Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,353 members, 7,957,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:57 AM

$1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off (18479 Views)

Amaechi Receives Train Model For Rail Project (photos) / EFCC Operatives Arrest PDP Spokesperson Olisa Metuh Over N1.4b Fraud / How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by deols(f): 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2012
fstranger:

SO you dont want to work in Ibadan? You just want to live there?

It doesnt av 2 be about me. Anyone who wants that could easily get it. Many people already do that. They work mondays to fridays in Lagos and only see their family during the weekend.

This project has a social impact too.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by chino24: 1:59pm On Sep 17, 2012
deols:

Funny you had to climb a hill to take dat pix. Ordinarily you wldnt need to c all of those.
True IB peeps dont care about what you think of d city. If u nor like am, pack ur load and leave

And there are better views than dat.

God forbid! Nothing takes me to Yoruba dungeons not even the filth Ibadam. grin grin

I live and work in Anambra state, Awka to be precise.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by EkoAtlantic: 2:06pm On Sep 17, 2012
chino24:

God forbid! Nothing takes me to Yoruba dungeons not even the filth Ibadam. grin grin

No wonder you always feel inferior when your brother visit your erosion ridden cave from West.
Araoko, tugbobo grin cheesy grin
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Desola(f): 2:08pm On Sep 17, 2012
chino24:

May you never leave Awka village to the Southwest and that if you ever venture it, make akoyoyo kan e lese. Oya, say Amen.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by chino24: 2:09pm On Sep 17, 2012
Eko Atlantic:
No wonder you always feel inferior when your brother visit your erosion ridden cave from West.
Araoko, tugbobo grin cheesy grin

Fool

The least SE city or town is far far ahead and advanced than all the states of SW, with the exception of Lagos which is Awori-land. cheesy
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 17, 2012
chino24:

Fool

The least SE city or town is far far ahead and advanced than all the states of SW, with the exception of Lagos which is Awori-land. cheesy

Chino the Jew, why are you taking Panadol for someone else's headache?
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 17, 2012
chino24:
Fool

Chimp24, is your life that messed up that you live, eat, drink, and breath hatred and bigotry??... You also su.ck at being a PR guy for the Anambra state government... Let the thread die, cu.nt..

And who the hell told you that Lagos is Awori Land, coon?
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by EkoAtlantic: 2:15pm On Sep 17, 2012
chino24:

Fool

But una dey run commot from una erosion ridden kidnappers cave go find better life for S/West.
Maga ni bobo yi sha grin grin grin
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by gbanga02: 2:17pm On Sep 17, 2012
Can i see the confirmation pictures
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by EkoAtlantic: 2:21pm On Sep 17, 2012
Aigbofa:

Chino the Jew, kidnapper why are you taking Panadol for someone else's headache?
grin grin grin
This is what I'm saying. Inferiority complex in the highest order.
A chronic stack village akpu boy calling himself jew grin cheesy grin
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Afam4eva(m): 2:23pm On Sep 17, 2012
I want to join the school of thought who believe that this project is not viable and a total waste of fund. is there a rule that says that this railway cannot extend to Abuja? Lagos is no doubt the economic and commercial capital of Nigeria but why Ibadan? What happens there? What population of Nigerians live there? I even heard someone saying that Ibadan is the largest city in west Africa. Is that now a criteria for citing a project? I will favour a Lagos-Ibadan-Abuja rail project or a Lagos-Benin-Asaba-Onitsha-Enugu than this one. The amount also sounds astronomical to me. smh.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 17, 2012
afam4eva: I want to join the school of thought who believe that this project is not viable and a total waste of fund. is there a rule that says that this railway cannot extend to Abuja? Lagos is no doubt the economic and commercial capital of Nigeria but why Ibadan? What happens there? What population of Nigerians live there? I even heard someone saying that Ibadan is the largest city in west Africa. Is that now a criteria for citing a project? I will favour a Lagos - Abuja rail project or a Lagos-Benin-Asaba-Onitsha-Enugu than this one. The amount also sounds astronomical to me. smh.

Did you just say, "why Ibadan?"

Ibadan is the largest city in Africa and one of the most populated cities in Nigeria... And there has been a campaign about regional integration - so why do you want them to extend it to other regions?? Must the SW always spoon feed the other regions in Nigeria??

If you want 'Lagos-Benin-Asaba-Onitsha-Enugu' - tell the SE to connect 'Onitsha-Enugu', and SS to connect 'Benin-Asaba' - to the 'Lagos-Ibadan' project..
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Desola(f): 2:31pm On Sep 17, 2012
afam4eva: I want to join the school of thought who believe that this project is not viable and a total waste of fund. is there a rule that says that this railway cannot extend to Abuja? Lagos is no doubt the economic and commercial capital of Nigeria but why Ibadan? What happens there? What population of Nigerians live there? I even heard someone saying that Ibadan is the largest city in west Africa. Is that now a criteria for citing a project? I will favour a Lagos-Ibadan-Abuja rail project or a Lagos-Benin-Asaba-Onitsha-Enugu than this one. The amount also sounds astronomical to me. smh.

