Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (771) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1830777 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jolene201(f): 3:51pm On Jan 23, 2021
dukeprince50:
Jolene, is that ur name or the moniker was inspired from something?
wow..I'm just seeing this..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 6:12pm On Jan 23, 2021
anastasius:

That's actually the truth he told you. We all act overzealous as students, when we graduate, reality stare us in the face.
It's not being overzealous bruv. it is about doing proper research. I had been upset about not getting Medicine. Thanks to samuelpeters who enlightened me. I even used to make derogatory remarks about Medicine not because it was true but because I was being subjective in my view.
You don't make assertions when it is not confirmed and that I have learnt from this thread.
MrEggHead I apologise for having seen things subjectively.
So you and yunqdady can go and create an advisory thread for students getting into health related courses.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 6:14pm On Jan 23, 2021
anastasius:

That's actually the truth he told you. We all act overzealous as students, when we graduate, reality stare us in the face.
no harm intended
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 7:19pm On Jan 23, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

It's not being overzealous bruv. it is about doing proper research. I had been upset about not getting Medicine. Thanks to samuelpeters who enlightened me. I even used to make derogatory remarks about Medicine not because it was true but because I was being subjective in my view.
You don't make assertions when it is not confirmed and that I have learnt from this thread.
MrEggHead I apologise for having seen things subjectively.
So you and yunqdady can go and create an advisory thread for students getting into health related courses.
Zeek my man grin
It's okay to be upset when Medicine isn't forthcoming. But it is very childish and immature to degrade others that got it.

The best way to heal is to accept failure and move on. Self denial isn't healthy!
I appreciate all Medical courses. You can see in that other thread defending MLS. Some may think I'm studying MLS. But the fact is; I hate lies! Especially when I know it's coming from the point of unfulfilled ambitions and dreams.

Personally, Nothing is a calling! All these cliche; "I was called to help people, Medicine is my calling bla bla bla" are all Nonsense!
We can be anything and everything, if we put our minds to it and build enough passion around it.

I can give a very standard pros and cons of each Allied Medical courses.

©️2021.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 8:14pm On Jan 23, 2021
samuelpeters:

Zeek my man grin
It's okay to be upset when Medicine isn't forthcoming. But it is very childish and immature to degrade others that got it.

The best way to heal is to accept failure and move on. Self denial isn't healthy!
I appreciate all Medical courses. You can see in that other thread defending MLS. Some may think I'm studying MLS. But the fact is; I hate lies! Especially when I know it's coming from the point of unfulfilled ambitions and dreams.

Personally, Nothing is a calling! All these cliche; "I was called to help people, Medicine is my calling bla bla bla" are all Nonsense!
We can be anything and everything, if we put our minds to it and build enough passion around it.

I can give a very standard pros and cons of each Allied Medical courses.

©️2021.
Much love boss. The thread has taught me a lot.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 8:27pm On Jan 23, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

Much love boss. The thread has taught me a lot.
We learn everyday.

©️2021.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 23, 2021
horpeyemmi66:

It's largely possible from Chemistry to Computer Science since they are both in the Faculty of Science, UI.

By and large, to cross from Chemistry to Computer, you'd have to add courses Computer majors are doing in first year to the courses you'd be offering in first year.

However, please enquire on the crossing modalities as they might have changed.

And for your sake, go for Chemistry_UI not Biochemistry_COMUI.

I wish you the best Timisilver777
" And for your sake, go for chemistry_UI not biochemistry_comui"
Why do you say so?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 23, 2021
anastasius:

Stay away from biochemistry.
Why, What's wrong with Biochemistry_COMUI?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 5:37am On Jan 24, 2021
Timisilver777:

" And for your sake, go for chemistry_UI not biochemistry_comui"
Why do you say so?
They'd put a "Straw" into one's CGPA.

I studied Physiology at UI and offered 7 Biochemistry courses between 200L and 300L.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 24, 2021
horpeyemmi66:

They'd put a "Straw" into one's CGPA.

I studied Physiology at UI and offered 7 Biochemistry courses between 200L and 300L.
Are those courses hard or unreasonably much or it doesn't seem possible to cross over to computer science? Pls I no dey get am bros
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 12:09pm On Jan 24, 2021
Timisilver777:

Are those courses hard or unreasonably much or it doesn't seem possible to cross over to computer science? Pls I no dey get am bros
Simply put, you have better chances crossing from Chemistry to Computer than from Biochemistry to Computer.

Biochemistry is a department of the college of medicine while Chemistry and Computer are under the Faculty of Science.

Even Physically, the departments of Biochemistry and Computer are not in the least close, at all.

Now, if crossing does not work, you're most likely to graduate with a good grade from Chemistry than Biochemistry.

