Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (821) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1830017 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) (824) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 1:28am On Jan 20, 2022
Herefortheinfo:
Finally gotten admission for MbbS in Uniben after 5 years........ #Grateful
congratulations cheesy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Froshchuksswart(m): 1:51pm On Jan 20, 2022
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Froshchuksswart(m): 2:06pm On Jan 20, 2022
chimzy105:

Congrats....pls if u don't mind kindly tell how u were able to prepare for ur second MB bcs it's a combo of yr2 n 3 work and under a short period of time.
Thanks

Congrats....pls if u don't mind kindly tell how u were able to prepare for ur second MB bcs it's a combo of yr2 n 3 work and under a short period of time.
Thanks[/quote]

Passing 2nd MB Entails alot of Skill which I will be mentioning the most important ones These are

1)SPEED
2)ACCURACY
3)SMARTNESS

SPEED:I don’t really know about the school you are studying at but if it is one of these schools in the eastern part of Nigeria like UNEC(my school) ESUT UNIZIK your speed in covering materials And big textbooks in the aforementioned schools cannot be overemphasized imagine studying BDS/MBBS in a school that follows the general school calendar not minding if you are a medical student or not a school that finishes two sessions in a year you need speed to overcome this how do you do this yes of course by reading everyday that is the only way out reading and covering reasonable amount of topics per day

ACCURACY:You need to be accurate not just covering a lot, accuracy for me is understanding what you are reading cause you need this knowledge for a very long time imagine you study something you will write the exam In the next 18 months and you are cramming it,that’s the beginning of failure cause, cramming here is just like you are wasting your time you are not an engineering or accounting student that just need a short time memory you need this knowledge for a very long period of time, understanding is key so you can BUILD ON RESIDUAL KNOWLEDGE, Incase if they set that question and you didn’t really get time to revise ,atleast you have an idea and you can talk small about it

SMARTNESS:My brother nobody can finish the whole of GUYTON, you need to be smart, for example read what is in your syllabus for your school first before reading other things like in my school now, they normally do not treat anatomy of the BACK REGION,imagine you are reading BACK REGION,when you haven’t really mastered HEAD AND NECK REGION,omo smartness cannot be over emphasized, if he choke my brother select important topics jack am for exam(You must have read all and you can’t recall all) try as much as possible to be smart you can’t know it all, Even Ben Carson no know everything about the human brain,be smart attend tough lecturers fixed class, How H.O.D of PHYSIO go fix class 3 days to MB and you Dey your lodge Dey jack GUYTON,watin you know say you Dey jack, be smart attend those dying minute class fixed by big lecturers

Finally if you’re a Christian/ Islam always pray, me I no sabi pray oo, but I Dey always call my mum to pray for me...!

All the BEST DOCTOR!!!

9 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Froshchuksswart(m): 2:09pm On Jan 20, 2022
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Acecube(m): 2:28pm On Jan 20, 2022
NL1960:

Do you have an idea of the merit cutoff mark for Uniben MbbS?.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by NL1960: 3:02pm On Jan 20, 2022
Acecube:

Thanks. I have been seeing that on the internet but thought it was not true as there was nothing official from Uniben on cut-off marks unlike Unilag that makes her cut-off marks official.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 3:21pm On Jan 20, 2022
Froshchuksswart:

Thanks

Passing 2nd MB Entails alot of Skill which I will be mentioning the most important ones These are

1)SPEED
2)ACCURACY
3)SMARTNESS

SPEED:I don’t really know about the school you are studying at but if it is one of these schools in the eastern part of Nigeria like UNEC(my school) ESUT UNIZIK your speed in covering materials And big textbooks in the aforementioned schools cannot be overemphasized imagine studying BDS/MBBS in a school that follows the general school calendar not minding if you are a medical student or not a school that finishes two sessions in a year you need speed to overcome this how do you do this yes of course by reading everyday that is the only way out reading and covering reasonable amount of topics per day

ACCURACY:You need to be accurate not just covering a lot, accuracy for me is understanding what you are reading cause you need this knowledge for a very long time imagine you study something you will write the exam In the next 18 months and you are cramming it,that’s the beginning of failure cause, cramming here is just like you are wasting your time you are not an engineering or accounting student that just need a short time memory you need this knowledge for a very long period of time, understanding is key so you can BUILD ON RESIDUAL KNOWLEDGE, Incase if they set that question and you didn’t really get time to revise ,atleast you have an idea and you can talk small about it

