Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,325 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? (16294 Views)

How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. / Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Rhapsody1(f): 4:21pm On Sep 21, 2012
stepo707: Matt 5:44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you.

It happens that satan happens to be our enemy.So guys what do you think?
There is no where in the bible where we are told to love or hate angels. They are simply ministering spirits, God's messengers and yours too since any child of God has the Power of Attorney to act in Jesus' name. Satan is a fallen angel. Secondly, he is an enemy of the State (God's Kingdom of whom His children are citizens). He committed high treason and was banished from it. As a citizen of any country, you understand the difference between someone who hates just you for whatever reason and someone who hates your country and would not hesitate to BH it, right? Satan is in that category. You cannot pray for him to be saved or love him. He has been sentenced, to death. Christ is interested in how you treat your fellow human being, both citizens and potential citizens of His Kingdom and not His messengers, fallen or otherwise. Satan would have been your servant if not that he committed treason. Satan is not your direct enemy per se to merit or qualify the loving. He is an enemy of your State and he is not human.

1 Like

Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Jumong01(m): 4:23pm On Sep 21, 2012
thor.true questin
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Rick9(m): 4:23pm On Sep 21, 2012
[size=18pt][b]Jesus Christ, was talking about humans not Satan, We as Christians we owe Allegiance to our Lord, he alone we should fear and respect and be Loyal to . Our loyalties is with our Lord. His Enemies are our Enemies. His Friends are our friends.
God has declared satan as an enemy. So we 2 must do the same. [/size] [/b]

1 Like

Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by nedu2000(m): 4:24pm On Sep 21, 2012
Using d Bible as a reference,which says "if U̶̲̥̅̊ Love M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ U̶̲̥̅̊'ll keep my commandments" wouldn't dat imply to d devil as well,since we r talk about 2 spiritual beings?.......U̶̲̥̅̊ can't compare these beings with humans(boko haram et al),were just a pronouncemnt of love is good enough

1 Like

Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 21, 2012
musKeeto: and if foolish Yahweh is indeed God, when we die, he shall be forced to give account for his sin of unforgiveness...

Jesus is calling you, oh come, oh sinner come
Jesus will Offer Prayers for you Oh sinner come
Jesus will not let you be ashamed oh sinner come.

YOUR LOAD is heavy indeed Oh come,
Oh sinner come,
Jesus will remove your Load from you,
Ohb sinner come.

Today you should give your mind τ̅☺ him,
Oh sinner come,
Today you should give your Mind τ̅☺ him,
Oh sinner come.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by maninmood(m): 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2012
You would probably quote your lecturer or tutor out of context. Some people would rather place Albert Einstein above God. Why don't you stop getting yourself bothered about the ways bible was laid, and get over it. Remember the more you are trying to find the mystery of God and life, the more you will keep searching till your encephalon/brain gets blanked out.

1 Like

Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Kgdavid(m): 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2012
Dansadaumallam: But come to think of it, God created Satan whom we accuse all the time as being behind our woes, God:we have not seen ,Satan:we have not seen ,still we believe that what we do not know(satan) we must at least hate so that we will inherit a heaven allegedly promised by what we have not seen(God)
Today we hate satan with a passion that we can even kill to prove our commitment to the (vain) passion. That is what you see when someone will be praying for his presumed enemies(whom he never knew) to die while some will riot and kill on the hear-say of a cartoon in a foreign land.
If there be God...I have made mine a peaceful, loving and kind God of order and right thinking. If there be Satan...I have made mine a kind lovely, peaceful and understanding Satan.
Till when we stop helpless superstitions ,we will remain backward.

i partially dont even know why im lendin any credence to your post but you at least made me laugh...in the politically incorrect way one could laugh at an old man who was rambling off nonsense all the while thinking he was sane.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 21, 2012
shol:
Jesus is calling you, oh come, oh sinner come
Jesus will Offer Prayers for you Oh sinner come
Jesus will not let you be ashamed oh sinner come.

