Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:11 PM

Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State (12045 Views)

Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u / Pictures Of Fulani Occupation And Destruction Of Agatu Land...... / Aljazeera Calls Hungary Draconian For Stopping Illegal Migration Of Arab Refugee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by CrazyMan(m): 5:57am On Sep 20, 2012
Ogun State government has ordered Fulani herdsmen to halt their migration to the state as it aims to end clashes between farmers and the cattle-rearers.

Commissioner for Agriculture, Mr. Ayo Olubori, at a meeting of the stakeholders in Abeokuta on Wednesday, said the directive was to enable the state to address the factors responsible for the recurring clashes between farmers and herdsmen and also to set a minimum requirement for the nomads.

Olubori added that issues concerning grazing land, cattle routes, registration and the signing of agreement by the nomads would be resolved at another meeting.

He, however, directed the chairmen of Imeko-Afon, Yewa North and Abeokuta North local governments to convene a meeting of traditional rulers, youths, Fulani herdsmen, farmers and community leaders in their areas to inform them about  the government’s efforts aimed at forestalling a recurrence of the crises.

The commissioner said, “Fulani herdsmen who are bringing their cattle into the state for grazing should suspend their coming until proper arrangements have been made to ensure that the crises that usually occur between them and farmers do not happen again.

“Government is working to ensure that farmers and herdsmen can cohabit peacefully without a breakdown of law and order and we will not tolerate a recurrence of what was witnessed last year.”

Prominent  among those who attended the  meeting were the representatives of the ministry, security agents, the concerned council bosses, Seriki fulanis of the affected areas and Chairman of the All Farmers Association of Nigeria, Ogun State chapter, Mr. Segun Dasaolu.

http://www.punchng.com/news/govt-suspends-influx-of-herdsmen-into-ogun/

1 Like

Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by DuduNegro: 7:06am On Sep 20, 2012
Great! Greater!! Greatest!!!
Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 20, 2012
Dudu_Negro: Great! Greater!! Greatest!!!
lol
Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 20, 2012
Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by Afam4eva(m): 3:07pm On Sep 20, 2012
How exactly are they going to stop the herdsmen without running the risk of having their throat slit.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by hollypagan: 3:09pm On Sep 20, 2012
U cant allow devil to eat with u,dont
Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by Ejine(m): 3:17pm On Sep 20, 2012
afam4eva: How exactly are they going to stop the herdsmen without running the risk of having their throat slit.

...NURTW grin

7 Likes

Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by ANiyi2: 3:19pm On Sep 20, 2012
Hope everything will work out fine without any problem. <HEADING IN A RIGHT DIRECTION>
Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by Dede1(m): 3:19pm On Sep 20, 2012
I guess state governments in Nigeria are as useless as the federal government. Fulani herdsmen should raise and graze their cattle in their respective states of origin and move their products through road or rail transportation to markets in the southern states of Nigeria. Any herds of cattle found roaming freely in state with such laws forbidding such activity should be confiscated. In Kano, Kaduna, Zamafra and other states in northern Nigeria where Sharia Law takes center stage, beer and alcoholic beverages have been confiscated and destroyed by the state government agencies.

15 Likes

Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by PointB: 3:36pm On Sep 20, 2012
From what I read I think it's a sort of suspension. I hope it is made permanent. Afam4eva (or someone else) once reminded us that the cattle rearer do so for profit, not for charity. Same applies to the farmers (in every corner of Nigeria) who acquire land, seedling, and other farm inputs, and raise their crops at great cost, only for grazing cattle to descend on such labour.

This is 21st century, the cattle herders should develop more 'love' for their animals, and raise them in ranches. It amount to sheer cruelty to make the animal travel such long, and dangerous terrain to cities, in search of food, simply because their herder enjoy long distance travel. I put it to the herder that the cow don't enjoy the trek. Keep them in ranches!

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by klax(m): 3:43pm On Sep 20, 2012
Plssssss I beg the Ogun State Govt please in the name of God dont allow these animals in your dormain let them just go back to their homeland wherever it is, either in this planet or in Allien land is nobody business just let them go away, plsss never you dine with devil orelse he consume you.

Ogun State govt pleaseeeeeeeee stop them dont listen to anyone plea for them because in a few years to come these idiots will wake up one day and say Ogun State was their great great grandfathers land because they know history too much. Even in the East recently fulani claimed they are from East so soon fulani will say they are from Ogun and begin their demonic fake history and ready to shed blood as usual.

6 Likes

Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 20, 2012
Abeg let the fulani man roam around, he's been doin dat since ninteen kokoro.

It's been down since history, the nomadic way, u knw?
Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by Beync(f): 3:50pm On Sep 20, 2012
they should rear their cattle in their state of origin
other states should take such measure to end clashes
they are too warring

1 Like

Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 20, 2012
klax: Plssssss I beg the Ogun State Govt please in the name of God dont allow these animals in your dormain let them just go back to their homeland wherever it is, either in this planet or in Allien land is nobody business just let them go away, plsss never you dine with devil orelse he consume you.

