Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,805 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1831296 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 17, 2016
ultron1234:
goodday docs, WHO IS BETTER AT SPINAL SURGERY: THE ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON OR NEUROSURGEON......all contributions are welcome

Neurosurgeons.

Spinal surgery is a subspecialty of Neurosurgery.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 17, 2016
jozeph1:
I want to change my course ( in jamb) frm mbbs to Bds, bt am stuck, my reasons
unis admit more medicine to dentistry, medicine after sch wil go for internship and rotate properly in all unit, bt in dentistry its different
work aspect medicine do have people comin 4 consult bt in dentistry especially in 9ja we all knw nobody cares about his or her teeth talk less of goin to a dentist for a procedure
pls jst wanna get thngs right , no offence mbok and change of course is endin dis week in jamb. Need sum1 to convince me that there's more to dentistry than teeths , pls once again no offence, jst an aspirants who knws nothing and wanna learn more

You really don't need any conviction. Seeing as you are smart enough to type this, you'd definitely get medicine. And yes you are right, several teaching Hospitals have resorted to closing their Dental units because patients have resorted to extracting their teeth at home.

It's so easy. You should try it sometimes. smiley

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by walleygee01: 7:31pm On Apr 17, 2016
Just finished reading the entire page on this thread for the third time! joblessness right? it was fun sha. Reading comments so far on medical questions makes me think medical student become semi god in med school. I really hope all dis (Greek) stuff in my head when I get der. lol. All the way I rep #team lasu MBBS aspirant #

Jargo89 and Toyinmax please is der anyway I can reach you guys? Gotta lot of questions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Superjaytop(m): 8:59pm On Apr 21, 2016
lebienconnu:
Hi colleagues,

Please rejoice with me. Precisely, on the 23 March, 2016 after the meeting of the examiners board in my school bordering on the then just concluded part three MB, I was considered proficient enough in the basic medical sciences and rewarded with promotion to part 4. You guys know what that means. I have crossed over to the clinicals where we get to apply all we have been learning in Anatomy, Physiology and Medical Biochemistry. The battle was really bloody.

While I advise my juniors to keep the candles burning I am also calling on my seniors to aid me with words of advice that will facilitate my journey through the impending task which I know is herculean.
To all medical aspirants, I want to say medicine is really worth it. Aspire to acquire what you desire. Do not give in to the people that discourage. The truth is that they have burning passion for medicine but they believe it's beyond their reach. Move with people that share your passion or appreciate it. This will positively reinforce your actions and the probability of success will be augmented. To survive in the college, positive reinforcers are both invaluable and indispensable.

Stay away from people with badbelleistic tendencies. They are your worst enemies. Listen to them :
"I know a doctor, he is my sister's brother's uncle nephew. He is so poor he can't even pay his children school fees"
Imagine hearing this when preparing for almighty Anatomy in part three MB. Your spirit might be weakened and this might be detrimental to your performance.

To my colleagues in UI preparing (or has it started?) for the part three MB (battle, rather) I unleash you. Let out a loud roar and strike them dead with no mercy and come back with positive results, no excuse. Although, your MB is child's play compared to that of the Jerusalem of Struggle and Mecca of Military where I am, fortunately and unfortunately, destined to be.

Greateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeest ife.

hy bro pls cn u giv me ur fb or 2go username,I nid ur hlp on som questions
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Superjaytop(m): 9:02pm On Apr 21, 2016
lebienconnu:
Hi colleagues,

Please rejoice with me. Precisely, on the 23 March, 2016 after the meeting of the examiners board in my school bordering on the then just concluded part three MB, I was considered proficient enough in the basic medical sciences and rewarded with promotion to part 4. You guys know what that means. I have crossed over to the clinicals where we get to apply all we have been learning in Anatomy, Physiology and Medical Biochemistry. The battle was really bloody.

While I advise my juniors to keep the candles burning I am also calling on my seniors to aid me with words of advice that will facilitate my journey through the impending task which I know is herculean.
To all medical aspirants, I want to say medicine is really worth it. Aspire to acquire what you desire. Do not give in to the people that discourage. The truth is that they have burning passion for medicine but they believe it's beyond their reach. Move with people that share your passion or appreciate it. This will positively reinforce your actions and the probability of success will be augmented. To survive in the college, positive reinforcers are both invaluable and indispensable.

