Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,402 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Questions About My Relationship - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Questions About My Relationship (3819 Views)

My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please / Etisalat Sales Girl Has Put My Relationship in Trouble / A Nairalander To Nairalanders: Please Save My Relationship With A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions About My Relationship by freecocoa(f): 4:02pm On Sep 20, 2012
Is this OP even making any sense? Cos i can't see anything sensible in her epistles undecided
Re: Questions About My Relationship by gawk: 4:06pm On Sep 20, 2012
chigurl: I am a Nigerian American. Born in Nigeria to igbo parents moved here at the age of 13. I have attended high school and college and currently in the workforce. I left the state of Ohio to move to NJ to be closer to my family. while in Ohio i go involved with an older black american man. First of all he is 34yrs older than me. I wont say he wasn't nice to me because he was but he insisted on marrying me even with the large age difference between us. He now explained that if he never married me that he was going to find another Nigerian woman to marry. Meanwhile this was the man saying that all his money went toward me throughout our relationship. This man has been married and has grown up children residing in the state of Texas. I refused to marry him and refused to sign a prenujp. He did give me some gifts but i told him that my culture does not allow me to marry men who is my fathers age and really we do not mix with black americans as you guys are just that Americans and will never go to Africa with us. I told him to go and marry someone who is from the Yoruba Tribe or Hausa Tribe since he insists on a Nigerian. I am sure there are thousands of Yoruba women who wants a man who is 34yrs their senior and who are willing to sign a prenup for marriage. I just want to know if there are any igbo men out there in Philadelphia, NJ or NYC. I am back in the market and i am getting older and looking to settle down with the right person. If you have a wife back in Nigeria please de not respond. I am very educated and hold a good job. Thanks and have a wonderful evening you all.

@chigurl lets relate, its kinda important my email; yemmy56@yahoo.com
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 20, 2012
free2ryhme:

Wetin dey worry this ode! you dey jump.Brains aren't everything. In fact, in your case they're nothing!
lol, I can see you lack one.....if you wana talk more, you know wher to find me....not in this thread....olodo
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 20, 2012
gree-die:

no, not daily news, i addressed it to u..... U may not lyk him but u shouldnt write inhumane tins abt him
inhumane things? Seriously? Are you sure you aint mistaking me for someonelse? Cus I dont see anything inhumane I said unless you want to point it out to me....but not in this thread.
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 20, 2012
freecocoa: Is this OP even making any sense? Cos i can't see anything sensible in her epistles undecided
felt same way but some vampires want to suck my blood.
Re: Questions About My Relationship by obowunmi(m): 12:54am On Sep 21, 2012
@ OP: is a mad attention-seeking deranged tribsalist
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Mynd44: 1:38am On Sep 21, 2012
I can't imagine that people like the OP are still alive. Its just annoying
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 21, 2012
chigurl: If i offended anyone from the yoruba tribe i do apologise. i made my statement because i don't understand yoruba culture for one. The one time i tried to get to know a yoruba guy i wasn't accepted for being Igbo. I was taught that Yorubas have more in Common with black Americans. I don't look down on any tribe. Just saying it as i was thought and based on my life experiences. I know here in the USA. many high crimes have been committed by Yorubas. I have to explain this to my black americans friends that we have different tribes in Nigeria. The Redeem is a Yoruba church and this black american man ex of mine has attended a couple of their services. He said he would tell all his friends to attend the Redeem Church to find an African wife since they are all divorced. I hope he goes to all the Chapters. I know we share the same skin color but the culture is not the same and never will be. We have no need to adopt to their cultureless hiphop mentality. This man has attended an igbo event and sees the difference. I can't marry him. There are thousands of others who want a 64yr old man for marriage i am very sure of. I am quite unsure how Yorubas really feel about black americans. I truly dislike the ghetto ones even though i went to school with them. I am proud to call myself a Nigerian and tell them to go back to picking cotton where their ancestors came from and deal with whitey because they are good for nothing so fas as i am concerned.

