Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (817) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1830183 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 5:01pm On Dec 16, 2021
Lordsagna:

I'm scared time is not on my side lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I'm 21

If you are thinking that age is not on your side. Age is still very much on your side. In medical school, you will see people in their thirties coming back for Medicine. I even have one as a coursemate. By the time you enter, you won't even have the time to think about your age because you will be carried away with Medicine.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Rursh(m): 8:36pm On Dec 16, 2021
Vitamin17:
Rursh I need your assistance
Hey Man! I dey with you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vitamin17(m): 7:55am On Dec 17, 2021
Rursh:
Hey Man! I dey with you

Ok boss.. All inclusive calculations in physics, lamlard chem & invisible teacher use of english, baba u get the PDF of the afforementioned texts?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eyinjuoluwanimi: 12:03pm On Dec 17, 2021
Hi guys, Please I need your advice....

Between UI, OAU and UNIBEN

Which one can you advice aspirant to choose next year for mbbs

Advice based on admission experience, thanks so much for the comments

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drixlee: 10:58pm On Dec 17, 2021
Eyinjuoluwanimi:

Go for a state school or anything else outside those 3
Competition tough
But the fairest of them all is UI followed by uniben..they are transparent
Other schools they now
Lautech,uniport,Ebsu,oou and d likes

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drixlee: 11:39pm On Dec 17, 2021
Lordsagna:

I'm 21
Go for the course they give you and be trying medicine in state school or unilag.. dont be like me ..I am 20 yrs and my mate are in part 3 or part 4 in other courses like physiotherapy and co but na me carry medicine for head but it's always 1 mark or so.. abeg oh my body dey tell me now..choose wisely

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Damson22: 12:24pm On Dec 18, 2021
jolly94:

Okay. And can I have your number?

Zero nine zero34sixtytwo88twelve
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hagiosfemi(m): 1:21pm On Dec 18, 2021
Where is lagusta, Dr.Gboy, ojuro Vic and co. We need to reunite

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ShahRukhKhan: 7:44pm On Dec 20, 2021
Heyoo Guys. I matriculated today! 

I got admitted into med school in 2019. I resumed in 2020. Then went on deferment of a whole academic session so I could finalize my first degree & rest small (the resting part did not happen sha). I came back October 2021. Got matriculated into Usman Danfodiyo Uni, Sokoto today. 

I just want to inform y'all that nothing is putting us out of this race. Person whey do matriculation today go do white coat ceremony. Go do induction. Go convoke too. 

Many Cheers to not giving up on dreams.
(Ps: I think I can now continue my diary cool).

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 20, 2021
Lordsagna:

I'm 21
Boss I'm looking forward to getting in next year though I have been admitted for something else already. It won't deter me. Better late than never

7 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ShahRukhKhan: 8:17pm On Dec 20, 2021
Eyinjuoluwanimi:

Hi Oluwanimi. Good evening, you asked for advice based on admission experience in those schools mentioned. I know of OAU (cuz I had my first degree there) & UI. Two very transparent but not so easy to get into. Any aspirant with solid utme score and choose any of the two (OAU /UI) for MBBS. If you have a flawless O'levels, it'll boost your chances in OAU since the school still factor that in during aggregate calculation.
I've not sat for UI post utme before but there are solid tutorials in Ibadan that boasts of aspirants who aced the exam like it was nothing. So if you're considering UI, first have a mad ass utme score, then find your way to Ibadan, make enquiries about those tutorial centers and work your ass off studying. I can bet it that you'll make the right score to beat UI cut off. I'm not guaranteeing you admission but I'm here to tell you that I know a few medical students in UI who got in without knowing anybody or paying anybody. Just their results and since UI always publishes her cut off, so you can be guaranteed that if you meet her cut off you'll get in.
As regards OAU, well, she's like UI - transparent but not so simple. OAU post utme is 40% of the whole score, Utme is 50%, while WAEC is 10%. So even without sitting for the post utme yet. If you add your utme + WAEC aggregates together, you should have a maximum of 60%. So calculate your jamb score and your WAEC aggregates first, anything you get, subtract it from OAU 78.8 (that's the merit score for the ongoing 2021/2022 admission excersice). The remainder should be what you'd be aiming for in OAU post utme.
I have a friend who had 327 in utme and B parallel in his O'levels. Like that he already has (40.875 + 9) = 49.875. When he subtracted it from the last cut off, he needed to score at least 30/40 in OAU post utme to beat the merit cut of. And as it would turn out, he actually scored 30/40 in the exam. He was above this year's cut of by just 1 point if we use merit and by 3 points if we use catchment area. OAU post utme is not simple and at the same time, it's not the hardest exam in the world. In fact, I felt the last conducted one was quite easy as many that I know scored well.
UI still has a pending year in ground. Her fresher's would resume most likely maybe March next year. So if you're choosing them you'd resume by 2024. OAU on the other hand has a stable and balanced academic set. The 2021/2020 session is set to begin by January so if you're picking them now, you should expect to resume by maybe early 2023 or so. (all things equal without strike.)
The major issue right now is you acing your utme. Once you have a very good score in jamb, it'll make the list of institutions available for you to pick form longer. Different school use different admission methods. Have a good jamb score. Do your research about your school of choice. And apply to where you have the greatest chance of entry. That's the trick in few simple lines. All the best

