Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1841357 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by goodman3(m): 8:46am On Jan 04, 2014
I like what i'm seeing here!......this thread serves as a point of inspiration and motivation for me to keep the struggle and hustle on. I'm a medico, almost thru with my pre-med......and getting ready for pre-clinicals. Congrats to the newly admitted students. It is not easy!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by survivor10(m): 9:29am On Jan 04, 2014
@poster,thnk God u survived pre-med year!pre-clinicals is interesting cos dts is wia u learn d basis of medical practice.enjoy it while it lasts!@stormrex&other preclinical peeps,get ur dissection kits n cunnigham manual of practical anatomy before u resume*********i rep NAUTH******
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 9:50am On Jan 04, 2014
survivor10: @poster,thnk God u survived pre-med year!pre-clinicals is interesting cos dts is wia u learn d basis of medical practice.enjoy it while it lasts!@stormrex&other preclinical peeps,get ur dissection kits n cunnigham manual of practical anatomy before u resume*********i rep NAUTH******
wow.......now this is the sort of shopping i love! thanks dear * skipping to the library*
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kommi(f): 11:08am On Jan 04, 2014
[quote
author=michy99]

u will buy the textbooks from skl

physical chemistry textbook by b.I ita

u all purchase the textbooks from skl

in first semester u will offer chemistry, math,zeb,phy,bio,eng,history n
philosophy of sci. I heard that they v also included intro to anatomy n
biochemistry. in second semester u will offer bio, Chem, phy, eng,
citizenship edu, philosophy and logic.

all the textbooks LD b bought from them. u v to work really hard cos in
ma set they withdrew people whose cgpa weren't up to 3.5[/quote]

hmm, it is well. we're equal 2 d task.
tanks so much sis.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Samgreguc(m): 11:29am On Jan 04, 2014
ashhascash: *sighs* At last av finished readin tru previous posts frm page 0.
Being in Med field is cool tho.
Altho i didnt see a lot of BDS peeps or is dat my field isnt lucrative #Am a novice tho.
every field is lucrative
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ashhascash: 11:33am On Jan 04, 2014
dapsondou:

I'm one
Tho a newly admitted one
Same here bro
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gift311995(f): 11:44am On Jan 04, 2014
Wow,i'm a newly admitted student n i'm already feeling d course, jst want 2 resume skull n feel wat it luks lyk 2 be a medical student. Tanks 2 nairaland i've learned a lot frm this tread, keep d flag flying.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charliejose: 1:08pm On Jan 04, 2014
Lagusta:

wtf?? shocked embarassed
lollz! gringringrin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charliejose: 1:14pm On Jan 04, 2014
I had one of d most terrible stomach pain in my life yesterday embarassed ....I made some lime juice and decided to have some after which d horrible pain started....,,,, I wuld like to ask d docs in d house what d problem was...I slept to d next morning b4 I got better.... was my gastric juice tempered with since lime is acidic?...... But Dis not my 1st time of having lime juice
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Joeprince2nd: 1:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
michy99:

u will buy the textbooks from skl

physical chemistry textbook by b.I ita

u all purchase the textbooks from skl

in first semester u will offer chemistry, math,zeb,phy,bio,eng,history n philosophy of sci. I heard that they v also included intro to anatomy n biochemistry. in second semester u will offer bio, Chem, phy, eng, citizenship edu, philosophy and logic.

all the textbooks LD b bought from them. u v to work really hard cos in ma set they withdrew people whose cgpa weren't up to 3.5
10 course 4 1st semester? Gosh a guy was telling me dat its 26. And he also made maintion of organic chemistry and inorganic chemistry but he did not tell me d course either. But by GOD grace no matter what if i get admitted dis yr into d field, as long as pple like me with 2 eyes, eary and 1 head like me have passed dat 1st yr so will i.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 2:33pm On Jan 04, 2014
charliejose: I had one of d most terrible stomach pain in my life yesterday embarassed ....I made some lime juice and decided to have some after which d horrible pain started....,,,, I wuld like to ask d docs in d house what d problem was...I slept to d next morning b4 I got better.... was my gastric juice tempered with since lime is acidic?...... But Dis not my 1st time of having lime juice

You bin chop before you take am?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charliejose: 4:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
lomaxx:

nope....Just break fast....which was like 5hrs b4 I took d juice??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 4:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
charliejose: nope....Just break fast....which was like 5hrs b4 I took d juice??

Lime juice.

Is it different from the normal natural lime citrus fruit?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:13am On Jan 05, 2014
Happy new year Medico's, i have really missed this thread. Been busy with Pathology (general, Respiratory and hematology). Heme was especially crazy and no strike here tongue..... My special greetings to the "ogaz" Lagusta and Lomaxx. Juz saw a bunch of interesting clinical questions and explanations.....i really missed. Will be taking pharmacology and systemic path this semester and hoping to have more fun on here smiley
btw,

A 35 year old African American, with photosensitivity, althralgia, and thrombocytopenia with a positive RPR/VRDL............what is your likely diagnosis?
what would be the first immediate test to confirm your diagnosis?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Babalola1990: 7:23am On Jan 05, 2014
fedico21: Happy new year Medico's, i have really missed this thread. Been busy with Pathology (general, Respiratory and hematology). Heme was especially crazy and no strike here tongue..... My special greetings to the "ogaz" Lagusta and Lomaxx. Juz saw a bunch of interesting clinical questions and explanations.....i really missed. Will be taking pharmacology and systemic path this semester and hoping to have more fun on here smiley
btw,

A 35 year old African American, with photosensitivity, althralgia, and thrombocytopenia with a positive RPR/VRDL............what is your likely diagnosis?
what would be the first immediate test to confirm your diagnosis?

