Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,676 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (818) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1829618 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ruggedfighter: 11:18am On Dec 27, 2021
yunqdady:
Stay away from Mbbs if surgery isn't your interest.
No point wasting years to get Mbbs if your aim ain't surgery.
You can be great and be involved in healthcare with other courses, just research.
Pharmacy isn't a substitute for Medicine, pharmacy isn't clinically oriented. It is more chemically oriented, product oriented and less patient centred (no pharmacy students/pharmacist should quote me).
Consider nursing if u love clinical sciences just don't stay in Nigeria after
Consider radiography if you have things for bio physical sciences
Consider MedLab if you love laboratories (I fkin love the labs but didn't do this)
Consider Biomedical Engineering if you are torn between engineering and medicine
And so on.
Only village people think MBBS is alpha and omega, world is evolving, no problem if you try once or twice but sitting at home for 6years because of MBBS is the height of foolishness, oh except you want to be a surgeon of which without MBBS you can't start being one.
Fatherly advice
I'm trying so hard to understand the message you're trying to pass across, honestly.

16 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by memd: 6:13pm On Dec 27, 2021
Ruggedfighter:
I'm trying so hard to understand the message you're trying to pass across, honestly.

And here I am thinking I was the only one.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by militarydoctor: 9:12pm On Dec 27, 2021
ShahRukhKhan:
Heyoo Guys. I matriculated today! 

I got admitted into med school in 2019. I resumed in 2020. Then went on deferment of a whole academic session so I could finalize my first degree & rest small (the resting part did not happen sha). I came back October 2021. Got matriculated into Usman Danfodiyo Uni, Sokoto today. 

I just want to inform y'all that nothing is putting us out of this race. Person whey do matriculation today go do white coat ceremony. Go do induction. Go convoke too. 

Many Cheers to not giving up on dreams.
(Ps: I think I can now continue my diary cool).
which school be that?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ModelLook(m): 11:14am On Dec 28, 2021
Urgent!!!!

A Dermatologist Is Needed In A Skin Care Facility Located At Lagos Island.

Salary N250K-N300K

This is a direct internal recruitment.

Kindly send your CVs to my WhatsApp number on my signature.

Thank you.

Kindly share to your friends who might need this.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 1:23pm On Dec 28, 2021
PharmD911:

Hi Jemima, we are waiting for the part 3
sure thing by tomorrow smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 1:23pm On Dec 28, 2021
Ruggedfighter:
God bless you for speaking up
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yunqdady: 2:48pm On Dec 28, 2021
Ruggedfighter:
Those who will understand will understand.
I won't because of a few who are antagonistic won't say my OPINION. OPINION that would be beneficial to those who are clueless about what they want really in life.
The tone might sound harsh but you would think back and thank me or curse yourself if after 10years at home your mates are unto something great but you are at home chasing medicine with nothing to show for.
Think deeply, do you really want this or you want it due to pride? Ego play? Low self esteem? "Oh, medicine will increase my rep and esteem".. Or cos of money?
You are in for a rude awakening if you don't get realistic with yourself.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yunqdady: 2:49pm On Dec 28, 2021
ModelLook:
Urgent!!!!

A Dermatologist Is Needed In A Skin Care Facility Located At Lagos Island.

Salary N250K-N300K

This is a direct internal recruitment.

Kindly send your CVs to my WhatsApp number on my signature.

Thank you.

Kindly share to your friends who might need this.
Dermatologist after at least 5years of residency getting 300k is poor pay. Do better

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ModelLook(m): 7:55pm On Dec 28, 2021
yunqdady:

Dermatologist after at least 5years of residency getting 300k is poor pay. Do better

When the Dermatologist gets to the interview, he or she can bargain for a much higher pay with the Employer.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 2:50am On Dec 29, 2021
Hi Guys, Compliments of the season.

