Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,561 members, 7,816,362 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (770) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1830663 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:27pm On Jan 20, 2021
Froshchuksswart:

I have seen his post on many threads, the guy is just not stable,today he will say medicine or nothing, tomorrow he will say dentistry is not bad, next tomorrow he will insult doctors and say he will sue them that he will have to chase a degree in LAW ,you will still see him in other threads arguing that he will love to study physiotherapy and not medlab, omo this guy is frustrated he wants to be a doctor but naija don frustrate am, that's why he is always vexed

Who is this?
I. I said I will get a Law degree and I will definitely abi NOUN no dey?grin. I understand vet and now I know want. Indecisiveness was a problem bro. If you are too emotional you will just end up picking the wrong course. I watched my dad died because of ills of docs and wanted to be one to correct it.
I do business now and I know what it fetches me. I realised you don't have to be a Doc to help sick people. You can be a Donor.
For Degrees example is Dr Maduka who has a Bsc in Chemistry, PharmD and MD(Anaesthesiology). If it is degrees you are talking tell that to the Man with the highest number of degrees in the world in India
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 11:31pm On Jan 20, 2021
You guys are turning this thread to something else, this thread wasn't made to create arguments.

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 11:33pm On Jan 20, 2021
Mitochondria96:

hi bro do you know how ebsu runs thier admission process via utme ie what are the prerequisites to secure admission in ebsu thanks in anticipation....
EBSU does not conduct post utme and the cutoff for medicine has been 250 for some years now. You should work towards 300+ to be assured of admission.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Joshifeanyi(m): 4:20am On Jan 21, 2021
dunsin125:
You guys are turning this thread to something else, this thread wasn't made to create arguments.

Occasional clout chasers and noise makers, a very old script lol

It'll pass as always, no be today e start.

Blame rests squarely with those replying them, giving them more fuel in their quest for personal validation.

Aspirants who are wise don't just start reading from the current page when they discover this thread and once they go through the thread, they don't need anyone coming to their rescue from these noisemakers.

A harmless puppy will give off the barks of a fully grown dog when you amplify the barks with a microphone.

I understand the urge to defend the "castle" from some of us here but sometimes we gotta accept that trolls will be trolls and treat them as such, especially in a faceless forum where anyone can claim to be whatever he/she wants to be.

Na person we get time deh argue unnecessarily with trolls/clowns.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mitochondria96(m): 7:55am On Jan 21, 2021
dunsin125:
EBSU does not conduct post utme and the cutoff for medicine has been 250 for some years now. You should work towards 300+ to be assured of admission.

how much is thier fees bro and is waec used in determining ones admission cause mine comprises of C's thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OyedejiIfedayo: 9:27am On Jan 21, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

I thought you were knowleidgeable bro until you displayed ignorance now.
I work with A vet per time. I can tell you She makes your salary a week. She has her personal business and also works with NAQS. To enlighten you more bro. Vets and Pharmacist are the only licenced professions to import drugs. Also a vet is the only individual Licenced to import Animals and certain vaccines.
Oh because you see Animal scientists running about looking for Money? Even dog breeders can rake 500k per month minimum. You don't know shit bro.
There are less than 10000 vets in Nigeria. No school can churn out more than 45 vet because it is too hard bro.
You can continue fighting with Docs and become their side chickgrin.
Vets don't really care about working with govt because we mostly work privately.
I currently run a poultry and boy I can tell you what I make annually and a fishery.
You think Veterinary is Dog and cat?gringrin. Livestock is our money bro. Just chill and side chick your Doc.
We are not under Ministry of Health. So you JOHESU boy can fight with NMA.gringrin
Check Bala Muhammad or Blueblood vet.
Only importation of drugs sef will rake you nothing less than 300k if you no want import sef.
I am currently shadowing a vet here and
I know this. Ask Pharmacist dem go tell you.gringrin

LMAO.
when Someone that has gone through this phase of life is reading this. well it depends on how the person ended up.

Bro please put it in prayer everytime that blessing should follow you oooo.

And if successful at anything don't think it's by your ability for it's by luck.

Surely there's always a contrary to everything.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OyedejiIfedayo: 9:34am On Jan 21, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

Whyn yourself bro. They are either animal Scientist or Animal husbandry Students.gringrin. If not they are lazy and unintelligent considering they did Animal Science till they finish school. Bro just calm down. They are over 12 schools offering it and they can't churn out more than 45gringrin. Even Animal scientists they make money from poultry Not to talk of vet?

