Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1832846 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 6:21am On Sep 22, 2013
m.esther96:
angry angry
it hurts 2 knw sm1 u lov,lov sm1 else angry

grin
Gosh! Am heart broken. Try and discover me first am all here for u, stop going for already made products. *sad*
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 22, 2013
9ja_Hottest_Gay:
what exam are u doing? I like ur guts.

Including the intestines? grin

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:46am On Sep 22, 2013
grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 22, 2013
charleymed: Aluta does e-reading work for you? If yes how well do you comprehend while reading electronically?

You mean reading with my gadgets? Lyk reading on my computer
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Klinee: 11:23am On Sep 22, 2013
9ja_Hottest_Gay:
do u need a tutorial on how to quote the right way? I advice u face ur education, get admission and get stuffs up ur schl ratha dan throwing e-tantrums.
I have always said, high blood pressure is free.
what are u doing here u devil? Can u leave this place pls.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by taiocol: 12:47pm On Sep 22, 2013
anybdy online pls ansa this for me
1. Does Hiv/Aids kill. Answer wit reasons
2. Wats the importance of folic acid during post, pre nd anti_natal
3. Whats the connection between folic acid and eyctopic pregnancy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mosesTosin: 1:13pm On Sep 22, 2013
Any physiotherapy student in dis thread should xplain d courses we are to offer in d first year(unilag to b precise) God bless ya as u explain!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
[quote
author=charleymed] Gosh! Am heart broken. Try and discover me first am
all here for u, stop going for already made products. *sad*[/quote]he is my ist loveangry angry

grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 1:24pm On Sep 22, 2013
alutacontinua:

You mean reading with my gadgets? Lyk reading on my computer
yea
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 1:26pm On Sep 22, 2013
m.esther96:
he is my ist loveangry angry

grin
he was
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 1:33pm On Sep 22, 2013
@moses tosin,4 1st semester........mathematics,physics,pratical physics,chemistry,zoology,biology,use of english,philosophy and logic and finally computer science
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 1:34pm On Sep 22, 2013
Hello Medic,Lab Scientist,Physio n all.Can anyone explain in details on VIRGINITIS ??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 1:37pm On Sep 22, 2013
@ Aliandro,plz where is Dr. Gboy??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 22, 2013
**Snickers
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 2:10pm On Sep 22, 2013
moses Tosin: Any physiotherapy student in dis thread should xplain d courses we are to offer in d first year(unilag to b precise) God bless ya as u explain!

I'm not a physiotherapy student, a med to be precise, but i can explain.

All freshers under the college of medicine will offer the same courses in 1st and prob 2nd semester.
Here are the courses:
FSC101- Intro to biology(3 units)
FSC102- Intro to chem (3 units)
FSC103- Intro to comp(3 units)
FSC104- Intro to maths(3 units)
FSC 105- Intro to physics(3 units)
GST 102- Philosophy, logic& science( 2 units)
GST 105- Use of english( 2 units)
ZLY101- Intro to zoology ( 2 units)

Your GST course units do not add to your GPA, it is based on pass or fail, a minimum score of 40% is required to pass your GST.

Your FSC's & ZLY are the most important.
Lab sessions are included in FSC101(genetics,ecology,flowers) FSC 103(Programming), ZLY101(invertebrates)

Study all your courses very well , attend lectures, have faith in God and i'm sure u'll scale through Akoka easily.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ese79(m): 4:13pm On Sep 22, 2013
just a perser-by ..pls want to ask a questn. Is ther any aota of posibility avin unprotected sex wit an hiv positiv patner without been infected?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obinnau(m): 4:19pm On Sep 22, 2013
ese79: just a perser-by ..pls want to ask a questn. Is ther any aota of posibility avin unprotected sex wit an hiv positiv patner without been infected?
I don't think so. I think u must have to be infected. Chairman how far?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 22, 2013
labodinho: Hello Medic,Lab Scientist,Physio n all.Can anyone explain in details on VIRGINITIS ??
Knowledge from Zoology>>>
I think it's called VAGINITIS or Trichomoniasis. It's the inflammation of the vagina that is caused by Trichomonas vaginalis.
Symptoms: copious, creamy, white, frothy OR greenish-colour, foul smelling discharge from the vagina.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 22, 2013
Tayyibb #Respect
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mosesTosin: 4:53pm On Sep 22, 2013
Dr.Gboy:

I'm not a physiotherapy student, a med to be precise, but i can explain.

