Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,467 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1844159 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 9:00pm On Jul 02, 2013
lomaxx:

I just remembered mental state examination component of CNS Exam.

angry angry angry

I hate psychiatry with a passion!!! I prefer kissing a lion that to ever be a resident in psychiatry!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fizboy(m): 12:12am On Jul 03, 2013
great docs in d house I asked a question n no reply seems no one knows abt AAU in here cus most of u guyz are situated in d west or offshores naija *sobing*..bt with dat not withstanding are there tidious calculations in any of d courses in medicine? cus I take much time to comprehend with solvings n dis time I need answers pls..God bless ur hustle peeps
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 12:22pm On Jul 03, 2013
Fizboy: great docs in d house I asked a question n no reply seems no one knows abt AAU in here cus most of u guyz are situated in d west or offshores naija *sobing*..bt with dat not withstanding are there tidious calculations in any of d courses in medicine? cus I take much time to comprehend with solvings n dis time I need answers pls..God bless ur hustle peeps

the only place where u calculate is the statistics part. of community health......

apart from that, all u do is read your books and pass your exams!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by JewelBukky(f): 1:44pm On Jul 03, 2013
Lagusta:

I hate psychiatry with a passion!!! I prefer kissing a lion that to ever be a resident in psychiatry!!
wow!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by JewelBukky(f): 1:45pm On Jul 03, 2013
Lagusta:

the only place where u calculate is the statistics part. of community health......

apart from that, all u do is read your books and pass your exams!!!!
nw dts beta!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fizboy(m): 4:37pm On Jul 03, 2013
Tnxs lagusta
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 03, 2013
lomaxx:

I just remembered mental state examination component of CNS Exam.

angry angry angry
loool.. Ot happens. @Lagusta, I op u were nt offended by ma post.. Waz jx tryin to b funni..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:04pm On Jul 03, 2013
#me@:
loool.. Ot happens. @Lagusta, I op u were nt offended by ma post.. Waz jx tryin to b funni..

which post is that
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dapsondou(m): 9:23pm On Jul 03, 2013
Good evening my Doctors and Pharmacists.
I have not been seeing any Dentists on this thread or maybe i've failed to notice.
Anyway, i'm an aspiring Dentist who wants to study at U.I. I know my doctors here will help us through our time in school because i'm already seeing myself as a student doc.
Dr Lagusta and others(forgive me), i say welldone.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fedric(m): 10:36am On Jul 06, 2013
How to Treat a Urinary
Tract Infection
You don't really think
much about the
importance of your
urinary tract when you
go to the bathroom.
However, when you
have a urinary tract
infection, you probably
have a hard time thinking
about anything
else. Try some of these
ideas to treat a
urinary tract infection.
They range from
medical solutions to at-
home ideas that will
both help you to recover
and ease pain.
Get Some Medical Help
Evaluate your symptoms.
A
urinary tract infection (UTI)
is most
common in women, and
it's caused
by bacteria in the urethra
and the
urinary bladder. [1] Left
untreated,
this bacteria has the
potential to
make its ways to your
kidneys,
where it can damage
them. The
signs that you may have a
UTI
include:
The feeling that you need
to go
frequently but little or
nothing
actually comes out
Pain/burning during
urination
(dysuria)
Fever and/or chills
Abdominal aching and
pain in
the pelvic region
Cloudy or unusually
colored
(dark yellow or greenish)
urine
Blood in the urine
Foul-smelling urine
Go to the doctor if you
think you
have a UTI. You need to
get an
accurate diagnosis,
particularly if
this is your first infection.
UTIs can be caused by
bacteria,
viruses, fungi and even
parasites. Knowing the
cause will
ensure that you get the
right
treatment. A doctor may
need to
prescribe antibiotics,
antifungals, antivirals or
even
anti-parasite drugs.
You need to know what
type of
UTI you have. For
example,
urethritis is the infection of
the
urethra (the channel that
carries
urine from your bladder
outside
your body) while cystitis
is an
infection of the bladder. [
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fedric(m): 10:38am On Jul 06, 2013
[2]
Only a doctor can
prescribe
drugs for such conditions
as
bladder spasms (e.g.,
atropine)
and intense pain.
Moreover, only
a doctor will be able to
determine whether
surgery is
needed. [3]
Take the entire course of
medication that's
prescribed to
you. Unfortunately, UTIs
easily
become resistant if you
don't finish
antibiotics,[4]so follow
the
instructions carefully and
take all
of your pills for the
specified time
period.
Do not drink alcohol if you
are
on antibiotics. It weakens
their
effectiveness.
Stay out of the sun if
you're
prescribed bactrim or any
sulfa
medications.
Call your doctor if you
don't
notice improvements
within a
24-hour period . Even if
you feel
better, take all of your
medicationto completely wipe out the
infection.
Control fever and pain
using
over-the-counter
acetaminophen, ibuprofen
or
naproxen sodium. If you
have
questions about what
works best,
talk to your doctor.
Take an over-the-counte r
medication like Azo
Standard:
Fast Relief for Urinary
Pain . Note
that this medicine will turn
your
urine a bright yellowish
orange
color.
Ask your doctor if you
can take
this medication before
your
appointment because it
may
affect the doctor's ability to
read your test results.
Azo also makes an over-
the-
counter UTI test strip.
Urinate
over the strip and read the
results. Of course, these
at-
home tests aren't perfect.
See
the doctor as a smart
precaution
even if you test negative.
Home Remedies to Make
You Feel
Better
Increase your fluid intake .
Both
during a UTI and after,
you need
lots of fluids to flush out
the
infection and to keep you
hydrated.
Drinking plenty of fluids
can help
to prevent cystitis.[5]
Choose water, non-
caffeinated
tea and other healthy
drinks.
Avoid caffeine, which
could
dehydrate you. Also,
avoid
sugary drinks and alcohol.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fedric(m): 7:15pm On Jul 09, 2013
[2]
Only a doctor can
prescribe
drugs for such conditions
as
bladder spasms (e.g.,
atropine)
and intense pain.
Moreover, only
a doctor will be able to
determine whether
surgery is
needed. [3]
Take the entire course of
medication that's
prescribed to
you. Unfortunately, UTIs
easily
become resistant if you
don't finish
antibiotics,[4]so follow
the
instructions carefully and
take all
of your pills for the
specified time
period.
Do not drink alcohol if you
are
on antibiotics. It weakens
their
effectiveness.
Stay out of the sun if
you're
prescribed bactrim or any
sulfa
medications.
Call your doctor if you
don't
notice improvements
within a
24-hour period . Even if
you feelbetter, take all of your
medication
to completely wipe out the
infection.
Control fever and pain
using
over-the-counter
acetaminophen, ibuprofen
or
naproxen sodium. If you
have
questions about what
works best,
talk to your doctor.
Take an over-the-counte r
medication like Azo
Standard:
Fast Relief for Urinary
Pain . Note
that this medicine will turn
your
urine a bright yellowish
orange
color.
Ask your doctor if you
can take
this medication before
your
appointment because it
may
affect the doctor's ability to
read your test results.
Azo also makes an over-
the-
counter UTI test strip.
Urinate
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 09, 2013
dapsondou: Good evening my Doctors and Pharmacists.
I have not been seeing any Dentists on this thread or maybe i've failed to notice.
Anyway, i'm an aspiring Dentist who wants to study at U.I. I know my doctors here will help us through our time in school because i'm already seeing myself as a student doc.
you are not alone bro!! Am in Dentistry 200L; welcome on board
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 09, 2013
dapsondou: Good evening my Doctors and Pharmacists.
you are not alone bro!! Am in Dentistry ;Great Uniben is my skool welcome onboard
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dapsondou(m): 11:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
Osahon7:
you are not alone bro!! Am in Dentistry ;Great Uniben is my skool welcome onboard

