Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial (42297 Views)

Pastor Snatches Wife Of Church Member In Osun / MFM Pastor Batters Wife Of 17 Years For Opting Out Of Marriage (photos) / Help, A Married Woman Refuses To Leave My House, How Can I Send Her Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 16, 2012
mediainspired: I think those trying to hang d op for putting dis up here by using crude &uncouth words shuld slow down. Don't try to usurp God's role by being judgemental. Same for those arguing in circles. I believe d op is just trying to remind us dat LIFE IS TRANSCIENT &NO ONE SHULD LIVE AS IF THEY HAV A PATENT RIGHT TO IT. Life is a gift 4rm God &we all shuld use it well. If u live right,& @peace wit God &man (ur family, neighbours etc) or u decide to be cold &wicked, u're not REALLY doing anyone a favor or disservice. There is an after-life &we shuld all ponder on it, esp @funerals... EVERYONE U KNOW DAT HAS DIED IS EITHER IN HEAVEN OR HELL. Think about it.

No, the OP is here to peddle gossip. You don't open a thread asking for people's opinion on something you already know the answer to!

1 Like

Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by Nuzo1(m): 10:40am On Sep 16, 2012
@topic

Honestly, I don't think Levi's widow owes anyone of us any explanation on why she didn't attend her legally married husband's burial.
However, that should not stop anybody from discussing her business with Levi and thereby having different opinion on it. They are or were public figures, they reaped a lot from the public coffers and hence should be discussed publicly by those who wish to.

I'm undecided about her decision not to attend the burial as the info for the reason is not complete. From the other side looks malicious and baseless.

Things to know before we conclude:
1. What if she had wanted to attend the burial but the husband's kinsmen bared her from doing so? Should she have gone to hire a battalion of soldiers like others do?
2. What if she was given a condition of swearing to an oath before she could attend the burial?
3. What if she will be more heartbroken to witness the burial of the man she may have actually loved all her life? Some folks have gone crazy witnessing such.
4. Is it a crime not attend a loved one's burial?

On the other hand, regardless of how he may have treated her, she was still legally married to him and should have graced the burial. After all, I saw her and the kids at the burial service on TV on friday.
2. Nobody seem to have forced her to stay put in an abusive marriage, hence should have observed her final marital right to her late husband.
3. As she refused attending the burial, would she also refuse inheriting the man's money and assets in tune of billions of Naira.

News has it that the government froze Levi's accounts worth billions of Naira in a couple of Nigerian banks. This was as a result of his wife's reluctance to share the billions of Naira with the bank managers. They had no option than to report the loot to FG. "Its my husband's money!"

Once again, I don't think Mrs Levi owes anybody any explanation on why she didn't attend her late husbands burial. However, the nigerian public will keep airing their different opinions on this and maybe many more to unfold.
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by infolpf: 10:41am On Sep 16, 2012
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by pushkin(f): 11:26am On Sep 15
His wife was & is still very bossy. That's why She didn't bother to come for his burial & didn't care what anyone said.debrief u knew dem from a distance but I know dem one on one. Am extremely close to livi & his kids so you too get ur facts right

Interesting. If you are so close to the deceased and his kids, then why:
1) Did you misspell his name? LEVI, not "LIVI", and
2) Why air his dirty laundry out on Nairaland? Why not simply ask his wife this question directly, or other family members?

SMH.
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by abysirius(m): 10:43am On Sep 16, 2012
spicy v:

