Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,561 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1823423 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by fabfunmi(f): 10:38pm On Mar 01, 2016
hi people...i wrote jamb last year and i got 226.i chose medicine at unilag but i couldnt proceed with the putme cos my o level phy was cancelled
...i took jamb again this year they sent 183.i was so shocked cos i was xpecting lyk 260...so i heard jamb is nw adding 40 marks i decided to check lo nd behold its nw 223...am so devastated despite nt reading that much nd never attended tutorial last year i got higher...nw that i dedicated all my time to reding nd tutorial this whatbi got....i am so frustrated.pls is there is still hope for me at unilag for medicine......
so sorry for ranting am jus dead
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 02, 2016
fabfunmi:
hi people...i wrote jamb last year and i got 226.i chose medicine at unilag but i couldnt proceed with the putme cos my o level phy was cancelled
...i took jamb again this year they sent 183.i was so shocked cos i was xpecting lyk 260...so i heard jamb is nw adding 40 marks i decided to check lo nd behold its nw 223...am so devastated despite nt reading that much nd never attended tutorial last year i got higher...nw that i dedicated all my time to reding nd tutorial this whatbi got....i am so frustrated.pls is there is still hope for me at unilag for medicine......
Don't know but you have a great hope @OOU if you can just hit your post Utme with very high score.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 02, 2016
I have been following this thread for more than a year. Thank God am now in 200 level medicine and surgery at OOU. Kudos to Dr. Lagusta, Ebsuguy..
where is Dr. Gboy?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 02, 2016
Textbooks for preclinical years Gross Anatomy clinically oriented anatomy by Keith Moore. Last's anatomy by chummy sinattamby Regional anatomy by B.D Chaurasia (three copies) Embryology Medical Embryology by T.W Saddler Clinical embryology by Keith Moore Histology Basic Text of histology by Junquiera. Neuro anatomy Neuro anatomy by I.B Singh Physiology Medical physiology by Sembuligam Physiology by Guyton and Hall Ganong's review of medical physiology Biochemistry Principle of Biochemistry by Lehninger Biochemistry for medical students by Vasudevan (contains little error tho') jaypee biochemistry by Chatterjea harper's biochemistry.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by BaronVonAwesome: 10:00am On Mar 02, 2016
Dbrainiac1:
This 'unexpected scores' of a thing happened last year I think... I remember a friend of mine was texted that he got 196 but when he later checked it from their website he got 232! Maybe history is repeating itself ion know, but keep calm and check online first... before freaking out or not freaking out. grin
dude can I av ya whatsaap line?seems d 1 u gave me b4 is no longer in use
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 4:38pm On Mar 02, 2016
BaronVonAwesome:
dude can I av ya whatsaap line?seems d 1 u gave me b4 is no longer in use
pm me
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 6:02pm On Mar 02, 2016
fabfunmi:
You can still get medicine, it depends on the school, with UI they don't use UTME just ur PUTME, don't be distraught
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GideonOmach(m): 8:48pm On Mar 02, 2016
fabfunmi:

sure you have a lot of chances but you must work harder/smarter in your post-utme!
Most schools in Nigeria have 200 as Jamb cut-off for medicine. I knew about a few who held Jamb as a major qualification for their p.ume..where they have special cut-offs apart from some few school's 200 maybe 'cos of their standard and hence very high competition.
some had their Jamb cut-offs as 240 and some uni.s had it for marks above 240..
one needed to write 270+ for such uni.s.
Anyway, I do not know if they(such uni.s) still have such practices after Jamb declared all Uni.s to set their cut-offs for hypersensitive courses like ours to be 200 some years back!
But I do know most if not all Uni.s adhered to that instruction and Unilag is one of such!
So you have chances to build on, okay?
It's too early to start panicking now....
##WE_ALL,_TEAM_MBBS_ALL_THE_WAY_AND_UNTO_GOD_WE_COMMIT_OUR_CAUSE!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Joeprince2nd: 12:32am On Mar 03, 2016
greetings to u all. pls what's my chances of been admitted into uniilorin to study med & sug with jamb score 245? just incase it is possible what should me my minimum in postume since I'm from Benue state?

pls I need a break down if possible 4 d reg in
uniilorin most especially med & sug. 4rm
acceptance to d final fee of reg. & how much per
session? thank u
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obakenny01(m): 3:11am On Mar 03, 2016
[quote author=Abdullahi4u7 post=42026106][/quote]

I don't have confirmations about the school but I except them to accept two sittings. I'm not sure about the school fee, guess around 50-100k
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Joeprince2nd: 7:39am On Mar 03, 2016
Obakenny01:

I don't have confirmations about the school but I except them to accept two sittings. I'm not sure about the school fee, guess around 50-100k
50-100k per session or per year?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by BaronVonAwesome: 10:41am On Mar 03, 2016
Dbrainiac1:

pm me
I sent you a mail
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 03, 2016
I really do nad know where to start from.... (tears)

Despite everything , God showed mercy..

