Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1823244 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nikkie29: 10:04pm On Mar 26, 2013
NOU is national open uni
Do u mean I can't get a good job witout going 4 masters?
Is comm health equivalent to comm medicine?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 10:09pm On Mar 26, 2013
Nikkie29: NOU is national open uni
Do u mean I can't get a good job witout going 4 masters?
Is comm health equivalent to comm medicine?

of course u can get a good job, but it will be better if u do your MPH, its just an advice

and yes, community health is the same as community medicine, only spellings differentiate the two terms....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nikkie29: 10:18pm On Mar 26, 2013
10kss and plss where can I work?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 10:47pm On Mar 26, 2013
Nikkie29: 10kss and plss where can I work?

you can work in hospitals, especially primary health centres...

You can also work in health agencies, NGOs, and of course WHO, UNICEF, etc and be paid in dollars!!!!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nikkie29: 11:01pm On Mar 26, 2013
Paid in dollar while working in 9ja?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 11:31pm On Mar 26, 2013
Nikkie29: Paid in dollar while working in 9ja?

boss, if u work for any international organisation, you are paid in international currency nah.....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 11:57pm On Mar 26, 2013
Pls dis is to all u Dr in d house,save we d learner o.Jamb is approachin,i need yur prayers all.I wanna kum bck here and celebrate ma success.I'm not a loser and shall neva be by His Grace we are all Victors.Plz i need yur prayers for UTME and P-UTME.God bless u all.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:37am On Mar 27, 2013
labodinho: Pls dis is to all u Dr in d house,save we d learner o.Jamb is approachin,i need yur prayers all.I wanna kum bck here and celebrate ma success.I'm not a loser and shall neva be by His Grace we are all Victors.Plz i need yur prayers for UTME and P-UTME.God bless u all.

U're a success already. I bliv u've dusted all dose textbooks 4rm page 2 page. Wld be praying for you.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 9:06am On Mar 27, 2013
labodinho: Pls dis is to all u Dr in d house,save we d learner o.Jamb is approachin,i need yur prayers all.I wanna kum bck here and celebrate ma success.I'm not a loser and shall neva be by His Grace we are all Victors.Plz i need yur prayers for UTME and P-UTME.God bless u all.

boss, dont worry nah, u've passed already, i also pray i pass mine too tho, i pray we all pass, by God's grace.....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tayyibb(m): 9:34am On Mar 27, 2013
Lagusta:

boss, dont worry nah, u've passed already, i also pray i pass mine too tho, i pray we all pass, by God's grace.....
AMIINA
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 5:02am On Mar 28, 2013
alutacontinua:

U're a success already. I bliv u've dusted all dose textbooks 4rm page 2 page. Wld be praying for you.
Amen,am reading and tanx a lot.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 5:05am On Mar 28, 2013
Lagusta:

God that answereth in dos dayz will surely come to ma rescue.Tanx so much.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 6:21am On Mar 30, 2013
Dr Lagusta and Dr Alutacontinua........plz can i knw u ppl? Yur skul n whr u r.Jst info bout u.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 1:59pm On Mar 30, 2013
Success is urz IJN,,,d Lord will favour u and grant u d@ wich u desire
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 2:03pm On Mar 30, 2013
aliandro: There is no doubt,unilag 1st semesta examination was lyk hell.It was as if d pole holding d atmosphere was removed,pple were tensed here and dere.2nd semesta will be hotter cos it will determine d idi arabites.dr gboy happy bday in arrears. 2 d lady in uniben,d Lord is ur strength!
Amen!thanks,,m wishin u nd Dr.Gboy success in ur xams

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by olisehcom(f): 10:13pm On Mar 30, 2013
hi,Drs. am new here, am a jambite and i put in 4 pharmacy in uniben as first choice and medicine in EBSU as 2nd choice.am so naive and i nid pple to take me 2ru.dis is my 1st and am determine to make it d last utme i would write.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by olisehcom(f): 10:23pm On Mar 30, 2013
is dis thread strictly 4 med surg student?any uniben pharm studt here?,or EBSU med studt. ur advice will be gr8ly appreciated.tnx gudnite 2 y'all.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by olisehcom(f): 10:25pm On Mar 30, 2013
is dis thread strictly 4 med surg student?any uniben pharm studt here?,or EBSU med studt. ur advice will be gr8ly appreciated.tnx gudnite 2 y'all.........!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Phoenix6278(m): 11:49pm On Mar 30, 2013
Fellow medical students
I'♏ terribly stressed as I write this piece,8 full hours of sleep these days is like a fairy tale. The work load is just too much. I have lab practicals close to 4 times a week, each lab lasting abt 4-5 hours! and u have to stand during practicals ! I never knew it was going to be this tough. Last week we had a BCH test; 300 questions for 2 hours and we will be having anatomy CA on wednesday (200 questions). The annoying part is the dissection classes, Formaline forces tears from my eyes, and its stench can be unbearable at times. At times, I ask the question 'what have I gotten myself into?'
I really needed somewhere to rant and what better place than a forum of medical students who have gone through what I'♏ going through.
I'♏ not broken yet and I don't think I will ever will,beneath the stress I still find joy exploring the human body, we love our cadavar so much that we even gave him a name, there's this joy that comes over you when you see 'the long head of biceps originating from the supraglenoid cavity of scapula' a feeling of fulfilment comes over you when u discover why the kenyans always win long distance races (increase in the rbc production due to them staying in high/mountainous areas), and u marvel at the many reactions going on in the human body (methylation, iodination, hydrolysis and a whole lot of others).
I guess I'll get used to the whole stress and I strongly believe that my passion will override whatever the lecturers throw at me cos I really can't imagine myself studying anything else. I guess I'♏ in love with this course!
Pardon my long post, How's everyone doing! Its been a while

