Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (824) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1836716 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Emmaxy9(m): 9:55am On Feb 07, 2022
favch:
Hi guys

I want to go to a school of nursing in Anambra state, can anyone please tell me the best in Anambra state and if their admission form is still on sale?
Hi Favch, there are tons of schools of Nursing in Anambra state and you have to decide which one to go to.
Here are some examples:
1. School of Nursing, Ihiala.
2. School of nursing, Iyi-anu
3. School of nursing, UNIZIK teaching hospital
4. College of nursing, diocesan hospital.
There are still tons of other schools of Nursing to apply for in Anambra, and you can get the full list in this guide: https://medicsdomain.com/school-of-nursing-nigeria/ I wish you the best of luck.

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:54pm On Feb 08, 2022
Drixlee:
I'll be quiting my medicine dream and studying physiotherapy
Sometimes it is ok to quit
I gave 5 years to this shit and have nothing to show for it
Except learning other skill of course
I was stupid
I should have gone for a degree
I'll have been done by now
Dont be like me
Choose wisely ooh
Or decide to risk it like me
It may favour you
Everybody no get the same head
Your own 5 mine 8
Thank God I just got in for a pharmD
But only God knows best and why he allows things happen

11 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DharmieDhrey(m): 12:53pm On Feb 09, 2022
Hello Medicos & aspirants in the house..

Please I need someone to list fully accredited universities for MBBS that do not really consider O'level when it comes to calculating aggregate/points..

Thanks in anticipation
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OwoukoUrua(m): 2:16pm On Feb 09, 2022
DharmieDhrey:
Hello Medicos & aspirants in the house..

Please I need someone to list fully accredited universities for MBBS that do not really consider O'level when it comes to calculating aggregate/points..

Thanks in anticipation

Unical
Uniuyo
UNN
BUK
ABU
Udusok
Unimaid
Uniport
Uniben
Ebsu

Those are the ones I know
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vitamin17(m): 5:40pm On Feb 09, 2022
OwoukoUrua:

Unical
Uniuyo
Unizik
UNN
BUK
ABU
Udusok
Unimaid
Uniport
Uniben
Ebsu

Are you sure about uniuyo? cause I asked and was told they usually consider O level
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DharmieDhrey(m): 7:50pm On Feb 09, 2022
OwoukoUrua:

Unical
Uniuyo
Unizik
UNN
BUK
ABU
Udusok
Unimaid
Uniport
Uniben
Ebsu

Thanks for your input...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DharmieDhrey(m): 7:51pm On Feb 09, 2022
Vitamin17:

Are you sure about uniuyo? cause I asked and was told they usually consider O level

A friend of mine studies nursing at Uniuyo... You're very right, O'level counts a lot in her screening process...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by pegix(m): 6:11am On Feb 10, 2022
Drixlee:
I was stupid
Dont be like me
Choose wisely ooh
It may favour you
Lols . that's it son

Sometimes when it aint coming u quit

U should have gone for something indeed

Spent 3 years in total ....got physiotherapy d 2nd year
MBBS d 3rd year

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chinonyinye: 9:45am On Feb 10, 2022
Drixlee:
I was stupid
Dont be like me
Choose wisely ooh
It may favour you

Apply to federal university wukari Taraba if you want to come to the north. They just started medicine and admission process is relatively fair. Just score very high
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OwoukoUrua(m): 10:41am On Feb 10, 2022
Vitamin17:

I school in Uniuyo

So I'm telling you that Uniuyo places more premium on UTME score

A candidate with C6 parallel O'level and 300 UTME score is in a better standing than a candidate with A1 parallel and 299

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vitamin17(m): 11:56am On Feb 10, 2022
OwoukoUrua:

I school in Uniuyo

So I'm telling you that Uniuyo places more premium on UTME score

A candidate with C6 parallel O'level and 300 UTME score is in a better standing than a candidate with A1 parallel and 299

Ok
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by pegix(m): 1:27pm On Feb 10, 2022
pegix:

Lols . that's it son

Sometimes when it aint coming u quit

U should have gone for something indeed

Spent 3 years in total ....got physiotherapy d 2nd year
MBBS d 3rd year
Either physio or med the aim is to port easily outta here undecided

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jerrygram(m): 5:11pm On Feb 10, 2022
The best thing is to never throw any opportunity away, I was given physiotherapy in Oau 2015 I almost rejected the admission but I thought it wise to accept it and I kept writing jamb presently I have been admitted to study medicine in bayelsa medical university

7 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by justus7: 9:10am On Feb 11, 2022
OwoukoUrua:

Unical
Uniuyo
Unizik
UNN
BUK
ABU
Udusok
Unimaid
Uniport
Uniben
Ebsu

Unizik has been using O'level for 2years now.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OwoukoUrua(m): 10:12am On Feb 11, 2022
justus7:

Unizik has been using O'level for 2years now.

Noted
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ruggedfighter: 3:54pm On Feb 11, 2022
Drixlee:
I was stupid
Dont be like me
Choose wisely ooh
It may favour you
Congratulations on your admission bro, but if medicine is really what you seek, then keep writing.

I got admission my first jamb, I rejected it and had to write 3 more jamb exams before I got biochemistry, I had to accept it but I wrote 2 more times before I got medicine and surgery. It's too late to give up on your medicine dream bro, who knows, you may just be closer than you think, I understand your frustration and all because I've been in your shoes, but I'm telling you to just try again. All the best.

