Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,313 members, 7,819,066 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial (42331 Views)

Pastor Snatches Wife Of Church Member In Osun / MFM Pastor Batters Wife Of 17 Years For Opting Out Of Marriage (photos) / Help, A Married Woman Refuses To Leave My House, How Can I Send Her Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by babuji(f): 7:01am On Sep 16, 2012
I’m confused, overwhelmed, says Ajuonuma’s widow

People trickled into Harbour Point Events Centre, off Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos. Security personnel frisked all the guests. The mood was sober. 
It was the venue of a service of songs held yesterday for the late Dr. Levi Chibuike Ajuonuma, who died in the June 3 Dana Air plane crash.
An hour delay was needed to allow the “Abuja delegates” led by Petroleum Minister Diezani Alison-Maduekwe and Group Managing Director of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Andrew Yakubu, to join the congregation.
After a short prayer which started off the programme at 4:04pm, an eclectic praise-and-worship session followed. It featured songs from popular Nigerian languages, which lightened the mood, dispelling the moody ambience that earlier hung thick in the expansive hall.
From then on, the programme, save for when one of the deceased’s daughter, Mimi, broke down in tears while paying tribute to her dad, lived up to the theme of celebration.
Electrifying performances of the Mountain of Fire and Miracles (MFM) Orchestral, described by Mrs. Alison-Maduekwe as “angelic,” lit up the hall, ensuring those wearing long and heavy faces only have to do so for a moment.
A short documentary on “Livi,” as the deceased was fondly called by associates and family, also played its part in lessening people’s grief by portraying Levi as a vivacious, fulfilled and accomplished person who lived his life to the fullest.
The documentary described Levi as a critic of fuel subsidy removal, which he later defended. But when ask why he changed his view, he was quoted as saying, “It is easy to criticise when you are outside but when you are inside and know the truth, it is easy to change your view.”
The homily would have allowed people the needed time to grief while remembering glimpses of Levi’s interaction with them but Pastor Kehinde Adegbolahan, MFM’s Assistant General Overseer, delivered a poignant and perhaps, the shortest one in such a service, lasting less than 10 minutes.
“The most important thing is not the question of why God allowed it but the life lived. One thing I noticed in his life was that he was a prayer warrior. One day, we too will go the way our brother has gone. How are we living the life God has given us?” he said.
 Justifying the theme, he said: “Many people died without making any impact and they are buried in an unknown grave. Our brother is in heaven. He died having made great impact.”
Mrs. Alison-Maduekwe, who wrapped up her tribute with a song, described Levi as ‘a consummate professional’ loved by everybody.’
She said: “When I walked into OPEC headquarters a few months ago, everybody knew him and shared their pain. Therefore, it is a great loss. If we know how beautiful the place Levi has gone is, perhaps, we will be killing ourselves but thank God for keeping that secret from us until we cross to the other side.”
A representative of NNPC’s Group Public Affair Division said: “Though, he was with us for less than 10 years, his impact exceeded that of 30 years. His impact is felt even in far away Warri where I was before moving to Abuja, especially when we needed to redeem the image of the corporation.”
Levi, whose favourite quotes as stated by his wife included “know God for yourself, learn how not to react but act,” was born on December 2, 1959 in Enugu, the last of six children. His father is a native of Ideato South in Imo State. He was married with eight children, four boys and four girls. 
His widow Josephine  said: “There are not many words that can express this excruciating pain and the hole that will forever be in my heart. I am confused and overwhelmed at the thought of never seeing you again.”
His daughter, Mimi, said: “Family devotions will never be the same again. I never thought this day would come so soon and in the way it did. I cannot imagine what my life would be without my dad, when he had been there for me my entire life.
“They say you do not know what you got until it is lost. The truth is you knew what you had, you just never knew you would lose it. Mimi, he is that person that will always show up.”
Another of his daughters, Sarah, said: “Even though he was very light hearted, he had a serious side, which he needed to raise his eight children. I will never forget the time we spent together, even though it ended far too soon. Strong work ethics.”
For Obinna Levi Ajuonuma Jr.,  “the last moments we shared were victory moments. So, regardless of whatever the devil wants to say and do, we won! I walked across that stage and you live to witness my graduation. I will forever give that testimony.” 
 His son, Michael, noted: “I am going to miss your Bible readings and your voice during praise and worship. I am going to miss our current affairs talks. I am going to miss updating you on the latest craze. I am going to miss seeing your name on the celly as incoming call. I could not have asked for a better earthly father.
“Thank you for teaching me the power of humility, thank you for the physical, emotional, and financial security, thank you for stressing the importance of education, health, and exercise. I know you know how much I love you. I just wish I told you more often.”
His daughter, Becky, said: “ You were always a blessing to those around you and lived your life for God and because of this, I know you are in a place where everyone dreams of going, heaven. You laid the Christian foundation for us and this I believe is one of the greatest gifts you have given us. Your life was a testimony that God is real and that we are nothing without God.”
For Debbie and Daniel, his children : “We never realised how much our father meant to us, until the day Dana Air Flight 992, a McDonnel Douglas MD-83 aircraft took him from us. When our parents are living, we feel that they stand between us and the cruel world and even death; but when they are gone, we find ourselves standing in the forefront of the battle line, to stand or fall alone, without their aid. We lost our motivation, but now we have to motivate ourselves. He explains the saying that bad things happen to good people.”
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by RoyalRoy(m): 7:02am On Sep 16, 2012
Kobojunkie:
. . . .says the eejit who attempted to push off his lies and delusions on God only minutes ago . . .
See what I mean? Kobojunkie, its like you derive some pleasure in arguing pointlessly. Well, my advice is you ƒσℓℓσω your OWN signature. It will help you!

