Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,670 members, 7,955,440 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:56 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1926550 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (912) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Muktar05(m): 11:17pm On Apr 13, 2013
Lagusta:

MLS is also a good and lucrative course, just stay focused, pray hard, and study... I also have interest in lab medicine, especially hematology

For the D.E, should i use ND or HND certificate?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 11:32pm On Apr 13, 2013
Muktar05:
For the D.E, should i use ND or HND certificate?

depends on the school.... You can plss check jamb brochure to know if that school accepts ND or HND....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fedric(m): 5:41am On Apr 14, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
my bros please i no i am not suppose to post this here, but am so inspired on your co-operation. Am a Uniben aspirant, going for medicine, from Delta state, any uniben medical student in the house, Please on which area of question are my likely to meet in my pume, and what is the secrete to your success as a medical student in to Uniben. Thanks i will be very happy if my question is being answered.

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 7:19pm On Apr 16, 2013
Fedric: [color=#990000][/color]
my bros please i no i am not suppose to post this here, but am so inspired on your co-operation. Am a Uniben aspirant, going for medicine, from Delta state, any uniben medical student in the house, Please on which area of question are my likely to meet in my pume, and what is the secrete to your success as a medical student in to Uniben. Thanks i will be very happy if my question is being answered.
hy,i'll advice u study hard and get past questions 'cos dey will give u an idea of what to expect and area of concentration.But first things firrst, try and study well for jamb so daht u will ve high chances of boosting ur aggregate score,,lastly,,commit all in2 God's hands,,wishin u success!nd 4 ur last ?,God is all u nid 2 win
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 12:51am On Apr 18, 2013
Ebsuguy,aluta and oga lagusta,u ave turned on d fire with doze questions and answers of urz.Just can wait 2 commence preclinicals.aluta u are on a bunsen burner
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 3:29pm On Apr 18, 2013
***dives into thread***
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Greatdre(m): 11:45pm On Apr 18, 2013
Helo medicos in d house..Am hapi 2 find dis thread..Am a nursing student of college of medicine of unilag idi araba...Mr Lagusta pls cn u help me with d activation key 4 Dorland's Medical Dictionary? Mor power 2 ur elbow
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:49am On Apr 19, 2013
Greatdre: Helo medicos in d house..Am hapi 2 find dis thread..Am a nursing student of college of medicine of unilag idi araba...Mr Lagusta pls cn u help me with d activation key 4 Dorland's Medical Dictionary? Mor power 2 ur elbow

i also requested for the activation key on the nairaland phones section, but they said its not in their database....

But it hasnt been disconnected yet, i'm still using it on my BB
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dennis201: 10:45am On Apr 19, 2013
Gud м̤̣̈̇σя̤̣̈̇ŋȋ̝̊ŋG pals. Pls can someone explain better which of the two course is better. Medicine or nursing. Pls use the guide bellow. Years of study, stress, free time for urself, working lenght, job opportunity and salary. Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Greatdre(m): 1:08pm On Apr 19, 2013
Lagusta:

i also requested for the activation key on the nairaland phones section, but they said its not in their database....

But it hasnt been disconnected yet, i'm still using it on my BB
Since when av u been using it sir? cos I jst downloaded mine 5 days ago...Also sir,pls which best pharmacology & pathology textbooks can u recommend 4 me & d site I can download dem frm..God bless u
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 3:19pm On Apr 19, 2013
Greatdre: Since when av u been using it sir? cos I jst downloaded mine 5 days ago...Also sir,pls which best pharmacology & pathology textbooks can u recommend 4 me & d site I can download dem frm..God bless u

i have been using mine since february.....

Try 4shared.com, but i dont know if it will work for BB ooo

robbins pathological basis of disease

katzung's clinical pharmacology
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 3:30pm On Apr 19, 2013
dennis@20 :
Gud м̤̣̈̇σя̤̣̈̇ŋȋ̝̊ŋG pals. Pls can someone explain better which of the two course is better. Medicine or nursing. Pls use the guide bellow. Years of study, stress, free time for urself, working lenght, job opportunity and salary. Thanks

hmmmmm......

It all depends on what you want...

Medicine takes 6yrs, nursing 5yrs, both are stressful to an extent, higher salary for doctors, both have good job opportunities and security, you can establish on your own.