Oga Junkie pleeeease, quit this line θf argument! Obviously you know nathing about what you are arguing!
God bless u Spicy. I wonder how some pple reason. It's disappointing that any1 above 18 would think like him. Or Junkie, are u under age? Ur reasoning doesn't match-up at all.
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by elari(m): 10:43am On Sep 16, 2012
Kobojunkie: ^^ If the woman had been the one running out on him and all, would he have attended her burial? I can count on my more than just my two hands the burials of "abandoned wives" I have been to where the husband who abandoned them did not show up. In many more cases, when the woman abandons the husband, the husband moves on with his life as if she never really existed. So I am shocked that people here pretend there is some rule that women must show up for a man's burial as if it is written in stone somewhere.
. . .if the woman was nt interested in the marraige, why in heaven's sake did she not divorce the fellow long ago. Smh in the mentality of African females
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by hubbyswife: 10:50am On Sep 16, 2012
I knew dat family well!Livi was close to his wife n doted on her!he neva maltreated her or flaunted his affairs in her face as sumone claimed and no matter what he did to her she has no congent reason for not attending his funeral or allowing his kids pay him their last respect!will she now expect to have a share in d wealth he left behind?
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by Ninapha(f): 10:52am On Sep 16, 2012
debrief08:
Thank You
. I hought Levi Ajuonuma is from Naze community Owerri and a strong memeber of MFM. I dont want to go deep i just want to confirm if its same person or another one from Edo state.waiting.
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by Ninapha(f): 10:57am On Sep 16, 2012
hubbyswife: I knew dat family well!Livi was close to his wife n doted on her!he neva maltreated her or flaunted his affairs in her face as sumone claimed and no matter what he did to her she has no congent reason for not attending his funeral or allowing his kids pay him their last respect!will she now expect to have a share in d wealth he left behind?
Am suprised oo and only wish to confirm if its d same person oo. All this I know him closely de suprise me too. Waiting to comfirm if its same Levi.
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by eledalo: 10:58am On Sep 16, 2012
God punish the poster and her family. Close to the family but air their laundry on the internet? Cant even spell the mans name right? Rumour mongers annoy me to no end. God punish you poster.
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by d1010: 11:07am On Sep 16, 2012
@Ninapha don't mind the arsehole debrief claiming to be close from a distance yet you don't know where he's from

He was from ideato south not Naze and a strong MFM member. He loved his family and never flaunted no affair infront of his wife not like he even had one.
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by andyanders: 11:16am On Sep 16, 2012
azimibraun: Which dirty last respect are u talking abt? Its a gud thing this has happened for others to learn. Ppl jst do waterver dey lk to oda ppl knwing wen death calls forgiveness wll follow.Ddnt dey say the evil dat men do..... Wt he gt in death is wt he hd ochestrated while he ws alive. I wll do dsame jst to ensure oda ppl learn from dat. Do u knw d pain of d woman and her kids nt showing up; again wia dey part of d Dana compensation claim? Did he knw dey existed b4 he died? Potential Polygamist mk una learn o!

You said the truth. People should learn that you should not be wicked to people while alive as even your enemies you forgive them while you are alive. Only God knows what Levi did to the woman because a polygamous home is a war zone and people should reconsider their actions while alive as because of wealth, some men live a life of wickedness and lust to the detriment of their immediate family. Having affairs with anybody as the money in their pocket can afford to buy them anything they want which is wrong.

People should not blame the woman. Weep not for the dead but for the living. The woman must have seen a lot while alive or either.

1 Like

Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 16, 2012
d1010: @Ninapha don't mind the arsehole debrief claiming to be close from a distance yet you don't know where he's from

He was from ideato south not Naze and a strong MFM member. He loved his family and never flaunted no affair infront of his wife not like he even had one.

ummm unless you know them personally and shared his bed with him and his wife I don't think any of us should really be claiming anything about this man and his wife. you will be shocked what goes on behind closed doors - trust me very shocked.

1 Like

Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by Tittos: 11:24am On Sep 16, 2012
@op if the dead could see,am sure Levi would be more angry with you than with his wife..coming to wash someone dirty linens in public shows that you may not even like him that much..now people who also know him well have stated how the man treated his wife..Do you even know if the man had saidto her that he doesn't like her and wouldn't want her to attend his burial if he died..you really should respect the dead man by not coming to a public forum to discuss about him and his family..
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 16, 2012
@ D101, Clap fpr yourself, You are a good disciple, answering Just the way Levi would have answered, rudely and insultive, without assressing anything.
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by youngmonie: 11:28am On Sep 16, 2012
Nigerians are very judgemental, we do not know te circumstances on ground, someone jus came and posted four line here and we are already commenting as if we know all the issues surrounding the family.
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by Ninapha(f): 11:47am On Sep 16, 2012
d1010: @Ninapha don't mind the arsehole debrief claiming to be close from a distance yet you don't know where he's from