YOUR LOAD is heavy indeed Oh come,
Oh sinner come,
Jesus will remove your Load from you,
Ohb sinner come.

Today you should give your mind τ̅☺ him,
Oh sinner come,
Today you should give your Mind τ̅☺ him,
Oh sinner come.
Lmao...
Give my life to him then become a complete hypocrite... na.. he should have escaped the cross...
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Dansadaumallam(m): 4:38pm On Sep 21, 2012
But how come you asume someone or something is your greatest enemy just because it was written in a book. Same way you will also believe that when you kill an infidel, you are fighting for God. We mislead our thoughts always. Mind your own conduct and think less of an enemy you must hate 4 you to love God. Love yourself,family and all goodworks as thats the good of life.

day4: How can u show love 2 ur greatest enemy dat wants worship dat belong to Only true God 4 himself. Satan the d Devil has be condemed to everlating distruction. Revelation 20:10.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Rhapsody1(f): 4:45pm On Sep 21, 2012
FrontPageLawyer:

I disagree with you on this. It will amaze you to know there are people that do worst things than the devil, the devil kills one, they kill 10. Are you saying those people are already doomed for hell?
There is only one way to salvation, Jesus Christ. Believe in your heart that God raised Him from dead, confess with your mouth His Lordship over you, you are translated from darkness to light. The thief at the cross with Jesus got saved shortly before he died. It does not matter what he had done before then, today he is with Christ. Believe me, you will be shocked at the people who are making heaven, the seemingly rot of the society. Jesus came to seek and save the lost not people who feel they are good enough. If someone like say Hitler found this truth and confessed Christ before he died, he is cruising in heaven irrespective of what he had done. The only thing is that when you do get to heaven, there is another judgement, the judgement of your works while on earth and appropriate reward. He will lose out on the reward but he would have saved his soul. That was just an example. No disrespect meant.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by ajf(m): 5:08pm On Sep 21, 2012
k2039:

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9.
All things are possible for God. (Matt. 19:26)

From the two verses above it must be possible for all men to be saved
But you have to understand that God has made man in His own image. (Gen. 1:27) Man has a rational mind, a heart to love with, and a free will with which to choose. So it is possible for man to choose to reject God's offer of saving grace.
"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, NOR OF THE WILL OF THE FLESH, NOR OF THE WILL OF MAN, but of God." John 1:12-13

"I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life that you may live." Deuteronomy 30: 19.
God does not pre determine anyone to hell,He respects the free will that He has given us,we choose if we are going to hell or heaven.(even the devil was not pre determined to hell,he rebelled against God and he chose his path)

God does not EXEMPT us from the consequences of our own choices.

[s]how about the reality of the fact that humans are also doomed to hell[/s]
I am not doom for hell
There would have been no need for difficult choices if your God hadn't sent a certain powerful satan to disturb the people on earth...
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Billygee2u: 5:09pm On Sep 21, 2012
Evil Brain:

It says love your enemies and pray for them. There is no special provisions for non-human enemies. It doesn't qualify the term enemies and therefore there are no exemptions. The bible repeatedly refers to the devil as the adversary and also does not qualify the term in any way so I don't know where you are getting this idea of the devil not being a direct enemy.

Even in religion and superstition, you still need to apply logic when you are analyzing your holy books. You can't just make up an explanation out of thin air every time there is some contradiction in your beliefs. This kind of faulty logic is the reason why atheists look down on you people. You don't seem to know how to think.

HE MEANS PHYSICAL ENEMIES<(HUMANS).
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by searchcorp(m): 5:26pm On Sep 21, 2012
Dolly-Parton:

Really, so why did the bible tell us to resist him if we have no business with him again?

Lovely question sir.

Jesus christ told peter "satan, get thee behind me" what was he doing? He was ofcourse resisting the devil in peter. The devil came through Peter.

