Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (815) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1833260 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 28, 2021
Maid007:
Oh, I see. Thanks
uwc

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 6:28pm On Nov 28, 2021
Hello everyone. Please I need a little favour. I'm in a contest and I need your votes. All you have to do is upvote in reddit. Open the link, you can read through of course..��
Then click the arrow facing up ⬆️ at the bottom of the article to upvote.

The contest is organised by Choice Coin. You can read through you'll really like it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/algorandASA/comments/qyt1ft/choice_coin_a_distinctive_decentralized_digital/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

I'll really appreciate feedbacks too. Thanks fam..����
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Osoboshi: 9:34pm On Nov 28, 2021
RuyiMedicDiary:
wow that's so sad cry But wow shocked 400 students in mb3 class?? That's outrageous! shocked
does mb3 stand for 300level,if so it's a joke when compared to the number in unn med skul

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 29, 2021
Osoboshi:
does mb3 stand for 300level,if so it's a joke when compared to the number in unn med skul
How many are they at Unn ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Osoboshi: 3:03pm On Nov 29, 2021
Acecards:
How many are they at Unn ?
about 550+ can't remember the actual number again.the present 400level are more than 350
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 29, 2021
Osoboshi:
about 550+ can't remember the actual number again.the present 400level are more than 350
mehn... Unn has been having some crazy numbers of recent
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Osoboshi: 10:42pm On Nov 29, 2021
Acecards:
mehn... Unn has been having some crazy numbers of recent
the result of greed and malpractices,but jamb has come to the rescue sha

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dvd4: 3:04pm On Nov 30, 2021
wizi44:
Bosses in the house, I have gotten admission to study medicine and surgery at FUTO
Please, what was your Jamb and Putne scores?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kiliwuwu: 4:04pm On Nov 30, 2021
Good afternoon senior men ND women in the house

am planning to go for a second degree and I wish to study nursing but somehow confused in terms of chosing my desired institution ..... though I av some schools in mind

Unijos
Uniuyo
Unical
Pls any advice on diz
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kiliwuwu: 4:08pm On Nov 30, 2021
OwoukoUrua:
Hey there�,
I'm Ini-ibeghe Obioh, 200 level Medical Student uniuyo, I'm contesting for the face of my departmental Association - University of Uyo Medical Student's Association (UUMSA).
I'm soliciting for your vote on Facebook.
Please like my picture and the page in order for your vote to count. Thank you so much.�❤️I need to chat with u bro
https://www.facebook.com/107976277539293/posts/413418500328401/?app=fbl
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OwoukoUrua(m): 7:16pm On Nov 30, 2021
[quote author=Kiliwuwu post=108090795][/quote]

Hi, good evening

Hit me up on FB @Owouko Urua

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Adranido(m): 8:28pm On Nov 30, 2021
cry pls is there anyone here who got his/her mbbs admission on first try if yes how were you able to scale through jamb.i will write my first jamb for mbbs next year and am planning to pick uniben as my first choice,pls help...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 9:46pm On Nov 30, 2021
Adranido:
cry pls is there anyone here who got his/her mbbs admission on first try if yes how were you able to scale through jamb.i will write my first jamb for mbbs next year and am planning to pick uniben as my first choice,pls help...
Eyahh... smiley I wish you success kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 9:47pm On Nov 30, 2021
Osoboshi:
the result of greed and malpractices,but jamb has come to the rescue sha
wow really? cheesy How? shocked

