Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? (16277 Views)

How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. / Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by CrazyMan(m): 2:02pm On Sep 21, 2012
Its obvious that most people start threads just for the fun of it...this argument has no basis.

Satan is a condemned creature...God's sufficient grace is for we humans as stated clearly in the bible. Therefore trying to bring a condemned creature like satan into that circle would be an act of sheer ignorance.

@poster...I would suggest that you read your bible properly and avoid exposing your cowdice publicly.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by safarigirl(f): 2:04pm On Sep 21, 2012
Area_boy:

Like you do with everything else that troubles your life! silly angry

think for yourself woman!!!
was tryna be sarcastic. Don't have a pastor, we call ours priests, never even been to the dude's office, and I'm not even a devout Christian, compared to most Nigerians. I do think for myself, I'm not a waste of brains.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 21, 2012
safarigirl: you must feel like a friggin' genius right now, dontcha?
oh.. i have another fan..

omoobasam: Have u ever seen 'muskeeto' with brain? According to ur name[b],it shows u are brainlessness,[/b]hahahahaha!
Lmao...
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by sweetcheecks(f): 2:08pm On Sep 21, 2012
musKeeto:
And you're not human?

Allow me to tell you what really happened that day.

You see Lucifer was King, he was the one who created the heaven and earth and humans.. Yahweh gets jealous (thou shalt worship no other god before me for i am a jealous god)and usurps Lucifer in a bloody angelic battle..

But Lucifer was clever. He knew something like this could happen and had planted a tree of knowledge in the middle of the garden. Yahweh of course knows this, and warns Adam and Eve not to go near the tree.
Wise LUCIFER.. though he had lost his powers, he still could possess animals, and so he possessed the snake and was able to tell Eve the secret.. Eve immediately realised and told Adam. Adam ate and the truth was now clear. Since then both men and the devil have continued to suffer under the hands of the oppressor Yahweh...

Father forgive him for he knoweth not what he is doing/ saying. Amen!!!
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 21, 2012
sweetcheecks:
Father forgive him for he knoweth not what he is doing/ saying. Amen!!!
Which Father? The one that watched his son die like a thief on the cross? LOL...
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by damoobaba: 2:13pm On Sep 21, 2012
Evil Brain:

It says love your enemies and pray for them. There is no special provisions for non-human enemies. It doesn't qualify the term enemies and therefore there are no exemptions. The bible repeatedly refers to the devil as the adversary and also does not qualify the term in any way so I don't know where you are getting this idea of the devil not being a direct enemy.

Even in religion and superstition, you still need to apply logic when you are analyzing your holy books. You can't just make up an explanation out of thin air every time there is some contradiction in your beliefs. This kind of faulty logic is the reason why atheists look down on you people. You don't seem to know how to think.
Oya listen Mumu,Satan íڪ τ̣̣ђё number one enemy of God.He has been banished to eternel destruction by God aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ for that reason seeks to destroy anythin made by God specifically 'Humans'.Its a God vs Satan (Good vs evil,Light vs darkness) war and its left for you to decide whose side you are ON. John 10:10. Remember satan cannot change,that's who it/he íڪ. You either choose eternal life or destruction in hell,its left to you.I pray God help you.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by sweetcheecks(f): 2:15pm On Sep 21, 2012
musKeeto:
Which Father? The one that watched his son die like a thief on the cross? LOL...

@topic, Jesus was talking about you.

He knew you will choose to be silly not becouse of your doing but becouse of misplaced anger.
He still loves you. So do I. Have a great weekend Mus!!
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Debokan: 2:16pm On Sep 21, 2012
Jenwitemi: Well, if your god can't manage to love his own enemy(even he having an enemy is an embarrassment to his supposed lofty devine status), why should you? Are you better than your god? Of course you are not. wink

I dont know the god you refer to but our God does not make any His enemy. Satan or the devil on his own volition made himself an enemy of God and His people. We should know here that one can love a person but cant be the person's friend. You can love satan but dont fraternise with him.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 21, 2012
damoobaba:
Oya listen Mumu,Satan íڪ τ̣̣ђё number one enemy of God.He has been banished to eternel destruction by God Α̲̅Ω̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ for that reason seeks to destroy anythin made by God specifically 'Humans'.Its a God vs Satan (Good vs evil,Light vs darkness) war and its left for you to decide whose side you are ON. John 10:10. Remember satan cannot change,that's who it/he íڪ. You either choose eternal life or destruction in hell,its left to you.I pray God help you.
Sorry abeg, who create Satan, no be mumu Yahweh.. if angel no enter heaven, you think say dust like you according to your Bible go enter?

