Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (854) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1833367 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (851) (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Heavenlydemon(m): 9:13pm On Sep 06, 2022
Munonyealvan:

266 is kind of avergaebut it all depends on your post utme performance.I don't think they have conducted post utme in the last two years, they used Olevel + jamb 2020 ,I think they did same too for 2021 .To be on a safer side you need a very strong Olevel in case they decide not to conduct post utme again.Also u need to study very hard in case they decide to conduct post utme.Dont attempt to be lax about the exam or underestimate it even though you are an indigene.Study jamb past questions very welll too.Aim for 300+ I know a guy that got 300+ 2019 time.Goodluck
What do you think about 232 for medicine in COOU
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by barremmanuel01: 10:47pm On Sep 06, 2022
Froshchuksswart:

266 is enough if you are from Enugu just score like 275 in the post utme I prepared for the post utme for like one week and I scored 289

Thank you so much for this
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by barremmanuel01: 10:49pm On Sep 06, 2022
Froshchuksswart:

They offer maths Biology physics chemistry English and general knowledge as at 2018 when I wrote
Thank you so much for this
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by barremmanuel01: 10:52pm On Sep 06, 2022
Munonyealvan:

266 is kind of avergaebut it all depends on your post utme performance.I don't think they have conducted post utme in the last two years, they used Olevel + jamb 2020 ,I think they did same too for 2021 .To be on a safer side you need a very strong Olevel in case they decide not to conduct post utme again.Also u need to study very hard in case they decide to conduct post utme.Dont attempt to be lax about the exam or underestimate it even though you are an indigene.Study jamb past questions very welll too.Aim for 300+ I know a guy that got 300+ 2019 time.Goodluck
This really helps, Thank you so much
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by drverified(m): 7:11am On Sep 07, 2022
ShahRukhKhan:

Verified ASUU has called off the strike. Let's meet in class tomorrow ����
grin grin apart from physics practical, I no think say I dey attend any class laye grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by drverified(m): 7:19am On Sep 07, 2022
Ruggedfighter:
grin grin. I hope you enjoyed reading my diary?. You're crying with a long epistle here just cos the truth was thrown at your face?. I hope you've been offered admission too?. It'd make no sense to keep arguing with you over someone who I'm sure isn't a kid, I'm certain he knows what to do. As for you, I ask again, hope you've been offered admission to study medicine?

Thanks for stopping by at my diary, once again wink grin
grin a comrade and more, planting violence here and there
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by drverified(m): 7:24am On Sep 07, 2022
Ruggedfighter:
grin grin. I hope you enjoyed reading my diary?. You're crying with a long epistle here just cos the truth was thrown at your face?. I hope you've been offered admission too?. It'd make no sense to keep arguing with you over someone who I'm sure isn't a kid, I'm certain he knows what to do. As for you, I ask again, hope you've been offered admission to study medicine?

Thanks for stopping by at my diary, once again wink grin
I don DM you for Whatsapp, Omohh, grin this reply should be framed and taken to national museum grin , how's the ASUU strike treating you??

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 7:11pm On Sep 07, 2022
Gbsks:
I replied your pm. Check your mail
my G mail is (kosisocosmas5050@gmail.com) send it at the aforementioned Gmail bro, thank you.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 7:51pm On Sep 07, 2022
Heavenlydemon:
Excuse me
Can one get admission in COOU with a jamb score of 232 but with very good waec result
Dear, learn how to be polite when asking a certain questions that got something to do with your future. Yes, It is very possible. Basically to be frank with you, 232 is a pleasant jamb score, although everything depends on the course you are aspiring for. But if you are an aspirant of medicine and surgery, the score is extremely low as some persons with 250+ will pull the crown and have an advantage over you irrespective of being a state university. All things being equal, you can still get it with a very strong connection in the school aforementioned above. Why not change to a school that does post utme to increase your chances as that may also be an added advantage to correct the previous mistakes you showcased in UTME.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Heavenlydemon(m): 10:16pm On Sep 07, 2022
SF123:
Dear, learn how to be polite when asking a certain questions that got something to do with your future. Yes, It is very possible. Basically to be frank with you, 232 is a pleasant jamb score, although everything depends on the course you are aspiring for. But if you are an aspirant of medicine and surgery, the score is extremely low as some persons with 250+ will pull the crown and have an advantage over you irrespective of being a state university. All things being equal, you can still get it with a very strong connection in the school aforementioned above. Why not change to a school that does post utme to increase your chances as that may also be an added advantage to correct the previous mistakes you showcased in UTME.
Sorry for been a drag
Thanks for the advice
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 8:48am On Sep 08, 2022
SF123:
my G mail is (kosisocosmas5050@gmail.com) send it at the aforementioned Gmail bro, thank you.
Hey man, I got you. Please be patient, I'll send it to you soon
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 9:45am On Sep 08, 2022
Heavenlydemon:
Sorry for been a drag Thanks for the advice
The pleasure is mine brother.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by EINSTEINUCHE(m): 7:29am On Sep 09, 2022
Good day medics in the house.Pls can i get mbbs in unilorin with 298 in jamb.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Marytess(f): 8:33am On Sep 09, 2022
Gbsks:

There are several options.
(1) Through foundation programs (There are limited schools that offer this program to international students. Like 3 or 4 I think)
(2) Through A levels (Register for the next A level Diet now if you want this option. The next is May/June)
(3) University of Buckingham premed program which lasts for 9-10months after which you'll proceed to their 4years 6months mbchb program (I'm not sure if the registration is still on)
(4) Graduate entry program (4years). You'll have to sit for a test called GAMSAT or BMAT and UKCAT )
Mind you, there are exams you may have to write depending on the school. The exams include
(1) IELTS (Some schools may waive this if you have an A in your gcse English)
(2) UKCAT or BMAT (or Both in some cases)
(3) GAMSAT ( For graduate entry route)
Also, you might want to consider international students friendly schools like Buckingham, Brunel, UCLAN (University of central Lancashire) These universities have much more spaces for international students than home students. If you need clarification you could ask more questions

Thank you. Let me look into these immediately.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Rursh(m): 10:07pm On Sep 09, 2022
EINSTEINUCHE:
Good day medics in the house.Pls can i get mbbs in unilorin with 298 in jamb.