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by CentiLion(m): 10:39pm On Nov 30, 2021
RuyiMedicDiary:
Though not directed at me, I will try to answer the question.
During 2019 admission process. UNN released 100+ names for MBBS in merit list.
Supplementary list was released, over 400+ names for MBBS. That's over 500 names for MBBS yr1.
UNN normally release 3,4,5 admission lists per academic session. Who knows? Maybe more names will be added in subsequent lists for MBBS(mostly connect thing).
Jamb notice the over 500 candidates accepting their admission on CAPS for a quota of 200, I think UNN submitted departmental for MBBS is 200. On further investigation and probing by Jamb, it was gathered that UNN over-admit student in sought-after courses not only medicine, pharmacy law and other in- demand courses(mostly connection things,buying admission ), fail them in subsequent years and send them to other departments. So they ordered UNN to admit according to it's holding capacity or face sanctions.
So alot of people offered provisional admission to Medicine,law,Pharmacy and other in demand courses in supplementary list only to check CAPS and see a change of course to an entirely different course
I pity some of them, after telling yourfriend you don get MBBS for UNN only for JAMB to put sand for your garri.
https://www.nairaland.com/5939116/2019-utme-seven-schools-violated

I

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Adranido(m): 2:03am On Dec 01, 2021
[quote author=RuyiMedicDiary post=108099134] Eyahh... smiley I wish you success kiss[/quot[center][/center]e]

Thanks so much kiss

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 6:19am On Dec 01, 2021
CentiLion:

Though not directed at me, I will try to answer the question.
During 2019 admission process. UNN released 100+ names for MBBS in merit list.
Supplementary list was released, over 400+ names for MBBS. That's over 500 names for MBBS yr1.
UNN normally release 3,4,5 admission lists per academic session. Who knows? Maybe more names will be added in subsequent lists for MBBS(mostly connect thing).
Jamb notice the over 500 candidates accepting their admission on CAPS for a quota of 200, I think UNN submitted departmental for MBBS is 200. On further investigation and probing by Jamb, it was gathered that UNN over-admit student in sought-after courses not only medicine, pharmacy law and other in- demand courses(mostly connection things,buying admission ), fail them in subsequent years and send them to other departments. So they ordered UNN to admit according to it's holding capacity or face sanctions.
So alot of people offered provisional admission to Medicine,law,Pharmacy and other in demand courses in supplementary list only to check CAPS and see a change of course to an entirely different course
I pity some of them, after telling yourfriend you don get MBBS for UNN only for JAMB to put sand for your garri.
https://www.nairaland.com/5939116/2019-utme-seven-schools-violated

I
. Omg that's sad mehn... Sad for the students... But I'm happy to see JAMB doing its job.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Osoboshi: 8:03am On Dec 01, 2021
RuyiMedicDiary:
the keep on adding more people after merit list,which is not meant to be.
But jamb has insisted a school cant give admission except through them, reducing the prevalence of shady admission in list

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by wizi44(m): 8:55am On Dec 03, 2021
Dvd4:
Please, what was your Jamb and Putne scores?
I got 283 in jamb and 355 in the post utme

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 12:05pm On Dec 03, 2021
Discussing answers to my ANATOMY Mock MBBS Exam Questions!! Every Preclinical student that is yet to write ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY & BIOCHEMISTRY MB Professional Exams will need to watch this..!!

PART 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea716iduQpI

PART 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1F2bfSj5o0

PART 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dOaUmlFFOU
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 12:25pm On Dec 04, 2021
Preclinical Medical Students need to see this. Discussing my Mock MBBS Exam Questions. See my Physiology Question Paper cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl32M-EmCsI
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mendaliona: 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2021
Free medical ebooks
DM Vasudevan Textbook of Medical Biochemistry.

MN Charteajea Textbook of Medical Biochemistry.

A)CL Ghai Textbook of Practical Physiology
https://careerhubs.info/medical-textbooks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Froshchuksswart(m): 3:15pm On Dec 10, 2021
jolly94:

Mr. Mandeyy I will still reiterate again and again, that this your comment of EBSU better than UI is one of the most senseless and biased comments I have seen in this forum in 2021. And the funniest part of it is that some set of people liked that your fallacious and misleading comment. You can as well conclude that the whole of EBSU as a University is better than UI. UI medical school is a template and reference for any medical school in Nigeria and West Africa. And top 5 best in Africa. I won't be susprise if you don't know that the bedrock of UI is CoMUI and UCH Ibadan.

