Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (852) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1835471 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (849) (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) (855) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Omabel71: 6:27am On Aug 28, 2022
Good morning, Doctors and aspirants in the house. My utme is 289 and I selected UI but I am thinking of changing to unillorin due to the fact that people really performed well in this year jamb. I am Oyo state indigene. I want people to advise on this.
Also I am considering either lautech or uniosun too . Uniosun putme form is out presently and I don't know the status of their medical school. I want people to candidly contribute on the situation.
Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Sulele04(m): 8:39am On Aug 29, 2022
Omabel71:
Good morning, Doctors and aspirants in the house. My utme is 289 and I selected UI but I am thinking of changing to unillorin due to the fact that people really performed well in this year jamb. I am Oyo state indigene. I want people to advise on this.
Also I am considering either lautech or uniosun too . Uniosun putme form is out presently and I don't know the status of their medical school. I want people to candidly contribute on the situation.
Thanks.
Change institution immediately, the chance of Ui is low.

289 is far too low for Medicine in Ui, infact you already at a disadvantage going to P. Utme, cause you need at least 90 in P. Utme to clinch admission.

Ui Post Utme on the other hand is even harder than Jamb, so many 300+ no dey enter not to talk of 280+.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 9:32am On Aug 29, 2022
Omabel71:
Thanks.
Hello boss. Your chance of admission in UI with 289 is quite low. UI is virtually the most competitive med school in Nigeria. If you have the funds, process LAUTECH. UNIOSUN is not accredited. God bless you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Omabel71: 9:35am On Aug 29, 2022
Thanks for your response. Going by experience where do u think I can changed to.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrOptimistic: 12:19pm On Aug 29, 2022
Gemineye:
Can i get your whatsapp contact..please

Send me a pm, please
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrOptimistic: 12:20pm On Aug 29, 2022
Bribolani:
Good evening Doctor, Congratulations on this feat.

Can I have your WhatsApp Contact or Facebook Id so you can guide me on this?

Thank you.
I am not active on Facebook
Send me a pm
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dvd4: 2:44pm On Aug 29, 2022
SF123:
Partially chief, the truth is that my admission is strickly based on connection on both getting the physiology and crossing to medicine and surgery itself respectively backed up with high GCPA( i don`t really want to expose myself on this) sir how do i go about it when school resumes? Bro you did not highlight if i should borrow any courses in my 100level and 200level (where the crossing takes place officially though the man says i will do that in 100level)
What courses did he say you will borrow?

Zoology?
Statistics?
Or
Maths?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gemineye: 4:49pm On Aug 29, 2022
DrOptimistic:

Send me a pm, please
sent
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 9:11am On Aug 30, 2022
Dvd4:
What courses did he say you will borrow?

Zoology?
Statistics?
Or
Maths?
The man is a professor to be precise, basically he did not emphasize on borrowing any course either in 100level or 200level respectively. He only told my dad that i should change my course and at the end of 100level, i will cross to medicine and surgery. However when it comes to borrowing of courses from the medical counterpart, i keenly want to know if i will borrow any course in my 100level/200level physiology when i will eventually switch to medicine and surgery.
if yes, specifically in UNIZIK what are the courses sir to be borrowed sir?
*Chief, my admission is typically based on connection on both as the departmental merit cut off mark may drastically go higher this year; sir when school resumes how do i go about it ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ShahRukhKhan: 9:13am On Aug 30, 2022
drverified:
If you need any info concerning UDUS and it's admission process and all, you can message here on WhatsApp, 0 8 1 3 0 5 6 7 3 3 1

If you applied Udus shaa just know na mid 2023 una go resume cus we never even start 2nd semester 100lvl before the strike, 2021 aspirant sef Neva know their fate yet grin grin

Country yi ti baje gan sad
Verified ASUU has called off the strike. Let's meet in class tomorrow ����
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrOptimistic: 10:04am On Aug 30, 2022
Gemineye:
sent

Check your mail.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lector123: 8:30pm On Aug 30, 2022
Good evening.For the uniben medical students in this group,pls which textbooks did you use for AEB 111 and PBB 111 courses in 100Level
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dvd4: 3:08pm On Aug 31, 2022
SF123:
The man is a professor to be precise, basically he did not emphasize on borrowing any course either in 100level or 200level respectively. He only told my dad that i should change my course and at the end of 100level, i will cross to medicine and surgery. However when it comes to borrowing of courses from the medical counterpart, i keenly want to know if i will borrow any course in my 100level/200level physiology when i will eventually switch to medicine and surgery.
if yes, specifically in UNIZIK what are the courses sir to be borrowed sir?
*Chief, my admission is typically based on connection on both as the departmental merit cut off mark may drastically go higher this year; sir when school resumes how do i go about it ?

Send me a mail, so I can give you my WhatsApp number.

I want to reply you with a Voice note.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 5:43pm On Aug 31, 2022
Dvd4:

Send me a mail, so I can give you my WhatsApp number.

I want to reply you with a Voice note.
Done sir. i am very grateful, i really appreciate sir.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Marytess(f): 10:21am On Sep 01, 2022
Hello everyone,

Please does anyone know the process of getting into a Medical school in the UK (undergraduate).

A friend of mine wants to send their child to the UK. Please Any information will be appreciated
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 12:08pm On Sep 01, 2022
Lector123:
Good evening.For the uniben medical students in this group,pls which textbooks did you use for AEB 111 and PBB 111 courses in 100Level
The departments will sell the texts to you when you resume.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 1:00pm On Sep 01, 2022
Marytess:
Hello everyone,

Please does anyone know the process of getting into a Medical school in the UK (undergraduate).