I hope you make good of this nugget.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Adeyanju01: 3:35pm On Jan 24, 2021
[quote author=Froshchuksswart post=97683392]

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Adeyanju01: 4:00pm On Jan 24, 2021
horpeyemmi66:

Alright, I'd be reaching out soon...you can edit your post by removing your number.
. Good Afternoon Sir, How u doing Sir..please I would like into share me your WhatsApp Number Sir..Am a student of Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, 300L human physiology students.. Thanks so much in advance Sir..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DharmieDhrey(m): 4:27pm On Jan 24, 2021
Evening everyone. I sat for last year's UTME but the school I picked is yet to begin her admission process. I'm thinking of a plan B.

I want suggestions on schools to pick this year. UI calendar has become lopsided. How about OAU? Will 2021 jambites be admitted the following year? if not, Kindly suggest schools with colleges of medicine with a very stable academic calendar particularly schools that don't really put O'level grades into consideration..

Thanks, I'm anticipating...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 5:53pm On Jan 24, 2021
Adeyanju01:
. Good Afternoon Sir, How u doing Sir..please I would like into share me your WhatsApp Number Sir..Am a student of Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, 300L human physiology students.. Thanks so much in advance Sir..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 7:12pm On Jan 24, 2021
DharmieDhrey:
Evening everyone. I sat for last year's UTME but the school I picked is yet to begin her admission process. I'm thinking of a plan B.

I want suggestions on schools to pick this year. UI calendar has become lopsided. How about OAU? Will 2021 jambites be admitted the following year? if not, Kindly suggest schools with colleges of medicine with a very stable academic calendar particularly schools that don't really put O'level grades into consideration..

Just chill bro. If it is UI, they will conduct post utme. If you don't want Any problem with calendar, just check Schools that are not in ASUU
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 8:40pm On Jan 24, 2021
DharmieDhrey:

See wetin Nigeria dn cause. Delays left,right and centre.
UI will not admit this year.
OAU; I'm yet to understand the effect of their cancellation of their Academic calendar on JAMB,2021. Since they cancelled 2020/2021 session, they won't admit this year too.

Most College of Medicine are fairly stable. If ASUU will allow. But if you are looking for a very stable calendar, then check schools that are not under ASUU. private universities, DELSU,KWASU(fastest public university), and some other state Universities.

Most schools will conduct post-UME. Even if they would consider O-level, it won't make up to 10-20% of total average.

Also, be patient with the school you applied to. This ASUU/Covid-19 scattered timetable of events in different schools.

©️2021.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Codepain: 9:04pm On Jan 24, 2021
horpeyemmi66:

Simply put, you have better chances crossing from Chemistry to Computer than from Biochemistry to Computer.

Biochemistry is a department of the college of medicine while Chemistry and Computer are under the Faculty of Science.

Even Physically, the departments of Biochemistry and Computer are not in the least close, at all.

Now, if crossing does not work, you're most likely to graduate with a good grade from Chemistry than Biochemistry.

I hope you make good of this nugget.
Please, how is ABU admission policy for medicine and surgery.?
Do they set cutoff mark for putme?
Can you tell me your score you entered with?
Thank you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 10:08pm On Jan 24, 2021
samuelpeters:

See wetin Nigeria dn cause. Delays left,right and centre.
UI will not admit this year.
OAU; I'm yet to understand the effect of their cancellation of their Academic calendar on JAMB,2021. Since they cancelled 2020/2021 session, they won't admit this year too.

Most College of Medicine are fairly stable. If ASUU will allow. But if you are looking for a very stable calendar, then check schools that are not under ASUU. private universities, DELSU,KWASU(fastest public university), and some other state Universities.

Most schools will conduct post-UME. Even if they would consider O-level, it won't make up to 10-20% of total average.

Also, be patient with the school you applied to. This ASUU/Covid-19 scattered timetable of events in different schools.

©️2021.

I doubt kwasu has MEDICINE or Any major health course. Ilorin was the fastest but now they've joined ASUU. I know Delsu is fast. Let him just go to private.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DharmieDhrey(m): 10:27pm On Jan 24, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

I doubt kwasu has MEDICINE or Any major health course. Ilorin was the fastest but now they've joined ASUU. I know Delsu is fast. Let him just go to private.

Thanks for your input. UNILORIN admission isn't transparent. I'm thinking of UNILAG/UNN/DELSU/OOU..

I know Unilag uses 50% UME, 30% POST UME and 20% O'level. I know that of UNN quite well.. But I ain't familiar with DELSU or OOU, can someone help me with them?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DharmieDhrey(m): 10:29pm On Jan 24, 2021
[color=#000000][/color]
Zeeknow3245:

Just chill bro. If it is UI, they will conduct post utme. If you don't want Any problem with calendar, just check Schools that are not in ASUU

Thanks .. but I didn't pick UI, wish I did
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 10:46pm On Jan 24, 2021
DharmieDhrey:

Thanks for your input. UNILORIN admission isn't transparent. I'm thinking of UNILAG/UNN/DELSU/OOU..