This is it, Jesus Christ didn't go about looking for satan's dwelling place so that he would rebuke him. No wonder paul said "for we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against ......." We don't have any business directly with Satan, but when he comes thru people (like some of the atheist on this thread) we should resist them.

See, I have one question for people claiming that satan was once an angel. Do angels have free will? How come he chose to disobey?

Do you know that the word lucifer is a latin word (not an hebrew word)? Its means, morning star, light bringer, son of the morning.
These titles belongs to Jesus "the bright and morning star, the daystar" the king of babylon then, wanted to take over that title, didn't u read of the tower of babel, where they said let's build ourselves a tower and a name.

That's the king isaiah was talking about.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by custodionaija: 5:32pm On Sep 21, 2012
Evil Brain:

It says love your enemies and pray for them. There is no special provisions for non-human enemies. It doesn't qualify the term enemies and therefore there are no exemptions. The bible repeatedly refers to the devil as the adversary and also does not qualify the term in any way so I don't know where you are getting this idea of the devil not being a direct enemy.

Even in religion and superstition, you still need to apply logic when you are analyzing your holy books. You can't just make up an explanation out of thin air every time there is some contradiction in your beliefs. This kind of faulty logic is the reason why atheists look down on you people. You don't seem to know how to think.
this is no surprise coming 4rm some1 bearing Evil brain
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by poweredcom(m): 5:38pm On Sep 21, 2012
stepo707: Matt 5:44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you.

Dis bible sef tire me oo -- I can imagine what the poster is also imagining ...haha well na true sef - dats to tell una the bible is partially correct
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by ajf(m): 5:49pm On Sep 21, 2012
Why can't God just finish satan and save us all this trouble...
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by nedu2000(m): 5:56pm On Sep 21, 2012
ajf: Why can't God just finish satan and save us all this trouble...
finish him & send him 2 where.....hell? undecided
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by basisop(m): 5:59pm On Sep 21, 2012
musKeeto:
come on sharrappppp!!!! Yahweh slave..

Thank God man is not God. I would have turned you to a pig.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:08pm On Sep 21, 2012
TypicaL....who eva the devil is,I don't care but what I know Is Iam For Christ and Iam not hanging on the fenceline.I received salvation and To hell with da devil wr he belongs.

1 Like

Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 21, 2012
basisop:

Thank God man is not God. I would have turned you to a pig.
thou fool, man is God.. and he created Yahweh in his own image: a selfish, jealous arsehole... so pls turn yourself into a pig... animal..
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:18pm On Sep 21, 2012
musKeeto:
thou fool, man is God.. and he created Yahweh in his own image: a selfish, jealous arsehole... so pls turn yourself into a pig... animal..
is that a fellow brother talking?u don't know wat christians should do and clearly has no clue on hw to address ur Brethren
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 21, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: is that a fellow brother talking?u don't know wat christians should do and clearly has no clue on hw to address ur Brethren
na wa o... ask Bella if Im a brother o..
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by searchcorp(m): 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2012
ajf: Why can't God just finish satan and save us all this trouble...

Lovely question. God bless you for daring to ask.
Adam was given authority over all, but then the devil took that power from him. Jesus came to restore us back to that place of power.

"Sit at my right hand until I make thy enemies thy footstool, ofwhich death is the last enemy that must be conquered"

Its the job of we christians to chase darkness(death, devil, demons, evil) out of this world, only then will christ come again.

Wait a minute are you saying there is no sudden rapture? "YES! That's exactly what I'm saying"

Peter said "christ whom heaven must receive until all things are restituted under him"

Its time for the church to come out of the closets and get that revival we have been praying for.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by vanstanzy(m): 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2012

Good question. But what the Holy Bible is actually saying is, Love those God Almighty loves, and despise those He despises, satan himself. Remember, our human enemies are actually under the influence of Gods enemy, the devil. For we do not battle with flesh and blood, but with principalities and powers in high places.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Fomaxcool: 6:23pm On Sep 21, 2012
I never knew there are some Atheist in NL.........m brother never waste ur saliver in tryin to convince one(him), you will end up writing a comprehensive Christian book that they will continue to discarding and questioning ur believe.........;check m facebook wall page , I end up making a big note trying to convince an atheist...

