Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,912 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1838948 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by saheven: 10:00am On Jul 25, 2013
I am currently a nursing student @ OAU-300l. But i really love to study medicine. Pls i need encouragement as i will be writing jamb next year. Thanks potential colleagues
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 2:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
Physics, known as PHS 's in unilag,d most dreaded.u just ave 2 read and pass.A "B" is okay 4 dat but if u can be on ur toes all tru d semester "A" is sure.I hate d practical most thanks 2 my fellow nairalander NA U OOOO,u know urself.@ d remaining 99,utme candidates 2nd semester will decide that.@dr gboy,Happy Holz.........
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 2:18pm On Jul 25, 2013
I've been reading some posts about the fear of physics, mathematics etc amongst MBBS aspirants and MBBS students in situ. There's nothing to be afraid of. Una own better sef.
I was an Arts student in FGC, Ikom. Finished as an Arts student; wrote O'levels in Arts only. Then left secondary school and decided to study Medicine.
I had never done physics before. Never did chemistry. The only science subject I did was biology. But I still wanted Medicine.
Between May/June 2007 and Nov/Dec 2008, I read physics and chemistry on my own, attended a few lessons, sat for WASSCE Nov/Dec that year in the science and arts subjects, smashed them, went on to JAMB & post-UTME smashed them too.
It was in the university during my pre-medical year that the paranoia of physics and chemistry chased me considering where I came from. It was even worse. University physics & chemistry was a lil tougher. But I had all As in all- first and second semester.
And this is where the relevance of this post comes in. You had done the science subjects (physics, maths, etc) in your secondary school. So you have a strong foundation. Or at least, you have a foundation. You have an advantage. Fear not; for the physics you see today, you shall see them no more

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 25, 2013
saheven: I am currently a nursing student @ OAU-300l. But i really love to study medicine. Pls i need encouragement as i will be writing jamb next year. Thanks potential colleagues

Seriously, don't you think that's an expensive one?
I'll say think well before you proceed
Dt'll be 4 years of nursing left behind. Why don't you finish up your nursing and start medicine later

@Dr. Lomaxx, you're book personified na... cool wink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 2:32pm On Jul 25, 2013
lomaxx: I've been reading some posts about the fear of physics, mathematics etc amongst MBBS aspirants and MBBS students in situ. There's nothing to be afraid of. Una own better sef.
I was an Arts student in FGC, Ikom. Finished as an Arts student; wrote O'levels in Arts only. Then left secondary school and decided to study Medicine.
I had never done physics before. Never did chemistry. The only science subject I did was biology. But I still wanted Medicine.
Between May/June 2007 and Nov/Dec 2008, I read physics and chemistry on my own, attended a few lessons, sat for WASSCE Nov/Dec that year in the science and arts subjects, smashed them, went on to JAMB & post-UTME smashed them too.
It was in the university during my pre-medical year that the paranoia of physics and chemistry chased me considering where I came from. It was even worse. University physics & chemistry was a lil tougher. But I had all As in all- first and second semester.
And this is where the relevance of this post comes in. You had done the science subjects (physics, maths, etc) in your secondary school. So you have a strong foundation. Or at least, you have a foundation. You have an advantage. Fear not; for the physics you see today, you shall see them no more
IWE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 25, 2013
lomaxx: I've been reading some posts about the fear of physics, mathematics etc amongst MBBS aspirants and MBBS students in situ. There's nothing to be afraid of. Una own better sef.
I HAIL O!!!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 2:48pm On Jul 25, 2013
Hello...its been kinda long, Dr lagusta I see you oh
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 2:52pm On Jul 25, 2013
Tolu k: I'm tired of 100l UI. Physics don tire me especially d practicals. ASUU shud just end dia wahala so we'll quickly finish 100l and move 4ward jare.
hey Tolu, lol ! Physics practs is another story o, aw has d break been ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 25, 2013
There is nothing to be scared about as per the physics, in my school everybody (even fine art students) took advanced mathematics (5unit) advanced physics(4unit) and advanced chemistry(4unit), all those courses are not to be handled with levity hand, a 'C' in any of them would jeopardize your targeted CGPA.
I had poor mathematical skills, but once I remember the unit attached to the course, omo na reading sure pass oo.. Needless I say, I had A's in them both first and second semester. So it's all about understanding your weak point and focusing on it, it's not as hard as it seems

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 3:04pm On Jul 25, 2013
O.M.E:
Na u nah, my boss of life!!!

well, about the 100L physics, no one should be scared, at least it's just an advanced level, that's all.....

I also had A's in physics and chemistry, just a few B's here and there......

but that is all, cos you will never touch anything physics or even biology after your first year
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 3:18pm On Jul 25, 2013
aliandro: Physics, known as PHS 's in unilag,d most dreaded.u just ave 2 read and pass.A "B" is okay 4 dat but if u can be on ur toes all tru d semester "A" is sure.I hate d practical most thanks 2 my fellow nairalander NA U OOOO,u know urself.@ d remaining 99,utme candidates 2nd semester will decide that.@dr gboy,Happy Holz.........

ur cooperation really worths it too. holz?? dis strike is really delaying idi araba tinz. ermmm take it easy o,i'm sure u're smokin hot for 2nd semstr exams.
don't worry i see u dissecting the thorax of a cadaver.
PRE-CLINICALS...........80% loading....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 3:22pm On Jul 25, 2013
O.M.E:

boss, long tym ooo, it's like u've been gone for a million light yrs
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 3:31pm On Jul 25, 2013
@drgboy,itz just 4 weeks separating us 4rm anatomy,biochemistry and physiology.God will c us through.@ lomaxx,u are smoking hot,no doubt
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 3:51pm On Jul 25, 2013
O.M.E:
hey boss, where u been??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 25, 2013
See lazy students ooo shocked

