Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1847307 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 20, 2013
joeydozzy:

You've forgotten so soon? That was just 2 years ago shocked :

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
I didn't do part 2 in Nigeria. Only did Part 1 and ran away. lipsrsealed
Just knew part 2 courses through senior colleagues, guess other things wiped it off my memory and i didn't wanna drop false info.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 20, 2013
alutacontinua:

Why didn't you cut cadaver?
U dey fear

The formaldehyde wey dem dey bath dem tire me and everyone forms don. So, me dey respect myself
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2013
alutacontinua:

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
I didn't do part 2 in Nigeria. Only did Part 1 and ran away. lipsrsealed
Just knew part 2 courses through senior colleagues, guess other things wiped it off my memory and i didn't wanna drop false info.

Where, Ukraine?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 20, 2013
joeydozzy:

The formaldehyde wey dem dey bath dem tire me and everyone forms don. So, me dey respect myself

grin grin angry angry D stench of that thing can be annoying and the 'choking' part lipsrsealed lipsrsealed sad

joeydozzy:
Where, Ukraine?

Carribean!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 20, 2013
alutacontinua:
Carribean!

St Kitts?
Winslow?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 1:43pm On Jul 20, 2013
Wot of pharmacology? @vicksbaba,are u a diploma student or a fresher?Aluta continua and joeyz can u just give a little details on doze 3 cozez.D strike is d barrier between unilag pre medical students and idi araba now,
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 20, 2013
aliandro: Wot of pharmacology? @vicksbaba,are u a diploma student or a fresher?Aluta continua and joeyz can u just give a little details on doze 3 cozez.D strike is d barrier between unilag pre medical students and idi araba now,

If I'm not making a mistake, I think pharmacology is in Part 4 or so...
I think joeyz would be helpful in giving details about the courses.
@joeydozzy, i'm a lil bit conscious abt dt information you want from me. I might not be able to give it out here. Unfortunately, i don't do pms again (courtesy of my signature) but if you wanna discuss it, i can spare 3 back-and-forth e-mails. wink PM me!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 20, 2013
aliandro: Wot of pharmacology? @vicksbaba,are u a diploma student or a fresher?Aluta continua and joeyz can u just give a little details on doze 3 cozez.D strike is d barrier between unilag pre medical students and idi araba now,

Anatomy,BCH and Physio are for 2nd MB.Bs class
Pharmacology and Pathology/lab medicine are for 3rd MB.Be class

you're still in 1st MB.BS class, pass that you move to the next class and it continues all the way to 5th M.B.BS class, the shortest.

Anatomy is divided into embryology, Histology and morbid/Gross Anatomy. Morbid takes the lion's share

BCH comprises genetics, medical, metabolic,etc etc

Physiology as well has over 10 subclasses

All of these, you'll do under 18 months. S'ogbo?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 20, 2013
Aluta, Gotcha wink wink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 2:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
So 18 months makes a year in medical school
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 20, 2013
aliandro: So 18 months makes a year in medical school

1st M.B.BS- 1 year

2nd- 18 months

3rd- 14 months give or take
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 2:16pm On Jul 20, 2013
Thanks 4 d info.Are u alxo @ cmul
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 20, 2013
aliandro: Thanks 4 d info.Are u alxo @ cmul

No
far away, far away
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 5:22pm On Jul 20, 2013
Nice replies joeydozzy!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vicksbaba(m): 7:09pm On Jul 20, 2013

Diploma...i passed my cutoff mark(thank God d stress is over!).....we are just waiting for u guys...6 or 8 months to idiaraba....gesse.......ok about d cadavers..i have been thinking...are d cadavers going to be naked or clothed?.....at least dey should have respect for d dead and cloth the cadaver, exposing only areas needed to be disected.....ermm..is dere any way i can get the syllabus including the old notes and pastquestions for anatomy, biochem and physiology....i can't spend this hols not doing anything....already sick of not reading...

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 20, 2013
^^^lol The cadavers are not clothed. It'll be an inconvenience to students to UnCloth and dissect. Don't worry, we respect the cadavers. You'll understand when you get there

As for past questions and notes, you'll get them from your peers at Idi-Araba.

But I advice you to enjoy the hols and don't be bothered or being too fast forward. Sure, it shows you're willing and a good student but it kinda also shows you're not fully prepared for it
This is the best hols you'll get. Better enjoy it instead of getting tied down to books

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 9:38pm On Jul 20, 2013
Congrats,vicksbaba.D rest of nairalanders/akokites will meet u dere by February.we are still here sleeping due 2 d strike waiting 4 d remaining 4 weeks of lectures den kickstart our final exams dat opens d door of d great hall of CMUL.Was ur results pasted 1nce again?How many of u finally made it?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 8:58am On Jul 21, 2013
vicksbaba:

Diploma...i passed my cutoff mark(thank God d stress is over!).....we are just waiting for u guys...6 or 8 months to idiaraba....gesse.......ok about d cadavers..i have been thinking...are d cadavers going to be naked or clothed?.....at least dey should have respect for d dead and cloth the cadaver, exposing only areas needed to be disected.....ermm..is dere any way i can get the syllabus including the old notes and pastquestions for anatomy, biochem and physiology....i can't spend this hols not doing anything....already sick of not reading...

Lol @ cadavers being clothed cheesy,start thinking of them as stuffs to help you with the mastery of anatomical structures.They are nothing but stuffs man.
And about being bored,i understand that perfectly(you go c books tire sha).Any holiday exceeding two weeks is like a waste of time to me,especially if i dont have anything meanful to invest my time in.