2 Likes

Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by babuji(f): 7:03am On Sep 16, 2012
His widow Josephine  said: “There are not many words that can express this excruciating pain and the hole that will forever be in my heart. I am confused and overwhelmed at the thought of never seeing you again.”
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by timbros(m): 7:08am On Sep 16, 2012
Having gone through all the posts so far, i come to this conclusions:

OP na amebo for opening such a thread. You know them 'one on one', then why discussing them in a public forum like Nairaland? You asked a question in the original post then provided the answer in your next post. Why askin in the first place? Abi your mouth dey scratch you?
Ok, i hope u are enjoyin the lashing this family is receiving from Nairaland now?

Kobojunkie is making the most sensible comments so far (except the eejit and mor0n parts tho). Forget the argument part. He/she is making sense but u guys wont agree with him/her...
#ThumbsUp

Peace

3 Likes

Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by Reference(m): 7:10am On Sep 16, 2012
Royal Roy:
So you think everybody in life who you have wronged and didn't forgive you will give you a straight ticket to hell...even after you've done ur best to make ammendment? Well God doesn't work that way. If its that way then hell must be overflowing by now. Silly Assumptions from you!

I tell you. You hear wierd things on this forum every day. Please, people should not just bring God into this matter concerning her actions because He clearly orders you to forgive so that you too might be forgiven. Except we are speaking about other types of gods out there and we know a couple of them who don't do mercy.

1 Like

Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 7:14am On Sep 16, 2012
@Op.
Are u sure u r not one of the man's bedmates?
Cos i can't see why u r trying to weep more than the bereaved here. Or were u a wife aspirant before levi's demise? Pls lets know ur precise relationship with him.
Why were u lurking @ d airport @ dat hour? I dont trust u, u sound like u had or still have a sinister AGENDA for this family.

1 Like

Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by passionate88: 7:19am On Sep 16, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Good for your mum that she has tears to shed for the man . . . not everyone does. So should they go there to PRETEND because you believe in some fantasy last rite??

Na so Nigerians change tune the minute Yar adua died . .. . that's the kind of things you folks do. As soon as a man dies, he becomes a "saint" in your eyes . . never mind that even the Bible says as a man sows, so shall he reap. And before some dufus comes in to claim it is Biblical to FORCE people to attend this so-called 'last rites', my suggestion is that person better wash his/her face well when reading that book before deciding such nonsense is worth spewing.
thank u o my sister/brother.. Last wk wn dm post that runs babe wey die 4 aristo house.. People start to call her virgin mary.. Wn I reminded them abt on the location of where she was mudered and what she probably went there for, some peeps starting talking abt respect 4 d dead.. So they want us nw to show respect to the likes of anenih, clifford orji, any dead armed robbers, ritual killers, etc?
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by hakunamatata1: 7:21am On Sep 16, 2012
Kobojunkie:

You just attributed that claim you made to God but as soon as you were questioned, you decide to pretend you have no clue what is in question abi?

