Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,941 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:12 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1926951 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (912) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 9:07am On Apr 01, 2013
@phoenix, that's a nice write up u have there. Life in med schl ain't easy, but i'm sure u'll scale thru emerging victorious in the end. Concerning d incourses u write , is there also an oral version of the test too ? Are past questions for them available? Do lab practicals also add to ur marks ? And finally what is the quality of lectures over there? Sorry if i'm asking too much questions. Thnks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 11:46am On Apr 01, 2013
oliseh.com:
is dis thread strictly 4 med surg student?any uniben pharm studt here?,or EBSU med studt. ur advice will be gr8ly appreciated.tnx gudnite 2 y'all.........!
am a 300L Medical Student Of EBSU.....u cant cant get Medicine by putting it 2nd choice in EBSU...even 1st choice candidates are still struggling to be among the 100slots which is our quota given by the Medical And Dental Council Of Nigeria......phoenix....i love ur writeup...ya...cadava dissection is fun.....Imaging seeing the Greater Omentum Moving From its Position To seal Off area of Infection in the abdomen...No wonder it is called the 'policeman Of the Abdomen'.....Respects to the Cheifs the house

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Phoenix6278(m): 3:49pm On Apr 01, 2013
Lagusta:

grin grin grin grin grin

but boss, your ways are different from mine ooo...

Here in unilorin, we write exams, only one before the 200L final comprehensive exam and two before the 300L professional MBBS exam, apart from the cobes exams....

Its like yours are still better ooo, or what do u think
I guess so, the tests and incourses kinda keep us on our toes. Boss na u o
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Phoenix6278(m): 3:54pm On Apr 01, 2013
Oma95: Halooooo Drs in d house...am Dr Oma 300lvl stud of Absu...plz i will luv to make gud frnds here so we can share our experiences on "LIFE IN MED SCHOOL"hapi easter
Welcome! You can start by sharing yours
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Phoenix6278(m): 3:56pm On Apr 01, 2013
aliandro: Phoenix,i dont undastand ur reply about d request i made.Is dat 3 courses u are 2 register 4 in year 2.shed more light pls my brother
Yes, those are the 3 major courses. There are GST, medical sociology and medical psychology. It will be clearer when u get in.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Phoenix6278(m): 4:01pm On Apr 01, 2013
ebsuguy:
am a 300L Medical Student Of EBSU.....u cant cant get Medicine by putting it 2nd choice in EBSU...even 1st choice candidates are still struggling to be among the 100slots which is our quota given by the Medical And Dental Council Of Nigeria......phoenix....i love ur writeup...ya...cadava dissection is fun.....Imaging seeing the Greater Omentum Moving From its Position To seal Off area of Infection in the abdomen...No wonder it is called the 'policeman Of the Abdomen'.....Respects to the Cheifs the house
Thank you! We've re yet to get to abdomen but I'll be looking forward to that. Respect!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drtobe(m): 10:18pm On Apr 01, 2013
i am a medical student from unilag studying medical laboratory science,i need more information about my course of study.Sorry my name is dr tobe and happy easter to everyone especially to dr gboy my very good friend and hoping our first semester result is fantastic
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drtobe(m): 10:22pm On Apr 01, 2013
Dr tobe: i am a medical student from unilag studying medical laboratory science,i need more information about my course of study.Sorry my name is dr tobe and happy easter to everyone especially to dr gboy my very good friend and hoping our first semester result is fantastic
[img]
Dr tobe: i am a medical student from unilag studying medical laboratory science,i need more information about my course of study.Sorry my name is dr tobe and happy easter to everyone especially to dr gboy my very good friend and hoping our first semester result is fantastic
[/img]

