Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1832276 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 25, 2013
charleymed: lol. Aluta u never cease to amaze people, na insecurity tinz i guess?? Don't worry even if he sees ten million va-jays in nano seconds, "her" own go still dey special to him. Don't ask me who "her' is oh.

Lolz....no insecurities. Just tryna make suo. tongue I trust u guyz to tell me just d way it is.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Olarewajub: 6:20am On Sep 26, 2013
Medical lab tech and pharmacy tech, which is more preferable?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 26, 2013
alutacontinua:

Lolz....no insecurities. Just tryna make suo. tongue I trust u guyz to tell me just d way it is.
The struggle continues . Weldone o my oga @ the top .
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 26, 2013
Deoxygenated Blood i.e blood in Our Veins and pulmonary artery . .is it usually BLUE

My friend whose dad is a Cardiologist said it's blue and not Dark Red .

Is this true?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 8:37am On Sep 26, 2013
Olarewajub: Medical lab tech and pharmacy tech, which is more preferable?

Life is anything you make out of it. You will state the parameters of your comparison and you'll get informed advise.

Doc_Miss:

Deoxygenated Blood i.e blood in Our Veins and pulmonary artery . .is it usually BLUE

My friend whose dad is a Cardiologist said it's blue and not Dark Red .

Is this true?

The venous blood I've always seen has been dark red. I've done plenty phlebotomies and I've never ever seen blue blood.

Now there's something called Cyanosis. When the concentration of deoxygenated blood exceeds 5g/dL in peripheral or central circulation, it leads to a bluish discolouration of skin and mucous membranes.

This clinical sign is very appreciated in the whites and light skinned folks. You'd see bluish skin surface( e.g palmar of hand), bluish discolouration of tongue etc.

There's a devil tempting me to type on central and peripheral cyanosis. That temptation has just been overcome. grin grin grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by droly28: 8:48am On Sep 26, 2013
READ THIS AND SAY BY TO ========POVERTY========
we student we dont nid 2 depend strictly on our parent b4 wil do smetinx in sch(such as buyin of clothes,handout,fone,feeding or rechanging our fone or bbm subscriptn etc)...let us start learnin ao 2 b self dependent.....dat is y i av come 2 introduce u 2 disan online business....if any1 tells u dat all online businexx ar scam/fake tell d person dat he has jst committed a FALLACY.... dis onlinle biz is different 4rm any1 u might av heard of...u wil get pay 2thousand naira at worst per week in2 ur bank account....u dont nid a laptop or bb b4 u can do it anytin u ar usin 2 read dis msg can do it.... if u ar interest txt me ur email or call me on 08098028234!!!!!!!! let us convert all d time we use online in2 money.......ao 2 make money 2ru facebook loading.............. i am nt goin 2 request any money 4rm u,jst txt me so dat i cal explain tins 2 u.......my mission is 2 reduce student poverty.....nd do forget dat if u ar nt inform u wil b deform.....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 26, 2013
droly28: READ THIS AND SAY BY TO ========POVERTY========
we student we dont nid 2 depend strictly on our parent b4 wil do smetinx in sch(such as buyin of clothes,handout,fone,feeding or rechanging our fone or bbm subscriptn etc)...let us start learnin ao 2 b self dependent.....dat is y i av come 2 introduce u 2 disan online business....if any1 tells u dat all online businexx ar scam/fake tell d person dat he has jst committed a FALLACY.... dis onlinle biz is different 4rm any1 u might av heard of...u wil get pay 2thousand naira at worst per week in2 ur bank account....u dont nid a laptop or bb b4 u can do it anytin u ar usin 2 read dis msg can do it.... if u ar interest txt me ur email or call me on 08098028234!!!!!!!! let us convert all d time we use online in2 money.......ao 2 make money 2ru facebook loading.............. i am nt goin 2 request any money 4rm u,jst txt me so dat i cal explain tins 2 u.......my mission is 2 reduce student poverty.....nd do forget dat if u ar nt inform u wil b deform.....

As in mutation
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ninja4life(m): 11:10am On Sep 26, 2013
Online most of wat u see is how to reduce weight/weight loss but wat abt we lepa dat wants to gain weight.is there anyone in d house with suggestion of how i can gain weight,wat food to eat in wat proportion and other informations dat might be helpful for me to gain weight.i cuurectly weigh 39kg am 16yrs old a mbbs aspirant.anyone with tips dat can help?.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kjbobo: 12:30pm On Sep 26, 2013
Never knew there is a thread like this....I am a Pharmacist,grad from ife....5 yrs ago. ...now in Canada for
MSc,Health sciences.
You guys are doing a great job!
Make una welcome me oooo grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by JewelBukky(f): 1:23pm On Sep 26, 2013
kjbobo: Never knew there is a thread like this....I am a Pharmacist,grad from ife....5 yrs ago. ...now in Canada for
MSc,Health sciences.
You guys are doing a great job!
Make una welcome me oooo grin
ure wlcm sir.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 26, 2013
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by frankeinstein(m): 8:13pm On Sep 26, 2013
Goodevening all,especially to the chiefs in the house
Dr. Lagusta- starter of this thread
Glowing2shine and D_bestdoc-ladies with incredible determination
Alutacontinua-the Dominican!
Joshuapharm-pharmacist in the house
DR. LOMAXX- Incredible,stuffy genius,et al
I have been following this thread since last year,and I decided to officially join you guys,since I just gained admission,into UNIZIK,M.B.B.S. I hope I am welcome here.
PS: ANY UNIZIK MEDIC HERE?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 1:25pm On Sep 27, 2013
U are welcome,frankeinstein........Pm 2 u all excluding miss aluta top of d mawning 2 u.....just passing by
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 27, 2013
#Coughs
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 8:43pm On Sep 27, 2013
Pink_Lezbian: #Coughs