Stop attributing Nonsense to God . . . God does not play around with the wicked and He certainly does not promise them any peace. The only ones who go out of their way to promise wicked -people peace are people like you. I suspect that the reason why wickedness continues to thrive is people like you "cuddle" the wicked so that they are spared their comeuppance here on earth as a result. Wicked folks are supposed to have their bodies thrown to the wolves/dogs . . . at least that seems to be in line with what the Bible has in store for them , and not some yeye "last rite".
just wondering the colour of ur heart- pure Red or pitch Black? u r so vindictive, and winsomely unforgiving! even to the dead!!!
haba! retribution is God's duty. please leave it for him. if the dead was wicked while alive, dieing in such manner might just be enuff by God's standard... who knows?
i think the dead wld be happy in his grave that his wife didnt have ur heart afterall. for if u were his wife, he might have gotten d caustic soda treatment long b4 dana happened!
let the dead RIP!
p.s: i already know what ur rejoinder is. .. i wont be surprised.

4 Likes

Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 16, 2012
@op I can't help but reply to your post
I would advice you strongly to keep off other people' s business. People like you that call yourself insiders are the cause of many broken homes today.

You sit outside and judge people based on your wacked up societal beliefs and cracked mindsets mingled with your crazy beliefs of what a woman should do and not do.

I am really pissed off cos I am a widow myself and I had to contend with stupid insinuations from people like you who did not understand the first thing about the marriage.

If she truly chose not to attend, good for her, maybe she has not come to a state of true forgiveness. Forgiving a spouse that was been brutal to you takes a kind of strength only God can give and she alone has the choice on the length of time its going to take to achieve that.

ADViCE: face your life and leave the woman alone, she already has enough issues to last her a lifetime.

5 Likes

Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by ujchief(m): 7:23am On Sep 16, 2012
@kobojunkie, u're really having a hard time doing what ur signature adviced u not to do, such an irony!

2 Likes

Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by ogaemma: 7:23am On Sep 16, 2012
pushkin: His wife was & is still very bossy. That's why She didn't bother to come for his burial & didn't care what anyone said.debrief u knew dem from a distance but I know dem one on one. Am extremely close to livi & his kids so you too get ur facts right

You already know, why make a noise out of it? I do not blame you, I blame the admin who put this story on the front page.
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by Dejavu4life: 7:26am On Sep 16, 2012
Could it have been that the man didn't take care of his family when he was alive upon all the millions he was receiving from NNPC? The wife must have a reason and it must be a serious one. Well thank God d man has been burried. May his Soul RIP.
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by lastpage: 7:30am On Sep 16, 2012
Kobojunkie:

What exactly is suprising in this? Na by force to attend the burial of someone? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Do you know the dynamics of what happened in the marriage for her to reach this decision? Why do you feel, as an outsider, that it is your place to judge her action? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Why does she need to pretend for anyone?

So, if and when your own husband and father of your children dies, you will refer to him as "SOMEONE".....and not attend his burial?.....not even for the sake of your/his children?

Hmmmmmm......No wonder!

Lastpage!
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by elujah1(m): 7:37am On Sep 16, 2012
Kobojunkie: ^^ If the woman had been the one running out on him and all, would he have attended her burial? I can count on my more than just my two hands the burials of "abandoned wives" I have been to where the husband who abandoned them did not show up. In many more cases, when the woman abandons the husband, the husband moves on with his life as if she never really existed. So I am shocked that people here pretend there is some rule that women must show up for a man's burial as if it is written in stone somewhere.

You are right, but she should have still pretended and showed up at least.
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 7:40am On Sep 16, 2012
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:
@Op.
Are u sure u r not one of the man's bedmates?
Cos i can't see why u r trying to weep more than the bereaved here. Or were u a wife aspirant before levi's demise? Pls lets know ur precise relationship with him.
Why were u lurking @ d airport @ dat hour? I dont trust u, u sound like u had or still have a sinister AGENDA for this family.
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 16, 2012
Just registered on nairaland.details comin soon
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 16, 2012
Dejavu4life: Could it have been that the man didn't take care of his family when he was alive upon all the millions he was receiving from NNPC? The wife must have a reason and it must be a serious one. Well thank God d man has been burried. May his Soul RIP.
the thing weak my bone o! When a man is alive,you hear absolutely nothing about him.but the moment he dies and is about to be buried,so many shocking secrets starts filling the air.if its not about him having children outside wedlock,its about how he messed up his marriage,or how he was very wicked to people! this is a perfect example! I wouldn't blame levi's widow somehow.she has the right to do whatever she did.she must have been very hurt to act that way.but hey! We are all human.its unfortunate she didn't forgive the man while he was still alive and its too late now that he is dead.I pray the lord to grant him an eternal bliss even though he didn't live a worthy life.I also pray that the almighty will console the family especially the kids who are now fatherless.