1 Like

Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 21, 2012
let us not argue-Jesus said love ur enemy and pray 4 those despitefully use you-we can nt explain dis correctly except we look at it from two perspective(1) Spiritual (2) Physical. Human is made of body, soul and Spirit. Satan is d direct eneny human ever had and human is d indirect enemy because it is control by direct enemy. Satan sometimes refer to as devil is not only a physical enemy in human but as well an enemy in the spiritual i.e enemy against d soul,body and spirit. Satan enemity is nt only against for d now( d body) but as well eternity(soul and Spirit) dis constitute d Spiritual. Physically,Imagaine someone fightin against d shadow, when he/she get hold of d shadow,he wil find nothing, d physial enemy(Human) is d shadow who is just appearng physical, he wil only last a while and we (christian) are suppose 2 b in d Spirit Jhn 4:34 and we knw dat we are nt fighting against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers in d high places. So we ar to love human enemy.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:27pm On Sep 21, 2012
Fomaxcool: I never knew there are some Atheist in NL.........m brother never waste ur saliver in tryin to convince one(him), you will end up writing a comprehensive Christian book that they will continue to discarding and questioning ur believe.........;check m facebook wall page , I end up making a big note trying to convince an atheist...
Wow!thank u for passing by and wrote this,wr is da mod?

Uv just closed the thread
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by ajf(m): 6:28pm On Sep 21, 2012
nedu2000: finish him & send him 2 where.....hell? undecided
Wherever! I don't care!! Isn't He the almighty?
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by KINGwax(m): 6:28pm On Sep 21, 2012
MsDarkSkin: yes, according to christian principles (though almost always contradicting each other) you are to love the imagined creature you all know as the devil.
you seriously are off point. Both you and the OP. When God said love thy enemies, y'all biliv the devil was an enemy? Can the devil force u to do anythin like stealing, fornicating and all dt? The bible said we shld rebuke the devil and he shall flee from us. A fact dt means he's not as powerful as we think. With our strong will, we cld decide to do the right thing as againist the devil's suggestion. I biliv our enemy, in which we alwys misconstrued as the devil is our own flesh dt the devil use in drawing us unto worldly things!
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by misreal(m): 6:34pm On Sep 21, 2012
Evil Brain:

u harsh oh cheesy
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Dukeofgarri: 6:54pm On Sep 21, 2012

It happens that Satan happens to be our enemy.So guys what do you think?
freewill, God gave us freewill. There are choices about Satan that u can make. choices are more than one, either two three or more. in this case, is it more than one? yes. two? yes. three? it depends. Since we all know the power of desire affects our choices that we make. Choosing to love satan or choosing not to love him, or simply ignoring him, solely depends on Ur desires.

If your desire is to justify evil, then sure you can love the devil.

Jesus said in John 3:20, “For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.”

How our choices can simply affect our desire for devil. If we dont love the light and the truth. Satan hated the truth, he did everything in his power to stop the work of Jesus. We all know the devil hated Jesus."john 15 vs 23 " he that hateth me hateth my father also". He wanted the Jesus to bow to him. the bible truly told us to love our enemies and pray for them, but devil is different for he has been sentenced to judgement. 1 John 3:8 we are told “for this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.”
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by digospel2: 6:56pm On Sep 21, 2012
please do not read the Bible only but also study. Loving your enemies is refering to fellow human beings and not spiritual beings. If Men offend you, forgive them and love them but if demons(devil) possess you bind them and cast them out. Remain blessed !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Storms Abuja For Partners, Sons & Daughters Night / Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism / Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.