Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. (7121 Views)

Can U Marry Osu / Guys, Can U Marry A Girl That Has Slept With Your Friend? / Guys Pls Say The Truth Can U Marry A Scarred Girl With Burns On Her Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by Dipwater(m): 7:09am On Sep 13, 2012
Wat is bsc,pls is it the new 5000 naira note? Somebody shuld pls xplain
Nonsence

2morrow some idi/ots wuld come here and start disturbing us with there family problems

Bill gate did not require bsc to achieve in life,so wat the fu/ck does degree gat to do with marriage?

1 Like

Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 13, 2012
Goldieluks:

Keep decieving yourself there. Bush prof according to ur profile pics.

@ OP, education is not the most important thing when it comes to marriage. It is only in Nigeria you see people taking education as a do or die affair. Ask yourself this, can your bf speak and write basic english when needed, is he able to add and subtract mathematically?

Wisdom is a natural gift, and that is what you should be looking out for, because he might be a BSC holder and still lack wisdom. Education is just in the papers, people should stop decieving themselves, and by the way, the only reason people get schooled is because they want to get a 'good' job and make dough, but that doesn't rule out the fact that been educated is not a criteria to lead an affluent life.
Hear ye, hear ye! The voice of wisdom hath spoken, let none gainsay the fact.
Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 13, 2012
good answer...
Jumicke: I will marry him, but I will advice him 2 go 2 skul because of future purpose
Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 13, 2012
it would be interesting to know what your reasons are though....
vivian chinaza:
I'm sorry what made me a liar? No matter how rich or cute a man is, without a university education he is a no no for me. That's my standard!!!!! And I have my reasons!!!
Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 13, 2012
very true...
lepasharon: seriously University is overrated.. undecided The well off are not university educated
Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 13, 2012

1 Like

Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by k2039: 10:17am On Sep 13, 2012
sanb: I say Wow @ your quote (a BSc holder can't marry you because you're above their level) I say wow again....this just makes me laugh!!!I as a lady studying for my PhD wouldn’t look at you twice either...I get very surprised when I hear men like you speak...

Really my profile has been attracting a lot of attention lately (heavy traffic by people viewing my picture).

Na wa o.

sanb: wouldn’t look at you twice either
How are you sure I would even look at you at all.
Afterall you checked my profile picture,not just once today and I know you will still go back to view it again(are you going to deny that)

Mind you,am also going to enroll for my ph.d soon,so we both academicians,you should be able to watch my back as a future coleague and not stabing me on nairaland.
Just saying.

LOL
Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 13, 2012
Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by McAdem: 12:47pm On Sep 13, 2012
Goldieluks:

Keep decieving yourself there. Bush prof according to ur profile pics.

@ OP, education is not the most important thing when it comes to marriage. It is only in Nigeria you see people taking education as a do or die affair. Ask yourself this, can your bf speak and write basic english when needed, is he able to add and subtract mathematically?

Wisdom is a natural gift, and that is what you should be looking out for, because he might be a BSC holder and still lack wisdom. Education is just in the papers, people should stop decieving themselves, and by the way, the only reason people get schooled is because they want to get a 'good' job and make dough, but that doesn't rule out the fact that been educated is not a criteria to lead an affluent life.

A lady thinking this wayGod bless
Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 13, 2012
Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 13, 2012
depends on if he is literate !

There are some exceptional cases of people who didn't go to school, who are knowledgeable and vast than people who did.
I have met quite a few.And if this people tell you they have not gone to school, you would never believe.

If he is like that fine, as long as he does not feel intimidated by me cool

But if not the case as stated above, THEN I CAN'T !
Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by goofie: 1:14pm On Sep 13, 2012
theres a diff btw being educated and being literate.make no mistake. a man cn go 2 skul and still end up being illiterate, uncultured,untamed,etc.

many university graduates r still illiterates in their thinking and lifestyle.

a man that dint pass thru a university bt has gone thru series of personal development and is being productive, is better than a uni graduate that jst has the certificate as an award plaque on the wall of his room.

spiritual, social, physical and emotional compatibility is wht u shld be looking out for.