U dey make me laugh big time.

Like I said if u end up successful at a thing don't think it's your ability. Success require smartness and also luck.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 9:56am On Jan 21, 2021
OyedejiIfedayo:

U dey make me laugh big time.

Like I said if u end up successful at a thing don't think it's your ability. Success require smartness and also luck.
You had to quote me twice?grin. That person knows nothing about Veterinary and he is busy saying he has friends? Guy no be say na to talk ehn, Registered vets are not easy to come by. A majority of vet population are in the North. A large population of vet in the south are in private practice not because of there is no government but how many want to work in quarantine service or Borders even airport?. Many Are in banking sector and are thriving, some have left the shores.
There are less than 5000 registered vets who are actively practising.
If you want to know a vet just ask the school they graduated from or tell them to list two departments under it, you will see flop and I have seen many quacks.
When you enter a profession you don't like, leave. It is not rocket science.
You will see 30 people apply Veterinary and you end up seeing over 100 later on. Convocation you will see 40. Some students eventually get their dream course while some eventually love it and some start complaining

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OyedejiIfedayo: 10:47am On Jan 21, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

You had to quote me twice?grin. That person knows nothing about Veterinary and he is busy saying he has friends? Guy no be say na to talk ehn, Registered vets are not easy to come by. A majority of vet population are in the North. A large population of vet in the south are in private practice not because of there is no government but how many want to work in quarantine service or Borders even airport?. Many Are in banking sector and are thriving, some have left the shores.
There are less than 5000 registered vets who are actively practising.
If you want to know a vet just ask the school they graduated from or tell them to list two departments under it, you will see flop and I have seen many quacks.
When you enter a profession you don't like, leave. It is not rocket science.
You will see 30 people apply Veterinary and you end up seeing over 100 later on. Convocation you will see 40. Some students eventually get their dream course while some eventually love it and some start complaining

You are right. Through poultry business I came to know a vet who was employed by a multi-million naira farm. He later resigned due to some disagreement and was easy to establish himself selling vet drugs. Well what helped him the more was the connections and contacts he made when working with the company. Also have a one year high school senior who wanted to study MBBS at UI but ended up studying vet. This people prompted me to learn more about the career and I found it to have good prospects.

But, even for the most prospective course there are people derailed not directly due to their faults but something unexplainable. So I have always been mindful of what I utter, especially on people who failed.

Like I always say you are not wise untill you are successful. That's no matter how smart you are, without success in what you do nobody will reckon with it.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 10:53am On Jan 21, 2021
OyedejiIfedayo:

You are right. Through poultry business I came to know a vet who was employed by a multi-million naira farm. He later resigned due to some disagreement and was easy to establish himself selling vet drugs. Well what helped him the more was the connections and contacts he made when working with the company. Also have a one year high school senior who wanted to study MBBS at UI but ended up studying vet. This people prompted me to learn more about the career and I found it to have good prospects.

But, even for the most prospective course there are people derailed not directly due to their faults but something unexplainable. So I have always been mindful of what I utter, especially on people who failed.

Like I always say you are not wise untill you are successful. That's no matter how smart you are, without success in what you do nobody will reckon with it.
You really cleared things even more is worthy of applaud. God bless all you endeavours.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OyedejiIfedayo: 11:16am On Jan 21, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

You really cleared things even more is worthy of applaud. God bless all you endeavours.

Amen and you too my brother.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by HumanCalc: 4:32pm On Jan 21, 2021
GeneralOnovo:
All EBSU aspirant start checking your CAPS,dunsin125 & Humancalc be informed goodluck.
Thanks for the mention boss. Yeah but it’s yet to get to MBBS turn
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by billpete89: 7:56pm On Jan 21, 2021
For medical students and doctors with the plan of migrating to Germany or Austria, you're welcome to join our WhatsApp group.

Chat up 07037283355 to be added.

Please no aspirant. Only doctors and students in training. Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 21, 2021
billpete89:
For medical students and doctors with the plan of migrating to Germany or Austria, you're welcome to join our WhatsApp group.

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 12:03am On Jan 22, 2021
Joshifeanyi:

Occasional clout chasers and noise makers, a very old script lol

It'll pass as always, no be today e start.