I can share some ebooks and some lecture videos with you to keep you busy,if you are on skype let me know.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vicksbaba(m): 11:22am On Jul 21, 2013
aliandro: Congrats,vicksbaba.D rest of nairalanders/akokites will meet u dere by February.we are still here sleeping due 2 d strike waiting 4 d remaining 4 weeks of lectures den kickstart our final exams dat opens d door of d great hall of CMUL.Was ur results pasted 1nce again?How many of u finally made it?

dey pasted it on wednessday but removed it in the evening at the order of the subdean( because other faculties haven't complied there results)...some people snapped the result....out of 137 Medicine students, only 38 of us passed the minimum cgpa of 4.50...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vicksbaba(m): 11:29am On Jul 21, 2013
D_BestDoc:

Lol @ cadavers being clothed cheesy,start thinking of them as stuffs to help you with the mastery of anatomical structures.They are nothing but stuffs man.
And about being bored,i understand that perfectly(you go c books tire sha).Any holiday exceeding two weeks is like a waste of time to me,especially if i dont have anything meanful to invest my time in.

I can share some ebooks and some lecture videos with you to keep you busy,if you are on skype let me know.

i am not on Skype ooo..........lecture videos and ebooks........i am interested ooo!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 12:29pm On Jul 21, 2013
vicksbaba:

i am not on Skype ooo..........lecture videos and ebooks........i am interested ooo!!

I don't know how else to send the files to you,would have been perfect if you were on skype.I guess you just have to relax and have fun while you wait for resumption.

All the Best!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 5:33pm On Jul 21, 2013
Lagusta:

haaaa!!!!!!!! where have u been since nah, where u travel go
na bukwok oo,,,thanks to d strike,I've been able to "peep" nd si w@ has trandspired.... Doc aluta wata gwan?hauz med skul?,,D best Doc.. I guess i vent welcomed u#dusts red carpet and rolls it out# ur highly welcome.more grey matter too ur cerebrum..hpe med skul ova dere aint tuf? To d pre-medics and dose hu care 2 answa,,i ask again w@ do u think about this strike?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 1:02am On Jul 22, 2013
@glowinshyn D strike has disrupted our calendar here in Unilag.our final exams is 4 weeks away when it commenced.Diz is just d best tym 2 read every left over notes and even read ahead d lecturers.D awful info i got here on nairaland was dat deir nxt meeting is slated 4 August 29th,so we got 1 month 2 go.............##
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 6:18am On Jul 22, 2013
glowin2shyn: na bukwok oo,,,thanks to d strike,I've been able to "peep" nd si w@ has trandspired.... Doc aluta wata gwan?hauz med skul?,,D best Doc.. I guess i vent welcomed u#dusts red carpet and rolls it out# ur highly welcome.more grey matter too ur cerebrum..hpe med skul ova dere aint tuf? To d pre-medics and dose hu care 2 answa,,i ask again w@ do u think about this strike?

Thanks dear
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 12:33am On Jul 23, 2013
vicksbaba:

dey pasted it on wednessday but removed it in the evening at the order of the subdean( because other faculties haven't complied there results)...some people snapped the result....out of 137 Medicine students, only 38 of us passed the minimum cgpa of 4.50...
Seriously? , only 38 passed the cutoff, what happens to the remaining 99 students? ...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vicksbaba(m): 1:18am On Jul 23, 2013
Dr.Gboy:

Seriously? , only 38 passed the cutoff, what happens to the remaining 99 students? ...

Maybe they will reduce d cutoff
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Toluk1(f): 4:41pm On Jul 23, 2013
I'm tired of 100l UI. Physics don tire me especially d practicals. ASUU shud just end dia wahala so we'll quickly finish 100l and move 4ward jare.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vicksbaba(m): 5:08pm On Jul 23, 2013
Ok now i am really confused......got the part 1 guide from a friend
Under physiology , biochem and anatomy we have 1ST TO 4TH incourses......wat do this mean? Wat do dey mean by incourse? sad undecided cry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by JewelBukky(f): 5:55pm On Jul 23, 2013
[quote author=Tolu k]I'm tired of 100l UI. Physics don tire me especially d practicals. ASUU shud just end dia wahala so we'll quickly finish 100l and move 4ward jare.[/quote ] Eeyaa sowie. Nt 2 worry tinx wil get beta soon. U jst always hlp dem in prayers. Meanwyl, is it MBBS 100L? COZ i dnt wanna do dt phy @ all jst pray its evitable o.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vicksbaba(m): 7:15pm On Jul 23, 2013
[quote author=Jewel Bukky][/quote]

Dis is d part i break ur heart....yep physics is compulsory....yep for 100 lv medicine....and d good news is dat it carries one of d highest unit....a 3 unit course...if u have a C in it believe me ur Grade Point may suffer.....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by JewelBukky(f): 9:26pm On Jul 23, 2013
Geeeeez! Sha, God dey! Till den 1st. Tnx
vicksbaba:

Dis is d part i break ur heart....yep physics is compulsory....yep for 100 lv medicine....and d good news is dat it carries one of d highest unit....a 3 unit course...if u have a C in it believe me ur Grade Point may suffer.....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 7:00am On Jul 25, 2013
vicks,are yu a diploma student unilag?? if yes,pls guide on aw to purchase and registr for unilag diploma mbbs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.