Na only Yaweh and im stubborn pikin Jesu Christi go dey heaven with all those mansions and gold.. lmao..

Make una dey earth dey deceive una sef..
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 21, 2012
sweetcheecks:

@topic, Jesus was talking about you.

He knew you will choose to be silly not becouse of your doing but becouse of misplaced anger.
He still loves you. So do I. Have a great weekend Mus!!
You too dear.. nice to know you love me.. grin embarassed
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by AyaSammy(f): 2:18pm On Sep 21, 2012
musKeeto: and if foolish Yahweh is indeed God, when we die, he shall be forced to give account for his sin of unforgiveness...

Who will God give account to? You.
I laugh out loud, you must be a big joker, i hiss.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Bolarge1(m): 2:19pm On Sep 21, 2012
YOUR ENEMIES MENTIONED IN THE BIBLE ARE PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT SATAN HAS BEEN USING TO OPPRESS YOU.

ITS A PITY THAT SATAN IS USING THEM AS TOOLS FOR DESTRUCTION.

IF YOU ARE NOT AMONG THE WEAPONS OF DESTRUCTION YOU ARE VERY LUCKY.

SO PRAY AND LOVE YOUR ENEMIES SO THAT THEY CAN BE OUT OF THE BONDAGE OF WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION AND MAKE HEAVEN LIKE YOU WISH TOO.

Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by cheddarking(m): 2:19pm On Sep 21, 2012
Wouldnt it be funny if Jesus, Buddha and Mohammed were smoking Cigars in Heaven and laughing about whats going on in the world today?

Jesus: Oboi see as them whoze that Christian there...and the Guy dey turn the other Cheek. Choiii!!

Mohammed: No mind am jare, These guys no know say we just dey Joke those days...where all these Boko Haram wan see virgin? For where I dey? Abi them really believe say I go Bleep, remain?

Buddha: I tire o...See my chinese guys dey form Shaolin Monk for temple...instead make them collabo with Igbo boys dey pirate Iphone5

Sharp Guys grin grin
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Lovine: 2:19pm On Sep 21, 2012
How else do you want to prove your love for Satan, many of us love Satan and even obey him. Ask me how? We fornicate, we cheat, we kill, we commit adultery, we hate our neighbors, 419, destruction, kidnapping, bombing, etc. When we keep on doing these are more we show our love to him because it is his character. Do you disagree?

2 Likes

Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Lenny5000(m): 2:20pm On Sep 21, 2012
stepo707: Matt 5:44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you.It happens that satan happens to be our enemy.So guys what do you think?

Is Satan a human being? Is he a physical being?
The verse you quoted is referring to a human being, somebody you meet or interact with..your neighbor etc and not a Spiritual being that you have never seen before. Bless
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 21, 2012
k2039: God is talking about people

Satan is not a direct enemy, though. He is not for us to love or hate, but to avoid and ignore

However Satan is doomed for hell anyway,so it doesnt matter.

High Five wink
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by DollyParton1(f): 2:24pm On Sep 21, 2012
Satan is an adversary who accuses us before God. Jesus came to die for us on the cross, so as to give us life in abundance, that's why he is seating at the right hand of God, interceding for us
Who then will condemn us? No one--for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God's right hand, pleading for us. Romans 8:34

The instructions on how to deal with satan was clearly written in the Bible.
So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.James 4:7
Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.1 Peter 5:9
We are to stand firm in our faith and resist him in whatever way he may be coming to us or tempting us, he is strong yea, but he can not overcome the christian that resist him in the name of Jesus and his overcoming blood.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by princeonx: 2:25pm On Sep 21, 2012
musKeeto: and if foolish Yahweh is indeed God, when we die, he shall be forced to give account for his sin of unforgiveness...

Blood of Jesus! shocked
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by MrLee(m): 2:28pm On Sep 21, 2012
Satan is our enemy but he is as well as death, so can u love Mr death? John 10:10
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by pneumaticos(m): 2:29pm On Sep 21, 2012
to all mumus ,dark brains and non believers in the house ,the devil is not our (we humans) enemy .lucifer is an enemy to God..i couldnt explain any further to u cos babes ,mumus ,dark spirits cant understand
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by EvilBrain1(m): 2:30pm On Sep 21, 2012
nedu2000: so how should the love for d devil b shown?is it by doing his bidding?.......doing dat would imply showing hatred 2 our fellow humans

Do you love the Boko Haram people? How come you haven't shown it by doing their bidding and killing some infidels?