You can only join a school of thought if you can prove you are coherent in your thinking. My dear, you do not possess such.

oya, keep it moving...to the left, to the left...

1 Like

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Desola(f): 2:32pm On Sep 17, 2012
shymexx:

Ibadan is the largest city in Africa and one of the most populated cities in Nigeria... And there has been a campaign about regional integration - so why do you want them to extend it to other regions?? Must the SW always spoon feed the other regions in Nigeria??

If you want 'Lagos-Benin-Asaba-Onitsha-Enugu' - tell the SE to connect 'Onitsha-Enugu', and SS to connect 'Benin-Asaba' - to the 'Lagos-Ibadan' project..

waa rike, waa r'ayo! Gba five!!

1 Like

Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 17, 2012
afam4eva: I want to join the school of thought who believe that this project is not viable and a total waste of fund. is there a rule that says that this railway cannot extend to Abuja? Lagos is no doubt the economic and commercial capital of Nigeria but why Ibadan? What happens there? What population of Nigerians live there? I even heard someone saying that Ibadan is the largest city in west Africa. Is that now a criteria for citing a project? I will favour a Lagos - Abuja rail project or a Lagos-Benin-Asaba-Onitsha-Enugu than this one. The amount also sounds astronomical to me. smh.

If Lagos to Abuja rail is more viable, do you intend to build the line in the sky? What is wrong in starting from Lagos to Ibadan and then linking other major cities like Abuja? Do you even know the geography of Nigeria?
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Afam4eva(m): 2:35pm On Sep 17, 2012
shymexx:

Correct me if i'm correct. This project is funded jointly by the FG(not the SW) and the Chinese government. If this was funded by the SW, it would have been a different kettle of fish.

Btw, pls that "largest city in Africa stuff is lame". It does not prove anything. We should be connecting cities that are of greater importance and that a higher percentage of Nigerians use and not just because it's big.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Gbawe: 2:35pm On Sep 17, 2012
afam4eva: I want to join the school of thought who believe that this project is not viable and a total waste of fund. is there a rule that says that this railway cannot extend to Abuja? Lagos is no doubt the economic and commercial capital of Nigeria but why Ibadan? What happens there? What population of Nigerians live there? I even heard someone saying that Ibadan is the largest city in west Africa. Is that now a criteria for citing a project? I will favour a Lagos-Ibadan-Abuja rail project or a Lagos-Benin-Asaba-Onitsha-Enugu than this one. The amount also sounds astronomical to me. smh.

Can you read at all or has clannishness and feudalism destroyed every ability to reason objectively? Stop giving us your uninformed submissions and simply defer to those who did their feasibility study before advancing the loan. Simply ask you Senators to lobby the FG for "Lagos-Benin-Asaba-Onitsha-Enugu" instead of speaking as if this project comes as a less important priority in comparison to others. Besides, rail transport is modular and other locations/routes can be easily linked in future.

Your feudalistic approach to everything is nauseating. Every important and strategic transport link, in time, must be developed. This is certainly an important transport link. There is no reason for any Nigerian to speak as if this is a competition.

The project which is partly financed by the Government of China through a $1 billion China EXIM Bank concessionary loan facility aims at increasing the level of economic development and trade between Lagos and Ibadan.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Afam4eva(m): 2:37pm On Sep 17, 2012
Aigbofa:

If Lagos to Abuja rail is more viable, do you intend to build the line in the sky? What is wrong in starting from Lagos to Ibadan and then linking other major cities like Abuja? Do you even know the geography of Nigeria?
I understand. But i'm also looking at the cost of this project. That's off the roof for Lagos-Ibadan.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by deols(f): 2:38pm On Sep 17, 2012
Desola:

I actually love that view. You should watch the movie, "Toluwanile" to appreciate the beauty of the ancient Ibadan. Most parts if not all of Britain is ancient and that is because they pride themselves on preserving history and proud of their heritage so much so that you have foreigners visiting for that purpose.

You can't allow ibos who don't have a history, those who believe they are israelites and have no written or oral trace of their history to tell you that your beautiful city is dirty. You should be the one telling them to get lost because they are B.AS.TARDS!!
Hmmn. I get it smiley
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Afam4eva(m): 2:39pm On Sep 17, 2012
Gbawe:

Can you read at all or has clannishness and feudalism destroyed every ability to reason objectively? Stop giving us your uninformed submissions and simply defer to those who did their feasibility study before advancing the loan. Simply ask you Senators to lobby the FG for "Lagos-Benin-Asaba-Onitsha-Enugu" instead of speaking as if this project comes as a less important priority in comparison to others. Your feudalistic approach to everything is nauseating.

I'm trying very hard to see ACN or SW governments in the article but i can't seem to find it. Because i know you don't support anything except it was being projected by the ACN.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 17, 2012
afam4eva:
Correct me if i'm correct. This project is funded jointly by the FG(not the SW) and the Chinese government. If this was funded by the SW, it would have been a different kettle of fish.