Mah exam experience is something else... We started the exam ( first day, first set)

We had no ideal about calculator or what so ever..

We went given calculators and writing materials.. I had to answer all mah physics and Chemistry questions solving like a mad Man..

On all, I had 239!

Thanks to God
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MONEYMONK(m): 12:14pm On Mar 03, 2016
STORM2:
just checkout when I'm seeing this. Chief 3rd MB ain't easy but it's more fun than 2nd MB. I loved the postings. Ibegbulam is the fair hematology guys name..... I'll call you. hope FMC is treating you well?
Hello storm
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Caleb5: 12:25pm On Mar 03, 2016
Jason555:

Mah exam experience is something else... We started the exam ( first day, first set)

We went given calculators and writing materials.. I had to answer all mah physics and Chemistry questions solving like a mad Man..

On all, I had 239!

Thanks to God
......! What was your former score before the remarking?!.....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kingjms010(m): 12:48pm On Mar 03, 2016
pls.... wat hope is thr for a utme score of 243... MBBS at OAU?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by angiography(m): 1:06pm On Mar 03, 2016
kingjms010:

a very big chance, if you don't let it slip. Albeit, read and prepare for the post ume targeting 300 and above in d post jamb. pls
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SweetieConstie(f): 1:10pm On Mar 03, 2016
Hello.. Plz, did JAMB also add 40 marks to the scores of candidates who wrote on d 1st nd 2nd of March?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GideonOmach(m): 1:32pm On Mar 03, 2016
Joeprince2nd:
greetings to u all. pls what's my chances of been admitted into uniilorin to study med & sug with jamb score 245? just incase it is possible what should me my minimum in postume since I'm from Benue state?

pls I need a break down if possible 4 d reg in
uniilorin most especially med & sug. 4rm
acceptance to d final fee of reg. & how much per
session? thank u
you have alot of it and workload for post-utme!
Your state is one of the catchment areas of Unillorin!
So you have the equal advantage an indigene of the state has as an outsider/non-indigene!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GideonOmach(m): 1:37pm On Mar 03, 2016
Jason555:

On all, I had 239!

Thanks to God
wooow!! Congrats Sir. Jason!

!First hurdle mortified! Thank God for all!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GideonOmach(m): 1:46pm On Mar 03, 2016
kingjms010:
you have a lot of it!
Just work harder/smarter in your post-ume!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Abcruz(m): 1:53pm On Mar 03, 2016
Jason555:

On all, I had 239!

Thanks to God
Congrats bro. The joy was overwhelming when i also checked mine lately. I was also among the first set. In all glory be to GOD in the highest.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GideonOmach(m): 2:02pm On Mar 03, 2016
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Joeprince2nd: 4:54pm On Mar 03, 2016
GideonOmach:

you have alot of it and workload for post-utme!
Your state is one of the catchment areas of Unillorin!
So you have the equal advantage an indigene of the state has as an outsider/non-indigene!
thank u so much sir. that's helpful. I was told that no subject combination for post utme, that it is current affairs, sport and English. how true is it sir?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by prahcetomi(m): 5:48pm On Mar 03, 2016
Jason555:

On all, I had 239!

Thanks to God
congrats,it is well......
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 03, 2016
Thanks guys...
I appreciate...
Sir GideonOmach , wha school, level, department are you..?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GideonOmach(m): 7:07pm On Mar 03, 2016
'
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GideonOmach(m): 7:08pm On Mar 03, 2016
Joeprince2nd:
thank u so much sir. that's helpful. I was told that no subject combination for post utme, that it is current affairs, sport and English. how true is it sir?
Yes sir! Though I'm not a Unilorin student!
They usually have 220 as medicine cut off for Jamb and 240 for Law, that's the by-ways!
Unilorn has a yearly totals of over 70k students applying and thus rendering the admission slot highly competitive!
Medicine has the highest percentage by composition of the competition!
They do five subjects in their post ume: ENGLISH(major number of the questions come from here), mathematics, (2nd large), General paper, biology and current affair for everyone, alike(due 2 d competition).
50Qs for 30minutes.
They don't test your knowledge of the composite subjects candidates registered 'Cos they believe u settled that in ur O.level/sec.sch!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GideonOmach(m): 7:32pm On Mar 03, 2016
Jason555:
Thanks guys...
I appreciate...
Sir GideonOmach , wha school, level, department are you..?
KSU! 100L, Biosciences - Zoology, aspirant like you too sir!]
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by prahcetomi(m): 7:36pm On Mar 03, 2016
GideonOmach:

hmnn....I'm from kogi too.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 03, 2016
GideonOmach:

it's well bro...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 03, 2016
197.....please can I still fight for medicine with such score in Delsu??..... Please reply a frustrated friend..... Its medicine or nothing

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.