Blame rests squarely with those replying them, giving them more fuel in their quest for personal validation.

Aspirants who are wise don't just start reading from the current page when they discover this thread and once they go through the thread, they don't need anyone coming to their rescue from these noisemakers.

A harmless puppy will give off the barks of a fully grown dog when you amplify the barks with a microphone.

I understand the urge to defend the "castle" from some of us here but sometimes we gotta accept that trolls will be trolls and treat them as such, especially in a faceless forum where anyone can claim to be whatever he/she wants to be.

Na person we get time deh argue with trolls/clowns.

I tire o
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 12:03am On Jan 22, 2021
Mitochondria96:

how much is thier fees bro and is waec used in determining ones admission cause mine comprises of C's thanks
No grades, just your Jamb score. The school fees is like 200k for 100lvl sha, I am not sure.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by billpete89: 3:04pm On Jan 22, 2021
billpete89:

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yunqdady: 5:24pm On Jan 22, 2021
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yunqdady: 5:27pm On Jan 22, 2021
OyedejiIfedayo:

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 6:03pm On Jan 22, 2021
yunqdady:
Whatever you do, just work towards leaving this country. This country would soon collapse. Start preparing for PLAB and USMLE even as you write your first MB.
You have been warned.
I used to respect you but all I see in you is a disgruntled Nurse.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yunqdady: 6:42pm On Jan 22, 2021
Smh

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 6:52pm On Jan 22, 2021
yunqdady:

I don't need your respect.. You sound disgruntled the more anyways.

Just love your vet course and leave me alone. My vet friends all hate their lives and told me how lucky I was to have avoided it.
2. Don't waste your life chasing after medicine if you don't have passion nor was called for it.

3. If you eventually get admitted and manage to graduate, leave the country ASAP! ( If you ever pass the international exams)
You sound Agitated bro. Your vet friends?grin. You're one of the problems in Nigeria. Advocating for people to leave? I know many nurses and doctors that are doing well in Nigeria.
You're unhappy about your profession. Disgruntled I say again.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Damson22: 6:58pm On Jan 22, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

You sound Agitated bro. Your vet friends?grin. You're one of the problems in Nigeria. Advocating for people to leave? I know many nurses and doctors that are doing well in Nigeria.

why always you? are you the only one on this page? you just like picking up on everybody.
moreover most of the people you are chatting with are not your mate, I wonder how you relates to people in your environment. This faceless forum at times seff.

7 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 6:59pm On Jan 22, 2021
Damson22:

why always you? are you the only one on this page? you just like picking up on everybody.
moreover most of the people you are chatting with are not your mate, I wonder how you relates to people in your environment. This faceless forum at times seff.
Bleep off. They told him not to say anything about changing people's minds and And he continued. They've warned me severally And I have accepted it wholeheartedly.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DarkPheonix: 7:30pm On Jan 22, 2021
Two trolls, smh.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yunqdady: 7:44pm On Jan 22, 2021

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Damson22: 9:18pm On Jan 22, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

Bleep off. They told him not to say anything about changing people's minds and And he continued. They've warned me severally And I have accepted it wholeheartedly.

but you shouldn't have quoted him again, he just gave the ideas of leaving the country.

it's everybody choices to decide on where to stay. just to avoid unnecessary argument you don't need to reply him. thank you �.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 23, 2021
Please guyz urgent advice needed here.
I am a UI aspirant who first chose mbbs.
I got 210 in jamb and had to change to biochem. I want to know if it's possible to cross over to computer science from biochem or chemistry (science) at 200L, what are the possibilities and what do I need to do so?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 12:55pm On Jan 23, 2021
Timisilver777:
I got 210 in jamb and had to change to biochem. I want to know if it's possible to cross over to computer science from biochem or chemistry (science) at 200L, what are the possibilities and what do I need to do so?
It's largely possible from Chemistry to Computer Science since they are both in the Faculty of Science, UI.

By and large, to cross from Chemistry to Computer, you'd have to add courses Computer majors are doing in first year to the courses you'd be offering in first year.

However, please enquire on the crossing modalities as they might have changed.

And for your sake, go for Chemistry_UI not Biochemistry_COMUI.

I wish you the best Timisilver777
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 23, 2021
Timisilver777:
Stay away from biochemistry.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 23, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

That's actually the truth he told you. We all act overzealous as students, when we graduate, reality stare us in the face.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.