8 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Maestro04: 6:31am On Dec 29, 2021
lomaxx:

Hi lomaxx
Nice to hear from you after such a long time�

Been good bro

And how've you been
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 7:55am On Dec 29, 2021
lomaxx:

Same to you.
It's been ages, Dr lomaxx
Good to have you around.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by NewJ6322: 5:30pm On Dec 29, 2021
My candid advice for those pursuing admission into mbbs is look elsewhere In the college of medicine try courses like Med lab, nursing, pharmacy , physiotherapy etc instead of wasting time the overall goal is for an efficient health care delivery
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by gr8virus(m): 9:33am On Dec 30, 2021
lomaxx:

Hi Dr. Lomaxx, have been following you for quite some time now. Could you please share with us a brief summary of your journey so far, if you don't mind..

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 12:59pm On Dec 30, 2021
I know my story will motivate someone. Watch MY JAMB STORY here. How I finally got MBBS Admission after writing JAMB Six (6) times embarassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_uaXwDqyHk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfDDgmxYQEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMRavjZtQiU

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Osoboshi: 1:42pm On Dec 30, 2021
For those still writing jamb,try applying to schools with less entry requirement,it could be outside uu state or region e.g someone from the north with 275 in jamb to would find It difficult in getting admission to schools like a.b.u,unijos but might get it in southern schools like unn,unical and co and vice versa, medicine is not a thing of pride all schools teach basically the same stuff.
For the guy with 285 or so try northern schools like udus,unimaid,fullafia, or Eastern schools like unizik,unn, or even uniben.
I got my own admission at second attempt not due to high score or intelligence but by being smart (from North applied to unn),am in 500level so u can see,some ppl with jamb score higher than mine go withdrawn,bcus after 100Level u will be done with secondary school stuffs and that's where real intelligence start showing.
Sorry for lengthy post and typos

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Andoskian: 6:40pm On Dec 30, 2021
Good day house, please between unn and uniabuja, which is the best for medicine and surgery? and what are their cut off marks?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by militarydoctor: 8:45pm On Dec 30, 2021
Too many opinions on this MBBS admission sef... Omo, abeg u guys should rest!! If you want MBBS, go for it. If u feel you're too old or whatsoever excuse u want to steer up for yourself, leave am!. All those long talks, and people with all sort of morale dampening opinions is Demoralizing and infuriating abeg!

12 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Salarys: 7:13am On Dec 31, 2021
Good morning chiefs.

Please I need personal recommendations on texts for pharmacology and the various subjects on pathology (Haem, chem path, histopath and MMB).

I'm having a hard time making a pick from the various authors that abound.

Would really appreciate your inputs. Thanks in anticipation.

5 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by khingTony(m): 7:27am On Dec 31, 2021
Salarys:
Good morning chiefs.

Please I need personal recommendations on texts for pharmacology and the various subjects on pathology (Haem, chem path, histopath and MMB).

-For pharmacology, Lippincott will do, actually easy to understand but not as voluminous as tripathi or katzung
- For MMB, clinical microbiology made simple has easy to understand terms and illustrations
- for Hemat. Hoffbrand/essentials of hematology is okay
- I don't use a textbook for morbid anatomy (histopath.) and chem path.

Peace smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ShahRukhKhan: 10:11am On Dec 31, 2021
Okay. Here's what I want to say and it's no attack on anybody. There's a big difference between goals & dream. If your goal is to work in health sector, then maybe don't consider only MBBS, try other sister courses too. Believe me, you'll end up just where you wanted - which is, work in the hospital. But if your goal is to be a doctor, then that's what you should work towards.

It's either you commit or you don't. It's either you want Mbbs and you chase it or you don't and settle for something else. There's no two ways about it because you can't eat your cake and still have it looking you in the eyes. There's no excuse as regards to studying Mbbs that you can't overcome. Is it age, is it money, is it the workload, is it the admission process? I mean, there's no new problem that any aspirant could be facing now that someone else in the past hasn't faced. Just look for novel ways to solve old problems.

If you want MBBS, you need to first convince yourself and not wait for people to convince you about it. If you can't even make decisions for yourself and you're still doubtful of your abilities at this point, then maybe medicine is not really for you.

I'm tired of people on this thread telling others that they are wasting their time chasing a fool's dream. I just excuse myself because I know such posts don't apply to me, but to the naive and fertile minds who come to this thread trying to find solutions to their problems, they can be dampening. & I won't waste a breathe of my time trying to argue with anyone or convincing anyone about whether they should do MBBS or not.