1 Like

Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by k2039: 1:29pm On Sep 13, 2012
sanb: Are you for real mate Your profile attracting heavy traffic oh please...

As for me viewing your profile; hummm I think you need to think again on that point as you're kidding me...and stop flattering yourself it would get you nothing!!! angry

Hell no for me to insult a future PhD colleague as it definitely was not my intention to stab you here on NL.. it was just what you said that made me say I wouldn’t look at you twice... smiley

And yes I definitely would watch your back as a future colleague provided you don’t make utterances that sound irritating to the ear... wink

sanb: Are you for real mate Your profile attracting heavy traffic oh please...

As for me viewing your profile; hummm I think you need to think again on that point as you're kidding me...and stop flattering yourself it would get you nothing!!! angry

Hell no for me to insult a future PhD colleague as it definitely was not my intention to stab you here on NL.. it was just what you said that made me say I wouldn’t look at you twice... smiley

And yes I definitely would watch your back as a future colleague provided you don’t make utterances that sound irritating to the ear... wink

Lol,wishing you all the best in your programme.
Dr Sanb.
Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 13, 2012
hahaha Lol...thanks!!!
k2039:

Lol,wishing you all the best in your programme.
Dr Sanb.
Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by ciphoenix: 1:52pm On Sep 13, 2012
Val.emodi:
Handsome,Tall,cute,oil worker wit a gud lyfestyle.caring and oda tins u want in a guy buh witout a university degree. D ¿ is would u stil marry him
Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by ciphoenix: 1:57pm On Sep 13, 2012
vivian chinaza:
I'm sorry what made me a liar? No matter how rich or cute a man is, without a university education he is a no no for me. That's my standard!!!!! And I have my reasons!!!
i like that.
Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 13, 2012
Yes. I wouldn't hold that against someone. Learning is not restricted to the classroom.

1 Like

Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by ciphoenix: 2:05pm On Sep 13, 2012
another question. What If He Has a HND?
Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 13, 2012
jhydebaba: Did you mean engine oil, palm oil or groundnut oil seller?
she wanted to say groundnut oil
Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by FrenchyL(m): 2:59pm On Sep 13, 2012
Hello All,
i used to talk and think that i was NEVER get married to a lady who didn't have a university degree until i met my wife. I honestly don't think i would have met any woman who completes me in every way. She is still in one of the Universities in the UK, doing an online course and working. The twist to it is that she earns much much than myself but yet very humble. The summary of my contribution to this thread is that UNIVERSITY DEGREES DON'T MAKE A GOOD WIFE OR HUSBAND,what you should look out for is understanding and compatibility on most levels. smiley smiley

5 Likes

Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by Mynd44: 3:14pm On Sep 13, 2012
What is the big deal in a university degree?

1 Like

Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by Claus(m): 3:16pm On Sep 13, 2012
Maybe it's a Naija thing, and possibly something to do with the climate the current generation lives in.

My dad didn't go to university, but still rose to become one of the first Nigerian partners in one of the big 4 accounting firms in the 1970's. He had A-Levels and obviously the chartered accountancy qualification.

I don't know if the current climate in Nigeria would allow people to achieve the same now without a degree, maybe it's possible. It's still possible here in England.

Personally, I would say that making an absolute statement like "I can't marry someone who didn't go to university" is a bit simplistic.