Your argument is invalid.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by princeonx: 2:32pm On Sep 21, 2012
musKeeto:
Seriously bros are you saying all this for fun? Cux it's not! But if that's exactly how you feel, then we (NL) can't help cux you need divine healing/help.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by princeonx: 2:33pm On Sep 21, 2012
Evil Brain:

Do you love the Book Haram people? How come you haven't shown it by doing their bidding and killing some infidels?

Your argument is invalid.

Auchhh! But on point!
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Jyde89: 2:37pm On Sep 21, 2012
tobechi74: I lov satan. I love devil .i love lucifer. I love muhamed. I lov amadioha and sogo. I lov atheist.
God have mercy on your blind soul.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by princeonx: 2:38pm On Sep 21, 2012
Make sence especially coming from a "CrazyMan" lol
vvvv

CrazyMan: Its obvious that most people start threads just for the fun of it...this argument has no basis.

Satan is a condemned creature...God's sufficient grace is for we humans as stated clearly in the bible. Therefore trying to bring a condemned creature like satan into that circle would be an act of sheer ignorance.

@poster...I would suggest that you read your bible properly and avoid exposing your cowdice publicly.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by FlexyGy(m): 2:38pm On Sep 21, 2012
[quote author=mikuz]
that is to say love ur physical enemies.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 21, 2012
Na lie. satan wicked pass our enemies lipsrsealed undecided
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by EvilBrain1(m): 2:40pm On Sep 21, 2012
damoobaba:
Oya listen Mumu,Satan íڪ τ̣̣ђё number one enemy of God.He has been banished to eternel destruction by God aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ for that reason seeks to destroy anythin made by God specifically 'Humans'.Its a God vs Satan (Good vs evil,Light vs darkness) war and its left for you to decide whose side you are ON. John 10:10. Remember satan cannot change,that's who it/he íڪ. You either !choose eternal life or destruction in hell,its left to you.I pray God help you.

The devil isn't God's "number one enemy". The bible says he was created by god and rebelled. So he's just a child of god who has fallen into sin just like you.

If you'd bothered to read the bible a little you would know this already.

Mumu.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by searchcorp(m): 2:41pm On Sep 21, 2012
Firstly, I'm a christian!!!

You see, I read thru all the comments here and came to the conclusion that everybody here seems to think the Devil was once Lucifer.

Nows that's a lie!!!

Lucifer was just the king of Babylon. Nowhere in the bible relates him directly to satan.

Please look at Jesus and Satan this way. There are two kingdoms; Kingdom of Light and Kingdom of Darkness. Jesus is the King of the Light Kingdom, while the Devil is the King of the Darkness kingdom.
Light is life, darkness is death, as it is often used interchangeable in the bible.

What was the blessing and curse in the garden of eden (life and death).

What was the first thing ever created. Light and Darkness.

Mind you the bible says "and God saw that the light was good" inotherwords, darkness isn't good.

So we christians have been translated into the kingdom of Light from the kingdom of darkness.

We have NO business at all with the devil. Whether love or hate. We don't even see him at all, he can't accuse us or access us again.

The accusser of the brethen (the one who accused job) has been defeated by Jesus.

Its a pity most xtians have no clue what really took place on the cross.

NB: the word devil means accusser.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by princeonx: 2:44pm On Sep 21, 2012
tobechi74: I lov satan. I love devil .i love lucifer. I love muhamed. I lov amadioha and sogo. I lov atheist.
Your name Tobechi means praise God! Why not have a name change then? Walking naked on the street or posting a nude picture of your m.0m will get you more attention than the above bs!

1 Like

Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 21, 2012
searchcorp:
Its a pity most xtians have no clue what really took place on the cross.

What happened on the cross was a major 419, if u believe in the Bible...
If JESUS, the crook, knew he would be resurrected, then what exactly was he 'sacrificing'.. if u tell me say u fit resurrect me, omo, e get plenty things i go do o...

Either that or Jesus was a theif/criminal and got hung on a bloody cross like all the others...
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Starboi10: 2:49pm On Sep 21, 2012

Dnt eva insult God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Muslims Curse Jews And Christians 17 Times Each Day As Part Of The Salat / Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism / N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.