SMARTNESS:My brother nobody can finish the whole of GUYTON, you need to be smart, for example read what is in your syllabus for your school first before reading other things like in my school now, they normally do not treat anatomy of the BACK REGION,imagine you are reading BACK REGION,when you haven’t really mastered HEAD AND NECK REGION,omo smartness cannot be over emphasized, if he choke my brother select important topics jack am for exam(You must have read all and you can’t recall all) try as much as possible to be smart you can’t know it all, Even Ben Carson no know everything about the human brain,be smart attend tough lecturers fixed class, How H.O.D of PHYSIO go fix class 3 days to MB and you Dey your lodge Dey jack GUYTON,watin you know say you Dey jack, be smart attend those dying minute class fixed by big lecturers

Finally if you’re a Christian/ Islam always pray, me I no sabi pray oo, but I Dey always call my mum to pray for me...!

All the BEST DOCTOR!!!
. Well said!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 3:23pm On Jan 20, 2022
For PRECLINICAL STUDENTS!!! In this video i talked about EVERYTHING I did in my Preclinicals that helped me to have a DISTINCTION in my PROFESSIONAL MBBS EXAM.... Even after writing JAMB Six (6) times to get the admission in the first place. smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoUKjqadzgo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRdPlPlG6EY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P0pwkGjbho

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Acecube(m): 4:19pm On Jan 20, 2022
NL1960:

Thanks. I have been seeing that on the internet but thought it was not true as there was nothing official from Uniben on cut-off marks unlike Unilag that makes her cut-off marks official.

Uniben don't make theirs official, nevertheless you can still get to know by asking the right persons.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by NL1960: 4:47pm On Jan 20, 2022
Acecube:
Uniben don't make theirs official, nevertheless you can still get to know by asking the right persons.

Knowing the right persons is the big issue. Iam looking for that of all Engineering courses.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Acecube(m): 5:40pm On Jan 20, 2022
NL1960:

Knowing the right persons is the big issue. Iam looking for that of all Engineering courses.
Okay... Engineering courses are usually below 70... Don't think it will change this year
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Acecube(m): 5:41pm On Jan 20, 2022
RuyiMedicDiary:
For PRECLINICAL STUDENTS!!! In this video i talked about EVERYTHING I did in my Preclinicals that helped me to have a DISTINCTION in my PROFESSIONAL MBBS EXAM.... Even after writing JAMB Six (6) times to get the admission in the first place. smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoUKjqadzgo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRdPlPlG6EY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P0pwkGjbho
Just had time to go through this... Lovely content. By the way you are so eloquent.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by NL1960: 9:08am On Jan 21, 2022
Acecube:
Okay... Engineering courses are usually below 70... Don't think it will change this year

Thanks. I was wondering because i know of somebody that got an aggregate of 73+ for Uniben Mechanical but his JAMB CAPS admission status keeps showing 'your admission is being processed'. Was thinking the person did not meet the merit cut-off.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 11:43am On Jan 21, 2022
Acecube:
Just had time to go through this... Lovely content. By the way you are so eloquent.
Thank you smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Adranido(m): 4:00pm On Jan 21, 2022
Herefortheinfo:
Finally gotten admission for MbbS in Uniben after 5 years........ #Grateful
My body de shake shocked
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chimzy105(f): 11:00pm On Jan 21, 2022
Froshchuksswart:

Thanks

1)SPEED
2)ACCURACY
3)SMARTNESS

All the BEST DOCTOR!!!
Thank you very much....my MB exam is in 5months
I am trying my best to cover up.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 3:05pm On Jan 22, 2022
Finally the last video in the series; How I got a distinction in My PROFESSIONAL MBBS EXAM (after writing JAMB Six times before getting mbbs admission). I answered all your questions cheesy