7 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by PharmD911: 8:32pm On Dec 20, 2021
ShahRukhKhan:

I got admitted into med school in 2019. I resumed in 2020. Then went on deferment of a whole academic session so I could finalize my first degree & rest small (the resting part did not happen sha). I came back October 2021. Got matriculated into Usman Danfodiyo Uni, Sokoto today. 

I just want to inform y'all that nothing is putting us out of this race. Person whey do matriculation today go do white coat ceremony. Go do induction. Go convoke too. 

Boss, I know you on FB(I'm your junior colleague in your first degree), congrats to you.
Can we connect on Whatsapp?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ShahRukhKhan: 9:04pm On Dec 20, 2021
PharmD911:

Boss, I know you on FB(I'm your junior colleague in your first degree), congrats to you.
Can we connect on Whatsapp?
Sure..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by PharmD911: 9:07pm On Dec 20, 2021
ShahRukhKhan:
Sure.
Copied, you can modify the post.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by PharmD911: 9:13pm On Dec 20, 2021
ShahRukhKhan:
Sure. 090.6395.7298.

It's not a WhatsApp number.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by akande115: 10:19pm On Dec 20, 2021
ShahRukhKhan:

Hi Oluwanimi. Good evening, you asked for advice based on admission experience in those schools mentioned. I know of OAU (cuz I had my first degree there) & UI. Two very transparent but not so easy to get into. Any aspirant with solid utme score and choose any of the two (OAU /UI) for MBBS. If you have a flawless O'levels, it'll boost your chances in OAU since the school still factor that in during aggregate calculation.
I've not sat for UI post utme before but there are solid tutorials in Ibadan that boasts of aspirants who aced the exam like it was nothing. So if you're considering UI, first have a mad ass utme score, then find your way to Ibadan, make enquiries about those tutorial centers and work your ass off studying. I can bet it that you'll make the right score to beat UI cut off. I'm not guaranteeing you admission but I'm here to tell you that I know a few medical students in UI who got in without knowing anybody or paying anybody. Just their results and since UI always publishes her cut off, so you can be guaranteed that if you meet her cut off you'll get in.
As regards OAU, well, she's like UI - transparent but not so simple. OAU post utme is 40% of the whole score, Utme is 50%, while WAEC is 10%. So even without sitting for the post utme yet. If you add your utme + WAEC aggregates together, you should have a maximum of 60%. So calculate your jamb score and your WAEC aggregates first, anything you get, subtract it from OAU 78.8 (that's the merit score for the ongoing 2021/2022 admission excersice). The remainder should be what you'd be aiming for in OAU post utme.
I have a friend who had 327 in utme and B parallel in his O'levels. Like that he already has (40.875 + 9) = 49.875. When he subtracted it from the last cut off, he needed to score at least 30/40 in OAU post utme to beat the merit cut of. And as it would turn out, he actually scored 30/40 in the exam. He was above this year's cut of by just 1 point if we use merit and by 3 points if we use catchment area. OAU post utme is not simple and at the same time, it's not the hardest exam in the world. In fact, I felt the last conducted one was quite easy as many that I know scored well.
UI still has a pending year in ground. Her fresher's would resume most likely maybe March next year. So if you're choosing them you'd resume by 2024. OAU on the other hand has a stable and balanced academic set. The 2021/2020 session is set to begin by January so if you're picking them now, you should expect to resume by maybe early 2023 or so. (all things equal without strike.)
The major issue right now is you acing your utme. Once you have a very good score in jamb, it'll make the list of institutions available for you to pick form longer. Different school use different admission methods. Have a good jamb score. Do your research about your school of choice. And apply to where you have the greatest chance of entry. That's the trick in few simple lines. All the best

Well-done for the analysis chief. Actually U I didn't have an outstanding session again. The ones offered admission recently will resume next year. So, if he writes UTME and gain admission into U I, he will resume in 2023. Other things being equal.