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by seno408(m): 11:20pm On Apr 01, 2013
Am a Unilag hopeful for Pharmacy and am new here any advise plz will do.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Hoyeenz(f): 7:45am On Apr 02, 2013
seno408: Am a Unilag hopeful for Pharmacy and am new here any advise plz will do.
Pharmacy is interesting but kinda stressful. 200L was a give away, welcome 2d Faculty of Pharmacy, where we spend 1month writing exams. Can't wait 2finish this year tho. All da best!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 10:10am On Apr 02, 2013
Hoyeenz,aw is pharmacy 200 level a give away.Phoenix,so dat stupid GST still continues at idi araba,dats disgusting
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by seno408(m): 3:50pm On Apr 02, 2013
Hoyeenz:
Pharmacy is interesting but kinda stressful. 200L was a give away, welcome 2d Faculty of Pharmacy, where we spend 1month writing exams. Can't wait 2finish this year tho. All da best!
Thanks for d little advise.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Hoyeenz(f): 5:59pm On Apr 02, 2013
@aliandro, I feel its the only level that you do d simplest and easiest courses in pharmacy bt if care is not taken one might end-up failing. Gst is till 300L.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:13am On Apr 03, 2013
labodinho: Pls dis is to all u Dr in d house,save we d learner o.Jamb is approachin,i need yur prayers all.I wanna kum bck here and celebrate ma success.I'm not a loser and shall neva be by His Grace we are all Victors.Plz i need yur prayers for UTME and P-UTME.God bless u all.

Boss, please, when is the date for the Jamb exam
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 1:04pm On Apr 03, 2013
April 27th.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 7:36am On Apr 04, 2013
alutacontinua:

Boss, please, when is the date for the Jamb exam
itz 27th of April concerning PPT,dunno bout d CBT,mayb d same day too.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 7:41am On Apr 04, 2013
dr gboy and dr tobe,nice ve'in u 2 here.Am aspiring for Unilag,physiotherapy.We'll meet der in CMUL,probably 200L with the Coperate dressing pattern.Wish you the best and we all aspiring.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 04, 2013
labodinho: itz 27th of April concerning PPT,dunno bout d CBT,mayb d same day too.
there are different dates for the CBT exam, starting from 16th till 27th. Like me am writing the CBT, and my exam date is 20th.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 04, 2013
Chelcy10:
there are different dates for the CBT exam, starting from 16th till 27th. Like me am writing the CBT, and my exam date is 20th.

which one is PPT and CBT again Ayaf expired when it cums to nigerian tins oo.... grin grin grin grin
Can someone pls explain to me I only know dey write Jamb in one day....all dis PPT and CBT just dey scatter my small head.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by 1stUnique(m): 11:57am On Apr 04, 2013
Dat CBT is the computer based test and PPT is the paper pencil test, the normal one before.. Since the computer is not yet enough, they av schedule student for different date. Dats it boss

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 04, 2013
1stUnique: Dat CBT is the computer based test and PPT is the paper pencil test, the normal one before.. Since the computer is not yet enough, they av schedule student for different date. Dats it boss

10qs! Looks lyk we don dey develop small small..
but with the whole scrapping thing dt dey're talking about, is the Jamb still gonna hold dis year

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 4:30pm On Apr 04, 2013
alutacontinua:

10qs! Looks lyk we don dey develop small small..
but with the whole scrapping thing dt dey're talking about, is the Jamb still gonna hold dis year

it will still hold this year, then that will be the end if it is successfully scrapped
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 8:48pm On Apr 04, 2013
Chelcy10:
oh okay,as for me,am nt takin dah risk of der CBT cos dey jst wanna use nigeria student to test der potential.hope u r fit.May God c us thru.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by seno408(m): 11:22pm On Apr 06, 2013
Docs in the house I really need ur help, plz can u recommend any book that can make me pass my Jamb and Post utme very well.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 07, 2013
Phoenix6278: Fellow medical students
I'♏ terribly stressed as I write this piece,8 full hours of sleep these days is like a fairy tale. The work load is just too much. I have lab practicals close to 4 times a week, each lab lasting abt 4-5 hours! and u have to stand during practicals ! I never knew it was going to be this tough. Last week we had a BCH test; 300 questions for 2 hours and we will be having anatomy CA on wednesday (200 questions). The annoying part is the dissection classes, Formaline forces tears from my eyes, and its stench can be unbearable at times. At times, I ask the question 'what have I gotten myself into?'
I really needed somewhere to rant and what better place than a forum of medical students who have gone through what I'♏ going through.
I'♏ not broken yet and I don't think I will ever will,beneath the stress I still find joy exploring the human body, we love our cadavar so much that we even gave him a name, there's this joy that comes over you when you see 'the long head of biceps originating from the supraglenoid cavity of scapula' a feeling of fulfilment comes over you when u discover why the kenyans always win long distance races (increase in the rbc production due to them staying in high/mountainous areas), and u marvel at the many reactions going on in the human body (methylation, iodination, hydrolysis and a whole lot of others).
I guess I'll get used to the whole stress and I strongly believe that my passion will override whatever the lecturers throw at me cos I really can't imagine myself studying anything else. I guess I'♏ in love with this course!
Pardon my long post, How's everyone doing! Its been a while
Medical school = Stress! Thats about the simplest way of saying it... Am facing the same thing over here, Your BCH, is it in the MCQ format ni? We write essay over here.... I wish you luck with the Anatomy test... Our cadavers over here says "hi" lol

