Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (675) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1824012 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jan 25, 2020
Those candidates aspiring to study in University of Maiduguri should stop it. Members of Boko Haram now dress in military uniform and stand on the way, to kidnap people. A Christian guy, named Ropvi Dalep, was recently killed by an under-age Boko Haram member, and shown on a video that has gone viral. Life is precious. Live first. It's only the living that study medicine.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tatarison(m): 12:35am On Jan 26, 2020
Mandeyy:
Those candidates aspiring to study in University of Maiduguri should stop it. Members of Boko Haram now dress in military uniform and stand on the way, to kidnap people. A Christian guy, named Ropvi Dalep, was recently killed by an under-age Boko Haram member, and shown on a video that has gone viral. Life is precious. Live first. It's only the living that study medicine.
May he R.I.P.
He took it as a man. No begging, crying or shaking. He knew he served a living God and knows where he'll end up after life. It is unfortunate that the Gov't is doing little or nothing to counter this terrorism.
Last week, a Vet med female student was kidnapped along Nasarawa high way while she was returning back to school (UDUSOK) and the captors demanded N5,000,000.
Where will her parents get that kind of money from?
Kidnappers are everywhere.
Let's just pray they don't have victory over anyone
PS: she's a muslim.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Acecube(m): 7:55am On Jan 26, 2020
Enjoy wink

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 26, 2020
David2O:

What matters in Jamb is understanding. Good textbooks plus lamlad series as sub-textbook is enough joor. If one is not carefull, past questions app or hardcopies can make one depress. You can imagine after reading a full text back-to-back, then you decided to know how far. At the end of the day, it's 70 Jesus!! I was expecting 90+ not knowing I got some the app failed for me.

On the other hand, Obsessive use of past questions causes Illusion of mastery.
David I disagree with your opinion on past questions oh.... see you are sitting for utme. utme exam isn't like waec or Gce or neco. Utme questions are all composed of objective questions and so this gives them liberty to tweak questions to their taste. for example , the other I just finished reading the the topic on heat gain and heat loss, equilibrium in liquids and current electricity. seriously I read those topics to the point that I could break it down to a 2year old child(lol) but do you believe that when I started feeling like a boss and opened my hardcopy past questions hoping to blast it. I saw questions on those topics I had read and out of 50 my score was 28 . i was so shocked I went to review those questions which I failed and discovered that the problem was mot that I didnt know the questions, but the manner in which the question was brought was unlike anything I have seen before.. what I'm trying to hit home is that, jamb have a way of changing pattern of questions that you think you know, regularly studying (note that I didn't say solving , I said studying) past questions shows you the various ways in which a questions under a topic can come, so that when you see such questions in the main exam, you won't be taking by suprise. don't just solve the past questions also study the pattern in which it was brought and save it to your memory.. I bet you if you use this technique David, you will be hitting nothing less than 290 in your test. it's true that the past questions we have now are mostly filled with false answers, most especially biology and English. I have had to correct my biology past question many times instead of it correcting me(can you imagine) this is why you need to study past questions with your textbook by your side. Asfor English language , please try and get Invisible teacher by dele a shade ( I stole mine from a friend as he did not want to give it to me lol). Your vocabulary as well as your scores in English will improve greatly if you use that textbook.for chemistry , physics and biology, I personally use modern biology,( modern biology is simply the best for biology, and I have my reasons) for physics I use new school coupled with a pdf textbook that I got online and for chemistry, like you have already guessed , it's lamlad( I love lamlad chemistry). lamlad seems to be very popular now... sorry for the long write up. I just wanted to straighten your opinion on pastquestions.. By the way, are you still aspiring for ibadan?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by David2O(m): 3:50pm On Jan 26, 2020
BRYAN999:
David I disagree with your opinion on past questions oh.... see you are sitting for utme. utme exam isn't like waec or Gce or neco. Utme questions are all composed of objective questions and so this gives them liberty to tweak questions to their taste. for example , the other I just finished reading the the topic on heat gain and heat loss, equilibrium in liquids and current electricity. seriously I read those topics to the point that I could break it down to a 2year old child(lol) but do you believe that when I started feeling like a boss and opened my hardcopy past questions hoping to blast it. I saw questions on those topics I had read and out of 50 my score was 28 . i was so shocked I went to review those questions which I failed and discovered that the problem was mot that I didnt know the questions, but the manner in which the question was brought was unlike anything I have seen before.. what I'm trying to hit home is that, jamb have a way of changing pattern of questions that you think you know, regularly studying (note that I didn't say solving , I said studying) past questions shows you the various ways in which a questions under a topic can come, so that when you see such questions in the main exam, you won't be taking by suprise. don't just solve the past questions also study the pattern in which it was brought and save it to your memory.. I bet you if you use this technique David, you will be hitting nothing less than 290 in your test. it's true that the past questions we have now are mostly filled with false answers, most especially biology and English. I have had to correct my biology past question many times instead of it correcting me(can you imagine) this is why you need to study past questions with your textbook by your side. Asfor English language , please try and get Invisible teacher by dele a shade ( I stole mine from a friend as he did not want to give it to me lol). Your vocabulary as well as your scores in English will improve greatly if you use that textbook.for chemistry , physics and biology, I personally use modern biology,( modern biology is simply the best for biology, and I have my reasons) for physics I use new school coupled with a pdf textbook that I got online and for chemistry, like you have already guessed , it's lamlad( I love lamlad chemistry). lamlad seems to be very popular now... sorry for the long write up. I just wanted to straighten your opinion on pastquestions.. By the way, are you still aspiring for ibadan?
I will consider your view as Add-up point. Thanks for your contribution.
Yes, I am.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 7:19pm On Jan 26, 2020
Seriously u have said it all I have guys that learn past questions instead of cross -checking with their books and they ended up with 220/250 the truth is that many students assume instead of reading. Go through past questions and also just read your books
BRYAN999:
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chrysan(f): 10:47pm On Jan 26, 2020
kempreze:

3.5million
thanks are u a student there
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jossyjoel16: 2:03am On Jan 27, 2020
Sorry to derail this thread.
On my birth certificate, I have 4 names; Uzor Jacob Vindi Eze, and on all of my other certificates I'm using the first 3 names; Uzor Jacob Vindi. Please is there any cause for concern? Will this in any way affect me? Maybe during employment or Visa Application.. Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 27, 2020
chrysan:
thanks are u a student there
No, wanted to apply then but picked race b/c of the fee.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donayobami1(m): 12:32pm On Jan 27, 2020
Please I need easy to understand texts for MB2 like Chaurasia for anatomy and Sembulingam for physiology which easy texts are there for haemat, pharmac, forensic path, chem path and micro?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 27, 2020
BRYAN999:
do you use only lamlad chemistry?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ModestGal(f): 7:44pm On Jan 27, 2020
BRYAN999:
You seem to be very familiar with Jamb, I wrote jamb 10years ago so im very unfamiliar with it, im planning to write jamb this year, wouldnt mind to do a study along with you, can I?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by David2O(m): 8:18pm On Jan 27, 2020
ModestGal:

You seem to be very familiar with Jamb, I wrote jamb 10years ago so im very unfamiliar with it, im planning to write jamb this year, wouldnt mind to do a study along with you, can I?
I need a study partner too. maybe we should create a micro Whatsapp group
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:38am On Jan 28, 2020
ModestGal:

sure!! You can drop your number so I can add you on whatsapp.... by the way are you aspiring for medicine also?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:39am On Jan 28, 2020
David2O:
David I think you should create the what's app group , so we can all join. Or what do you think?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:44am On Jan 28, 2020
ARCHEMEDESME:

do you use only lamlad chemistry?
i use lamlad and new school chemistry ( for refrence purposes though)
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 28, 2020
BRYAN999:
i use lamlad and new school chemistry ( for refrence purposes though)
so you rarely use new school?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by David2O(m): 8:48am On Jan 28, 2020
BRYAN999:
David I think you should create the what's app group , so we can all join. Or what do you think?
Hmm... OK sir
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ModestGal(f): 9:18am On Jan 28, 2020
BRYAN999:
sure!! You can drop your number so I can add you on whatsapp.... by the way are you aspiring for medicine also?
090*74*67*98*26
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ModestGal(f): 9:21am On Jan 28, 2020
David2O:
Yea,chat me on whatsapp, here please, 09074679826
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ModestGal(f): 9:21am On Jan 28, 2020
BRYAN999:

1 Like

David2O:

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Commmy: 11:19am On Jan 28, 2020
David2O:
Hmm... OK sir
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Khub: 12:10pm On Jan 28, 2020
add me too 081zero56526seven6
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gemineye: 2:47pm On Jan 28, 2020
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Undilutedme: 3:08pm On Jan 28, 2020
There's already a group for medicine aspirants qnd it's really hot. Quote me with ur number and I'll send you the link to ot
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gemineye: 6:03pm On Jan 28, 2020
Undilutedme:
There's already a group for medicine aspirants qnd it's really hot. Quote me with ur number and I'll send you the link to ot
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Slimdan360: 12:14am On Jan 29, 2020
ModestGal:

Pls can I send u my number so u can add me to the group
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:25am On Jan 29, 2020
ARCHEMEDESME:

so you rarely use new school?
okay met me explain better. the only time I really used new school was when I wanted to read about metals and non metals and their compounds. I used news school here because explained better unlike lamlad that doesn't have time for stories... but when it comes to the calculation aspect of chemistry , just give lamlad a standing ovation ( if you know what I mean) but as regards explanations on metals, non metals and their compounds, new school clearly beat lamlad there... and you know in this particular topic ( metals, non metals and their compounds) you need all the story you can get, because jamb sets question from that topic every year, so I just needed new school to help my ministry in that aspect... but what about you, what textbooks do you use?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:01am On Jan 29, 2020
David2O:
Hmm... OK sir
abeg I no be sir oh!lol... I be guy man like you...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ModestGal(f): 6:56am On Jan 29, 2020
Slimdan360:

Pls can I send u my number so u can add me to the group
Yes

(1) (2) (3) ... (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.