Oya go knack those physics professors A's na angry angry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 5:49pm On Jul 25, 2013
[quote

author=saheven]I am currently a nursing student @ OAU-300l. But i
really love to study medicine. Pls i need encouragement as i will be
writing jamb next year. Thanks potential colleagues[/quote]r u nt d sme
nursing aspirant on oau thread? u jez wrote jamb n u r here claimin
nursin student 300 lvl bla bla bla,nawa osad

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 6:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
Dr.Gboy:

boss, long tym ooo, it's like u've been gone for a million light yrs
Boss Gboy... Lol ! Na so o, aw fr ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 6:08pm On Jul 25, 2013
Lagusta: hey boss, where u been??
I have been around oh, oga
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 25, 2013
m.esther96:
r u nt d sme
I wonder **watching
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 7:17pm On Jul 25, 2013
Beautiful.
Determination + Hardwork = Dr Lomaxx wink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by postulate321(m): 8:21pm On Jul 25, 2013
m.esther96:
r u nt d sme
nursin student 300 lvl bla bla bla,nawa o sad
hahahaha y u dey fall hands now? She only wants to follow the thread as a medic lol
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by EllyBrainyTM: 8:24pm On Jul 25, 2013
Lagusta and the rest I hail...I thought this thread is meant for the pharmacists,physiotherapists and the likes,but it seems only the medics and medics-related-issue are involve here.#stand to be corrected though#
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 25, 2013
EllyBrainy™:
Lagusta and the rest I hail...I thought this thread is meant for the pharmacists,physiotherapists and the likes,but it seems only the medics and medics-related-issue are involve here.#stand to be corrected though#

Of course, it's meant for everybody. We have peeps here that are lab dudes (na lagusta call dem lyk dt oo) nd Nurses etc
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 9:28pm On Jul 25, 2013
postulate321: hahahaha y u dey fall hands now? She only wants to follow the thread as a medic lol
cheesy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by saheven: 10:35pm On Jul 25, 2013
m.esther96:
r u nt d sme
you don't understand a thing. The truth is that i am a nursn student 300 at OAUTHC (i am sorry for not indicating that before). Though i'm processing admission this year into generic nursing degree and perhaps cross after first year. And indeed my aggregate is 251.5 which is enough to enter nursing @OAU. However, a friend of mine said the crossing of a thing may not be easy and that i should rather try writing jamb rather. So i asked for encouragement not insults. I love you guys and what you're doing but be slow to pass judgement
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 26, 2013
saheven: you don't understand a thing. The truth is that i am a nursn student 300 at OAUTHC (i am sorry for not indicating that before). Though i'm processing admission this year into generic nursing degree and perhaps cross after first year. And indeed my aggregate is 251.5 which is enough to enter nursing @OAU. However, a friend of mine said the crossing of a thing may not be easy and that i should rather try writing jamb rather. So i asked for encouragement not insults. I love you guys and what you're doing but be slow to pass judgement
u confused us then. Gudluck. Y nt jes pursue BNsc nd liv MBBS?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by saheven: 9:46am On Jul 26, 2013
#me@:
u confused us then. Gudluck. Y nt jes pursue BNsc nd liv MBBS?
...because i believe one should work where your full potential will be unleashed...it is really painful that i am getting old now, (early twenties), But my desire is to be in profession where potentials can be fulfilled and yet be respected. Nursing can't give you that. I am sorry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 10:45am On Jul 26, 2013
saheven: ...because i believe one should work where your full potential will be unleashed...it is really painful that i am getting old now, (early twenties), But my desire is to be in profession where potentials can be fulfilled and yet be respected. Nursing can't give you that. I am sorry
You re rait to some extent;but some have their full potentials and respect established in nursing. It's just a matter of choice and how ur passion drives u.
Without any iota of doubt, nursing can't give u d satisfaction med will give u. Age consideration to me when it comes to medicine was what i gave a damn to when I wrote my 1st jamb. After dat, I dont even rememeber to count it again as long as my dream course is actualised. So to speak, one has to commit all to God and seek his direction. Also, one must realise dat one must nt lower one's dream to d level of one's ability but rather increase one's ability to the height of one's dream.251 as an agg in OAU no be beans. I bet it with u, u can do more next year. Since I read it dat MEDICINE is not for the MEDIOCRES... I av made moves to step out of dat and God has been helping me. You just av to give it whatever it takes till u get what u crave for. By the grace of God, this year will not pass by when I shall share my medicine admission into OAU and even UI(if she calls her 2nd choice canditate). Thanks to Dr Alutacontinua who always tells me never to feel complacent with my medicine in eksu.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 11:43am On Jul 26, 2013
@saheven,i dnt mean 2 insult u,jez statin ma own observatn

@amb fitsaint,r u a medical studnt@eksu,n y do u wana change,pls advice an aspirant here o.coz im opting 4 state uni coz of ma low jamb score,pls.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by afobam(m): 11:45am On Jul 26, 2013
@amb fsaint ave been watchn u in 4D 0.olojukokoro, mbbs in eksu,oau,ui... wen sum pple neva see 1. Well na u sha...I tink esther needs to apologize to saheven!..I greet all una ooo.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by afobam(m): 11:45am On Jul 26, 2013
@amb fsaint ave been watchn u in 4D 0.olojukokoro, mbbs in eksu,oau,ui... wen sum pple neva see 1. Well na u sha...I tink esther needs to apologize to saheveen!..I greet all una ooo.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by JewelBukky(f): 12:00pm On Jul 26, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...!!! Dis life sha, sme v got head bt v no cap, sme got cap bt no head to fit in. Nonetheless, "All is well"

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.