Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,589 members, 7,958,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:33 AM

$1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off (18482 Views)

Amaechi Receives Train Model For Rail Project (photos) / EFCC Operatives Arrest PDP Spokesperson Olisa Metuh Over N1.4b Fraud / How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Gbawe: 10:24am On Sep 17, 2012
hustla: 36months?? If dem wan now do from Lagos to Abuja nko? [b]To think it'd convey 1000 people only? [/b]Attempts should be made to do railway ish within lagos so as to curtail the mainland to island and environ holdup and stress..

1thousand capacity train to and fro from the island to d mainaland and viceversa would go a long way.. I guess they r trying to do a sort of inter-city connection..

Kudos to them tho',I hope its not another attempt to siphon money..

issues are about frequency not capacity i.e how many services will be available every day. How many individuals do you think a train conveys between London and Manchester on one trip? 50,000? Remember we are talking about one of the most developed Nations in the world that sets examples. Is it more than 1000 per trip or are issues more about the frequency of service that means per-trip capacity of a train is really is not an issue?

If there are two tracks (going and coming) and depots, the 1000 figure means absolutely nothing. Focus should be on number of trains available and frequency of service daily. If you think in terms of 1000 conveyed per day, then that may appear paltry. If you think in terms of 1000 per trip, with 15 services existing in a 24 hour period for going and also 15 services for coming, then that is 30,000 daily capacity. The article makes it clear the 1000 figure is "per trip". The point is that it is not very nice to be routinely negative without seeking information that provides a full understanding of issues.

2 Likes

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by werepeLeri: 10:28am On Sep 17, 2012
Professional critics that earn no accolade. Please give it up.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Desola(f): 10:28am On Sep 17, 2012
chino24:

This is a waste by the visionless acn Yoruba party. This funds could have been channeled into mechanized and modern agriculture and other purposeful projects. Ibadam is quite rural and there nothing much happening their in terms of economic activities. Its just a 'big' town in terms of huge shanties and planlessness all over the place.

Ibadam biggest city in term of what, all these shanties you call house. Ok let up one picture, just one for to see what you call a city. grin grin

What your myopic mind sees as shanties, others see as a preservation of history.

Moreover, we don't need never do wells easterners who cannot point to any regeneration or innovation in their backward states to tell us we are visionless. We can see those who lack clear vision and direction and believe me when I say that those people are most certainly not the Yorubas.

This same state you refer to as a shanty town boasts of the first tower building whilst your forefathers were still living in mud houses and even before you could see a radio, it housed the first tv station in Africa and was the custodian of cocoa production in Nigeria not to mention university of Ibadan which your backward okoros would kill to get into. so, tell me, okrika, who lacks vision.

Moraforkers!

12 Likes

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by chino24: 10:29am On Sep 17, 2012
hrhobi1: Lagos to Ibadan is about 45 minutes by road. So why the need for a train? is it to make the journey 15 minutes or what ? Why not Lagos to-Ogun-Ondo- Benin-Asaba- Onitsha- Enugu and to the north, which is economically viable to me. Just another waste of funds. IBADAN THAT OLD DIRTY CITY FULL OF RACISTS, IF YOU DON'T SPEAK THEIR LANGUAGE YOU BE OUTCAST.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by highlandre(m): 10:30am On Sep 17, 2012
Mr. Globe:
what a waste of funds. I Railway from Lagos to Ibadan cave. how economic viable is it? I see China has some funds to throw away here and there in Nigeria

People like you shouldn't be on any forum like this. If you know the economic viability of this project, you wouldn't type this crap and feel you've added to the body of knowledge.

We shouldn't just comment because it's free to do so...gosh! Our comments should impact, not always condemn!
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by islamisfake: 10:30am On Sep 17, 2012
Desola:

I am for the disintegration of Nigeria and not for its viability. The north is a lost course as far as i'm concerned so why waste good time trying to form economical relationship. All that it provides the west can easily be reproduced so its a futile effort in my opinion.

My concern is for Yorubaland and for Yorubas alone.

I am also for Nigeria's disintegration. However, lost cause or not...they will need to eat, import fuel, etc. Why not profit from that?
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Gbawe: 10:31am On Sep 17, 2012
chino24:

This is a waste by the visionless acn Yoruba party. This funds could have been channeled into mechanized and modern agriculture and other purposeful projects. Ibadam is quite rural and there nothing much happening their in terms of economic activities. Its just a 'big' town in terms of huge shanties and planlessness all over the place.

Ibadam biggest city in term of what, all these shanties you call house. Ok let up one picture, just one for to see what you call a city. grin grin

Another indoctrinated fool blinded completely by hatred. I really feel sorry for some of you. Get a life and quit this hateful attitude that clouds your reasoning to the point you cannot even see or appreciate what is obvious.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Desola(f): 10:34am On Sep 17, 2012
islam_is_fake:

I am also for Nigeria's disintegration. However, lost cause or not...they will need to eat, import fuel, etc. Why not profit from that?

