Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? (16289 Views)

How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. / Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by DICKtator: 1:12pm On Sep 21, 2012
What if Satan is the depiction of the prodigal son in the bible?
He returns and ask for forgiveness and he is forgiven?
I know some people that would go to "HELL"(pun intended) if this is so!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by dasparrow: 1:17pm On Sep 21, 2012
stepo707: Matt 5:44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you.

It happens that satan happens to be our enemy.So guys what do you think?

I think the bible means human enemies not principalities and powers in higher places to whom satan belongs.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 21, 2012
Ur visible enemy ... Wake up
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by donyj: 1:19pm On Sep 21, 2012
Satan is not our enemy, he is our adversary and i think we ar to war against our adversaries..... thats my opinion.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Daare: 1:20pm On Sep 21, 2012
RESIST the devil and he will flee from you. He never said love the devil.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by akpunku1: 1:20pm On Sep 21, 2012
Yes the devil is an enemy, the bible made it clear that we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers.

So love your humanly enemies and wrestle against principalities and powers, Satan inclusive.

Thanks.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 21, 2012
Satan is irredemnable.he has been destined for everlasting destruction.the essense of loving our human enemies is to make them to change.
k2039: God is talking about people

Satan is not a direct enemy, though. He is not for us to love or hate, but to avoid and ignore

However Satan is doomed for hell anyway,so it doesnt matter.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by kennz(f): 1:25pm On Sep 21, 2012
Satan is a direct enemy of God. He challenged God's sovrenty nd thus be God's worst enemy. Bt Jesus statement is refering to humans who believ dey hav enemis cos we pipul pray,dey wish God kill dia enemis. So deyz difrence btw satan bein our enemy nd humans bein our enemy
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Gonzaga1010(m): 1:29pm On Sep 21, 2012
Hmmm! 4 me i will not oh!
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by tsharp(m): 1:29pm On Sep 21, 2012
The idea is to emphasize the value of love to our spiritual quest. Every sane person knows to be wary of their enemies.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 21, 2012
stepo707: Matt 5:44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you.

Satan is our true enemy, the enemies referred to there are people created by God. You should love those that offended you and those you quarreled with. A life of love is the ultimate life. When you love to people, they become repentant but the devil is unrepentant.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nabenj(f): 1:37pm On Sep 21, 2012
Satan is not loveable and we are asked to love "man" not "demons" or the devil
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by francis247(m): 1:39pm On Sep 21, 2012
Evil Brain:

Whether or not I'm a Christian or not is irrelevant. You haven't been able to refute my post so my point stands and the question remains.

If we are supposed to love our enemies, are we not to love Satan? Try and come up with a better answer, but this time apply logic.
His answer is based on simple logic @k2039. Satan in the beginning existed as Lucifer alongside God. Out of rebellion, carved out his own kingdom against God. Now satan use humans as his agent of destruction. These humans are whom according to the bible, we are to love and pray for to repent.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by successmen: 1:42pm On Sep 21, 2012
IS FACEBBOOK FOR SALE? FOR DETAILS VISIT e-childtrust.com
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Areaboy2(m): 1:43pm On Sep 21, 2012
francis247: His answer is based on simple logic @k2039. Satan in the beginning existed as Lucifer alongside God. Out of rebellion, carved out his own kingdom against God. Now satan use humans as his agent of destruction. These humans are whom according to the bible, we are to love and pray for to repent.

That logic is flawed unfortunately. It seems Christians only make excuses for God when they have to, other times they just say "God knows best"

I'm surprised i dont see that response here. Rather someone trying to reason what a mess the contradictions in the bible causes?

The more you ask questions, the more you know
The more you know, the smaller god becomes undecided
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 21, 2012
francis247: His answer is based on simple logic @k2039. Satan in the beginning existed as Lucifer alongside God. Out of rebellion, carved out his own kingdom against God. Now satan use humans as his agent of destruction. These humans are whom according to the bible, we are to love and pray for to repent.
And you're not human?

Allow me to tell you what really happened that day.

You see Lucifer was King, he was the one who created the heaven and earth and humans.. Yahweh gets jealous (thou shalt worship no other god before me for i am a jealous god)and usurps Lucifer in a bloody angelic battle..

But Lucifer was clever. He knew something like this could happen and had planted a tree of knowledge in the middle of the garden. Yahweh of course knows this, and warns Adam and Eve not to go near the tree.
Wise LUCIFER.. though he had lost his powers, he still could possess animals, and so he possessed the snake and was able to tell Eve the secret.. Eve immediately realised and told Adam. Adam ate and the truth was now clear. Since then both men and the devil have continued to suffer under the hands of the oppressor Yahweh...

2 Likes

Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by blumail: 1:47pm On Sep 21, 2012
musKeeto: and if foolish Yahweh is indeed God, when we die, he shall be forced to give account for his sin of unforgiveness...

Haba!, even if you don't believe in God, must you insult His person. Dont you know that you shouldn't insult what you don't understand. Remember: on the last day Ignorance will NOT be an EXCUSE!

1 Like

Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by adefash(m): 1:49pm On Sep 21, 2012

who say make u no like am? Like am now! He is your enemy and u must like am.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 21, 2012
akpu nku: Yes the devil is an enemy, the bible made it clear that we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers.