You can't even compare EBSU and LASU. Which indices do you want to use to rate EBSU more than UI. Is it in research, quality of research papers and articles published, infrastructure, teaching, clinical exposure, innovation, international outlook, quality of medical graduate, mode of admission, medical school curriculum ( which is a template for other schools), teaching hospital ( best in West Africa), quality and exposure of staff ( very recently 8 staff members in Biochemistry, psychiatry, Obstetrics and gynecology and medicine are rated in top 2% best scientists in the world by researchers from Stanford University) etc., name it.

By computing the average rankings of 2021 and 2022 UI medical school is among top 250 in the world according to times higher education ranking ( the most reliable University ranking platform in the world). By implication this means that it is better than 80% of medical schools in UK and US. An average UI medical school graduate is ahead of an average graduate from other schools (Most Nigerian doctors making waves and input in UK and US are graduate of UI).

LASU medical school should not even be in the same sentence with that of EBSU, talk more of one of the most Prestigious medical school in Africa. Does EBSU even have a proper teaching hospital? Are they not still using one of the Federal Medical Centres in Ebonyi state? Please, next time restrain yourself from making such outrageous,blatant and blasphemous comment. If this was to be an argument in theology, your comments will be classified as blasphemy.

I'm very sure if you were offered admission to UI medical school, you will ditch that of EBSU with immediate alacrity. For the fact that UNN has a skewed admission process, doesn't give you the leeway to generalize. And please I do await a constructive argument from you.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/gureje-farombi-others-make-list-of-top-world-scientists/
https://worldscholarshipforum.com/top-ten-best-medical-institutes-in-africa/
ttps://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/university-ibadan

Who be this MUMU, there is no better Medical school in NIGERIA ,all is the same...! We do the same ANATOMY we both have professors and doctors as lecturers it's high time we stopped comparing medical schools, are professors in EBSU a joke to you...?

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Froshchuksswart(m): 3:24pm On Dec 10, 2021
jolly94:

I would rather you cure yourself from this obvious delusion. I would rather say that you're not good enough to lay claim of admission in UI, ABU, UNILAG,UNN, OAU, and UNIBEN, that's why you ran from UNN. Besides you were not even given admission in UNN irrespective of its Skewed admission process to study medicine.

If I were you I will humble myself and make do with what is available (which is obvious) and add value to myself to complement the deficit of medical education in EBSU, instead of having a self imposed myopic reasonings that all medical school have same standard and quality.

It's only those who wholly and really cherish in being in one of the first generation medical schools and was denied of a long childhood dream will be concocting such shameful invectives to console him or herself ( it's obvious you occupy an executive position in such group of people).

Stay humble, read wide, add value, and pray to have opportunities that will expose you to respectable medical cases, clinical exposure, infrastructure and opportunities in a high class medical institutions ( which should be the goal of any sensible and ambitious medical student irrespective of where he or she is trained).

UI is not in any way better than EBSU the only advantage we have as medical students in federal schools is that we pay less, all the med school in Nigeria are piece of shitttttts

I'm very sure this user is an ASPIRANT lol

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jolly94: 7:32pm On Dec 10, 2021
Froshchuksswart:

Who be this MUMU, there is no better Medical school in NIGERIA ,all is the same...! We do the same ANATOMY we both have professors and doctors as lecturers it's high time we stopped comparing medical schools, are professors in EBSU a joke to you...?
Mr. Man you came late to the party. This matter has already been discussed extensively and also eminent and respectful members of this thread had already called for calm and cessation of further arguments. You would have seen all these if you had patiently and with all honesty, incoperating your God given cognitive awareness, read through the transcript of our discussion thoroughly.

Besides I would have truly engage you constructively and with all sense of objectivity, but I can see your rude manner of approach, throwing vile and mannerless invectives coupled with insults, which actually depicts your kind of person and level of decorum. I would save my precious energy in engaging you intellectually because it will lead to futility and waste of time.