Hey smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 8:51pm On Sep 27, 2013
frankeinstein: Goodevening all,especially to the chiefs in the house
I have been following this thread since last year,and I decided to officially join you guys,since I just gained admission,into UNIZIK,M.B.B.S. I hope I am welcome here.

Hey.

Congrats. grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by survivor10(m): 11:30pm On Sep 27, 2013
yep bro,i am a UNIZIK medic.al d same,congrats on ur admission!unizik medical school is arguably one of the best medical schools in the country.6yrs may nt even elapse before u graduate n be rest assured dt none of ur mates in other med school wil graduate before u.bt 21/21 u must have in premed otherwise preclinical may elude u.welcm GIANT!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by naruto02(m): 1:00am On Sep 28, 2013
Hello guys, this thread is really awesome. I'm an aspirant too but I didn't get my jamb so I'll be going for IJMB then retry. What I really wanna ask is that; for those final year and mbbs grads how do you do your thing, like how long do you read, do you just memorize everything from text book then paste during exams or you answer questions according to the way you understand it. Misfortune such as failing an exam happens so how do you deal with it. Extra advice is will do please....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by frankeinstein(m): 4:33am On Sep 28, 2013
@ Dr. Lomaxx,thanks!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by frankeinstein(m): 4:44am On Sep 28, 2013
@ Survivor10.....Thank you. please are u on facebook or 2go?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 28, 2013
naruto02: Hello guys, this thread is really awesome. I'm an aspirant too but I didn't get my jamb so I'll be going for IJMB then retry. What I really wanna ask is that; for those final year and mbbs grads how do you do your thing, like how long do you read, do you just memorize everything from text book then paste during exams or you answer questions according to the way you understand it. Misfortune such as failing an exam happens so how do you deal with it. Extra advice is will do please....

Why not go for Cambridge A-level? IJMB's limitations far exceeds it's advantages. With Cambridge A-levels you can apply to any Uni in Nigeria for D.E and go straight to 200 level.

The training you will receive from there should help your Jamb next year too.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 28, 2013

Welcome bro. Congratulations.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by survivor10(m): 11:23am On Sep 28, 2013
frankeinstein: @ Survivor10.....Thank you. please are u on facebook or 2go?
am on facebook bro
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by naruto02(m): 11:54am On Sep 28, 2013
oluafolabi:

Why not go for Cambridge A-level? IJMB's limitations far exceeds it's advantages. With Cambridge A-levels you can apply to any Uni in Nigeria for D.E and go straight to 200 level.

The training you will receive from there should help your Jamb next year too.

Thanks!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by frankeinstein(m): 3:27pm On Sep 28, 2013
survivor10: am on facebook bro
Please,whats your username?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 28, 2013
IJMB ke? A level's is better, but shine ur eye else u are duped or recieve less than what u paid for. Go for quality and avoid short cuts. Good luck.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Wizemmanuel(m): 5:35pm On Sep 28, 2013
Pls i want to ask the medic that have started working if a medical doctor works in a hosp from morning till night or is it a shift.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vicksbaba(m): 6:12pm On Sep 28, 2013
Pink_Lezbian :

Pink_Lezbian: #Coughs

lomaxx:

Hey smiley

LOLLLLLL..... AM I D ONLY ONE OBSERVING DIS?......SEEMS LIKE DOCTOR LOMAXX IS INTO LES.....Bians!...... just my observations oooo
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by taiocol: 6:15pm On Sep 28, 2013
vicksbaba:

LOLLLLLL..... AM I D ONLY ONE OBSERVING DIS?......SEEMS LIKE DOCTOR LOMAXX IS INTO LES.....Bians!...... just my observations oooo
obeserving
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gregdcutie(m): 6:24pm On Sep 28, 2013
vicksbaba:

haba sir Lomaxx na spirikoko oo..#anointed things. @vicksbaba how far the hols now and your friends @chibyke @omomila @hassy....trust sey una don jack syllabus finish
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vicksbaba(m): 6:39pm On Sep 28, 2013
Gregdcutie:
haba sir Lomaxx na spirikoko oo..#anointed things. @vicksbaba how far the hols now and your friends @chibyke @omomila @hassy....trust sey una don jack syllabus finish

Lol......dis hols is really boring ooo...I can't see how one can read with dis hols ......... it's like enjoying a glass of YOYO bitters and toasted bread .......
were u a foundation student?.......... u know Omomila, Hassy and chibyke

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.