Stay away from people with badbelleistic tendencies. They are your worst enemies. Listen to them :
"I know a doctor, he is my sister's brother's uncle nephew. He is so poor he can't even pay his children school fees"
Imagine hearing this when preparing for almighty Anatomy in part three MB. Your spirit might be weakened and this might be detrimental to your performance.

To my colleagues in UI preparing (or has it started?) for the part three MB (battle, rather) I unleash you. Let out a loud roar and strike them dead with no mercy and come back with positive results, no excuse. Although, your MB is child's play compared to that of the Jerusalem of Struggle and Mecca of Military where I am, fortunately and unfortunately, destined to be.

Greateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeest ife.

pls bro cn u giv me ur social media username,I av som questions 4 u
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 22, 2016
walleygee01:
Just finished reading the entire page on this thread for the third time! joblessness right? it was fun sha. Reading comments so far on medical questions makes me think medical student become semi god in med school. I really hope all dis (Greek) stuff in my head when I get der. lol. All the way I rep #team lasu MBBS aspirant #

Jargo89 and Toyinmax please is der anyway I can reach you guys? Gotta lot of questions
Greetings Doc. Please, can ah have your digits..? We've got to talk bro..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by walleygee01: 8:02pm On Apr 24, 2016
Jason555:
Greetings Doc. Please, can ah have your digits..? We've got to talk bro..

lasu MBBS aspirant send me an email then.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 25, 2016
walleygee01:

lasu MBBS aspirant send me an email then.
Sincerely, ah really do nad know how to send mails on Nairaland.. Add me 08183926896
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 25, 2016
I'm currently doing my A levels and want to study medicine at uni
I'm doing chemistry, biology, sociology and english language
anyone else doing A levels on here?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kingjms010(m): 8:49am On Apr 26, 2016
I think they are having their exams
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 11:04am On Apr 26, 2016
MissGdope:
I'm currently doing my A levels and want to study medicine at uni
I'm doing chemistry, biology, sociology and english language
anyone else doing A levels on here?
to the best of my knowledge it's chemistry, biology and physics.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 26, 2016
dearpiriye:
Most of the time, Chemistry is the only compulsory subject and sometimes includes biology but physics isn't compulsory.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 9:22pm On Apr 26, 2016
MissGdope:

Most of the time, Chemistry is the only compulsory subject and sometimes includes biology but physics isn't compulsory.
hmmm....I know of chemistry,biology and maths outside the country but here in nigeria its chemistry, biology and physics. The main thing is what uni do u intend to apply to? Have you found out if that combination is accepted by them?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OJABS1: 3:58pm On Apr 27, 2016
Millex:
Guys abeg other than hepatitis what can cause bloating of the abdomen?
Bloated abdomen can also b caused by excessive deposition of fats (triglyceride) around the abdominal region, a condition very common with people that consume large quantity of alcohol. This is so because d body cells are very efficient in their metabolic activity and work in such a way as to avoid nutrients lost. So when large quantity of alcohol is consumed over and above the amount required to meet up the body's energy demand, some of the end products are converted and stored as fats (mostly within the greater omentum) as they enter the TCA cycle in order to be used during period of reduced energy supply such as starvation.
You can also surf the net for more causes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 27, 2016
goodday docs, I'm a 100lvl microbiology student at AAU, I wrote jamb dis year but d results of my centre were seized due to malpractice.....I'm thinking of abandoning microbiology (mainly because on d day of my jamb, I missed an exam) and doing A-level next year so dat I can use direct entry to get admitted into medicine at UI or uniben......

in direct entry, does UI/uniben prefer degree holders to A-level holders or are they seen as equal ?

with good A levels do I stand a good chance of getting admitted?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GideonOmach(m): 5:14pm On Apr 27, 2016
dearpiriye:

Laughs!! that's somewhat funny of you ma but you're true anyway!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrChukzy(m): 5:55pm On Apr 27, 2016
Great Medics in the house, please have anyone participated in any UNICEF/SPIC scholarship examination?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 6:19pm On Apr 27, 2016
DrChukzy:
Great Medics in the house, please have anyone participated in any UNICEF/SPIC scholarship examination?
That thing resemble scam. Count me out.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 27, 2016
OJABS1:

Bloated abdomen can also b caused by excessive deposition of fats (triglyceride) around the abdominal region, a condition very common with people that consume large quantity of alcohol. This is so because d body cells are very efficient in their metabolic activity and work in such a way as to avoid nutrients lost. So when large quantity of alcohol is consumed over and above the amount required to meet up the body's energy demand, some of the end products are converted and stored as fats (mostly within the greater omentum) as they enter the TCA cycle in order to be used during period of reduced energy supply such as starvation.
You can also surf the net for more causes.
After u don go read amam grin