Thanks sir
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:10am On Jul 11, 2013
dapsondou:

Thanks sir
Dentistry is a vry challengin course just dat Jambites(Admission seekers) are so ignorant abt it
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Impulse80(m): 6:56am On Jul 11, 2013
hope to come onboard very soon
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dapsondou(m): 8:43am On Jul 11, 2013
Osahon7:
Dentistry is a vry challengin course just dat Jambites(Admission seekers) are so ignorant abt it

I realised that
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 8:54am On Jul 11, 2013
Osahon7:

Define "challenging"
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dibangoking(m): 11:49am On Jul 11, 2013
Hello,amma yr1 student of uniuyo doing anatomy...tried studying medicine 4 sum yrs but i wasn't given,so i optioned bac to d available admsn in anatomy.I made a mistake of nt takin jamb ds yr....whch means if am to tak d nxt jamb,ad b in 300 lvl.I Nid advice,shud i go on n do a D.E or stil tak d nxt jamb.note am 20.
PS:MEDICINE na my passion aswear!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 11, 2013
Dibangoking: Hello,amma yr1 student of uniuyo doing anatomy...tried studying medicine 4 sum yrs but i wasn't given,so i optioned bac to d available admsn in anatomy.I made a mistake of nt takin jamb ds yr....whch means if am to tak d nxt jamb,ad b in 300 lvl.I Nid advice,shud i go on n do a D.E or stil tak d nxt jamb.note am 20.

If it's your age you're considering, you're still very young...by very, i mean VERY! I have people in their late 30's in my class. If medicine is your passion, there's no harm trying again and giving it all ur shot.

@Dr. Lomaxx, u're a badt guy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 11, 2013
lomaxx:

Define "challenging"
challenging in d sense dat in Dentistry u finish everything abt Medicine in 5yrs and use 1 yr to do ur faculty courses;; Challengin in d sense dat afta House job u nid to write WACS primaries to ensure yhu are accepted in a residency program::::Satisfied??