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 8:08am On Apr 07, 2013
seno408: Docs in the house I really need ur help, plz can u recommend any book that can make me pass my Jamb and Post utme very well.
Hey Boss,try usin d jamb combined past questn n answer and if u can get Lamlab textbooks for each subject.I can assure u dat.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 8:09am On Apr 07, 2013
adeaugustus:
Medical school = Stress! Thats about the simplest way of saying it... Am facing the same thing over here, Your BCH, is it in the MCQ format ni? We write essay over here.... I wish you luck with the Anatomy test... Our cadavers over here says "hi" lol
Plz o,watz d MCQ n cadava......sry,ama learner.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 9:48am On Apr 07, 2013
labodinho: Plz o,watz d MCQ n cadava......sry,ama learner.

MCQ: multiple choice questions..... Just like WAEC objectives, some are in the 1in5 format i.e options A B C D E, while others are in the true/false format.... You can write about 500mcqs in one sitting, maybe 2hrs shaa

cadavers: human dead bodies you dissect during anatomy class, you see everything raw, yes i mean RAW!!! Stomachs, lungs, muscles, nerves, intestines, even brains!!!!

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 07, 2013
Lagusta:

MCQ: multiple choice questions..... Just like WAEC objectives, some are in the 1in5 format i.e options A B C D E, while others are in the true/false format.... You can write about 500mcqs in one sitting, maybe 2hrs shaa

cadavers: human dead bodies you dissect during anatomy class, you see everything raw, yes i mean RAW!!! Stomachs, lungs, muscles, nerves, intestines, even brains!!!!

Our MCQ is like the combination of the two formats, Such that you write T/F in front of the correct option. E.g.

About Nairaland:
(a) It's a social network...... F
(b) it's owned by the govt....F
(c) It's owned by Seun......F
(d) Owned by Seun Osewa....T
(e) It's a forum for 9jerian.....T

so we choose the right options by writng T/F infront of all the options, any wrong option will lead to penalty of -0.5 so no room for guess work.... Happy sunday boss

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 1:39pm On Apr 07, 2013
adeaugustus:

Our MCQ is like the combination of the two formats, Such that you write T/F in front of the correct option. E.g.

About Nairaland:
(a) It's a social network...... F
(b) it's owned by the govt....F
(c) It's owned by Seun......F
(d) Owned by Seun Osewa....T
(e) It's a forum for 9jerian.....T

so we choose the right options by writng T/F infront of all the options, any wrong option will lead to penalty of -0.5 so no room for guess work.... Happy sunday boss

in fact, you are absotivelinfitessimalutely correct!!!!

Happy sunday to you too boss!!! smiley

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 3:55pm On Apr 07, 2013
Lagusta:

MCQ:- hw'r u expected to finish d whole of 500 qustnz in jst 2hrs?? Dis medico na die o.d mcq,is it d yearly examz? Cadava:- is der any punishment if u vomit or if u r afraid?cos seeing all dos tinz for d first tym is like seein death n yur so called precious body being disected right in yur very eye.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 5:28pm On Apr 07, 2013
labodinho: MCQ:- hw'r u expected to finish d whole of 500 qustnz in jst 2hrs?? Dis medico na die o.d mcq,is it d yearly examz? Cadava:- is der any punishment if u vomit or if u r afraid?cos seeing all dos tinz for d first tym is like seein death n yur so called precious body being disected right in yur very eye.

MCQ: na so we see am ooo, i have written 500 MCQs in one and half hours, obstetrics and gynecology, and about 850mcqs in pathology....

Just try and be practising them, they usually repeat MCQs....

As for the cadavers, well dont worry, uLll get used to it, a matter of time....

One secret i use is to visualize the bodies as manikins or dummies....

And please dont run away from the lab ooo, because the lecturers will set questions on the muscles and organs seen during the practical exams....

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (912) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.