Oh yes Madam. I know a fine 37 y/o Igbo Nigerian man who comes from a respectable family in Oniyo. You can easily verify that he has no wife, nor any children. His mother is desperate for her eldest son to marry and give her some grand pikin. He has been gallivanting across the UK and US for the past 8 years. He currently resides in the states and is almost finished with his Ph.D. Di man get moni hunni! He has several job offers and is seeking a good woman he can present to his family. [Delicately removing my p.i.m.p. gloves to disconnect someone from their high horse]. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend you, as you have been used up by an old goat. tongue

I wonder about these so called ghetto black Americans you know. It never amazes how some "foreigners" move to impoverished areas in the US and expect to see the best of any group of people. I don't know of any black American who is ashamed their ancestors were slaves. Why do you worry about the beautiful cotton that I still have the opportunity to freely pick when I visit some of my family? I'm so proud my grandparents were cotton pickers. That cotton put clothes on my parents' back and food in their mouth. That cotton built my family church in the late 1800's that I still attend today. That cotton showed me how I could sew anything I needed for my house. That cotton sent me to college to get that oh so coveted advanced degree that keeps my pockets lined and my grandma looking fine! That same cotton that helped raise my father and taught him how to work for his money. That white fluffy stuff saved my Igbo step-mum from being deported back to a life of either the village or the slums of Nigeria. Now you are over here, taking advantage of what my ancestors help build and still flapping about some tribal ish.

'Na hu di die? Wor Wor Ashewo!'

1 Like

Re: Questions About My Relationship by Mynd44: 9:13pm On Sep 21, 2012
Huh?
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 21, 2012
FlowerPower:
Oh yes Madam. I know a fine 37 y/o Igbo Nigerian man who comes from a respectable family in Oniyo. You can easily verify that he has no wife, nor any children. His mother is desperate for her eldest son to marry and give her some grand pikin. He has been gallivanting across the UK and US for the past 8 years. He currently resides in the states and is almost finished with his Ph.D. Di man get moni hunni! He has several job offers and is seeking a good woman he can present to his family. [Delicately removing my love-vendor gloves to disconnect someone from their high horse]. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend you, as you have been used up by an old goat. tongue

I wonder about these so called ghetto black Americans you know. It never amazes how some "foreigners" move to impoverished areas in the US and expect to see the best of any group of people. I don't know of any black American who is ashamed their ancestors were slaves. Why do you worry about the beautiful cotton that I still have the opportunity to freely pick when I visit some of my family? I'm so proud my grandparents were cotton pickers. That cotton put clothes on my parents back and food in their mouth. That cotton built my family church in the late 1800's that I still attend today. That cotton showed me how I could sew anything I needed for my house. That cotton sent me to college to get that oh so coveted advanced degree that keeps my pockets lined and my grandma looking fine! That same cotton that helped raise my father and taught him how to work for his money. That white fluffy stuff saved my Igbo step-mum from being deported back to a life of either the village or the slums of Nigeria. Now you are over here, taking advantage of what my ancestors help build and still flapping about some tribal ish.

'Na hu di die? Wor Wor Ashewo!'

Interesting read...

FlowerBomb, I need some of those cottons that raised 10 generations of your la familia in my life... And how come you can write Igbo and Yoruba despite being AA?

I'm Yoruba but my Yoruba is rubbish.. sad
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 21, 2012
shymexx:

Interesting read...

FlowerBomb, I need some of those cottons that raised 10 generations of your la familia in my life... And how come you can write Igbo and Yoruba despite being AA?

I'm Yoruba but my Yoruba is rubbish.. sad

Maybe because my STEPMOTHER is Igbo and the I spent my summers in Texas watching my father do business with a lot of kolo Nigerians. I cannot tell you the difference betweeen Igbo and Yoruba. I only know the meaning of what I say. However, I forget that some people seem to believe only what they see on tv or read on the internet about "black Americans". Thank God I've been able to travel the world and meet people from every walk of life. But just in case you are still wondering...

'Chile I'm just a sweet ole southern belle who was lucky to get an edumecation and travel. Ya dig?'
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 21, 2012
Nland can never be the best place, never! If only we know the harm we are causing ourselves, then we all will have a rethink.

