Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,923 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1833071 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 6:38am On May 02, 2017
RoastedCorn:
I'd disagree with you bro . . some schools have better medical facilities than the other,such school provides an enabling environment for the students making their reading less tasking and some schools also have more cadavers than the other . . theoretical knowledge and clinical practice differs from each other.
In the end it all comes down to the students... Plus I don't think they make it in Nigerias curriculum to make reading less tasking for medical students... Also about the cadavers it's not like it's everyone who comes for dissection so it still comes down to a dedicated student who actively studied and participated.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dasamek8: 7:20am On May 02, 2017
dasamek8:
Who knows whether Novena university Ogume Delta offer medsurg
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:25am On May 02, 2017
lepasharon:
Medicine in the UK is not looking good at all for me sad

Anyone study graduate entry medicine somewhere in europe?
eh eh why na,weitin dey happen?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 7:46am On May 02, 2017
RoastedCorn:
I'd disagree with you bro . . some schools have better medical facilities than the other,such school provides an enabling environment for the students making their reading less tasking and some schools also have more cadavers than the other . . theoretical knowledge and clinical practice differs from each other.
it's all about the student. I hated cadavers, but got a distinction in Anatomy likewise some other guys I know. Cadavers for instance are overrated, your Atlas can do the Magic. It's all about the student, the theoretical knowledge you talk about hasn't been overemphasized like many people think, you need the theoretical knowledge a lot, and you can acquire it by working hard on your own. Most guys that are good in theory, end up being better in practice and that's simply because... You can't give what you don't have.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 1:39pm On May 02, 2017
chukwukapromise:
Hmmm,...GOOD LUCK MY BRODA we will all get there #TeamMbbs
Thanks partner. grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 02, 2017
RoastedCorn:

I agree with @shrekstatari. You also have said well, but as he said, it's not the school, rather the student. They all have the same syllabus and must have met the same basic requirements before getting accredited which means they have all that is needed.
It's left to the student to make the most of what is available.
In the end, they all are awarded the same degree.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 8:18pm On May 02, 2017
Here we go again..
The pursuit for medicine.
One more try, 280 couldn't fetch it..
Let's see what 2017 holds..
Who's on board?
Team MBBS #UniZik.
I hail NairaLanders.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chukwukapromise(m): 10:59pm On May 02, 2017
SKILLED OCCUPATION . GIFTED HANDS . VAST KNOWLEDGE . GOD HAND TOOL . WE ARE MEDICS . WE ARE TEAM MBBS

6 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 11:10pm On May 02, 2017
Aspirants has taking Over gongoni!!

For now grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 11:33pm On May 02, 2017
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dasamek8: 8:19am On May 03, 2017
Hi everyone Please what can one do with NRN From Naija nursing schools
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faithugo64(f): 3:54pm On May 03, 2017
dasamek8:
Hi everyone Please what can one do with NRN From Naija nursing schools
You can work in private hospitals

RN + midwifery can also qualify you to work in most government hospitals but with a lower pay than BSN holders

If you still have the opportunity, please go for BSN, midwifery and any other specialty in nursing
That way, you will have more opportunities open to you

Goodluck!

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chukwukapromise(m): 6:48pm On May 03, 2017
MED AND SUG aspriants what jamb dreams like? 280 285 290 295 300 320 360?...mine is 350
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dasamek8: 10:23pm On May 03, 2017
faithugo64:

You can work in private hospitals

RN + midwifery can also qualify you to work in most government hospitals but with a lower pay than BSN holders

If you still have the opportunity, please go for BSN, midwifery and any other specialty in nursing
That way, you will have more opportunities open to you

Goodluck!
thanks alot ,but can it be used for direct entry into B sc Nursing

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 10:23pm On May 03, 2017
dasamek8:

yes
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dasamek8: 10:25pm On May 03, 2017
chukwukapromise:
MED AND SUG aspriants what jamb dreams like? 280 285 290 295 300 320 360?...mine is 350
let me say 333 for now
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faithugo64(f): 5:22am On May 04, 2017
dasamek8:

sure
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 7:47am On May 04, 2017
chukwukapromise:

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dellybanky(m): 7:54am On May 04, 2017
chukwukapromise:

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 8:09am On May 04, 2017
Nice aim y'all gat here.
We pray the system does not go off.
One major external factor that has adverse effect.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 8:12am On May 04, 2017
faithugo64:
sure
Faithugo64 what's the name of ur school pls.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faithugo64(f): 10:12am On May 04, 2017
ISISs:

Faithugo64 what's the name of ur school pls.
unizik

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 11:17am On May 04, 2017
faithugo64:
unizik
Cool Mam.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 11:28am On May 04, 2017
faithugo64:
unizik
Am really sorry for how it went down in the unizik thread.
I quoted u there.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 10:53am On May 05, 2017
It's been a while we had a discussion like this, so here goes

How does hypotension affect Renal and hepatic perfusion
Also relate hypertension to renal and hepatic perfusion
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chukwukapromise(m): 1:23pm On May 05, 2017
Millex:

The little i know about hypotension us that ut cause Irregular heartBeat and painful urination[dysuria]...The blood pressure i.e the output of the heart is reduced while the blood volume entering the heart remain the same! this cause reduced heart-beat which later develops into a myocardial infaraction!....Hypotension may also reduce perspiration!....Abeg no vex for the dull presentation of point. i still be aspirant, never smell med school
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 3:24pm On May 05, 2017
chukwukapromise:
The little i know about hypotension us that ut cause Irregular heartBeat and painful urination[dysuria]...The blood pressure i.e the output of the heart is reduced while the blood volume entering the heart remain the same! this cause reduced heart-beat which later develops into a myocardial infaraction!....Hypotension may also reduce perspiration!....Abeg no vex for the dull presentation of point. i still be aspirant, never smell med school
Nice try sha but not just there yet
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ModusOperandi(f): 5:26pm On May 05, 2017
Millex:

hypotension resulting from, say hemorrhage would reduce blood volume, reduce venous return, stroke volume and arterial pressure.

This would cause a reduction in firing of baroreceptors, increasing sympathetic activity in arterioles leading to arteriolar vasoconstriction and reduced blood flow to the kidneys.

This would reduce GFR, cause oligouria to conserve plasma volume to compensate for the reduced bp.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faithugo64(f): 5:52pm On May 05, 2017
[quote author=ISISs post=56197053]
Am really sorry for how it went down in the unizik thread.
I quoted u there.[/quote

Its alright dear
Was just trying to correct you on something

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 8:37pm On May 05, 2017
ModusOperandi:
hypotension resulting from, say hemorrhage would reduce blood volume, reduce venous return, stroke volume and arterial pressure.

This would cause a reduction in firing of baroreceptors, increasing sympathetic activity in arterioles leading to arteriolar vasoconstriction and reduced blood flow to the kidneys.

This would reduce GFR, cause oligouria to conserve plasma volume to compensate for the reduced bp.

Hmmmm nice one but isn't the aim of TPR in arterioles so that the blood flow to kidney nd liver can be increased?

Ok in a case of a prolonged case of hypotension not from hemorrhage, also you didn't relate hypertension and renal perfusion
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chukwukapromise(m): 8:44pm On May 05, 2017
Millex:

Ok in a case of a prolonged case of hypotension not from hemorrhage, also you didn't relate hypertension and renal perfusion
OK mr millex, u'll do well by giving us the answer now!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 9:12pm On May 05, 2017
chukwukapromise:
OK mr millex, u'll do well by giving us the answer now!
Theres really no right on wrong just depends on tge angle you coming from plus people haven't contributed yet...

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.