1 Like

Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 16, 2012
buchibabe:

U know what? Arguing wit u is a waste of time. Iv read ur oda posts and can confirm what someone said dat u argue pointlesly. So I'm gonna save my replies for more matured responses. I'm off.
ah ah, you don't know kobojunkie? She's a lonely old woman who takes solace in nairaland by all means.

4 Likes

Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 16, 2012
lastpage:

So, if and when your own husband and father of your children dies, you will refer to him as "SOMEONE".....and not attend his burial?.....not even for the sake of your/his children?

Hmmmmmm......No wonder!

Lastpage!
yes na, no wonder she's a lonely hag.
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by lastpage: 7:51am On Sep 16, 2012
blink182: yes na, no wonder she's a lonely hag.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

No comment!

Lastpage!
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by bakila: 7:52am On Sep 16, 2012
@Op Amebo of the Cold Order that what you are, simple.
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 16, 2012
Kobojunkie:

What does that change in what I have posted? undecided undecided undecided undecided

A lot . . . if you want to reason!
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by ucheo: 7:53am On Sep 16, 2012
This kobojunkie must b a jobless house wife. Always have all the time to reply to all arguments n post. I bet ur husband doesnt know ur username in nairaland. Just keep it up

1 Like

Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 16, 2012
What is your business?Nigerians learn to mind your business.
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by penelope9: 7:59am On Sep 16, 2012
Royal Roy:
So you think everybody in life who you have wronged and didn't forgive you will give you a straight ticket to hell...even after you've done ur best to make ammendment? Well God doesn't work that way. If its that way then hell must be overflowing by now. Silly Assumptions from you!
I am not surprise that you do not know what am talking about.Kindly ask those that have had death experience and came back to life to tell you what they saw or ask God for a near death experience if you are not afraid and i know he will.Empty vessel.
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by buchibabe: 7:59am On Sep 16, 2012
blink182: ah ah, you don't know kobojunkie? She's a lonely old woman who takes solace in nairaland by all means.

I now know better o.
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by wonlasewonimi: 8:00am On Sep 16, 2012
Kobojunkie: ^^ If the woman had been the one running out on him and all, would he have attended her burial? I can count on my more than just my two hands the burials of "abandoned wives" I have been to where the husband who abandoned them did not show up. In many more cases, when the woman abandons the husband, the husband moves on with his life as if she never really existed. So I am shocked that people here pretend there is some rule that women must show up for a man's burial as if it is written in stone somewhere.

association of abandoned wives attending one another's burials lmao

2 Likes

Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by akpunku1: 8:03am On Sep 16, 2012
i am an Igbo, i don't know about other tribes but here i don't think there is an amount of 'wrong doings' that will make a wife to skip the husband's burial, else her life is being hunted at the village.

This goes a long way to explain the kind of wife she has been. I don't know them, infact i have to use google to come up to speed of who he was. But the wife has a hard mind and as someone said, her type can be very bossy. My mum wont do that and my fiance will not either...

Advice# marry someone with the heart of gold and not the face of gold, #justanadvice

1 Like

Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 16, 2012
OMO IBO: Threadstarter,

So this is how you air people you are supposedly close to in public. Right??

I mean, you actually want nairalanders to discuss levi ajuonuma and his wife on the pages of nairaland. And you say you know them 'one on one'. Seriously, you are a knobhead.

I tire for her o, hope she's got an answer to ur question.
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 16, 2012
divine2043: What is your business?Nigerians learn to mind your business.
Nairaland is all about not minding your business! Aprokology that's what makes NL what it is today.we no fit mind our business.na to chook mouth inside pesin matter na im sweet pass u hear?
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by MiracleChild: 8:10am On Sep 16, 2012
I totally understand what this woman is going through . No one knows what she has been tru for her to make such decision. No one know how him n his family treated her while he was alife.Why continue to pretent now. I just pray God heals d pain in her heart and d man RIP. It's not for us to judge, a lot of people are going tru a lot underneath d smiling faces u see daily.God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 16, 2012
SMH - nigerians and the love to discuss other peoples lives so that they can ignore or pretend about the rubbish going on in their own - to the person who started this topic - if you knew them so well why would you come on a public forum read by people around the world to let people start adding their 2 cents to the story.

gosh - if the wife does not want to attend that is her biz - there are some people in my life that i wouldn't even loose s second of sleep over if i heard they had died, and i also wouldn't attend their funeral.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Celebrates His Mother On Her Birthday, But See The Reactions He Got / Nairaland's Cutest Baby Contest / Share Your Childhood Craziest Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.