So love your humanly enemies and wrestle against principalities and powers, Satan inclusive.

Thanks.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by ijawkid(m): 1:49pm On Sep 21, 2012
Ubenedictus: i know a xtian wu said he didnt hate satan, satan is d instrument God uses to test us. In essence satan has his purpose. Just dont follow him and praying for him is useless.

I think I know who ur talking about.....lmao.....
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Areaboy2(m): 1:50pm On Sep 21, 2012
^^ LOL at Musketoo

As far as I know, God and Satan are having a dispute and satan is being the bigger fcking man! God is the one writing sh1t about satan and saying all sorts of evil about him and the devil has said nothing so far. So we can conclude who is immature here. I guess we should all wait to hear Satan Side of the story before we jump to conclusions cheesy

Jim Jefferies **

3 Likes

Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 21, 2012
@stepo707 nice talk. never ever thought about that.

but truth be told, imagine what would happen if we where to love him.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 21, 2012
akpu nku: Yes the devil is an enemy, the bible made it clear that we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers.

Thanks.
I love this !
Devil has come to steal,kill and destroy . We have no business loving him but to flee away from anything that has to do with him.
Love devil at your own peril.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by safarigirl(f): 1:53pm On Sep 21, 2012
Evil Brain:

It says love your enemies and pray for them. There is no special provisions for non-human enemies. It doesn't qualify the term enemies and therefore there are no exemptions. The bible repeatedly refers to the devil as the adversary and also does not qualify the term in any way so I don't know where you are getting this idea of the devil not being a direct enemy.

Even in religion and superstition, you still need to apply logic when you are analyzing your holy books. You can't just make up an explanation out of thin air every time there is some contradiction in your beliefs. This kind of faulty logic is the reason why atheists look down on you people. You don't seem to know how to think.
the bible is one of the most twisted things you'll ever read. God has given each person a brain to interprete it's teachings as they see it, just, some brains have been invaded by dust and cobwebs, thereby prompting questions such as this. @OP, ask your pastor.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by HenryJosephs(m): 1:55pm On Sep 21, 2012
@ poster, if u don't av anyfn worthwhile to post, pls, go nd masturbate!
Even a 2 year old knows tht we ought to abhor d devil...
Better nd positive posts, anyone?
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Areaboy2(m): 1:56pm On Sep 21, 2012
safarigirl: the bible is one of the most twisted things you'll ever read. God has given each person a brain to interprete it's teachings as they see it, just, some brains have been invaded by dust and cobwebs, thereby prompting questions such as this. @OP, ask your pastor.

Like you do with everything else that troubles your life! silly angry

think for yourself woman!!!
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by CrazyMan(m): 1:56pm On Sep 21, 2012
kennz: Satan is a direct enemy of God. He challenged God's sovrenty nd thus be God's worst enemy. Bt Jesus statement is refering to humans who believ dey hav enemis cos we pipul pray,dey wish God kill dia enemis. So deyz difrence btw satan bein our enemy nd humans bein our enemy
Well said...
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Areaboy2(m): 1:57pm On Sep 21, 2012
Henry-Josephs:
@ poster, if u don't av anyfn worthwhile to post, pls, go nd masturbate!
Even a 2 year old knows tht we ought to abhor d devil...
Better nd positive posts, anyone?

y is this so? because you have been told to believe it? Has anyone ever bothered to hear d other side of the story?
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by CrazyMan(m): 1:57pm On Sep 21, 2012
casket:
I love this !
Devil has come to steal,kill and destroy . We have no business loving him but to flee away from anything that has to do with him.
Love devil at your own peril.
Seconded!

1 Like

Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by obithegreat(m): 1:58pm On Sep 21, 2012
Remember also that we were told to be as wise as the serpent? when you one, what do you naturally do first? Run? Try to killing it? or just wait for it to bite you, infect you with its poisonous venom, and then you pray for forgiveness later? so, it is good to avoid the bite first!
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by safarigirl(f): 2:00pm On Sep 21, 2012
musKeeto:
And you're not human?

Allow me to tell you what really happened that day.

You see Lucifer was King, he was the one who created the heaven and earth and humans.. Yahweh gets jealous (thou shalt worship no other god before me for i am a jealous god)and usurps Lucifer in a bloody angelic battle..

But Lucifer was clever. He knew something like this could happen and had planted a tree of knowledge in the middle of the garden. Yahweh of course knows this, and warns Adam and Eve not to go near the tree.
Wise LUCIFER.. though he had lost his powers, he still could possess animals, and so he possessed the snake and was able to tell Eve the secret.. Eve immediately realised and told Adam. Adam ate and the truth was now clear. Since then both men and the devil have continued to suffer under the hands of the oppressor Yahweh...

you must feel like a friggin' genius right now, dontcha?
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by omoobasam(m): 2:01pm On Sep 21, 2012
Have u ever seen 'muskeeto' with brain? According to ur name,it shows u are brainlessness,hahahahaha!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s TV Shut Over Tax Evasion / Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? / Warning! The Trumpet Is Fixing To Sound. JESUS Is Coming!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.