Btw, pls that "largest city in Africa stuff is lame". It does not prove anything. We should be connecting cities that are of greater importance and that a higher percentage of Nigerians use and not just because it's big.

In your opinion the largest city in West Africa is not important to the people who live and work there? Cities are populated by people, I don't understand what other definition you have for a city.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 17, 2012
afam4eva:

Yeah, it was funded by FG because that was what the SW pushed for - and they would have done it, with or without the FG... All the regions have different agendas - the SE is pushing for the for Onitsha River Port and the second River Niger Bridge, and the SS has a different agenda... So, why must they include the other regions in their own agenda??

And who told you Ibadan isn't of 'greater importance'?
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 17, 2012
afam4eva:
I'm trying very hard to see ACN or SW governments in the article but i can't seem to find it. Because i know you don't support anything except it was being projected by the ACN.

What does ACN have to do with this? The Federal government is called the Federal government for a reason, and not ibo, Ijaw or Hausa government.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by EkoAtlantic: 2:43pm On Sep 17, 2012

Oderinde grin
list of the largest cities in Nigeria by population
Rank. City. State
1. Lagos. Lagos
2. Kano. Kano
3. Ibadan. Oyo
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_cities_by_population

Ibadan is the capital city of Oyo State and the third largest metropolitan area in Nigeria, after Lagos and Kano, with a population of 1,338,659 according to the 2006 census. Ibadan is also the largest metropolitan geographical area. At Nigerian independence, Ibadan was the largest and most populous city in the country and the third in Africa after Cairo and Johannesburg.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibadan
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Desola(f): 2:43pm On Sep 17, 2012
afam4eva:
I understand. But i'm also looking at the cost of this project. That's off the roof for Lagos-Ibadan.

Your agbepo should just face his shit, kilode? una no get rail project for una hell holes? Why this grabby nature towards Lagos na? Lagosians dey tok okrika dey put mouth. What indolence!
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Gbawe: 2:45pm On Sep 17, 2012
afam4eva:

The usual jargon submitted by a clown. The FG, for the responsibility and resources vested in it on behalf of Nigeria, still has obligations to every State and region. Why should I not welcome the FG carrying out it's obligation of developing every corner of the nation?
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Desola(f): 2:45pm On Sep 17, 2012
Eko Atlantic:

Oderinde grin

You see, goes to show that even before Lagos became the capital, these anuofias have been swamping the west.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by chucky234(m): 2:49pm On Sep 17, 2012
Desola:

who said this?
Your alter ego abi your okoro clone? Oloshi! Na lie go scatter you these ibo boys' brains. With that your heads that looks like something a machine meant for tarring road passed over. Eleribu.

You not only lie to sell spares from 'off the roads' vehicles you shipped into Lagos from Europe, you lie even about your existence, hence your repeated efforts to correct your own mistakes.

I laff sotey my colleagues dem dey ask me wetin make me dey laff,you funny die.
Why you no go replace Helen Paul na
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by EkoAtlantic: 2:49pm On Sep 17, 2012
Desola:

Your agbepo should just face his shit, kilode? una no get rail project for una hell holes? Why this grabby nature towards Lagos na? Lagosians dey tok okrika dey put mouth. What indolence!
grin cheesy grin
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by Gbawe: 2:49pm On Sep 17, 2012
shymexx:

Yeah, it was funded by FG because that was what the SW pushed for - and they would have done it, with or without the FG... All the regions have different agendas - the SE is pushing for the for Onitsha River Port and the second River Niger Bridge, and the SS has a different agenda... So, why must they include the other regions in their own agenda??

And who told you Ibadan isn't of 'greater importance'?

Clannishness told him that. No "Yoruba City" is of priority to some even when logic show how terribly flawed their reasoning is. Thankfully, those advancing the loans still work with economic facts, geographical necessity and reality rather than delusions and fantasy.
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by oilsuop: 2:54pm On Sep 17, 2012
Hurrraaayyyyyyy hope is true! this one,by the time we the SW can see this project live with our two eyes hope cars wont be flying by then in 2030sad sad sad
Re: $1.4B Lagos-ibadan Rail Project Kicks Off by emiye(m): 2:57pm On Sep 17, 2012
For those asking "why Ibadan?"

Ibadan was the capital of the former western region, 11 local governments out of the 33 local governments in Oyo State are in Ibadan, the 2006 census puts Ibadan population at 2,338,659 out of 5,591,589 in Oyo state.

The 2006 population census of Ibadan was grossly "estimated". Ibadan's population should be in the neigbhorhood of 5 million. In short the opportunities in Ibadan is under exploited.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oshiomhole's Wife Iara, Stuns In Native Attire (Photos) / "We Will Take Bribes Like Police" - FRSC Officials Threaten FG / Osinbajo Launches African Development Bank Nigeria Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.