All freshers under the college of medicine will offer the same courses in 1st and prob 2nd semester.
Here are the courses:
FSC101- Intro to biology(3 units)
FSC102- Intro to chem (3 units)
FSC103- Intro to comp(3 units)
FSC104- Intro to maths(3 units)
FSC 105- Intro to physics(3 units)
GST 102- Philosophy, logic& science( 2 units)
GST 105- Use of english( 2 units)
ZLY101- Intro to zoology ( 2 units)

Your GST course units do not add to your GPA, it is based on pass or fail, a minimum score of 40% is required to pass your GST.

Your FSC's & ZLY are the most important.
Lab sessions are included in FSC101(genetics,ecology,flowers) FSC 103(Programming), ZLY101(invertebrates)

Study all your courses very well , attend lectures, have faith in God and i'm sure u'll scale through Akoka easily.
thanks a lot I really appreciate dis.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mosesTosin: 4:55pm On Sep 22, 2013
aliandro: @moses tosin,4 1st semester........mathematics,physics,pratical physics,chemistry,zoology,biology,use of english,philosophy and logic and finally computer science
thanks am very greatfull.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 22, 2013
Dr_Bode:
I think it's called VAGINITIS or Trichomoniasis. It's the inflammation of the vagina that is caused by Trichomonas vaginalis.
Symptoms: copious, creamy, white, frothy OR greenish-colour, foul smelling discharge from the vagina.
zoo101 tins, gone are those days
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 22, 2013
9ja_Hottest_Gay:
zoo101 tins, gone are those days
OAU student?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 22, 2013
Good pm sirs and ma'ams.. Emm it's ur "ever-humble" boy sylva oo.. Pls i want to know the courses i would be offering as a 100lvl med lab sci student.. Thanks in anticipation.. smiley

and BTW
big shout out to
ALUTA CONTINUA,
LOMAXX,
LAGUSTA

i greet u my elders grin

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 22, 2013
Interesting thread!!..

Am a fresh Medic in Uniben.. (thanks to God), pls any fellow medic of uniben present on this thread?? Fresh or Not Fresh pls identify..

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 22, 2013
Clinical psycology versus psychiatry, anyone?
Just love psycology but shiver at the mention of psychiatry.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 22, 2013
Dr_Bode:
OAU student?
i wanna remain annonymous!
U have zoo101 in oau?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 8:41pm On Sep 22, 2013
Dr_Bode:
Sorry for ma mistake in the spelling,tanx name sake.Does this also lead to swollen cervical area sir??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 22, 2013
labodinho: Sorry for ma mistake in the spelling,tanx name sake.Does this also lead to swollen cervical area sir??

I'm still young in this field sir. I think it does
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by taiocol: 10:06pm On Sep 22, 2013
If you want to know some
interesting facts about Autopsy,
here is an article for you.
www.buzzle.com/articles/autopsy-facts.html
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 11:15pm On Sep 22, 2013
@ Dr gboy,labodinho dey find u ooooo,I know u are now battling biochemistry,physiology and anatomy.......ur boy still dey sleep and 2go.....God go help us jare
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 22, 2013
charleymed: yea

I guess i'm actually used to it. Ain't nobody got the money to be buying all those textbooks or the energy to be carrying them about jawe. The only hard copy textbook I have is anatomy atlas and BRS embryology. However, it has a down-side which is the fact that it's beginning to affect my sight. But i'm rily rily rily used to it...there's a way i position the thing on my bed while i'm lying down with music from you-tube, i go just dey fire dey go! With the downside though, i'm still stuck btw 3 options: (i). go see an optician and get glasses shocked shocked shocked shocked (ii). keep managing the eye till i spoil it finally embarassed embarassed embarassed sad (iii). get hard-copy textbooks. undecided undecided Dunno which i'll go for yet but i sure love reading with my gadgets. It's even better with a tablet!

ese79: just a perser-by ..pls want to ask a questn. Is ther any aota of posibility avin unprotected sex wit an hiv positiv patner without been infected?

Actually, the chances of getting HIV from an HIV infected partner is about 25%...which means there's about 75% chance that you might not get it. You don't wanna take the chances sha...also, some factors could increase the risk e.g. anal sex, the XX gene also increases the chance (by that i mean d fact dt u're d reciever and nt the giver) lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

sylvalord: Good pm sirs and ma'ams.. Emm it's ur "ever-humble" boy sylva oo.. Pls i want to know the courses i would be offering as a 100lvl med lab sci student.. Thanks in anticipation.. smiley

and BTW
big shout out to
ALUTA CONTINUA,
LOMAXX,
LAGUSTA

i greet u my elders grin

see this guy oo, why you come dey associate me with dem bosses na....i respect my bosses ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
U're welcome...Med lab sci student? nt rily suo but u might av to do zoology, botany, chemistry, physics, sociology, maybe maths etc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: Saviourk and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.