-How you can get the pdf of where I answered all past questions I studied for my professional mbbs exam
-If I feel depressed after discussing questions after exams
-Why and when I made decision not to talk in exam hall
-Why I study everyday
-If it is possible to write exams without talking in exam hall
-If my coursemates hate me for not telling them answers in exam hall
-What I do when I'm too shy to approach people for help
-How I catch up with missed classes quickly
-How I cope with depression in Medical School
-What time I read and sleep during my preclinicals
-How I study everyday even with 8-5 classes and still have time to rest
-How I learn diagrams and study without writing down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eslzUCdh7x4
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vitamin17(m): 6:02pm On Jan 24, 2022
Any ebsu MBBS student here abeg I need ur assistance
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Adranido(m): 6:56pm On Jan 24, 2022
Vitamin17:
Any ebsu MBBS student here abeg I need ur assistance
grin grin grin angry angry grin angry grin tongue
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Adranido(m): 7:12pm On Jan 24, 2022
There is this MBBS student from my area studying in unilorin,the guy told me that I should put in for physiology in unical this year,according to him I will get physiology with at least 240 in jamb. He told me if I could perform very well in year one I could cross to medicine.
Am afraid of the process altogether.
In last year's jamb na so I get 268 after targeting 310 grin this year i still don't trust myself.
Pls who else knows about this crossing thing cry before I go do mistake
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vitamin17(m): 7:18pm On Jan 24, 2022
Adranido:
grin grin grin angry angry grin angry grin tongue

Baba why u de laugh me nah embarassed
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vitamin17(m): 7:20pm On Jan 24, 2022
Adranido:
There is this MBBS student from my area studying in unilorin,the guy told me that I should put in for physiology in unical this year,according to him I will get physiology with at least 240 in jamb. He told me if I could perform very well in year one I could cross to medicine.
Am afraid of the process altogether.
In last year's jamb na so I get 268 after targeting 310 grin this year i still don't trust myself.
Pls who else knows about this crossing thing cry before I go do mistake

grin grin.. meself de write this year I for score high sha nah my stupid computer compromised angry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Adranido(m): 7:44pm On Jan 24, 2022
Vitamin17:

grin grin.. meself de write this year I for score high sha nah my stupid computer compromised angry
that last year exam sef surprise me.If you see how I scatter physics wel I no too too know ba.Biology that I answered carefully na my lowest.
Shame still de catch me o.
Bros shey na ebsu you wan apply
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Adranido(m): 7:46pm On Jan 24, 2022
Vitamin17:

that last year exam sef surprise me.If you see how I scatter physics wel I no too too know ba.Biology that I answered carefully na my lowest.
Bros shey na ebsu you wan apply cool
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vitamin17(m): 7:46pm On Jan 24, 2022
Adranido:
Bros shey na ebsu you wan apply

Nah ebsu o grin no time to waste cool..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Adranido(m): 7:51pm On Jan 24, 2022
Vitamin17:

Bros shey na ebsu you wan apply coolcool
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by poshemmanuel(m): 7:56pm On Jan 24, 2022
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Adranido(m): 8:04pm On Jan 24, 2022
Vitamin17:

Nah ebsu o grin no time to waste cool..
you see how pop 1 de disgrace me publicly cry
Shey na connection you wan use now. tongue
Why are you looking for their students upanddown angry
Na to blast jamb be the only option o ; angry

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Adranido(m): 8:10pm On Jan 24, 2022
poshemmanuel:

it's straight forward, if you have a very good result in 100 level for physiology or any other related science course, buy transfer form to medicine.
Thank you very much.
But does that good result means getting first class or what.
Thanks once more either I use jamb straight or that course crossing
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vitamin17(m): 8:13pm On Jan 24, 2022
Adranido:
you see how pop 1 de disgrace me publicly cry
Shey na connection you wan use now. tongue
Why are you looking for their students upanddown angry
Na to blast jamb be the only option o ; angry

Connection? No bro I will score high in jamb I just wan know how MBBS be for dat side and fees etc
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Adranido(m): 8:23pm On Jan 24, 2022
poshemmanuel:

it's straight forward, if you have a very good result in 100 level for physiology or any other related science course, buy transfer form to medicine.
thank you very much Sir.
But do mean having first class in the first year.Vitamin 17 hope don show o,either using jamb straight or using that course crossing something cool
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by poshemmanuel(m): 8:33pm On Jan 24, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) (824) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.