Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,874 members, 7,810,330 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (574) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1824055 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 7:13am On Dec 14, 2018
Mandeyy:
Pm me.
Done
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by PharmJohn88(m): 10:29pm On Dec 14, 2018
Icus1:

Thats nice,,, U are actually right abt d extra 1pts and dats if u pass all d courses.
Is d 16pts cut off from d school or from jupeb cus i assure u dah 16pts aint easy although posible,, so,,i wud advise u to look out for uni dah accept below 16pts sud incase.

Aright.
I'll do exactly that.
Thanks!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by elmedico2023(m): 1:51am On Dec 15, 2018
I have taken jamb 4 times for Medicine but I have never gone beyond the 230 mark. That's why I have not gotten medicine.

I want to give it a final blow now. I'd love everyone to contribute on the text book to get, JAMB tips, and if you had a 300 and above I'll be happy if you sure can be of help.

Thank you very much.

We would all pull through.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 2:03am On Dec 15, 2018
elmedico2023:
I have taken jamb 4 times for Medicine but I have never gone beyond the 230 mark. That's why I have not gotten medicine.

I want to give it a final blow now. I'd love everyone to contribute on the text book to get, JAMB tips, and if you had a 300 and above I'll be happy if you sure can be of help.

Thank you very much.

More than 4 times and u haven't been able to go above 230
shocked

My Candid Advice : join one of these jamb lessons or, get a private teacher..
+, apply to a less competitive school.
State uni's wount be a bad idea too.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kelmicheal: 8:31am On Dec 15, 2018
uniabuja refused to release MBBS direct entry lists till now. any applicants here let know each other
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrholuwaTOBI(m): 9:02am On Dec 15, 2018
elmedico2023:

Thank you very much.

Bro, don't give up. You can increase your chances and score when you read hard. Others will definitely communicate their materials to you.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chiwill22: 9:55am On Dec 15, 2018
rasaquadri:

All the best with ur opinion but that doesn't change the fact these schools u just denigrated attract the best out of many and will also produce the best

Oga don't pretend he didn't make points. What he said has huge truth in it. The guy has made his points..........
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bigboy289(m): 10:38am On Dec 15, 2018
please guys, does oou accept second choice to study mbbs or which other uni accepts second choice thanks in advance
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Acecube(m): 12:20pm On Dec 15, 2018
kelmicheal:
uniabuja refused to release MBBS direct entry lists till now. any applicants here let know each other
Yours is okay as your school hasn't released any.

Unilorin has released some names here. I'm still yet to see anything, I'm just praying that my hard work won't be in vain

Bsc (2.1, Anatomy Unilorin) and putme 88%.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kelmicheal: 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2018
Acecube:
Yours is okay as your school hasn't released any.

Unilorin has released some names here. I'm still yet to see anything, I'm just praying that my hard work won't be in vain

Bsc (2.1, Anatomy Unilorin) and putme 88%.
. Omo you score high ooo u will be admitted dnt worry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2018
Easymoneychampa:
my case Is similar to d OP above. I applied to unilag but later change to oou mbbs due to competition and got it. But Im in love with unilag due to its better standard and lesser fees.do u think I should give u lag one last trial I'm nineteen .

Oga no patient will ask you where u graduated from so stay where you are. If it's b/c of high tuition, you can try again

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrImmaculate(m): 5:03pm On Dec 15, 2018
Easymoneychampa:
my case Is similar to d OP above. I applied to unilag but later change to oou mbbs due to competition and got it. But Im in love with unilag due to its better standard and lesser fees.do u think I should give u lag one last trial I'm nineteen .

I don't really know why some people like to belittle their gold. So far you've gotten your dream course irrespective of the school, take it and make the best out of it. OOU is one of the best state school in Nigeria and to be frank, you might likely not get MBBS in Unilag. go check their cutoff mark ... besides look at ur age, thank God you got MBBS in your teens, nobody cares about where you schooled.
A word is enough for the wise .

7 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 5:19pm On Dec 15, 2018
elmedico2023:

Thank you very much.

Given that you've dedicated 4 yrs to your textbooks, I feel you must have covered all of it by now. If you haven't then start from there. Read everything and test yourself after each topic. If you fail more than 2 questions for any topic, read that topic again till you know it well

when you have completed reading everything, the next step is simply consolidation of what you've learnt. Speed and sharp thinking.
This is where your past questions come in
Take randoms years each for each subject, then time yourself for 2 hours.
After you've taken the test, take note of the topics you had no clue what to do. Those are the topic you are to read until you do not fail more than 2 questions in them.
Take another test and repeat the same with the topics you failed
Take another test and repeat....
Do this till your exams. If your exhaust your past questions, 'Myschool' has an online qbank that is hardly exhaustible, continue there.