Yes you should be able to. It's just that UNILORIN admission is "somehow". To be on the safer side, just try and aim for 80+ in your post UTME.
Besides, are you from Kwara state or any of her catchment? Did you know someone there to help you trail the admission process and help you get in?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 2:36am On Sep 10, 2022
Clinton39:
Surprised how this thread just blew cold.
I mean, you just have to read past pages to grasp what I am saying.
Pls where are the bosses this thread should not remain inactive like this
cc: Lagusta
donpre
Storm2
Dr brainiac
charleymed
Omor, those chiefs are now termed as a Medical Doctors doing extremely well in all walks of life.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Johnywasky(m): 3:10am On Sep 10, 2022
University of Abuja part 5

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 2:38pm On Sep 10, 2022
Marytess:

Thank you. Let me look into these immediately.
You're welcome. I think the A level route is the best. Find a reputable school that offers the program (like Oxbridge Academy in Lagos). I believe they'll properly guide you concerning the process.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by EINSTEINUCHE(m): 10:37am On Sep 11, 2022
[quote author=Rursh post=116515957].
Thanks,I am From imo state but i have a prominent imam there with connection.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by adeolabakare: 12:11pm On Sep 11, 2022
wazzidon:
Hi, am a 3rd year Medical student of UNN.
https:///+BQMl99PAkrozMDU8
Join free telegram group for structured Anatomy Q & A
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by adeolabakare: 12:13pm On Sep 11, 2022
ebsuguy:
pls if u will be in 300 next academic session...pls indicate lets share ideas and see the differences and similarities between our schools,lecturers etc
https:///+BQMl99PAkrozMDU8 Join for structured Anatomy Q & A
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Alexaonfleek: 12:18pm On Sep 11, 2022
Waramiedema63:
Please is it possible for one to get pregnant while in medical school
Sure...why not?
As long as you have a supportive spouse because it's not easy.
Someone in my class gave birth to twins early this year...she's just lucky her husband is very supportive.
At worse, you might be excused from anatomy practical sessions because of the nasty formalin smell.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 12:42pm On Sep 11, 2022
SF123:
Omor, those chiefs are now termed as a Medical Doctors doing extremely well in all walks of life.
Lmao I'm still in school but I'm the sure our chiefs are all done and doing great
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 2:07pm On Sep 11, 2022
Donpre:

Lmao I'm still in school but I'm the sure our chiefs are all done and doing great
Boss, I hail you oo
How has UNIPORT been to you??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 2:09pm On Sep 11, 2022
Clinton39:

Boss, I hail you oo
How has UNIPORT been to you??
It's been alright. ASUU wan kill person with back to back strikes else I for dey final year by now

I don't recall your moniker, which school and level?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 2:15pm On Sep 11, 2022
Donpre:

It's been alright. ASUU wan kill person with back to back strikes else I for dey final year by now

I don't recall your moniker, which school and level?
Am an aspirant actually, I initially applied UNIPORT but changed due to the aforementioned strikes.
I learnt about you when I was reading through the thread, you are an inspiration.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 2:29pm On Sep 11, 2022
Clinton39:

Am an aspirant actually, I initially applied UNIPORT but changed due to the aforementioned strikes.
I learnt about you when I was reading through the thread, you are an inspiration.
oh! I see. Well Uniport is a nice school and the strike go reach everybody las las except some states schools and private universities, so its best you learn to embrace it.

There are times you would pray and hope for the strike and it would come save you. Don't worry, you'll understand later

Also, not sure what about me is inspiring but I do hope your application is successful

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 2:33pm On Sep 11, 2022
Donpre:

oh! I see. Well Uniport is a nice school and the strike go reach everybody las las except some states schools and private universities, so its best you learn to embrace it.

There are times you would pray and hope for the strike and it would come save you. Don't worry, you'll understand later

Also, not sure what about me is inspiring but I do hope your application is successful
Your JAMB score actually inspired me, unfortunately I fell 18 points short, lol(made 302)
My school is actually Rivers State University
Thanks for your kind wishes
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 2:42pm On Sep 11, 2022
Clinton39:

Your JAMB score actually inspired me, unfortunately I fell 18 points short, lol(made 302)
My school is actually Rivers State University
Thanks for your kind wishes
Congrats in advance. With that score, RSU is sure. I'm also guessing you're an indigene which should seal it for you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 2:50pm On Sep 11, 2022
Donpre:

Congrats in advance. With that score, RSU is sure. I'm also guessing you're an indigene which should seal it for you
Yes boss, I am an indigene.
Thanks.
God bless you. Success in all your endeavors.

Boss, have you written 1st MB??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 2:52pm On Sep 11, 2022
Clinton39:

Yes boss, I am an indigene.
Thanks.
God bless you. Success in all your endeavors.

Boss, have you written 1st MB??
Yeah, I'm in 400L
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 2:53pm On Sep 11, 2022
Donpre:

Yeah, I'm in 400L
Wow, that's nice.
Congrats.

(1) (2) (3) ... (851) (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.