Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? (16299 Views)

How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. / Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Bzoe(f): 1:54pm On Sep 22, 2012
Delafruita:
how about the reality of the fact that humans are also doomed to hell.
humans are not doomed to hell. Even hell is made for devil alone not human but those dat do not accept Christ will av to join him there
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by nwabuife: 1:54pm On Sep 22, 2012
k2039:

I didnt want to respond to your post initialy because of the perversity of your own heart? You seek to condemn God to justify yourself.

Job 32:8 “But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.”
You just dont take the bible out of context,you examine the context in which scriptures are written,not taking a verse out of isolation and connoting your own meaning to it

Matthew 5:44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you
Matthew 5:44 is an extention of sermon on the mount.
The Sermon on the Mount is, in short, a body of moral teaching characterized by an emphasis on sincere devotion to God, and a corresponding heartfelt benevolence toward others(human).
In the same verse, Jesus goes on to expand His list of hostiles: "Bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you."(it is obvious He was talking about human enemies).
You should read the whole sermon on the mount to understand the context of everything Jesus said not isolating one and connoting your bias meaning to it

In the context of Matthew 5, when Jesus said, "Love your enemies," He was discussing our relationship with our fellow man and not with Satan.

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your [b]adversary [/b]the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour
I checked the dictionary now and realise adversary means opponent,but some other translations wrote 'your enemy the devil'.

Satan cant return to his place,so in anger he wants to take as many of God's people with him to hell.
It is worthy to note that even the devil cannot "make" anyone do anything. He can coerce, entice, and mislead a person to rebel against God, but cannot force anyone to do so.
The devil hates God and he wants everybody to join him, He does not want anybody to follow God,yes in that context he is our enemy.
Am sending u among wolves so be wise as serpent and yet be HARMLESS AS A DOVE(LOVE) so much love d bible. Be wise and Be harmless
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Classicalman(m): 10:02pm On Sep 22, 2012
stepo707: Matt 5:44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you.

It happens that satan happens to be our enemy.So guys what do you think?
Don't blaspheme with that question. Jesus came to the world in the 1st place to save us from the clutches of satan and give us salvation. Satan is our eternal enemy because he is also an eternal enemy to God almighty.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Classicalman(m): 10:11pm On Sep 22, 2012
Delafruita:
how about the reality of the fact that humans are also doomed to hell.
Your Perdition (acceptance of hell) amazes me. My advise to you is to go on your knees and ask God for forgiveness. Accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and saviour. I may also wish to inform you, incase you don't already know, that Jesus has paid for our sins by dying on the cross. It is now up to you and me to follow his teachings in order to make heaven.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nnamdi1195(m): 12:30am On Sep 23, 2012
Jesus was not wrong when he told his disciples to love their enemies and even to pray for them. Let us not forget that we have two kinds of enemies: enemies that are operating at the physical realm and the ones that operate in the spiritual realm. Jesus knew quite well that our physical enemies were being empowered or controlled by the spiritual ones. So, Jesus was talking about their fellow human beings who were in one dispute or the other with them. Besides, Jesus did not give his disciples the prayer point for their enemies and so it will be wrong for us to assume that we should pray for our enemies to die or to live. But your enemy may be your neighbour(as in most cases). So, you ought to love your neighbour as yourself which is a biblical injunction.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by joe4christ(m): 6:56pm On Sep 23, 2012
stepo707: Matt 5:44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you.

It happens that satan happens to be our enemy.So guys what do you think?

You sounded more like a satanist. Truth be told!
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by stepo707: 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2012
joe4christ:

You sounded more like a satanist. Truth be told!
oh really.how about the fact that i just wand people to just reason.Anyway the answer was already answered from page 1.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by okpurukata(f): 9:21pm On Sep 23, 2012
We truly Love our enemies and are praying for them. This applies to all Christian denominations including those shouting fall and die. If not, why has no Christian walked up or driven into a mosque with bombs, to fight back our current day enemies Boko Haram !!!!!!
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by ezicat: 9:48pm On Sep 23, 2012
grin

seeking@truth:
If we love satan he will repent and if he repents there would be no job for pastors
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by CrazyMan(m): 6:31am On Sep 24, 2012
God created Satan as one of the best and most beautiful angels, but instead of being thankful, Satan became proud.

He thought he was better than everyone, even God.  Instead of loving God and doing what God planned, Satan began to fight God and tried to get other angels to sin.

The problem isn’t that God will not forgive Satan; the problem is that Satan will not stop fighting God. Even now he tries to get people to sin.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by TheBigUrban2: 8:23am On Aug 03, 2014
Deep

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Storms Abuja For Partners, Sons & Daughters Night / Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? / Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.