- Acquired Syphillis (Most likely in the Secondary Stage).
- FTA-Abs.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by teeyford(m): 1:06pm On Jan 05, 2014
pls is there any medico from abu zaria here?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by musty001: 7:49pm On Jan 05, 2014
Being a silent follower 4 a very lng tyme...hmmmm,just checked nd was givien admission
MBBS.
Ahmadu Bello University
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Sirkris(m): 10:39pm On Jan 05, 2014
want to use this humble opportunity to thank God, finally I ve been admitted into benue state university medical school through direct entry. I pray God see me through so I can contribute my quota in health matters. may God continue to bless medics and aspiring medics.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by teeyford(m): 10:08am On Jan 06, 2014
admitted to study human physiology in abu zaria thoo I applied medicine and surgery.... pls advice needed! should I continue with the physiology or write jamb again coz pple say physiology is wack!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ashhascash: 2:02pm On Jan 06, 2014
tee_yford: admitted to study human physiology in abu zaria thoo I applied medicine and surgery.... pls advice needed! should I continue with the physiology or write jamb again coz pple say physiology is wack!!
'Pple say' dnt matter. Its wat u feel or think dat matters.
Always remember oda folks chose d same physiology nd werent admitted.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:13am On Jan 07, 2014
helo everyone!smiley

y is it dat no one is talking about pharmacysad
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Xymc1(m): 10:35am On Jan 07, 2014
essy daniels: helo everyone!smiley

y is it dat no one is talking about pharmacysad

I wonder oo,but are you a pharmacy student?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charliejose: 11:43am On Jan 07, 2014
lomaxx:

Lime juice.

Is it different from the normal natural lime citrus fruit?
Am sorry 4 d late reply...bis xpiredsad...(will u subscribe 4 me? grin)....ehnnn ehnnn back to d topic.... it was just d normal lime I tried making some juice 4rm...nd it disrupted my tummy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 12:06pm On Jan 07, 2014
charliejose: Am sorry 4 d late reply...bis xpiredsad...(will u subscribe 4 me? grin)....ehnnn ehnnn back to d topic.... it was just d normal lime I tried making some juice 4rm...nd it disrupted my tummy

I hope you know the pH of lime.

Serves you right tongue angry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Boluzie(m): 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2014
musty001: Being a silent follower 4 a very lng tyme...hmmmm,just checked nd was givien admission
MBBS.
Ahmadu Bello University
welcome bro,also a freshman
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Boluzie(m): 1:29pm On Jan 07, 2014
tee_yford: admitted to study human physiology in abu zaria thoo I applied medicine and surgery.... pls advice needed! should I continue with the physiology or write jamb again coz pple say physiology is wack!!
Why don't u come in for d course,den rewrite jamb if u still ave passion 4 mbbs.At least it's better dan staying @ home.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
Xymc...:

I wonder oo,but are you a pharmacy student?
yeah....u?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 3:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
concerning lime....

I remember my mum used to make lime-and-salt solution Anytime I have upset stomach.... old school things!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charliejose: 5:57pm On Jan 07, 2014
lomaxx:

I hope you know the pH of lime.

Serves you right tongue angry
ouch I 4got it's 2.4,,,,I just didn't want d lime to waste,,so ma tummy made good use of it,,,,But doc lomaxx I need compensation 4 telling me dat ............................But wait ooo, dis not My 1st time of having lime juice nah?,,, so y dis time
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 07, 2014
Pls, I am a unilorin aspirant, i want to know if i can combine results because i made d7 and c6 in my waec and neco respectively.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 7:26pm On Jan 07, 2014
charliejose: ouch I 4got it's 2.4,,,,I just didn't want d lime to waste,,so ma tummy made good use of it,,,,But doc lomaxx I need compensation 4 telling me dat ............................ But wait ooo, dis not My 1st time of having lime juice nah?,,, so y dis time

lomaxx:

charliejose: nope....Just break fast....which was like 5hrs b4 I took d juice??

Hope your question is answered.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 07, 2014
Lagusta: HI.

I am a final year med student of UNILORIN. I opened this thread cos I noticed there isn't any that is specially for medical students, and I believe this is an opportunity for all docs in the making to meet, chat, share experiences, ask questions, and even make new friends!

Jambitos who wish to study medicine are also welcome...

So, let the clerking and presentation begin!!!!
Hi, i am a unilorin aspirant and I made the d7 and c6 in biology in my waec and neco respectively. Pls, i want to know if i can combine the two or i can use neco alone. Reply via bellohussein210@gmail.com
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.