Ogun State govt pleaseeeeeeeee stop them dont listen to anyone plea for them because in a few years to come these idiots will wake up one day and say Ogun State was their great great grandfathers land because they know history too much. Even in the East recently fulani claimed they are from East so soon fulani will say they are from Ogun and begin their demonic fake history and ready to shed blood as usual.
small boy, wetin you knw?
Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by olede: 3:57pm On Sep 20, 2012
Yes beer and other alcohol are confiscated in the Northern state therefore they should greaze in their respective state to avoid conflict with the owners of the land. As wherever fulani's goes they claim ownership of the land thereby resulting into killing of innocent soul.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by Dede1(m): 3:59pm On Sep 20, 2012
I hope other states in southern Nigeria should emulate Ogun State’s approach by outright banning of cattle from roaming freely in the state. Cattles must be transported to the market or holding pens though road or rail transportation.

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 20, 2012
um
Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by nduchucks: 4:12pm On Sep 20, 2012
You intellectuals and elitists should be ashamed of yourselves for promoting the violation of human rights of fellow Nigerians instead of spending energy to prevent same.

This action by Ogun state cannot be enforced and will be resisted by force. The state official who made this announcement is irresponsible and just playing for cheap publicity - I await his enforcement of this rule.

I'll probably work to organize herdsmen to dare authorities to enforce this rule. Nonesense!!!

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by Felixadded(m): 4:21pm On Sep 20, 2012
CrazyMan:

http://www.punchng.com/news/govt-suspends-influx-of-herdsmen-into-ogun/
The tiring thing about this herdsmen is their autonomy for carrying sword(Dagar) all around. I think it's high time government should put an end into this.
Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by eledalo: 4:29pm On Sep 20, 2012
Is Nigeria a country at all? Citizens are being banned from going to one part of a country to another. Being from one part of a country is seen as a direct physical threat to others. Is this a country, a nation or an amalgamation.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by Mrchippychappy(m): 4:37pm On Sep 20, 2012
Na wa Oh!! so now you need visa to travel within your own country again ? Abeg they should leave the herdsmen to migrate Into Ogun state.
Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by PhysicsQED(m): 4:42pm On Sep 20, 2012
How did I know ndu chucks was going to show up and say something inane simply because it pertains to Fulani herdsmen? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 20, 2012
ndu_chucks: You intellectuals and elitists should be ashamed of yourselves for promoting the violation of human rights of fellow Nigerians instead of spending energy to prevent same.

This action by Ogun state cannot be enforced and will be resisted by force. The state official who made this announcement is irresponsible and just playing for cheap publicity - I await his enforcement of this rule.

I'll probably work to organize herdsmen to dare authorities to enforce this rule. Nonesense!!!
my man. Now this is the voice of reason. The so called ban is an infringement on the fundamental rights of a group of nigerian citizens, and so therefore is illegal, null and void. Or shd ogun state citizens be banned frm adamawa and taraba states?
Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by str8talk1: 4:47pm On Sep 20, 2012
afam4eva: How exactly are they going to stop the herdsmen without running the risk of having their throat slit.
Nwane,I trust my Igbo pple,ever ready to put these Boko Roaches in form of nomads to their rightful place whenever they want to want to display their animalistic tendencies.
Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by dayokanu(m): 5:13pm On Sep 20, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
Na wa Oh!! so now you need visa to travel within your own country again ? Abeg they should leave the herdsmen to migrate Into Ogun state.

you can admit them to Enugu state
Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by greall1: 5:16pm On Sep 20, 2012
There are fulani”s in all part of south west if you go oyo state like igbo ora,ibarapa,iganna,okeho,almost oke ogun side you will find them and they are friendly with all these pple
What happen in north is political issue fulanis are not too bad like that
Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by greall1: 5:20pm On Sep 20, 2012
Kai ibo pple like to make mouth wetin una do when they start bomb your pple in north and your state.

str8_talk:
Nwane,I trust my Igbo pple,ever ready to put these Boko Roaches in form of nomads to their rightful place whenever they want to want to display their animalistic tendencies.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by Nuezha(m): 5:25pm On Sep 20, 2012
It's better ooo. A stitch in time prevents SHARIA WAR !!!

1 Like

Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 20, 2012
Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by Fidtad: 5:31pm On Sep 20, 2012
Can any good thing comes out of the FULANI?
Re: Ogun Halts Migration Of Fulani Herdsmen Into The State by COOLDUN: 5:42pm On Sep 20, 2012
ndu_chucks: You intellectuals and elitists should be ashamed of yourselves for promoting the violation of human rights of fellow Nigerians instead of spending energy to prevent same.

Are you well at all? if you know anything you take that makes you to talk like this, please i advice you to stop it now, before it consumes your remaining sanity. You call people that destroy other people's crops with their animals’ human right? Which institution taught you that? I believe that you are the one who supposed to be ashamed of yourself, and visit a mental home for reexamination of your head. Fulani herdsmen will occupy your village very soon. People like you should stop tribelizing every important issues in this forum. If they can introduce Sharia laws in their respective states and prohibit other businesses, and find it worthy to be moving around destroying other peoples crops, killing people in their villages. Let the herdsmen rear their cattle at their respective cities. Ogun government took a very courageous decision to keep them out of their territories.I know that you are an impersonator.Pls stop using Igbo name because, Igbo people are wise and prudent people.No real Igbo fellow can reason like you.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Nigerians Beheaded In Middle East For Drug Smuggling And Arm Robbery / NHRC: Security Agencies Killed 18 During Lockdown / Angry Youth Pulls Down Tinubu's Billboard In Yobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.