Anything planted in the north now, ala infrastructure or business is planted at the owner's risk. The threat of vandalism or outright destruction is quite high in the north so extending rail transportation to the north now would be detrimental to the west. We should look into neighbouring African countries for sustenance rather than the north at this present time. The North to me seems cut off from the rest of the country. I wouldn't wanna take a risk of doing business with them.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Bukkyade: 10:34am On Sep 17, 2012
Desola: what took them so long?
do you read or listen to news at all, they jus got the funds from the Chinese bank to commence the project.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by chino24: 10:34am On Sep 17, 2012
Desola:

What your myopic mind sees as shanties, others see as a preservation of history.

Moreover, we don't need never do wells easterners who cannot point to any regeneration or innovation in their backward states to tell us we are visionless. We can see those who lack clear vision and direction and believe me when I say that those people are most certainly not the Yorubas.

This same state you refer to as a shanty town boasts of the first tower building whilst your forefathers were still living in mud houses and even before you could see a radio, it housed the first tv station in Africa and was the custodian of cocoa production in Nigeria not to mention university of Ibadan which your backward okoros would kill to get into. so, tell me, okrika, who lacks vision.

Moraforkers!

Sharrap Yoruba YOROBBERS. cheesy grin

Ibadam is a huge dumpster, filth, unliveable and irrecoverable.

Infact entire YOROBBERLAND is village-like, except Lagos which is Awori land.

S
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by SkyBlue1: 10:35am On Sep 17, 2012
chino24:

This is a waste by the visionless acn Yoruba party.
This funds could have been channeled into mechanized and modern agriculture and other purposeful projects. Ibadam is quite rural and there nothing much happening their in terms of economic activities. Its just a 'big' town in terms of huge shanties and planlessness all over the place.

It is a Federal Project. And to be honest that price does seem a tad steep for what is being proposed. . .
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by PaulJohn1: 10:36am On Sep 17, 2012
Desola:

Moraforkers!
Mehn see vexation.
grin grin grin
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by chino24: 10:37am On Sep 17, 2012
Sky Blue:

It is a Federal Project

FG will not embark on such a wasteful venture into a cave town called Ibadam cheesy
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by SkyBlue1: 10:39am On Sep 17, 2012
chino24:

FG will not embark on such a wasteful venture into a cave town called Ibadam cheesy

1.4billion USD Lagos-Ibadan rail project approved by FG

http://squarefootprojectreport./2012/07/20/1-4billion-usd-lagos-ibadan-rail-project-approved-by-fg/
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Dpeacemaker101: 10:42am On Sep 17, 2012
Mr. Globe:
what a waste of funds. I Railway from Lagos to Ibadan cave. how economic viable is it? I see China has some funds to throw away here and there in Nigeria
mr globe, I don't think you are right on this, cos there are steady movements on this route, and it will go a long way to reduce the traffic and accident caused by the steady movement on the route. So it is a very welcome project.... Go on GEJ
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 17, 2012
chino24:

Sharrap Yoruba YOROBBERS. cheesy grin

Ibadam is a huge dumpster, filth, unliveable and irrecoverable.

Infact entire YOROBBERLAND is village-like, except Lagos which is Awori land.

S

Y'all need to quit this nonsense! Are Aworis Igbo now?
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Krucifax(m): 10:44am On Sep 17, 2012
Whilst i can appreciate Tribalism and hatred from the North being borne of Illiteracy,Religious indoctrination and sheer stupidity,i cant understand that from the East and West.

Why don't you all go and kill yourselves if you hate yourselves that much. I personally loathe getting involved when i read drivel from single digit I.Q cretins here on Nairaland but i just got to ask can't you all keep it civil for once??

So there is a post about a Rail Project,and it's cool to have an opinion regardless of your experience and knowledge,but why turn it into a fight about Igbos,Yorubas blah blah blah?? I clicked on the post with excitement to read on the new development and views of knowledgeable folk on ground only to run into a forest of rubbish by Nairaland trolls.

Keep it cerebral!! If you don't think it's economically viable state your facts! If you think it is viable state your facts! When you are done go home,and keep your tribal prejudices to your God damn selves!!

3 Likes

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Dpeacemaker101: 10:48am On Sep 17, 2012
We need more of these projects. We are now experiencing more work and less actions from the FG. Thumbs up Mr. President.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Desola(f): 10:49am On Sep 17, 2012
Krucifax: Whilst i can appreciate Tribalism and hatred from the North being borne of Illiteracy,Religious indoctrination and sheer stupidity,i cant understand that from the East and West.

Why don't you all go and kill yourselves if you hate yourselves that much. I personally loathe getting involved when i read drivel from single digit I.Q cretins here on Nairaland but i just got to ask can't you all keep it civil for once??