Textbooks I used were Modern Biology, New school Chemistry, Senior secondary physics and for english (pdfs for stress laws/Dictionary[to increase my vocabulary])

**Note, learn to work on your weaknesses, that's the key. Physics was my weakness, as such it became my focus when I was preparing for utme. Do the same with whichever subject is your bane
#Goodluck... hope to see you at the other side

14 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Acecube(m): 6:08pm On Dec 15, 2018
kelmicheal:
I really pray so bro... They are almost rounding off first posting embarassed
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Acecube(m): 6:09pm On Dec 15, 2018
kelmicheal:
I really pray so bro... They are almost rounding off first posting embarassed
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chukwukapromise(m): 8:26pm On Dec 15, 2018
Donpre:

Given that you've dedicated 4 yrs to your textbooks, I feel you must have covered all of it by now. If you haven't then start from there. Read everything and test yourself after each topic. If you fail more than 2 questions for any topic, read that topic again till you know it well

when you have completed reading everything, the next step is simply consolidation of what you've learnt. Speed and sharp thinking.
This is where your past questions come in
Take randoms years each for each subject, then time yourself for 2 hours.
After you've taken the test, take note of the topics you had no clue what to do. Those are the topic you are to read until you do not fail more than 2 questions in them.
Take another test and repeat the same with the topics you failed
Take another test and repeat....
Do this till your exams. If your exhaust your past questions, 'Myschool' has an online qbank that is hardly exhaustible, continue there.

Textbooks I used were Modern Biology, New school Chemistry, Senior secondary physics and for english (pdfs for stress laws/Dictionary[to increase my vocabulary])

**Note, learn to work on your weaknesses, that's the key. Physics was my weakness, as such it became my focus when I was preparing for utme. Do the same with whichever subject is your bane
#Goodluck... hope to see you at the other side

Word of wisdom.. Perfect mentor.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 9:48pm On Dec 15, 2018
chiwill22:

Oga don't pretend he didn't make points. What he said has huge truth in it. The guy has made his points..........

He didn't dny the fact mandey made some point which are fact, but still...the best uni will always attract the best!
Raw Truth... Take it.

Mandey.. Why u no go school for Esut, why UNN??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 9:55pm On Dec 15, 2018
Donpre, I sight thee..
Una whedone.

Greeting to all snrs here.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 10:00pm On Dec 15, 2018
ISISs:
Donpre, I sight thee..
Una whedone.

Greeting to all snrs here.
you finally drop ur moore... Hw far studies? Is BCH treating you any better than it is treating me?

I no just know wetin I go do with that course

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 10:14pm On Dec 15, 2018
Donpre:

you finally drop ur moore... Hw far studies? Is BCH treating you any better than it is treating me?

I no just know wetin I go do with that course
Lol..
I never start BCH Oo.
I feel I need more of anatomy.
grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 12:06am On Dec 18, 2018
chukwukapromise:

Word of wisdom.. Perfect mentor.
Lol... just contributing my 2 cents
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 12:09am On Dec 18, 2018
ISISs:

Lol..
I never start BCH Oo.
I feel I need more of anatomy.
grin
If you let me, I no go drop my anatomy textbook but no be only anatomy guys go write for MB.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chiwill22: 1:48pm On Dec 18, 2018
sherlock221:

What do you want to talk about Sir?

OK sir, please I am a graduate of the Rivers state University 2.1 microbiology and I am interested in Med/Surg. I am 26yrs already. Please advice me further on choice of school, and every other necessities. Thank you. Also, I would like to privately talk to any interested persons thanks in anticipation...

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 2:39pm On Dec 18, 2018
chiwill22:

OK sir, please I am a graduate of the Rivers state University 2.1 microbiology and I am interested in Med/Surg. I am 26yrs already. Please advice me further on choice of school, and every other necessities. Thank you

Bro, sincerely I'll advice you check out NDU, uniAbuja, if ur liver na assorted u fit try uniMaid. grin.

N.B: am only advicing based on what u typed, the fact u stated ur age clearly simply signifies u wouldn't want delay getting med/surg hence, the reason for the schools I opted for u.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 2:47pm On Dec 18, 2018
Donpre:

If you let me, I no go drop my anatomy textbook but no be only anatomy guys go write for MB.

U na chief na... grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chiwill22: 3:31pm On Dec 18, 2018
ISISs:

Bro, sincerely I'll advice you check out NDU, uniAbuja, if ur liver na assorted u fit try uniMaid. grin.

N.B: am only advicing based on what u typed, the fact u stated ur age clearly simply signifies u wouldn't want delay getting med/surg hence, the reason for the schools I opted for u.

Very correct sir... Thank you

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ksudr(m): 5:22pm On Dec 18, 2018
elmedico2023:

Thank you very much.

These are the text I read.

Lamlad Physics, invisible teacher in english by dele. Explicit biology(a revise course) plus college biology and Lamlad chemistry

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 12:06am On Dec 19, 2018
ISISs:

U na chief na... grin
na so... whine me well

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OwoukoUrua(m): 10:09am On Dec 19, 2018
Who else is applying UNIMAID?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ojikutuqudus: 11:17am On Dec 19, 2018
[quote author=sherlock221 post=73627575]
Afternoon....I want to apply for DE TO LASU for MBBS also this coming year..can you kindly give me info on how you go about it and challenges faced

(1) (2) (3) ... (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.