...and to u Maria, thank u, keep doing what ur doing.
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 21, 2012
FlowerPower:
Maybe because my STEPMOTHER is Igbo and the I spent my summers in Texas watching my father do business with a lot of kolo Nigerians. I cannot tell you the difference betweeen Igbo and Yoruba. I only know the meaning of what I say. However, I forget that some people seem to believe only what they see on tv or read on the internet about "black Americans". Thank God I've been able to travel the world and meet people from every walk of life. But just in case you are still wondering...

'Chile I'm just a sweet ole southern belle who was lucky to get an edumecation and travel. Ya dig?'

Interesting sci-fi story... Paul Mooney wouldn't have made this up - and Matrix would be jealous of this story line...

Just gotta love NL and the weird fun that comes with this forum.... grin

*I ain't saying she's a gold digger but she ain't messing with a broke nyggah*
Re: Questions About My Relationship by nikkyshyne(f): 10:44pm On Sep 21, 2012
Maria-G:
She is a she-dailynews
You shouldn't have.
Mynd_44: I can't imagine that people like the OP are still alive. Its just annoying
WRONG, JUST SO WRONG.

We all should really choose our words carefully, [size=14pt]wishing somebody dead is just so WRONG![/size]
angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Questions About My Relationship by Nobody: 2:26am On Sep 22, 2012
shymexx:

Interesting sci-fi story... Paul Mooney wouldn't have made this up - and Matrix would be jealous of this story line...

Just gotta love NL and the weird fun that comes with this forum.... grin

*I ain't saying she's a gold digger but she ain't messing with a broke nyggah*
Ignorance at its finest. Just keep striving for an American greencard. You will make it over here one day LOL! grin
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Goldieluks: 3:17am On Sep 22, 2012
You back in the market, and you started with NL? Are you for sale, because you sound so cheap. Because of your huge appetite for money, you dated your grand father's age and when its time to get married and sign a prenup, you now realise he's too old for you isn't it??

You didn't only swam in an old blood, but you also wasted your youthful days with him all because of money. You've managed to let go of the old man, instead of you to tame yourself for the your next suppose "victim", you are on here acting all tribalistic as if you lost your brain cells while giving the old grandpa a BJ huh?? I pity any guy who would go after your watse product. You better go back to you old grandpa because that is where you belong. You cannot eat your cake and still want a take away, no no!
Re: Questions About My Relationship by kpolli(m): 5:08am On Sep 22, 2012
So u were too young to marry him but not too young to have sex wiv him . . . . Issorai
Re: Questions About My Relationship by tellwsdom: 5:15am On Sep 22, 2012
Re: Questions About My Relationship by AdeniyiA(m): 6:10am On Sep 22, 2012
malaria: Poster u are an educated illiterate 4 dat triblistic remark. Wot has Tribe got 2 do with the fact that u don't have moral ethics 2 knw the age barrier in your relationship. Enyia think twice and quickly delete this thread that has no economic and agric importance.
i think she's suffering from MALARIA (F)ever
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Mynd44: 6:28am On Sep 22, 2012
nikkyshyne:
You shouldn't have.

WRONG, JUST SO WRONG.

We all should really choose our words carefully, [size=14pt]wishing somebody dead is just so WRONG![/size]
angry angry angry
Wrong you say huh? I still stick with it though
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 22, 2012
@Chigurl the Op, I didn't want to comment at first but then I was compelled by my conscience to drop these words if at all u may find them helpful & also to others in your shoe.

Firstly, the way u passed your message made it sound like u are a tribalist which maybe wrong if we conclude cos of wot u wrote. But then, try to be more civil next time cos of how people may end up interpreting ur message. That said, lets move on.

My childhood best friend just moved to America since the last 2 to 3 yrs now & we do communicate almost daily for hours, and I have three other friends, though not so close, who live in UK, USA & Canada, and we do also communicate. Lastly, one of my course-mate back in school travelled to America early this year through a girl he met in the village in 2007 xmas. The girl happens to be born & raised in America, so they got married & my friend moved to the states with her. Now from what I have heard & learned from this circle of friends who come from different tribes & social status, I would give my advice if at all it will be considered.