So, please if you want to sell other courses apart from MBBS on this thread, please do it without throwing insults at those who want MBBS and are still chasing it. Let's start to respect ourselves and act like reasonable people too.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 5:39pm On Dec 31, 2021
ShahRukhKhan:
Okay. Here's what I want to say and it's no attack on anybody. There's a big difference between goals & dream. If your goal is to work in health sector, then maybe don't consider only MBBS, try other sister courses too. Believe me, you'll end up just where you wanted - which is, work in the hospital. But if your goal is to be a doctor, then that's what you should work towards.

It's either you commit or you don't. It's either you want Mbbs and you chase it or you don't and settle for something else. There's no two ways about it because you can't eat your cake and still have it looking you in the eyes. There's no excuse as regards to studying Mbbs that you can't overcome. Is it age, is it money, is it the workload, is it the admission process? I mean, there's no new problem that any aspirant could be facing now that someone else in the past hasn't faced. Just look for novel ways to solve old problems.

If you want MBBS, you need to first convince yourself and not wait for people to convince you about it. If you can't even make decisions for yourself and you're still doubtful of your abilities at this point, then maybe medicine is not really for you.

I'm tired of people on this thread telling others that they are wasting their time chasing a fool's dream. I just excuse myself because I know such posts don't apply to me, but to the naive and fertile minds who come to this thread trying to find solutions to their problems, they can be dampening. & I won't waste a breathe of my time trying to argue with anyone or convincing anyone about whether they should do MBBS or not.

So, please if you want to sell other courses apart from MBBS on this thread, please do it without throwing insults at those who want MBBS and are still chasing it. Let's start to respect ourselves and act like reasonable people too.
Thank you brother. Some people are suffering from inferiority complex,hence, their desire to discourage others. When I see posts like that I scroll because I know those who really believe in themselves wouldn't be dettered.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 5:44pm On Dec 31, 2021
khingTony:

-For pharmacology, Lippincott will do, actually easy to understand but not as voluminous as tripathi or katzung
- For MMB, clinical microbiology made simple has easy to understand terms and illustrations

Peace smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 5:49pm On Dec 31, 2021
Salarys:
Good morning chiefs.

Please I need personal recommendations on text tos for pharmacology and the various subjects on pathology (Haem, chem path, histopath and MMB).

Get Pathogical basis of disease by Robbins. That's best pathology text according to doctors and medical students on Quota. For pharmacology, Combine Katzung, and Tripathi and maybe Linpicott
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yunqdady: 10:29pm On Dec 31, 2021
MrEgghead:
Thank you brother. Some people are suffering from inferiority complex,hence, their desire to discourage others. When I see posts like that I scroll because I know those who really believe in themselves wouldn't be dettered.
I know you must talk. Mr Inferiority complex. Hope you're through with Uniben?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yunqdady: 10:32pm On Dec 31, 2021
MrEgghead:
Pls, go and create your pharmacy thread and stop disturbing our peace with pharmacy this, pharmacy that here. This is strictly for medical students.
You are a very stupid individual and I'm sure you know it.
Your eyes go soon clear na, Shey you dey final year.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lordsagna: 12:03am On Jan 01, 2022
Happy New year here

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 12:36am On Jan 01, 2022
ShahRukhKhan:

Well said! smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 1:41pm On Jan 01, 2022
PART 4 is out!! This one is a Q&A video about MY JAMB STORY. I've answered ALL your questions...!
1. Why I didn't use bsc anatomy to apply for direct entry
2. What happened to my unn admission
3. Why I chose medicine
4. Why I wrote waec again instead of writing gce
5. What I did differently that made my JAMB score change
6. My mother's reaction to my JAMB scores
7. Why I didn't do MSc instead
8. If I ever felt pressurized to get good grades because of my parents reputation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT1sB2vKbCI

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrImmaculate(m): 10:28pm On Jan 01, 2022
Salarys:
Good morning chiefs.

Chief, you guys have written MB? When was it?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Salarys: 3:06am On Jan 02, 2022
khingTony:

Peace smiley

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.