Advice: It would have been great if you had shown courtesy because this is one of the hallmark characteristic of a good doctor trained in an healthy and sane environment. I bet you wouldn't want to be rude to your patients and senior colleagues because it will spell doom and disaster to your nascent medical career.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AUNafada(m): 9:58pm On Dec 10, 2021
Thinking this might be of help to someone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGN-E5rMkIM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Froshchuksswart(m): 10:39am On Dec 11, 2021
jolly94:

Mr. Man you came late to the party. This matter has already been discussed extensively and also eminent and respectful members of this thread had already called for calm and cessation of further arguments. You would have seen all these if you had patiently and with all honesty, incoperating your God given cognitive awareness, read through the transcript of our discussion thoroughly.

Besides I would have truly engage you constructively and with all sense of objectivity, but I can see your rude manner of approach, throwing vile and mannerless invectives coupled with insults, which actually depicts your kind of person and level of decorum. I would save my precious energy in engaging you intellectually because it will lead to futility and waste of time.

Advice: It would have been great if you had shown courtesy because this is one of the hallmark characteristic of a good doctor trained in an healthy and sane environment. I bet you wouldn't want to be rude to your patients and senior colleagues because it will spell doom and disaster to your nascent medical career.

Bloody aspirant lol..., arguing with your chiefs

You deserve to called anything worse than a MUMU

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jolly94: 12:19pm On Dec 11, 2021
Froshchuksswart:

Bloody aspirant lol..., arguing with your chiefs

You deserve to called anything worse than a MUMU
Hey man, with all due respect to my person and every honourable member of this thread, I will not tow this path of yours. A path that is uncouth, puerile and infantile. I'm not a pig that will want to swim in this cesspit of yours.

It's baffling to me with great astonishment how some soon to be or prospective medical doctor wouldn't know how to contend an argument with facts and empiricism. If there is a contrary opinion to yours, all you have to do is debunk it with superior facts and argumentation exhibiting respect and courtesy to your opposing colleague. Countering a fact is not with emotion and sentiment or with character assassination; please note.

You brought the qualifications of my humble self to the fore, with a kind of mischievous disposition. For your information and that of Mr. Mandeyy, I graduated from the prestigious University of Ibadan College of Medicine with a second class upper division in Human Physiology, and presently a medical student in same mentioned college. You can corroborate this ascertions of my mine from two of the most distinguished members of this thread Mr. Hopeyemmi66 and Mr. Eben331, that is if your doubt is in the same wavelength like Jesus's disciple, Thomas.

As a good practising Christian, I will keep hoping for your improvement both in life at large and in your prospective medical career in particular. Hoping that you stop acting and throwing tantrums like my three years old nephew when denied one of his most precious candy.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TrollKiller(m): 12:23pm On Dec 11, 2021
Hey guys, I just entered 200L for MBBS and I know it’s a good thing
But boy, I’m seeing anatomy, physio and Biochem up close for the first time and it’s like I don’t even know anything there.
All my 6 years spent doing physics, chem and bio seems useless whilst facing preclinicals
I’m scared. How will I cope with all of this? What do I do?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OwoukoUrua(m): 11:54am On Dec 12, 2021
TrollKiller:
Hey guys, I just entered 200L for MBBS and I know it’s a good thing
But boy, I’m seeing anatomy, physio and Biochem up close for the first time and it’s like I don’t even know anything there.
All my 6 years spent doing physics, chem and bio seems useless whilst facing preclinicals
I’m scared. How will I cope with all of this? What do I do?

Hmmm, you are not alone
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lordsagna: 4:29pm On Dec 12, 2021
Unilag just released cut off mark...guess what, I'm 1.875 below catchment... just feel like dying it's just like everything is against me, I actually prepared really hard for this exam but luck wasn't on my side... I'm really depressed and down
Had 285 in jamb, 26.25 in putme and 16 in Olevel 1.875 just destroyed everything I've worked for.... cry cry cry

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.