My best friend unfortunately never had a girlfriend before moving to the states & when he was about travelling I & him did all we could to see if we could find him a girl back here in Nigeria so that as soon as he settles he will come down to take her along, but our efforts failed so he left.

Now ever since his been in the states, he had been trying to find a good Nigerian (Igbo anyway) girl to settle down with but to no avail. u know his complains?
1. That majority of Nigerian girls in the states are too spoilt.
2. That majority again commit the same crime most in Nigeria commit, & whats that crime? Being too forward about money & status; he told me several stories I cnt just tell here.
3. That most are controlling & nag at trivial issues that ought to be settled amicably maybe becos of western culture influence.
4. Then he also made mention that some hate Nigeria & will hardly agree to come back home as most guys would want.

To cut the long story short, concerning your searching for a life partner, I don't think the platform u are using is the right one considering certain reasons, including the age/social/academic background of most people u will find on this platform, even though it ought to have been a nice medium for our brothers/sisters in diaspora to make friends with those at home, & vice versa.

If at all u want to find good Nigerian guys of Igbo decent to court & possibly marry, try & be coming back home cos most Nigerian guys abroad have bad impression about our sisters in diaspora, & will hardly settle with one- reason u see them coming back home to marry girls in Nigeria, so maybe u ladies should adopt the same tactics.

For example d girl I told u that my friend got married to, came back with her single friends & 2 got engaged too by 2 different guys they met at the traditional wedding, & one will be getting married to d guy she met at that wedding & d guy works with RussellSmith & earns even fatter than most living abroad. so try & be coming back home. Finally, try harder to avoid tribalistic opinion or generalizing; all tribes have sth that make them awesome & I must commend the Yoruba ladies for some reasons.

Goodluck in your search, God will see u through, just put more of ur trust on Him irrespective of the western influence.
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 22, 2012
@Chigurl the Op, I didn't want to comment at first but then I was compelled by my conscience to drop these words if at all u may find them helpful & also to others in your shoe.

Firstly, the way u passed your message made it sound like u are a tribalist which maybe wrong if we conclude cos of wot u wrote. But then, try to be more civil next time cos of how people may end up interpreting ur message. That said, lets move on.

My childhood best friend just moved to America since the last 2 to 3 yrs now & we do communicate almost daily for hours, and I have three other friends, though not so close, who live in UK, USA & Canada, and we do also communicate. Lastly, one of my course-mate back in school travelled to America early this year through a girl he met in the village in 2007 xmas. The girl happens to be born & raised in America, so they got married & my friend moved to the states with her. Now from what I have heard & learned from this circle of friends who come from different tribes & social status, I would give my advice if at all it will be considered.

My best friend unfortunately never had a girlfriend before moving to the states & when he was about travelling I & him did all we could to see if we could find him a girl back here in Nigeria so that as soon as he settles he will come down to take her along, but our efforts failed so he left.

Now ever since his been in the states, he had been trying to find a good Nigerian (Igbo anyway) girl to settle down with but to no avail. u know his complains?
1. That majority of Nigerian girls in the states are too spoilt.
2. That majority again commit the same crime most in Nigeria commit, & whats that crime? Being too forward about money & status; he told me several stories I cnt just tell here.
3. That most are controlling & nag at trivial issues that ought to be settled amicably maybe becos of western culture influence.
4. Then he also made mention that some hate Nigeria & will hardly agree to come back home as most guys would want.

To cut the long story short, concerning your searching for a life partner, I don't think the platform u are using is the right one considering certain reasons, including the age/social/academic background of most people u will find on this platform, even though it ought to have been a nice medium for our brothers/sisters in diaspora to make friends with those at home, & vice versa.

If at all u want to find good Nigerian guys of Igbo decent to court & possibly marry, try & be coming back home cos most Nigerian guys abroad have bad impression about our sisters in diaspora, & will hardly settle with one- reason u see them coming back home to marry girls in Nigeria, so maybe u ladies should adopt the same tactics.