A friend of mine wants to send their child to the UK. Please Any information will be appreciated
There are several options.
(1) Through foundation programs (There are limited schools that offer this program to international students. Like 3 or 4 I think)
(2) Through A levels (Register for the next A level Diet now if you want this option. The next is May/June)
(3) University of Buckingham premed program which lasts for 9-10months after which you'll proceed to their 4years 6months mbchb program (I'm not sure if the registration is still on)
(4) Graduate entry program (4years). You'll have to sit for a test called GAMSAT or BMAT and UKCAT )
Mind you, there are exams you may have to write depending on the school. The exams include
(1) IELTS (Some schools may waive this if you have an A in your gcse English)
(2) UKCAT or BMAT (or Both in some cases)
(3) GAMSAT ( For graduate entry route)
Also, you might want to consider international students friendly schools like Buckingham, Brunel, UCLAN (University of central Lancashire) These universities have much more spaces for international students than home students. If you need clarification you could ask more questions

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by LalastiklaIa(m): 1:49pm On Sep 01, 2022
Omabel71:
Good morning house. I want to ask if 289 score in utme is good to study medicine at UI. If not which University should I change to.
Uniben or UI if you can score 88 to 90 in either of the school's post UTME. It is not impossible. I have seen people personally score 89,90,91 in UI post UTME and persons score 86,88,92 in Uniben's post UTME. Getting any of these kind of scores will place you at par with those with 300+ infact your aggregate score will surpass them. Take the risk please.

When I had 298 in 2020 and chose UI that was how some enemies of progress discouraged me and I went to a seemingly "less competitive university" only to get denied outrightly without being given a consolation. If you've been studying very hard abeg take the risk. Stop listening to naysayers. Because they can't or could not do it they will tell you why you cannot do it

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ruggedfighter: 4:07am On Sep 02, 2022
LalastiklaIa:

Uniben or UI if you can score 88 to 90 in either of the school's post UTME. It is not impossible. I have seen people personally score 89,90,91 in UI post UTME and persons score 86,88,92 in Uniben's post UTME. Getting any of these kind of scores will place you at par with those with 300+ infact your aggregate score will surpass them. Take the risk please.

When I had 298 in 2020 and chose UI that was how some enemies of progress discouraged me and I went to a seemingly "less competitive university" only to get denied outrightly without being given a consolation. If you've been studying very hard abeg take the risk. Stop listening to naysayers. Because they can't or could not do it they will tell you why you cannot do it
You goofed in a "less competitive" school, what makes you think you'd have gained entry into UI?. There's no guarantee anywhere, less competitive or not, everyone is seeking an easier route, there's no time to be wasting trying to get into UI when there are easier alternatives. If he's ready to risk anything, let him risk it in schools where his chances are higher, it's not like there's a guarantee anywhere in the first place...

Dear Omabel71, except maybe you love adventures, then UI is still a good option. In my honest opinion, change your school. Medicine is medicine everywhere, don't let anyone use motivation to lead you astray.

PS- 289 is possible for UI(I'm not rulling your chances off), you can still get the admission if u choose to leave it there. I'm only saying this cos the "big schools" have made many aspirants sit at home for many years.

5 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 9:39am On Sep 02, 2022
@RUGGEDFIGHTER
How are you doing chief, i will like to connect with you. Drop your facebook username or you add me up via Kosisochukwu Nwazojie. You can also drop your whatsapp contact as i may call you later in the day. Thanks boss.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ruggedfighter: 9:52am On Sep 02, 2022
SF123:
@RUGGEDFIGHTER
How are you doing chief, i will like to connect with you. Drop your facebook username or you add me up via Kosisochukwu Nwazojie. You can also drop your whatsapp contact as i may call you later in the day. Thanks boss.
Are u medic tetraoxosulphate VI acid?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 10:55am On Sep 02, 2022
LalastiklaIa:

Your post actually made me laugh out loud.
People are giving their candid and honest opinion to a guy who is confused and you are calling them "naysayers".
What is even your point? You are advising someone to chase a white goose, to take an uncalculated risk??
91 in UI POST UTME?, 92 in UNIBEN POST UTME? Really??, What are the chances that he makes these wild scores you are mentioning.
Just like Rugged fighter rightly said, you couldn't make it in other schools and you are fantasizing about UI. Do you know that UI is the most competitive medical school in Nigeria??

Dear Omabel71, enough has been said by many experienced and bright minds on this forum, it is left for you to make your decision.
God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ruggedfighter: 11:18am On Sep 02, 2022
Clinton39:

Your post actually made me laugh out loud.
People are giving their candid and honest opinion to a guy who is confused and you are calling them "naysayers".
What is even your point? You are advising someone to chase a white goose, to take an uncalculated risk??
91 in UI POST UTME?, 92 in UNIBEN POST UTME? Really??, What are the chances that he makes these wild scores you are mentioning.
Just like Rugged fighter rightly said, you couldn't make it in other schools and you are fantasizing about UI. Do you know that UI is the most competitive medical school in Nigeria??

Dear Omabel71, enough has been said by many experienced and bright minds on this forum, it is left for you to make your decision.
God bless you.
Leave him let him be spilling spoilt beans there. If he's his brother, I'm not sure he'd tell him to take his 289 to UI and struggle to get 90+ in the post utme.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Froshchuksswart(m): 10:51pm On Sep 02, 2022
Dvd4:
Biochemistry is a unique type of Chemistry. It's simply Chemistry of life.

Its studies Chemistry as it related to life. That's why it's BIOchemistry not CHEMObiology.

This is just it , Biochemistry is just organic chemistry related to the human body
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 03, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (849) (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) (855) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.