not allowed to cause harm to others nor to return harm for harm."

The Quran teaches us that we cannot blame or punish a person for the crime of another and instructs believers to "disagree with them in the most courteous way."

CelebrateMercy Founder Tarek El-Messidi stated, "When lies are spread about our Prophet, we simply respond with the truth. And the most effective response is to embody his merciful character on a daily basis. Violence and vandalism carried out in his name are more offensive than the content of any film.

The Quran tells us that the Prophet is praised by God and His Angels; even a million films cannot threaten his status as the Best of all Creation nor his love in our hearts."

In response to the crimes carried out in the Prophet's name, CelebrateMercy will soon launch a letter- writing campaign to the families of the innocents killed in Libya. We will also release more videos this week about the Prophet's life and character to remind us and others why we love our Prophet, peace be upon him. - Celebrate Mercy
Source -
http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=kkoe5idab&v=001X6jYJeFlGfKc82g7lQ-CfpEjFd1TytlIa1okgR5DKCWKaFbb3FMAGsFMoApLQw4lnPTC4xsgE0eo4EQ6v6td0btESjkbue-2TEdhdleyKOrBkF2sDkQYZg%3D%3D

“Christians and Muslims in Africa were living together in peace and harmony for centuries before the arrival of conspirators and dirty politicians,” who deliberately created enmity and hatred among people of different faiths, tribes and regions for selfish gains.

Source -
http://www.punchng.com/opinion/interfaith-relations-an-encounter-with-sheikh-khalid-yasin/

Source -
http://www.onislam.net/english/news/global/459006-muslims-urged-to-ignore-prophet-film.html

After moderating on the religion section years back, I've realised it's best sometimes not to comment on such issues for the behavior and actions of some members one assumes are literate enough to read and understand different faiths and act not like the average agbero boy is something else. People are on a mission to completely damage another's religion which ironically makes a mockery of their faith.
Everyone 'll be judged according to their intentions anyway.

Peace cool

so those fighting and killing are doing them so ON WHOSE INSTRUCTIONS??
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by cashcpt(m): 4:24pm On Sep 13, 2012
nature-em:
Do any 1 have d link 2 d video

Go to www.tubidy.com and key into d search space. It is just a 2bit comedy dat doesn't deserve all d hooplala dat dis dumb fanatics are going around killin ppl over it. I hv seen worse satires on Christ Jesus but u don't hear Christians going on rampage becos our Lord was insulted. This is just another copfirmation that adherents of Islam are hellbound.besides what kind of useless god needs ppl to fight his battles except d fake a.rse Islamic religion?
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by oluMyderz(m): 4:25pm On Sep 13, 2012
diz ur analysis na bomb o. Nice 1
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by kumbalo(m): 4:25pm On Sep 13, 2012
imagine a world without "the religion of piss"
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by 0ldirty: 4:26pm On Sep 13, 2012
Islam is by no way a peaceful religion. Even though I do not respect the likes of Terry Jones or the integrity of the Film's producer, I feel that only the most barbaric and violent response from such a low budget piece of crap of a film can be enlisted amongst Muslims alone.
The average arab-muslim are natural born troll-baits when it comes to dumb shiit like this but I know for sure that this orchestrated protest was planned and funded by neo-cons in the pentagon (read the Iran-Contra scandal and see my thread on it https://www.nairaland.com/1046858/iran-contra-scandal-republicans-libyan-siege

But what the bottom line is that we have muslims here posting and supporting the killing of the ambassador as justified due to a remote film produced for limited and brainless trolling.

Islam should be trashed and the whole arab world sunk!

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by mikey2fin: 4:26pm On Sep 13, 2012
All you Brain Washed Muslims, You all needs to wake up and smell the COFFEE, Why don't you MORONS let your God take the fight to
the film director rather than killing an innocent person that knows nothing about the so called film, Simple because he's an
American. You guys are all INSANE. GET A LIFE PEOPLE

1 Like

Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by sweetcheecks(f): 4:27pm On Sep 13, 2012
mathskill: Stand in middle of RCCG when they are in service and shout jESUS isnt God,stand on the great wall of china and shout taiwan isnt part of china,go to Telaviv and claim the holocaust didnt take place,go to turkey and say the PKK are not terrorists,go to tehran and accuse them that their nuclear programe isnt peaceful,go to bayelsa and say you are against resource control,go to ogun state and claim abiola didn't win the june 2003 presidential election,go to borno and shout boko haram are terrorists,enter thailand and abuse thier monarch,go to columbia say coca farmingo is bad,go to mexico and accuse them of exporting hard drugs to the U.S,get yourself get caught with half an ounce of cocaine in singapore and see etc in all the scenerios above you'l be extremely lucky to escape with your life.

@Mat, are you saying the guys who died on this horrific incident did this? Come on bro!
Re: The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya by goofie: 4:27pm On Sep 13, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

if u wait for the world to respect whatever it is u believe in, then it means u dont really bliv in it.

cnt the muslims just serve their God and live their lives and ignore things if they really bliv Islam is it?

am tired of the contant desperate defence of their Islam religion. i cnt help but think it is bourne out of insecurity.

Peace and Islam shouldnt be used in the same sentence.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes / Jihadists Kill Male Christians In Niger Republic Towns, Women Flee / If Israel Fails, We Are Next - Mosab Yousef, Son Of Hamas Founder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.