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 7:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
ultron1234:
goodday docs, I'm a 100lvl microbiology student at AAU, I wrote jamb dis year but d results of my centre were seized due to malpractice.....I'm thinking of abandoning microbiology (mainly because on d day of my jamb, I missed an exam) and doing A-level next year so dat I can use direct entry to get admitted into medicine at UI or uniben......

in direct entry, does UI/uniben prefer degree holders to A-level holders or are they seen as equal ?

In Uniben,there is a specific number of slots for A level students and first degree holders. If you can meet up with their admission requirements for medicine, The sky is your starting point.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 7:20pm On Apr 27, 2016
ultron1234:

I don't know of uniben but for ui A'level usually gets preference altho this yr both were given equal quota. If your thinking of UI aim for nothing less than 16points cos you never know what the cut off may be. Uniben writes exams tho and I don't think they really look at a'level grade.....not sure if they do.....keep in mind that both accept only 1st choice.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 7:23pm On Apr 27, 2016
GideonOmach:

Laughs!! that's somewhat funny of you ma but you're true anyway!!
I dont get whats funny
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by PHgirl(f): 7:33pm On Apr 27, 2016
Hi, guys. Can someone please give an overview of orthopaedic surgery as a specialty?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrChukzy(m): 8:22pm On Apr 27, 2016
Dbrainiac1:
That thing resemble scam. Count me out.
Hmm. Why did u think its a scam?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 9:24pm On Apr 27, 2016
DrChukzy:
Hmm. Why did u think its a scam?
Fake UNICEF. 1 account name of such organized body will never be like that. 2. The email of such body must bear it's server name. 3. Why is payment to be made b4 exams? 3. Why should the exams be writen online at any place? Won't exam malpractice occur? It is just a scam.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrChukzy(m): 10:17pm On Apr 27, 2016
Dbrainiac1:
Fake UNICEF. 1 account name of such organized body will never be like that. 2. The email of such body must bear it's server name. 3. Why is payment to be made b4 exams? 3. Why should the exams be writen online at any place? Won't exam malpractice occur? It is just a scam.
Anyway, u might be right.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by walleygee01: 10:58pm On Apr 29, 2016
Docs in the house please how does it feel to see other people ahead of you in the medical school or people who don't read up to you still coming top. any mixed feelings
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 11:14pm On Apr 29, 2016
PHgirl:
Hi, guys. Can someone please give an overview of orthopaedic surgery as a specialty?
It's a medical subspecialty under the faculty of surgery. For you to qualify as an orthopedic surgeon in Nigeria,you must have acquired the basic mbbs degree from a recognised medical school.consequently, you're expected to write the primaries,part 1 and 2 fellowship exams of the department of orthopedic surgery,faculty of surgery.this training will take a minimum of six years in an accreditated institution. Upon graduation,you will appointed as a consultant.As an orthopaedic surgeon, you treat more of bones deformities and other supporting tissues.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by buharisbae(f): 12:33am On Apr 30, 2016
Dbrainiac1:

pls oo ff I score 65 for MBBS and d cut off is 70

wah kinda course will I be offered?

I.e Not an indigene or from catchment area
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 6:59am On Apr 30, 2016
buharisbae:

pls oo ff I score 65 for MBBS and d cut off is 70

wah kinda course will I be offered?

I.e Not an indigene or from catchment area
Any kinda course, they can place you anywhere they like.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by buharisbae(f): 7:43am On Apr 30, 2016
Dbrainiac1:
Any kinda course, they can place you anywhere they like.
. like what and what??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by PHgirl(f): 8:55am On Apr 30, 2016
Drdonzeez:
It's a medical subspecialty under the faculty of surgery. For you to qualify as an orthopedic surgeon in Nigeria,you must have acquired the basic mbbs degree from a recognised medical school.consequently, you're expected to write the primaries,part 1 and 2 fellowship exams of the department of orthopedic surgery,faculty of surgery.this training will take a minimum of six years in an accreditated institution. Upon graduation,you will appointed as a consultant.As an orthopaedic surgeon, you treat more of bones deformities and other supporting tissues.

Thanks a lot. It was really helpful. One will be paid while undergoing the training, right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.