So there is a post about a Rail Project,and it's cool to have an opinion regardless of your experience and knowledge,but why turn it into a fight about Igbos,Yorubas blah blah blah?? I clicked on the post with excitement to read on the new development and views of knowledgeable folk on ground only to run into a forest of rubbish by Nairaland trolls.

Keep it cerebral!! If you don't think it's economically viable state your facts! If you think it is viable state your facts! When you are done go home,and keep your tribal prejudices to your God damn selves!!

just keep it moving. The door is to your left and be careful not to let it hit that big cerebral with multiple digits IQ. Bye bye and don't forget to pick up your ghana must go.

1 Like

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by EkoAtlantic: 10:49am On Sep 17, 2012
naijababe:

Y'all need to quit this nonsense! Are Aworis Igbo now?
Aworis migrated from Aba.
Oderaye ati maa da bobo yen loun
Awon Omo Akpu grin
Won ti je akpu yo. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by SkyBlue1: 10:51am On Sep 17, 2012
Krucifax: Whilst i can appreciate Tribalism and hatred from the North being borne of Illiteracy,Religious indoctrination and sheer stupidity,i cant understand that from the East and West.

The issue you speak of has put me off the site altogether on different occasions. If you are going to keep on viewing nairaland for news, you just need to learn whose post to ignore and what threads you might want to avoid altogether. There are bigots from BOTH sides with all level of "intelligence". Apparently being "educated" does not free one from such obligations.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by ujukala: 10:53am On Sep 17, 2012
What matters is that it has begun.
Desola: what took them so long?
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 17, 2012
Eko Atlantic:
Awon Omo Akpu

Oro oponu l'oro yen. Gbogbo igba ti mo ba ti ri ti won ko lo ma nru mi ninu. Won fe so ara won di omo ale lai se emi.

1 Like

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Desola(f): 10:57am On Sep 17, 2012
ujukala: What matters is that it has begun.

...and let us hope it ends (as in completed in due course).
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by hardniola(m): 11:09am On Sep 17, 2012
Eko Atlantic:
Awon Omo Akpu grin
Won ti je akpu yo. cheesy
AwORIS are
AWORI-igbo just
ijebu-ibo
hahahahaah
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by chucky234(m): 11:12am On Sep 17, 2012
Desola:

I see that reading and comprehension is not your forte. How 36 months translates to 36 years in your head beats me. Who the heck doles out certificates in Nigeria, again? So many people shouldn't have graduated primarily school let alone secondary. Sheesh!
What the hell gave you the gut to quote me,look who is talking about certificates when your post lack efficient act of sentence construction called GRAMMAR in English language.
You can't even spell primary correctly,your use of punctuation is also questionable and you have the gut to questioned me.
36 months in Nigeria equals 36 years,even if they completes the work in 36 months which I doubt that is still a long period for such a short distance,I doubt if you know the number of kilometers between Lagos and Ibadan.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by fstranger: 11:13am On Sep 17, 2012
naijababe:

Oro oponu l'oro yen. Gbogbo igba ti mo ba ti ri ti won ko lo ma nru mi ninu. Won fe so ara won di omo ale lai se emi.

Dudette . . . Aworis are not Yoruba. They migrated from Aba. When the time is right, we will send y'all them back to where they belong.

Conservative Yoruba like me are are ready to annihilate non Yorubas amongst us

It is time for the real social conservative Yorubas to stand up and be counted
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by tunapawizzy: 11:13am On Sep 17, 2012
Mr. Globe:
JESUS WEPT BECAUSE OF THE WAY PEOPLE LIKE YOU REASON....

1 Like

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by EkoAtlantic: 11:13am On Sep 17, 2012
hardniola:
AwORIS are
AWORI-igbo just
ijebu-ibo
hahahahaah

Ijesha-Ibo
Oyo-Ibo
Ilaje-Ibo grin grin
Inshort, Oodua migrated from Aba to Ile-Ife grin grin
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Desola(f): 11:16am On Sep 17, 2012
fstranger:

Dudette . . . Aworis are not Yoruba. They migrated from Aba. When the time is right, we will send y'all them back to where they belong.

Conservative Yoruba like me are are ready to annihilate non Yorubas amongst us

It is time for the real social conservative Yorubas to stand up and be counted

were abugije. O tun ti de.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 17, 2012
Eko Atlantic:

Ijesha-Ibo
Oyo-Ibo
Ilaje-Ibo grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin ok o.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by EkoAtlantic: 11:19am On Sep 17, 2012
Desola:

were abugije. O tun ti de.

Were eleyi ti ju ti abugije lo o.
Were fi pata kogi lele yi o grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fayose Gets N8.8b Paris Loan Refund / Buhari, Others In Niger Republic For ECOWAS Single Currency Talks (Photos) / Buhari: Kolmani Oil Drill Has Attracted $3bn Investments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.