I know Unilag uses 50% UME, 30% POST UME and 20% O'level. I know that of UNN quite well.. But I ain't familiar with DELSU or OOU, can someone help me with them?
Yu better zero your mind from unilag or oou. If you don't want to land in health education or biology education better delete unilag. I know you are from south south
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DharmieDhrey(m): 10:58pm On Jan 24, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

Yu better zero your mind from unilag or oou. If you don't want to land in health education or biology education better delete unilag. I know you are from south south

Wait are you saying I can't beat the cut off or wah? I don't really know of OOU but UNILAG discloses their modality to the public. If you beat the merit point, you'll be admitted no matter where you hail from. I'm sure you must have deterred some dudes here who came to seek for advice.. I wonder what performance has to do with one's tribe

Let's be guided.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:10pm On Jan 24, 2021
DharmieDhrey:

Wait are you saying I can't beat the cut off or wah? cause Ion know exactly wah you're driving at..
Is it not medicine you are going for bro? What is your jamb score? What of o level results; How many A's? You know how many questions they Ask and how many marks are awarded for each question Abi?
See bro if you don't have over 320 in jamb, only a's and b's in o level i kindly advise you change your mind. I know horpeyemii66 has said things about this.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DharmieDhrey(m): 11:18pm On Jan 24, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

Is it not medicine you are going for bro? What is your jamb score? What of o level results; How many A's? You know how many questions they Ask and how many marks are awarded for each question Abi?
See bro if you don't have over 320 in jamb, only a's and b's in o level i kindly advise you change your mind. I know horpeyemii66 has said things about this.

Dude, It's obvious you dunno about their modality, I'm quite sure you didn't read my post very well, I haven't even sat for the exam yet, you just came with your bad energy my 2020 score was between 300-315.. I know I would score more than 320 in 2021 , God willing.. I know what's ahead of me.. Let's end this once and for all
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:29pm On Jan 24, 2021
DharmieDhrey:

Dude, It's obvious you dunno about their modality, I'm quite sure you didn't read my post very well, I haven't even sat for the exam yet, you just came with your bad energy my 2020 score was between 300-315.. I know I would score more than 320 in 2021 , God willing.. I know what's ahead of me.. Let's end this once and for all
Bad energy? I hope samuelpeters can help including hopeyemii66. Stay far from unilag if you no get good jamb and O'level
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DharmieDhrey(m): 11:37pm On Jan 24, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

Bad energy? I hope samuelpeters can help including hopeyemii66. Stay far from unilag if you no get good jamb and O'level

.. I know that quite well, thanks.. Like say e don see my O'level results.. since you can't answer my question, abeg forget, others will do without drama.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 12:01am On Jan 25, 2021
DharmieDhrey:

.. I know that quite well, thanks.. Like say e don see my O'level results.. since you can't answer my question, abeg forget, others will do without drama.
Drama? You must have seen their grading system na. No qualms bro.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 12:21am On Jan 25, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

Wow!
I thought they have College of Medicine.
Na private be the only option oh....
Because others dn already bury their umbilical cord with ASUU.

©️2021.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 12:46am On Jan 25, 2021
DharmieDhrey:

DELSU doesn't use O-level. It is your UTME score+post-UTME score.
OOU is UTME+post-UTME+O-level. Same as UNILAG.
UNN is traditionally UTME+post-UTME but there was a year they added O-level. I think about 10-20% of total average.

Like I said in my initial post; Every university conducts her post-UTME. but if they would consider O-level, it won't surpass 10-20% of total average. A fairly good O-level result would be okay.

The Last time FG canceled post-UTME and used only O-level, it was a disaster. That was one of the worst sets in almost all universities. So most universities wouldn't want to base their admission criteria solely on O-level.

©️2021.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 1:08am On Jan 25, 2021
Codepain:

Please, how is ABU admission policy for medicine and surgery.?
Do they set cutoff mark for putme?
Can you tell me your score you entered with?
Thank you
If you're not from the catchment area, try as much as possible to score very high.

At the ABU there are no distinct cut off marks (therefore no guarantees) as there are a variety of scores all admitted for Medicine/Dental Surgery.

My scores aren't a yardstick.

Hence for the purpose of your question, you should aim for 280+ in the UTME and 280+ in the PUTME, with those, you ought to be fine.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 1:33am On Jan 25, 2021
DharmieDhrey:

Wait are you saying I can't beat the cut off or wah? I don't really know of OOU but UNILAG discloses their modality to the public. If you beat the merit point, you'll be admitted no matter where you hail from. I'm sure you must have deterred some dudes here who came to seek for advice.. I wonder what performance has to do with one's tribe

Let's be guided.
You apparently have not enjoyed any of Zeeknow3245's posts on your questions, it's understandable.

Let me come this way, to begin with, time is everything.

Also, Medicine is Medicine. Although there are diffrences as to how the Undergraduate courses of Medicine are taught in several Universities in Nigeria with few peculiarities here and there.

What one makes of the medical degree is one's responsibility.

Zeeknow3245 wouldn't by any chance pay your school fee. I guess he's just looking out for you (although he has an uncanny way of doing that).

Nonetheless, in all your bettings or rationalizing, bet/rationalize on certainties and near-certainties.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: mete3 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.