As for free time, it depends on your area of specialization. A surgeon or theatre nurse can not have the same time as a community health physician or nurse...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 19, 2013
. .
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 7:20pm On Apr 19, 2013
Lagusta: A four year old boy presented to your hospital with persistently high fever and two episodes of abnormal jerky movements, he was force-fed by the mother with a herbal concoction prior to presentation

a) list the differential diagnosis

b) what are the problems this child is exposed to

c) what is the most likely diagnosis in this environment, outline your management approach

A) Differential diagnosis include :

- Meningitis( bacterial, viral, aseptic)
- Encephalitis
- Benign childhood epilepsy
-Middle ear infections
- Tonsilitis
-Post-Immunization seizures
-Upper respiratory tract infection
-Gastroenteritis
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 7:22pm On Apr 19, 2013
Lagusta: A four year old boy presented to your hospital with persistently high fever and two episodes of abnormal jerky movements, he was force-fed by the mother with a herbal concoction prior to presentation

a) list the differential diagnosis

b) what are the problems this child is exposed to

c) what is the most likely diagnosis in this environment, outline your management approach

B) This child is exposed to effects of pulmonary aspiration of the herbal concoction such as:

i- Aspiration pneumonia

ii- Primary injury to lung parenchyma by reaction of chemical constituents in herbal concoction

iii-Secondary injury to lung parenchyma by subsequent inflammatory response

iv- Acute airway obstruction

v - Death

Others include -

- Severe dehydration (due to persistently high fever)

-Hallucination(same reason)

- Brain damage(same reason)
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomakx: 7:40pm On Apr 19, 2013
Anti spambot banned my original account. Guess I'd continue with this one
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomakx: 7:42pm On Apr 19, 2013
C) The most likely diagnosis would be Bacterial meningitis.

Management plan would be:

i) Take a full history and physical examination

ii) Laboratory investigations which would be

1) General- Full blood count, Urinalysis

2)Specific - Lumbar puncture

iii) Treatment-
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 19, 2013
*coughs*

JUST PASSED MY MB.BS grin grin

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 19, 2013
joeydozzy: *coughs*

WAOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Congrats, boss!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:19am On Apr 20, 2013
alutacontinua:

WAOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Congrats, boss!

thanks.I appreciate
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 12:22am On Apr 20, 2013
Congrats joeyz,dr lagusta u are next oooo.Happy resumption 2 my fellow akokites.Final phase 4 d battle begins.May God see us through.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 6:05am On Apr 20, 2013

wooooow, congrats boss!!!!

Mine is on the way too......
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 8:35am On Apr 20, 2013
aliandro: Congrats joeyz,dr lagusta u are next oooo.Happy resumption 2 my fellow akokites.Final phase 4 d battle begins.May God see us through.

dat's true ,can't wait to finish dis second semester. idi-araba tinz on point. cool
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 20, 2013
Lagusta:

wooooow, congrats boss!!!!

Mine is on the way too......

with you, it's a walk in the park
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ajetolu(m): 10:04am On Apr 20, 2013
[b][/b]
oliseh.com:
is dis thread strictly 4 med surg student?any uniben pharm studt here?,or EBSU med studt. ur advice will be gr8ly appreciated.tnx gudnite 2 y'all.........!
Am a phamaceutical aspirant last year and in dis very year, just to tel u dat am d guy hu seated next to u during putme last year in pharm lecture theater 1.[img]
oliseh.com:
is dis thread strictly 4 med surg student?any uniben pharm studt here?,or EBSU med studt. ur advice will be gr8ly appreciated.tnx gudnite 2 y'all.........!
Am a phamaceutical aspirant last year and in dis very year, just to tel u dat am d guy hu seated next to u during putme last year in pharm lecture theater 1.[/img]
oliseh.com:
Am a phamaceutical aspirant last year and in dis very year, just to tel u dat am d guy hu seated next to u during putme last year in pharm lecture theater 1.

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kemzyAjaks(f): 10:25am On Apr 20, 2013
lomaxx:

A) Differential diagnosis include :

- Meningitis( bacterial, viral, aseptic)
- Encephalitis
- Benign childhood epilepsy
-Middle ear infections
- Tonsilitis
-Post-Immunization seizures
-Upper respiratory tract infection
-Gastroenteritis
iweee.....wish 2 b in ur shoes someday soon i just av d passion 4 dis course...just imagine myself diagnosin dis 2 a child......i go happy die....i pray God guides me thru
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 20, 2013

Boss, is that the final MB.BS. As in you're now a full blown certified Doctor?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Wizemmanuel(m): 2:23pm On Apr 20, 2013
Pls lagusta apart 4rm 4shared.com which other websites can i dwmload medical textbooks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 20, 2013
alutacontinua:

Boss, is that the final MB.BS. As in you're now a full blown certified Doctor?

hahaha just starting

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (912) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.