For example d girl I told u that my friend got married to, came back with her single friends & 2 got engaged too by 2 different guys they met at the traditional wedding, & one will be getting married to d guy she met at that wedding & d guy works with RussellSmith & earns even fatter than most living abroad. so try & be coming back home. Finally, try harder to avoid tribalistic opinion or generalizing; all tribes have sth that make them awesome & I must commend the Yoruba ladies for some reasons.

Goodluck in your search, God will see u through, just put more of ur trust on Him irrespective of the western influence.
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 22, 2012
FlowerPower:
Ignorance at its finest. Just keep striving for an American greencard. You will make it over here one day LOL! grin

Why would a Briton(born and raised) want an American greencard?

A country run by neo-cons and plutocrats with dirty ghettos everywhere? Bwahahahahaha

Don't even get me started on how you negroes kill yourselves over there from Chicago, Philly, LA, to New Orleans - keep your country, I fathered your language... undecided undecided

You're Nigerian, stop lying about being an AA, dolt!! Posting in Igbo and Yoruba, yet claiming to be AA - AAs don't want you, stop faking the funk on here... undecided
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Mynd44: 5:59pm On Sep 22, 2012
^^
chill bro
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 22, 2012
I like shymmex smiley
Re: Questions About My Relationship by claremont(m): 7:09pm On Sep 22, 2012
I always find it interesting when I hear ladies say that they want to marry from a particular major tribe in Nigeria. Na im be say no hope for those of us from minority tribes sha.
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Mynd44: 7:12pm On Sep 22, 2012
DailyNews: I like shymmex smiley
gay
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 22, 2012
Mynd_44:
gay

Nay! I cannot deny the truth that shymmex is among the few male users on nairaland romance section that I respect so much, but the only thing I would like him to do is to try harder to avoid exchange of hate/swear words with some classified perfect members, pls shymmex do me that favour, but u can continue with ur enlightenment words for those that want to hear. I like u, even if they said its cos u support me, I still approve u like I approve oguguo88 & few others n not afraid to say it smiley He doesn't act under d influence of peer-pressure like most who only comment based on what others said b4 abt the op, & nt based on what they think abt d topic or d op. most ppl on nl romance section post under peer-pressure! shymmex n few others are different.

1 Like

Re: Questions About My Relationship by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 22, 2012
shymexx:

Why would a Briton(born and raised) want an American greencard?

A country run by neo-cons and plutocrats with dirty ghettos everywhere? Bwahahahahaha

Don't even get me started on how you negroes kill yourselves over there from Chicago, Philly, LA, to New Orleans - keep your country, I fathered your language... undecided undecided

You're Nigerian, stop lying about being an AA, dolt!! Posting in Igbo and Yoruba, yet claiming to be AA - AAs don't want you, stop faking the funk on here... undecided

LOL!! It just kills you that you can't hang onto your stereotype about 'black' Americans or Negroes as you say. Sorry to prove you wrong "bro", but I'm all Americana baby! Born and bred tongue Just keep praying for that greencard. It will come one day grin
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 22, 2012
FlowerPower:

LOL!! It just kills you that you can't hang onto your stereotype about 'black' Americans or Negroes as you say. Sorry to prove you wrong "bro", but I'm all Americana baby! Born and bred tongue Just keep praying for that greencard. It will come one day grin

Keep paying your taxes to the Queen, speaking our language(in a rubbish way), and pray the dollar can stand toe to toe with pounds sterling... grin

I don't know no Briton that would want to get your nonsense greencard in a poverty ridden country with military complex.. undecided

You're Nigerian, next!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Questions About My Relationship by Mynd44: 7:42pm On Sep 22, 2012
Dailynews is gay and hey is having dreams of shymmex

1 Like

Re: Questions About My Relationship by Austinodark(m): 8:08pm On Sep 22, 2012
This mynd is that hw bitter you are in every thread insulting people,I bet u re not dat in real life if not you would have been beaten several times,nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Took Of My Underwear-a Must Read!! / How To Be Romantic (photo) For Guys / Nairaland.com Romance Top 10 Awesome And 10 Annoying People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.