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 11, 2013
Did I ever mention on this thread that I was once in Faculty of Dentistry in a Nigerian university
I seriously don't get why those guys try so hard to prove that they're better than medical doctors. Why can't we all just believe we're equal and be fine with each other? What's with the complex

Dr. Osahon, are you now saying Dentistry is more challenging than Medicine
By the way, i like your name....reminds me of a friend with the same name, now studying Medicine in UI. kiss kiss
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 2:23pm On Jul 11, 2013
Osahon7:
challenging in d sense dat in Dentistry u finish everything abt Medicine in 5yrs and use 1 yr to do ur faculty courses;; Challengin in d sense dat afta House job u nid to write WACS primaries to ensure yhu are accepted in a residency program::::Satisfied??

now I know u are not just funny, but hilarious!!!

so we don't write primaries after house job abi

like my sweetie alutacontinua said, let's all just treat ourselves equally and work together to achieve that same goal: to make the patient felt better!!!

well, I have a cavity in my tooth, can you fill it with cement, Plss don't pull it out!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obinnau(m): 3:16pm On Jul 11, 2013
From my own understanding medics and dentists are pretty much on the same level and footing, the only problem I see there is that people feel like that if I didn't study medicine, then there is no other better area in the health world. My 100 cents though.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 11, 2013
Yes,i remember u said some time last yr..
alutacontinua: Did I ever mention on this thread that I was once in Faculty of Dentistry in a Nigerian university
I seriously don't get why those guys try so hard to prove that they're better than medical doctors. Why can't we all just believe we're equal and be fine with each other? What's with the complex

Dr. Osahon, are you now saying Dentistry is more challenging than Medicine
By the way, i like your name....reminds me of a friend with the same name, now studying Medicine in UI. kiss kiss
dnt mind dat guy jhor!!:..he knws nufn...
Sumfin i wl alwez tell my peepz....medicine n dentistry is just d same,they r equal,none is above d other!!!.......
D guy is a JJC,he should go n check d very first pages of dis thread,we've cleared all dis things...
I so much love dentistry n its either dentistry or nufn else..buh nt because i fink its better than medicine...,buh because reasons well knwn to me!!...dentistry is a very challenging field,we agree, buh d way u say ur things show that u r nt even interested in d denstistry n u feel defeated....

My broda...what is ur main reason 4 studying dentistry?..were u interested or u found urself when medicine could nt work out or sumfin??...pls knw ur dreams n stop all this nonsense u post here n it shall b well wif ur soul

denstistry n medicine...both is 6yrs,one yr housemanship,u do d same exams ,u do d same fellowship,u r under d same board...what else do u need to show u,its d same wide medicine@Osahon

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 11, 2013
My boss,u caused it jhor,u shld hv ignored d guy ...
lomaxx:

Define "challenging"

pls doctors,, am i d only one missing Dr.Gboy?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 4:49pm On Jul 11, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
My boss,u caused it jhor,u shld hv ignored d guy ...

pls doctors,, am i d only one missing Dr.Gboy?

Yeah, where is Dr. Gboy?

he has gone to hibernate in the valley of the shadow of BOOKS!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 8:53pm On Jul 11, 2013
Dibangoking: Hello,amma yr1 student of uniuyo doing anatomy...tried studying medicine 4 sum yrs but i wasn't given,so i optioned bac to d available admsn in anatomy.I made a mistake of nt takin jamb ds yr....whch means if am to tak d nxt jamb,ad b in 300 lvl.I Nid advice,shud i go on n do a D.E or stil tak d nxt jamb.note am 20.

I think you should continue with your present course of study,and then take the DE route when you roundoff. This might be a better option since you didn't sit for UTME this year.(you made a mistake not writing the UTME in the first place).

Why? because you will be in 300l during the next admission session and will have just one year or so left to graduate.In My Opinion, leaving 300l to start afresh is a waste of time and resources.(it would have been an easier decision to make if you hadnt gone in for anatomy already).

By 23+ you would have been done with your first degree, then you can go in for Medicine.(double achievement wink wink winkthats if the passion remains.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 9:57pm On Jul 11, 2013
D_BestDoc:

I think you should continue with your present course of study,and then take the DE route when you roundoff. This might be a better option since you didn't sit for UTME this year.(you made a mistake not writing the UTME in the first place).

Why? because you will be in 300l during the next admission session and will have just one year or so left to graduate.In My Opinion, leaving 300l to start afresh is a waste of time and resources.(it would have been an easier decision to make if you hadnt gone in for anatomy already).

By 23+ you would have been done with your first degree, then you can go in for Medicine.(double achievement wink wink winkthats if the passion remains.

a million likes!!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 7:46am On Jul 12, 2013
alutacontinua:

@Dr. Lomaxx, u're a badt guy grin grin grin grin grin

Good morning sunshine. grin grin grin ....you of all people know how I try my best to be of good behaviour grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 12, 2013
lomaxx:

Good morning sunshine. grin grin grin ....you of all people know how I try my best to be of good behaviour grin

Morning boss! Seriously, dt guy dey fall my hand. I really tried not to say nothing but i couldn't. embarassed
How are you doing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.