The reason why U I didn't have an outstanding set (pending year) again is because, she didn't admit any student from this year UTME.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lordsagna: 10:23pm On Dec 20, 2021
NewSoul:

Boss I'm 25 years old and I'm looking forward to getting in next year though I have been admitted for something else already. It won't deter me. Better late than never
Nice sir
I'm also a 200lvl engineering student just wanna go back to medicine.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 10:09am On Dec 21, 2021
ShahRukhKhan:

. Congratulations!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 10:10am On Dec 21, 2021
Preclinical Medics!! This will help you!! I discussed my mock mbbs exam Practical Exam questions and answers cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg6zHg8b6SE
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drixlee: 9:12pm On Dec 21, 2021
ShahRukhKhan:

This udus what's the area like and how is thier post utme.. hope say no be bandit area
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Protein0: 8:33am On Dec 22, 2021
Lordsagna:

I'm 21
I know someone who got in @ 44
He was inducted this year at 52.

Age is never a real limitation in pursuits like this. It might not be as easy as if you were younger truly,but it’s doable.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 11:09pm On Dec 25, 2021
I know my story will motivate someone. Watch MY JAMB STORY here. How I finally got MBBS Admission after writing JAMB Six (6) times embarassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_uaXwDqyHk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfDDgmxYQEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMRavjZtQiU

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yunqdady: 4:54am On Dec 26, 2021
Stay away from Mbbs if surgery isn't your interest.
No point wasting years to get Mbbs if your aim ain't surgery.
You can be great and be involved in healthcare with other courses, just research.
Pharmacy isn't a substitute for Medicine, pharmacy isn't clinically oriented. It is more chemically oriented, product oriented and less patient centred (no pharmacy students/pharmacist should quote me).
Consider nursing if u love clinical sciences just don't stay in Nigeria after
Consider radiography if you have things for bio physical sciences
Consider MedLab if you love laboratories (I fkin love the labs but didn't do this)
Consider Biomedical Engineering if you are torn between engineering and medicine
And so on.
Only village people think MBBS is alpha and omega, world is evolving, no problem if you try once or twice but sitting at home for 6years because of MBBS is the height of foolishness, oh except you want to be a surgeon of which without MBBS you can't start being one.
Fatherly advice

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yunqdady: 4:57am On Dec 26, 2021
Lordsagna:

I'm 21
Trust me, you are young. Don't be scared
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yunqdady: 5:00am On Dec 26, 2021
drimzsmoke:

You're still very young....I entered medical school at 27,though I had a degree before then
I like how you stated the fact in your diary. The reason you went for medicine.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 6:49am On Dec 26, 2021
Lordsagna:

I'm 21

Dear doctor, at 21, trully, you are behind time (if compared to the expected age of admission) but in reality, you are young!

That being said, don't let your age be an issue; if you want it, go for it, your age notwithstanding. If you don't get it, you may never be satisfied in life.

Please keep trying; be smart and prayerful about it too.

God would perfect things eventually.

Good morning.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 1:11pm On Dec 26, 2021
Anyone aiming EBSU?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ShahRukhKhan: 5:59pm On Dec 26, 2021
PharmD911:

It's not a WhatsApp number.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ShahRukhKhan: 6:01pm On Dec 26, 2021
akande115:

Well-done for the analysis chief. Actually U I didn't have an outstanding session again. The ones offered admission recently will resume next year. So, if he writes UTME and gain admission into U I, he will resume in 2023. Other things being equal.

The reason why U I didn't have an outstanding set (pending year) again is because, she didn't admit any student from this year UTME.
Thanks for the explanation
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by PharmD911: 8:04am On Dec 27, 2021
ShahRukhKhan:
Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by PharmD911: 8:05am On Dec 27, 2021
RuyiMedicDiary:
I know my story will motivate someone. Watch MY JAMB STORY here. How I finally got MBBS Admission after writing JAMB Six (6) times embarassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_uaXwDqyHk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfDDgmxYQEY
Hi Jemima, we are waiting for the part 3

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by akande115: 10:16am On Dec 27, 2021
ShahRukhKhan:

Thanks for the explanation

You are welcome.

(1) (2) (3) ... (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.