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 5:42am On Mar 31, 2013
oliseh.com:
is dis thread strictly 4 med surg student?any uniben pharm studt here?,or EBSU med studt. ur advice will be gr8ly appreciated.tnx gudnite 2 y'all.
Itz for d whole college of medicine buh am sure pharmacy is welkum too.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 1:06pm On Mar 31, 2013
Gud write up phoenix.If it is 2 be my wish,i would love 2 write ur day 2 day analysis of wot u experience at idi araba.D lord dat saw ur lecturers and dr lagusta through will be with u.I tot medicine students write 1 exam per year,does d test alxo count?Happy easter 2 all medicos
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 2:19pm On Mar 31, 2013
Phoenix6278: Fellow medical students
I'♏ terribly stressed as I write this piece,8 full hours of sleep these days is like a fairy tale. The work load is just too much. I have lab practicals close to 4 times a week, each lab lasting abt 4-5 hours! and u have to stand during practicals ! I never knew it was going to be this tough. Last week we had a BCH test; 300 questions for 2 hours and we will be having anatomy CA on wednesday (200 questions). The annoying part is the dissection classes, Formaline forces tears from my eyes, and its stench can be unbearable at times. At times, I ask the question 'what have I gotten myself into?'
I really needed somewhere to rant and what better place than a forum of medical students who have gone through what I'♏ going through.
I'♏ not broken yet and I don't think I will ever will,beneath the stress I still find joy exploring the human body, we love our cadavar so much that we even gave him a name, there's this joy that comes over you when you see 'the long head of biceps originating from the supraglenoid cavity of scapula' a feeling of fulfilment comes over you when u discover why the kenyans always win long distance races (increase in the rbc production due to them staying in high/mountainous areas), and u marvel at the many reactions going on in the human body (methylation, iodination, hydrolysis and a whole lot of others).
I guess I'll get used to the whole stress and I strongly believe that my passion will override whatever the lecturers throw at me cos I really can't imagine myself studying anything else. I guess I'♏ in love with this course!
It is well the Lord is your muscle, it's ok to feel a lil tired but don't give up,,keep the fiery passion burning!! Cheers!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 2:22pm On Mar 31, 2013
HaPpY EasTeR to all the Dr.s in the house!!!! Even as Christ arose May you arise above all your limitations!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 2:24pm On Mar 31, 2013

boss, i admire your daring courage, the Good Lored will continue to guard, guide and protect all of us, and also fill us with His wisdom, knowledge and understanding.....

Thats medical school for u tho....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 2:24pm On Mar 31, 2013

boss, i admire your daring courage, the Good Lored will continue to guard, guide and protect all of us, and also fill us with His wisdom, knowledge and understanding.....

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Princeadebayo1(m): 4:23pm On Mar 31, 2013
Amen,and me too o
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Phoenix6278(m): 5:19pm On Mar 31, 2013
aliandro: Gud write up phoenix.If it is 2 be my wish,i would love 2 write ur day 2 day analysis of wot u experience at idi araba.D lord dat saw ur lecturers and dr lagusta through will be with u.I tot medicine students write 1 exam per year,does d test alxo count?Happy easter 2 all medicos
A big amen. We have what we call 'incourses' here, there are also continuous assessments. Incourses(tests) and CA's make up 30% of the total exam score. They are mostly used to evaluate the performance of students. We will be writing 4 incourses for each course I.e Anatomy;4 , Physiology;4 , BCH;4 and your best 3 will be selected. CA's are written only for Anatomy and they equally carry marks. So my dear, its like writing exams all year round but there will be only ONE professional exam. This is for CMUL, I don't know about other schools. And for ur other request, NO :p, except u want to read my diary which I won't allow you to. Happy easter
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Phoenix6278(m): 5:22pm On Mar 31, 2013
glowin2shyn: It is well the Lord is your muscle, it's ok to feel a lil tired but don't give up,,keep the fiery passion burning!! Cheers!
Thanks dear. How is Uniben treating you.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Phoenix6278(m): 5:26pm On Mar 31, 2013
Lagusta:

Thanks boss. Amen and amen. We will all smile in the end. Take it easy with em unilorin chicks oh. Quickly graduate let's eat rice jor
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 6:52pm On Mar 31, 2013
Phoenix6278:
Thanks boss. Amen and amen. We will all smile in the end. Take it easy with em unilorin chicks oh. Quickly graduate let's eat rice jor

grin grin grin grin grin

but boss, your ways are different from mine ooo...

Here in unilorin, we write exams, only one before the 200L final comprehensive exam and two before the 300L professional MBBS exam, apart from the cobes exams....

Its like yours are still better ooo, or what do u think
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Oma95: 11:24pm On Mar 31, 2013
Halooooo Drs in d house...am Dr Oma 300lvl stud of Absu...plz i will luv to make gud frnds here so we can share our experiences on "LIFE IN MED SCHOOL"hapi easter
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 12:38am On Apr 01, 2013
Phoenix,i dont undastand ur reply about d request i made.Is dat 3 courses u are 2 register 4 in year 2.shed more light pls my brother

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.