Nigerians do love educational qualifications though. That's for sure.
Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by Claus(m): 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2012
FrenchyL: Hello All,
i used to talk and think that i was NEVER get married to a lady who didn't have a university degree until i met my wife. I honestly don't think i would have met any woman who completes me in every way. She is still in one of the Universities in the UK, doing an online course and working. The twist to it is that she earns much much than myself but yet very humble. The summary of my contribution to this thread is that UNIVERSITY DEGREES DON'T MAKE A GOOD WIFE OR HUSBAND,what you should look out for is understanding and compatibility on most levels. smiley smiley

True talk. A doctor friend of mine married a girl without a degree. She's currently enrolled in a part time course and should finish soon. The real koko of the story is that she works in an investment bank, earns a VERY good salary and my interactions with her show me she's very cultured.

Again, I think the Naija scenario may be different. Most high profile jobs probably wouldn't look at someone without a degree, and I guess that reflects how the general population also looks at people without degrees.

SIGH!
Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by vivianc(f): 4:34pm On Sep 13, 2012
Its different strokes for different folks, it doesn't make anyone stupid or myopic! What works for u might not work for other people. Wisdom is natural, knowledge is not!!!!! Knowledge in impacted.
I'm someone who has been on both sides and I see a huge gap between these two.
Before I went to the university on the side of wisdom but I mistook it to be knowledge. I was gainfully employed, smart, intelligent, could speak and write English very well, mingled with professional both foreign and local and interacted with them, I had plenty life experiences coupled with the fact that I was a senior staff in the company. No one knew my educational level and qualification...trust me then I didn't see any difference between me and a university graduate, to me it was overrated!!!
But the moment I stepped in the university I realized the difference, my experiences started making sense to me and I understood why most things happened the way they did. I started defining situations not in a layman's way but in a professional way. The only advantage I had was being able to match my life and working experiences with what I was being thought! My horizon widened, my wisdom was enhanced and my perception about life changed!!!! Knowledge got me there not wisdom!!!!! I improved both in character and in learning, no wonder knowledge is power!!!!!! And this knowledge was impacted in me in the university classrooms, not by my mother or experiences!
So university education is not overrated!!!! Will I marry a man that did not go to school no matter how much he controls? Hell no! (Neither will I condition him to do so because he wants to marry me) We definitely won't reason this same way, he won't look at situations the way I do! That will bring some difficulties which might result to insecurities( which I have witnessed in most marriages like this), I want us to move on the same pace.
So if u can marry someone that is rich, wise but not educated good for u, its ur choice not mine!

2 Likes

Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by Mynd44: 4:57pm On Sep 13, 2012
I still maintain my stance
Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by DExplorer1: 5:13pm On Sep 13, 2012
This thread go good for frontpage.
Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by deeteeneey(f): 6:41pm On Sep 13, 2012
k2039: The question reversed.
I cant even marry a girl with only Bsc,
Minimum of Msc

We are all professors in my family.

It's just a family standard
u wish
Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by Valemodi(f): 8:55pm On Sep 13, 2012
Ive learnt alot..its actuali an open ended ?.cz d likes of bill gate,our dangote didnt av a Bsc. @d oda end i concur dt educatn builds self esteem.guys witout it often fil insecure. D bottom line is dt in Nigeria everybdy is lukng 4 some form of basic security 2cling to cz of d poverty level..in al it is well
Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by KINGwax(m): 10:21pm On Sep 13, 2012
vivian chinaza:
when you're nearing 30, u'll become born again. Attending every church program. And when you're dead, hold your certificate cos it's a gate pass to heaven. U heard?
Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by ciphoenix: 10:28pm On Sep 13, 2012
KINGwax: when you're nearing 30, u'll become born again. Attending every church program. And when you're dead, hold your certificate cos it's a gate pass to heaven. U heard?
you know, it all boils down to choice
Re: Ladies-can U Marry A Guy Witout A University Degree. by Valemodi(f): 10:41pm On Sep 13, 2012
I like d fact vivian has ha standard....it shd b respectd.she shdnt dance it ur opinon Mr.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help!!! Is This Girl Possessed With A Marine Spirit? / I Need A Husband. / Okirika Festival In Nigeria Where Young Virgins Dance N3ked - Toktok9ja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.