u are right. Was having Levi Njokus town in mind. I wd be suprised if debrie's assertion are true cos someone clsoe to him who is supposed to know him better than most of us says, he never joked with his family and had always did hid best. They may hv their problems, but not all these i read here. We women shd understand while we wish higher position for our husbands, we shd also learn to accept the responsibilities that come wit such positions. Truth and support from both sides. Imagin rumouring he was wit a mistress on that flight?. Anyway may God perfect whatever that is remaining in this family. We all hv our own remainders too.
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by newmaonza: 12:02pm On Sep 16, 2012
Anybody abusing my mother is a bastard, u Nigerians should mind ur business & show discretions in ur posts. .. . . .@ op: i know who d 4ck u re, & i will get u
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 16, 2012
like I have said NO ONE knows what goes on behind closed doors.

my own issue is why a close friend would come on nairaland to expose this family issue - could it be slight envy pushing her/him and is enjoying the way people rightly or wrongly are making out that this family was not in peace
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by otokx(m): 12:22pm On Sep 16, 2012
This should serve as a lesson to many.
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by oge4real(f): 12:25pm On Sep 16, 2012
Hmmn, thank God for the anonymous nature of this forum, if not, I would have really loved to personally see these people claiming to know about Levi and his family.

And for your information (to Mr and Mrs I-know-him-too-well), he was from Uruala-umuokwara, Awalla, Isiekenesi, in Ideato-south LGA, Imo state.

Please just shut your mouths/keypads if you dont have any reasonable things to say, especially when you are obviously very wrong/

1 Like

Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by 4omax: 12:59pm On Sep 16, 2012
People should get their facts right before destroying that which dis man had suffered to build - his family name. He lived with a woman who pulled him out of his family and relatives for the past 18yrs dey lived together becos he cherished his marriage and hated scandals dat is been given him now. Do you expect a woman who never allowed any member of Levi's (Livinus) family and relatives have access to him while he was alive to be bold to stand b4 d same people? Livi cared for his wife and children, never joked with dem. He was a gentleman to a fault; Loved Jesus and stood up for wat he believed. He was a strong member of MFM. He never abandoned his wife and kids as some people here portrayed. He had no affair(s), let alone flaunting! Wondering how u guys spoke so ill of a man u didn't no too well. Say he was mean and stingy to his people, I will agree with u, cos dat was wat marriage to dis so called wife turned him into. Ladies please know dat marriage is not just to a man
, but to his family as well. If not, your shadows will chase you to d wrong decision like dis ( skipping a hubby's burial). How can a man marry a woman and turn his back to his relatives for more than 18yrs without even his immediate family knowing or visiting his house! To d guys, as much as you love your wife, remember family is still ideal! RIP dear. You will be greatly missed.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by COOLDUN: 1:03pm On Sep 16, 2012
Kobojunkie:

What exactly is suprising in this? Na by force to attend the burial of someone? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Do you know the dynamics of what happened in the marriage for her to reach this decision? Why do you feel, as an outsider, that it is your place to judge her action? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Why does she need to pretend for anyone?

You are right. Maybe the late husband vowed to kill her if she nears his dead body at death, when he was alive. For that reason the woman was afraid of her life. What will be the need of mourning for a partner that never respected the marriage? Let us keep pretence apart. This is a lesson to the living; make your marriage a pleasant one. Do not maltreat your partner while forgetting that one day you will be no more. The wife has right to go or not. No one has the right to question or judge her. If all I read here is true about their marriage then the late L.Ajonuma was a foolish man. It is high time the federal government should go deeper in the lives of the people they appoint to head our offices. These bad men and women with nasty reputations should not be allowed to hold any post in our government. That is why this country is dying every day. Wayward men and women heading our government affairs, anyone that is not capable of handling his or her family is not capable of handling the affairs of the country.
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by emmatok(m): 1:43pm On Sep 16, 2012
Good now I understand the issue better.
Don't mind those Feminists like Kobojunkie, who find pleasure attacking men at every instance.