8 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 11:27pm On Feb 11, 2022
For those Medics who will want to start a Youtube Channel with your busy schedule, these tips will help you out I'm sure of that! How I grew on YouTube in my first 5 months! smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sICqHSfeDKw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM4zTJU13uQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep4vuXPq0q4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RRXYf0AzdU
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Sweiss(m): 2:07pm On Feb 12, 2022
Good afternoon house. I'm quite new here and I really need your help and advice.

Last year I applied for MBBS through DE to UNIBEN and I got admitted but lost the admission as I couldn't clear. I later found out that for DE, UNIBEN doesn't allow o'levels that postdates the 1st degree matriculation.
This is the reason I couldn't clear, as my 1st degree was gotten on two sittings— which they don't accept— and my new o'level (single sitting) was gotten after the 1st degree.

Is there any school whose requirements for DE accommodates double or single sitting regardless of when it was gotten, as I'd like to register for DE again??

My 1st degree is in Biochemistry, 2.1 from UNIBEN

Thanks, in anticipation of your responses.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by poshemmanuel(m): 4:10pm On Feb 12, 2022
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Sweiss(m): 5:52pm On Feb 12, 2022
poshemmanuel:

What about writing jamb?

You mean I can't get admitted through DE, with the state of things?? I want to consider JAMB only when DE will not be possible
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 8:15pm On Feb 12, 2022
Sweiss:
Good afternoon house. I'm quite new here and I really need your help and advice.

Last year I applied for MBBS through DE to UNIBEN and I got admitted but lost the admission as I couldn't clear. I later found out that for DE, UNIBEN doesn't allow o'levels that postdates the 1st degree matriculation.
This is the reason I couldn't clear, as my 1st degree was gotten on two sittings— which they don't accept— and my new o'level (single sitting) was gotten after the 1st degree.

Is there any school whose requirements for DE accommodates double or single sitting regardless of when it was gotten, as I'd like to register for DE again??

I had exactly same issue. That's one of the reasons why I just went back to write jamb. But who knows? Someone may have a better option... Have faith.. smiley Mehn this is really frustrating!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by itzzkhaliii(m): 10:38pm On Feb 12, 2022
Greetings to Great Medics.
Abeg Patronise your Paddy.

Well you know gift can be given by anyone!
BAE'S
Is your boo the Movie type?
Music type?
The Game type?
The reading type?
The tutorial watching type?
YouTube or Netflix type.

GUYS
IS YOUR BAE THE
y Music type?
The Game type?
The reading type?
The tutorial watching type?
YouTube or Netflix type?

Well we got you covered with this portable screen magnifier at affordable price.
Available in 10 &12 inches.

DM TO GRAB YOUR VALENTINE'S GIFT OR PERSONAL USE AT A DISCOUNT!!!!.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Haustyne(m): 6:40am On Feb 13, 2022
Sweiss:

Try UNN or state uni
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Shady92(m): 12:26pm On Feb 13, 2022
Good day house. Pls are medical interns still paid by the government. Cause they was a circular last year that they will stop payimg medical interns. Someone should help me
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Sweiss(m): 12:35pm On Feb 13, 2022
RuyiMedicDiary:
I had exactly same issue. That's one of the reasons why I just went back to write jamb. But who knows? Someone may have a better option... Have faith.. smiley Mehn this is really frustrating!

Wow, you must have great tenacity!!

Which schools were your new pick, how did it eventually turn out for you?? Kindly share your story.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Sweiss(m): 12:41pm On Feb 13, 2022
Haustyne:

Try UNN or state uni

Thanks, currently contemplating UNN and trying to gather every info I can, directly from those in the dept.

I have very little knowledge about any state school and will appreciate an orientation from anyone as regards their DE admission process.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 4:49pm On Feb 13, 2022
Shady92:
Good day house. Pls are medical interns still paid by the government. Cause they was a circular last year that they will stop payimg medical interns. Someone should help me
Interns are still being paid, only that there has been a change to the allowances payable to Interns.

House Officers (MBBS/BDS) now have to apply via the MDCN portal while other Interns go the traditional way.

Attached below is the schedule for allowances as reviewed by the federal government.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 1:28am On Feb 14, 2022
For those who will offer or who are offering Anatomy in 200l and 300l, these videos will help you know how to present your theory answers on your script to hit at least a 60%... Tested and Trusted cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dX80GS_cQ8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M10xeBnSyk
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 1:31am On Feb 14, 2022
Sweiss:

Wow, you must have great tenacity!!

Which schools were your new pick, how did it eventually turn out for you?? Kindly share your story.
I explained all of this in MY JAMB STORY series... It was an emotional Rollercoaster embarassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_uaXwDqyHk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfDDgmxYQEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMRavjZtQiU

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by poshemmanuel(m): 1:24pm On Feb 14, 2022
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 1:52pm On Feb 14, 2022
poshemmanuel:

So Medical laboratory scientist earn more than Nurses?
Unfortunately, that's what obtainable during internship.

As regards the civil service, they all enter on GL10.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fightvice234(m): 2:57pm On Feb 14, 2022
Pls am an aspirant of medicine and surgery can you tell me things i will encounter during the journey

(1) (2) (3) ... (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.