4omax: People should get their facts right before destroying that which dis man had suffered to build - his family name. He lived with a woman who pulled him out of his family and relatives for the past 18yrs dey lived together becos he cherished his marriage and hated scandals dat is been given him now. Do you expect a woman who never allowed any member of Levi's (Livinus) family and relatives have access to him while he was alive to be bold to stand b4 d same people? Livi cared for his wife and children, never joked with dem. He was a gentleman to a fault; Loved Jesus and stood up for wat he believed. He was a strong member of MFM. He never abandoned his wife and kids as some people here portrayed. He had no affair(s), let alone flaunting! Wondering how u guys spoke so ill of a man u didn't no too well. Say he was mean and stingy to his people, I will agree with u, cos dat was wat marriage to dis so called wife turned him into. Ladies please know dat marriage is not just to a man
, but to his family as well. If not, your shadows will chase you to d wrong decision like dis ( skipping a hubby's burial). How can a man marry a woman and turn his back to his relatives for more than 18yrs without even his immediate family knowing or visiting his house! To d guys, as much as you love your wife, remember family is still ideal! RIP dear. You will be greatly missed.
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by Rossikk(m): 2:45pm On Sep 16, 2012
Mrs mansson: My late father was close to the likes of Levi but my mum still attended his burial although he didnt have any kids apart from us.Well no matter how wicked the man was to her thats not enough to skip his burial.dats the Last reapect u pay to the dead. my mum actually cried in his burial not because she was going to miss him (she was already living like one without a husband) but because of the kind of life he lived.

And she was oh so perfect..... Ridiculous. It was probably that patronising mindset that drove him away from her.
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by DisGuy: 2:54pm On Sep 16, 2012
4omax: People should get their facts right before destroying that which dis man had suffered to build - his family name. He lived with a woman who pulled him out of his family and relatives for the past 18yrs dey lived together becos he cherished his marriage and hated scandals dat is been given him now. Do you expect a woman who never allowed any member of Levi's (Livinus) family and relatives have access to him while he was alive to be bold to stand b4 d same people? Livi cared for his wife and children, never joked with dem. He was a gentleman to a fault; Loved Jesus and stood up for wat he believed. He was a strong member of MFM. He never abandoned his wife and kids as some people here portrayed. He had no affair(s), let alone flaunting! Wondering how u guys spoke so ill of a man u didn't no too well. Say he was mean and stingy to his people, I will agree with u, cos dat was wat marriage to dis so called wife turned him into. Ladies please know dat marriage is not just to a man

yea Abacha too!!! Saint to a fault!
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 16, 2012
Loved listening to the man in the early 90's and it was on some Gulder program,9pm saturday on FRCN network in Lagos then, I thought he began working with the NNPC from the 90's though I may be wrong. Never liked his post at NNPC but then if you know the Nigerian way then it is not difficult to explain what he had to do to keep his job, juju and sabi sabi runs Government establishments. But the issue now seems to be people taking sides over an occurrence which we cannot prove happened or did not happen maybe the question should be for the thread topic, What would you do, if ........ happens; Life should never filled so much bitterness.

1 Like

Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by mallorca(m): 3:01pm On Sep 16, 2012
Na family problem
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by yam: 3:02pm On Sep 16, 2012
info@lpf:

Interesting. If you are so close to the deceased and his kids, then why:
1) Did you misspell his name? LEVI, not "LIVI", and
2) Why air his dirty laundry out on Nairaland? Why not simply ask his wife this question directly, or other family members?

SMH.

i guess she needs to be dealt with.she is a brutus
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by oriondivy(m): 3:38pm On Sep 16, 2012
@ new manaoza, if indeed she is ur mum, why don't u tell peeps hw she turned her husband against his family and made him not to help any of his family members? With which face ll she get to anambra? Make she try come naaa....
Re: Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial by Kobojunkie: 3:54pm On Sep 16, 2012
mbhs139:

Come, you dey craze? Them say person husband die ... you dey talk nonesense. Why would a widow skip her husband's funeral. Na so you talk say she been deen dey busy, and that's why she didn't come. Dem swell for that you mouth?

Eejit #3, if you cannot adequately counter the point put forth . . learn to STFU! Stop responding to posts that are beyond your brain level . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help / The Akanbi Triplets That Bear The Same Name (Photos) / 12 Images That Will Literally Only Make Sense To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.